Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,478 members, 7,947,915 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 10:47 AM

Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka (15404 Views)

Obasanjo's Dance Moves At His 79th Birthday [PICS] / Obasanjo's Adopted Son, Udoh Henry At His 79th Birthday In Ogun State.pics / Obasanjo Dances At His 79th Birthday (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 13, 2013
Happy Birthday to the Prof. An icon in every respect.

Seun and moderators. I thought you were going to hide some of the meaningless comments from Billyonaire, nayef, deletrue and paid thugs like them. They need to remember that some of us think rationally and their senseless rants irritates both our eyes and brains. Again we don't want to turn Nairaland to a place where paid gangsters pollute our people with their thoughtless mumblings.

2 Likes

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 13, 2013
Happy birthday,prof.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by armyofone(m): 3:40pm On Jul 13, 2013
I just like this guy cheesy and wondering how he takes care of his hair from year to year:
does he use hair cream?
does his hair breaks/thin?
Shower cap when showering?
net when about to sleep?
Happy birthday Mr. Soyinka.

1 Like

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Chility(m): 3:42pm On Jul 13, 2013
coolestboy: So d man is rounding off his seventies and dt gud for nothing english killer parading herself 2 be d 1st lady was talking to her father becoz of political goddy goddies.
Thunder fire anyone who'll say av got no respect.
Happy bornday PROF, no mind that WIDOW (D MOTHER OF CHILDRENSES, DONATING HER FAMILY ON BEHALF OF 2M)
coolest boy u are very stupid 4 calling PEJ a widow,y didn't the so called Prof. Wole Soyinka not respect his old age knowing the fact he is old enough to be her father.nonsense

1 Like

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 13, 2013
@P. Stacks.. You are a no-hoper. I'm sorry to say this; you are a disgrace to mankind!

1 Like

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Abiyamo: 3:54pm On Jul 13, 2013
Read all about Wole Soyinka, Nigeria's first Nobel Laureate here>>> http://.com/wole-soyinka-nigerias-first-nobel-laureate/
MAYOWAAK: In a couple of hours from now,Professor Oluwole Akinwande Soyinka will turn 79.Let us open the deluge of tributes for one of the greatest Nigerians of all time as he embarks on the last lap of the septuagenarian age group.

1 Like

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by kraftykc(m): 4:00pm On Jul 13, 2013
Wole Soyinka is among that select crop of humans that defy 'commonness'. Everything he does tends to make history...tank God I lived in the age that saw such giants. Happy birthday, you are Nigeria's real first citizen.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by drdams: 4:02pm On Jul 13, 2013
Hahah.. Impotent? U r so naive, a learner..., do u know his first son is presently the Commisioner for health in Ogun state?
He has mre than 5 kids who has gone far to where u mite nt reach in lyf.
deletrue: This is the greatest opportunity i have been waiting for. There is no way a man, particularly professor Soyinka and considering his age, could celebrate his berth day WITHOUT a WIFE by his side. I repeat, to God, if this prof. who find it very simple and easy to insult the wife of president could celebrate his berth day without any woman (wife) then you are not suppose to live. Quickly go and commit suicide. Simply put, you are less than homeless ginny pig. Yes, you will be of no use not only to Nigerians but also to the larger human race. Infact, am not aware of any objective to describe you prof. if you fail to come with your wife to the occasion. Am still waiting. Could it be that he is impotent? Lifeless human for that matter.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by sheniqua: 4:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
For his disrespect to Chinua Achebe and his latest outburst on the First Lady I hope he becomes wiser real soon.
He should learn some respect for women because obviously he has none ,the reason he is now on to his third wife.
Finally ,I hope he gives his life to Christ soon and dumps his Idols

I used to respect him a great deal,not anymore.
He has become worse than a market woman

Hopefully he can write a book that will sell More than Chimamanda Adichie's
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by drdams: 4:05pm On Jul 13, 2013
And yet he was an anti - Abacha? Yet he was Jailed by same military leaders? Yet he wrote some of his poems on toilet roll while in prison? Cmon, lets spik lyk historian not newspaper stand analyst.
Billionaires: Wole Soyinka worked for a military junta in this country and therefore gave legitimacy to militocracy, he is a very biased man.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by dabrake(m): 4:17pm On Jul 13, 2013
deletrue: This is the greatest opportunity i have been waiting for. There is no way a man, particularly professor Soyinka and considering his age, could celebrate his berth day WITHOUT a WIFE by his side. I repeat, to God, if this prof. who find it very simple and easy to insult the wife of president could celebrate his berth day without any woman (wife) then you are not suppose to live. Quickly go and commit suicide. Simply put, you are less than homeless ginny pig. Yes, you will be of no use not only to Nigerians but also to the larger human race. Infact, am not aware of any objective to describe you prof. if you fail to come with your wife to the occasion. Am still waiting. Could it be that he is impotent? Lifeless human for that matter.
like seriously, 3 people liked this comment

Maybe the 3 'LIKES' came from ghanaians.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by coogar: 4:22pm On Jul 13, 2013
Nashville: Happy Birthday to the Prof. An icon in every respect.

Seun and moderators. I thought you were going to hide some of the meaningless comments from Billyonaire, nayef, deletrue and paid thugs like them. They need to remember that some of us think rationally and their senseless rants irritates both our eyes and brains. Again we don't want to turn Nairaland to a place where paid gangsters pollute our people with their thoughtless mumblings.

without douchebags like nayef and deletrue, this forum would be boring. it's a matter of balance.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by dabrake(m): 4:31pm On Jul 13, 2013
deletrue: Am using this occasion of the celebration of one of the impotent nigerians called prof. Soyinka that all you prominent nigerian women out there to pray for our indesciple, low level, insane individual to enable him recover, as he has decribe and called[b] our able mother Dame Johnathan [/b]an appendge. This is, indeed, an insult to all women. rise up today where you are and describe him as one of the latest fools not only in yoruba land but also ever seen in this country. Am sure after today this prof. will never be the same. Yes indeed, pray for his quick recovery as prof. Soyinka's condition is fast deteriorating.
speak for yourself. My mother will never be a source of sorrow to anyone. BTW, it seems caution and insult are now synonymous on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 13, 2013
The life of WS does not stop to amaze me. Looking at his pictures when he was young, especially the one in which he played the role of a magician, makes me wonder at how this "boy" has grown to be 79.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by coogar: 4:34pm On Jul 13, 2013
sheniqua: For his disrespect to Chinua Achebe and his latest outburst on the First Lady I hope he becomes wiser real soon.
He should learn some respect for women because obviously he has none ,the reason he is now on to his third wife.
Finally ,I hope he gives his life to Christ soon and dumps his Idols

I used to respect him a great deal,not anymore.
He has become worse than a market woman

Hopefully he can write a book that will sell More than Chimamanda Adichie's

hopefully, chimamanda would win a nobel prize in her lifetime.

2 Likes

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by greatgilbert: 4:36pm On Jul 13, 2013
This man has been a Nigerian Government Contractor even before independence

This man has ALL his children as permanent Aso Rock Staff

This man founded Sea-dog Pirates and 1ST EVER CULT in Nigerian Universities

This man owns SAHARA-REPORTERS

This man does not 'eat' from his so called Noble Laureat but from Nijja cake

This man ran Federal Road Safety Commission ever since

Is this man now working for Amaechi

1 Like

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by ifihearam: 4:37pm On Jul 13, 2013
Garri the 1st: HBD Prof!!!

Unlike the old fool called E.K. Clark who talks like an old fool (in a bid to mislead the retardeen) you've always stood for fairness and justice..

cool

This is why i dislike some of the moderators in nairaland for their biased nature.
If a small boy like this foolish poster can call someone who is older and better than his poor father "old fool" yet if someone like me who is well brought up and understands what "respect for elders"means irrespective of our political differences insults his father i will be banned for no just reason.

Wekl at least E.K Clark did not set up the platform for the incessant killing in the country today by cult groups,he is not a founding member of any demonic group which has metamorphosed into every day killings in our universities today.

SMH @gullible nigerians

1 Like

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by comrChris(m): 4:49pm On Jul 13, 2013
lmmaturity s a disease,yoruba pple shud knw hw 2dress issues on board n stop empty chest beating dats leading dem 2no where.,.,hbd prof.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by dabrake(m): 4:52pm On Jul 13, 2013
Sciencs: HBD sir..LLNP...........................Now 2d recent news of 2day wic I believe is responsible 4d ill-manner of msgs attached 2d prof b'day celebration, I dnt tink wole soyinka's swipe @ d first lady is too harsh, she deserves it. Her excesses is TOO much...wheneva I see some pple's coment here, atimes I fil bewilder, askin mysef if de read n apply sense in2 d gross tyranny bin practice by d 1st lady. I don't nid 2b in rivers state physically 2knw precisely wat is goin on and neither do d prof av 2b there...nigerians r nt dumb, we read news online, read news on paper, watch news on tv, each givin us concise information on wats happenin and each keepin us posted on d rate at wic a civilian like u n I who's office is nt recognise constitutionally is goin abt steppin on pple's right jst because she's fortunate 2b d 1st lady. Cant we jst be honest 4 once in our lives n accept d truthfullness of d fact dat dis woman is a tyrant??. Jst because she's in town, a road tru wic d Governor n his commissioners normally pass-by was blocked...all d commissioners dat passed dat route had no choice dan 2cum down trek 2 dia destination, dis same bizzare tyranny was extended 2d Governor as well b4 he finally stressed out his frustration..pls be honest, how wud u fil if u'r one of d commissioners or even d Governor?. In addition, a man who was supose 2b in church 4 his weddin was locked up for 4days because he embarked on followin dat same route dat was completely seized by dis same woman jst because she was in town, whereas there's no oda route leadin 2d event of d weddin program. Pls b4 man n God, wat do u call dat if nt TYRANNY?. Lastly, d 5 foolish members who I tink skipped all dia mathematics class in dia school days by forgetin dat 5 can neva out-beat 27 oda members were found 2geda wit d 1st lady @ a weddin "dinnin 2geda", I maybe wrong abt wat de were discussin, bt is it nt obvious she "may" be d instigator of wat led 2d clash of dis 5members against 27 oda members?. If wole soyinka deem it fit 2 take a swipe @her, den he's nt far from d reality of wats on ground....besides he supported d idea of her perm second appointment, by claimin he sees nothin wrong in it if she deserves it even wen d appointment was generatin a lot of ugly controversies...so y shud he be attack dis time?. My fellow nigerians let's be honest in all we do, dis woman mis-use power a lot and nids 2b caution...I'm a southerner, enough of dis she's-our-daughter's mentality. Let's be truthful....God bless nigeria!
9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 'LIKES'. Thanks for the rare display of wisdom on this thread. Leave the fool-ionaire and the rest of his attention seeking mediocres.

1 Like

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by dabrake(m): 4:58pm On Jul 13, 2013
coogar:

hopefully, chimamanda would win a nobel prize in her lifetime.
imagine dude placing prof WS and adichie together? Just like comparing the brazillian pele to the ghanaian pele
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by coogar: 5:04pm On Jul 13, 2013
dabrake: imagine dude placing prof WS and adichie together? Just like comparing the brazillian pele to the ghanaian pele

she's on a wind up......
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Ayoobscom(m): 5:11pm On Jul 13, 2013
HBD sir...would you lend me your pen for a night?
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Idriswhite(m): 5:32pm On Jul 13, 2013
comrChris: lmmaturity s a disease,yoruba pple shud knw hw 2dress issues on board n stop empty chest beating dats leading dem 2no where.,.,hbd prof.

is that an advise for the Yorubas or an insult? Were you not taught how to talk in public? Articulating a flaw to a tribe is wrong. Wise up man...
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Ebiolorundele(m): 5:56pm On Jul 13, 2013
H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y Sir. May u live long in sound health
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 13, 2013
Happy birthday Sir. You may be getting old but your voice is always fresh, unautotune and echoing.

I wish there's more of your kind in that hell pot of a country.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by osymary: 6:25pm On Jul 13, 2013
a literary giant,an examplary icon, a commander of english language. ur a rare gem
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by lee007(m): 6:37pm On Jul 13, 2013
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE MOST CELEBRATED YORUBA MAN AND UNFORTUNATELY A NIGERIAN CURRENTLY ALIVE! YOU HAVE INDEED BEING A GREAT INSPIRATION TO MANY PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD NOT ONLY BECAUSE OF YOUR LITERARY PROWESS, BUT FOR YOUR CONTINUOUS STAND WITH THE TRUTH AND JUSTICE IN THIS FRAGMENTED GEOGRAPHICAL DEFINITION NICKNAMED NIGERIA.

SADLY THESE BREED OF YOUNG NIGERIANS CANNOT COMPREHEND THE IMPORTANCE OF YOUR PERSONALITY, EVEN WHEN YOU ARE RISKING YOUR LIFE FOR THEIR UNBORN CHILDREN, MAYBE THAT'S A BORDEN YOU WERE BORN TO BEAR SIR!

THE GREAT LITERARY IROKO, THAT LION THAT DEVOURS WITH WORDS, THE TEACHER OF WORDSMITHS, THE ONLY NOBEL PRICE WINNER IN NIGERIA, CONTINUE TO SHINE ON, MANY MORE YEARS SIR, MAY YOU NEVER BE MAROONED ON THE ISLAND OF IGNORANCE......AHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

1 Like

Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by bestview: 6:42pm On Jul 13, 2013
Was it not the same Soyenka that introduced cultism in our universities? grin
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by Remii(m): 6:53pm On Jul 13, 2013
Happy birthday Prof, the man who teaches Englishman English in Englishland.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by juman(m): 7:05pm On Jul 13, 2013
Happy Birthday to Prof.
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by hpk(m): 7:29pm On Jul 13, 2013
bcomputer101: Happy birthday!
Ahoy Wole Soyinka

Welcome on board as you start another progressive year.

S.O
Hehehehehehe cheesy
Re: Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka by duni04(m): 7:29pm On Jul 13, 2013
Billionaires: Wole is a nobel laurete in Literature and has written many books but how can such an 'educated' man worships Sango, one of the local illiterate yoruba gods that exists only in mythology. The f00l says in his heart that there is no God, could it be that our Prof is a f00l ? Na question I dey ask oh/
Guy you've been at this thing since and on almost every thread. It wouldn't shock me if I found out you're from the SS or SE. U guys from these regions are hardly objective and incapable of common sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kaduna, Chinese Firm Sign Pact For New Kaduna Refinery / Nejeeb Bello Oyarese For Edo North Senatorial District 2019 / Revealed: NPA Awards N717 Billion Dredging Contract To Banned Cypriot Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.