Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,529 members, 7,978,745 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 01:29 PM

Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? (31389 Views)

The Queens And Kings Of Nigerian TV Soap Operas ( Photos ) / Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? / Best Male/Female Newscasters/Presenters on Nigerian TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Jglad(f): 8:53am On Jul 18, 2013
U all re talkin abt patronizing Cable channels. Mayb u can tel d govt 2 make it free 4 all masses, if nt den u can start appreciatin d little quality dat local stations av 2 offer,do u pay dem?.. I neva chop,i go cum carry money go give Dstv.. I tink i can do beta... I dnt av any complain,dey complement 1 anoda
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Afam4eva(m): 8:54am On Jul 18, 2013
The WORST TV station has to be..

..wait fot it..

Nigerian Television Authority(NTA): Everything is wrong with this station. From their graphics that has not left the end of the civil war to their veteran(i don't mean this in a good way) presenters to their lack of interesting programmes. I think NTA is meant for those that were born before Nigeria gained independence cos i don't see what will attract a young mind to watch that station except you're ready to meet the lord. Whenever i try to watch that station, it's like i'm in Guru maharaji cult.

The second set of WORST TV stations belong to Galaxy and MITV: These are the stations i classify as TOY stations. I wonder if they're owned by 10 year olds who created something they can play with. These people have no sequence of programmes. They just show anything they like depending on their mood. DOn't ever trust them to finish showing that interesting program that they cut to show the news. They should also endeavor to apply good makeup on their presenters. Sometimes, Galaxy presenters don't take their bath or rub cream before coming to give us news. These stations are pathetic.

Finally, i think those state owned stations, whether Abia TV, because, OGTV, RSTV, EBS etc are disgrace to mankind. I don't see the use of states having TV stations that don't add anything to the state.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Afam4eva(m): 8:55am On Jul 18, 2013
speedyboi: It has to be Channels, then silverbird. NTA too.

Why? Their picture quality is so so poor.
And for a person like me; once the picture is not clear, I'm not interested in anything they wanna communicate.

NTA has improved in picture quality anyway (not excellent), but still lacks good programmes.
This problem only exists when you're watching these stations on DSTV or other satellite cables. Channels and STV are clear when watching them in terrestrial television.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by samcarlos: 8:55am On Jul 18, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Channels n STV's picture quality is poor? Dude what tv do you use??
It's true... Except u work with them, no Defence bro!
No matter the screen
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by LarrySogo(m): 8:57am On Jul 18, 2013
NTA is not even the worst but it's as useless as the owners. Federal Government
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by toskut(m): 8:58am On Jul 18, 2013
MBI
MITV
NTA
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by godwinony(m): 9:06am On Jul 18, 2013
sapien: In Port Harcourt, it's Rivers state television- The clueless Tv station advertises burial and missing children for 6hours everday.

In Lagos, it's Mitv- So dry and boring; broadcasts all programmes from Etv on Dstv.
All i have to do to scare my young ones is just tune in to rstv at night when they show obituaries..jeez, talk about the picture quality.
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Ikenna94: 9:07am On Jul 18, 2013
Mitv is the worst station on earth, aside from the poor picture quality dey lack quality programs
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by azeezlabi: 9:09am On Jul 18, 2013
NTA
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Freeman624: 9:09am On Jul 18, 2013
ITV (Independent Television) in Benin, Edo state. It's d worst private TV station in sub sahara Africa. In fact, it's a community TV station. It's either they sing praises of the owner (Igbinedion) or they are biased in their news. They can Lie! Jeez!! If U depend on them 4 news, u are mis-informed already.

EBS (Edo Broadcasting Service). Ah! It's really bad. They even have native doctors as presenters and newscasters.

Channels TV and TVC still remains d best in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by olupatito(f): 9:14am On Jul 18, 2013
Galaxy and NTA 10
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 18, 2013
Aha,delta rainbow is d winner,ask deltanz nd dey wil tel u!!!aba,countless numbas of obituaries nd ceremony advertz,not a station at all-''@drtv..wer ar d deltans nah??
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by nancyberry(f): 9:18am On Jul 18, 2013
EBS
EBS
EBS............(edo brodcasting service),things have changed,many stations have upgraded to better programming,EBS,still remains the same,the old,boring and useless programs are what they keep showing,poor photo quality,bad signal,no good audio covrage,yet edo state government keep pumping in money to ran the place,yet its still a disaster....i pray they get wise and upgrade for the better
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by ruffneck(m): 9:18am On Jul 18, 2013
NTA onisha
ABS onitsha
DBS Asaba
Ha nile bu ndi ara!!nonsense....
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by ademiller(f): 9:19am On Jul 18, 2013
190: what the hell is AIT and NTA or siliver bird

here in america where i live we ent got stations like that

we got channel 7, amc's, maraton, CNN cable news network

goosh Nigerian's y'all should revolt and burn your stations or better still come to america
what u feeling like? America ma black ass mtchewwwwwwW

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by LeStylo: 9:19am On Jul 18, 2013
190:

uhmm i work duh!

here in america where i live,
kids got jobs from age 5 undecided
I just love 190! grin
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Longeria(m): 9:21am On Jul 18, 2013
190:

dont be silly brof

im based in south carolina

what about u undecided
you must be writing from jail. Thunder fire you.
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by micki83(m): 9:21am On Jul 18, 2013
NTA!
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Oospi(m): 9:22am On Jul 18, 2013
NTA

NTA Aba

NTA Sports 24
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by striker9(m): 9:27am On Jul 18, 2013
The worst tv station in 9ja is EKTV,Ekiti State.
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Kenny4lyfe(m): 9:28am On Jul 18, 2013
Okija_juju: NTA and all it's smaller units Nationwide.. To think that after the government pumped so much money into them, upgrading g their facilities from analogue to digital, they still have poor picture quality, poor programming, poor presenters, poor coverage and poor network coverage..

NTA can't even broadcast matches played in their stations let alone on the Nation. During Nigeria 99, foreign TV stations had better coverage of matches compared to NTA which was the host broadcaster and had priority rights.

Also.. All state owned TV stations as well.. They are all utterly useless.. angry a waste of public funds.

In summary, the government should sell off these stations and focus on other things..
O mehn you should visit Bayelsa and watch NTA Yenagoa sometimes, chai... Cardboard and plywood don replace graphics plus their building be like bungalow lolz! NDTV is still new sha I can't say much about them for now except for those annoying Tradomedical Adverts phewww! grin grin grin
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Benspoon(m): 9:30am On Jul 18, 2013
NTA oooo both local n international sometimes they jst lack good programes..
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by maskid(m): 9:33am On Jul 18, 2013
speedyboi:

Yes, they are. Almost all Nigerian local TV stations lack good picture quality except AIT!

I use LED TV.

i think u have ASTIGMATISM
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by MizSammy(f): 9:34am On Jul 18, 2013
Freeman624: ITV (Independent Television) in Benin, Edo state. It's d worst private TV station in sub sahara Africa. In fact, it's a community TV station. It's either they sing praises of the owner (Igbinedion) or they are biased in their news. They can Lie! Jeez!! If U depend on them 4 news, u are mis-informed already.

EBS (Edo Broadcasting Service). Ah! It's really bad. They even have native doctors as presenters and newscasters.

Channels TV and TVC still remains d best in Nigeria.
August is almost here Igbinedions praises is soon to be amplified. Rubbish
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Gwekzy: 9:36am On Jul 18, 2013
190: what the hell is AIT and NTA or siliver bird

here in america where i live we ent got stations like that

we got channel 7, amc's, maraton, CNN cable news network

goosh Nigerian's y'all should revolt and burn your stations or better still come to america
we all know U a Fool U shldnt flaunt it no more...
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by papi365: 9:39am On Jul 18, 2013
wheesin: Kwara TV....lame and locallllll
HAA DAT ONE NA BOKO T.V
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by oluamid(m): 9:45am On Jul 18, 2013
Godson201333: MITV and LTV lack good programmes anyway im better off to CNN,ZDF,dw and well 9ja gotta tart patronizing cable and ignore local tv stations.

Nah, we ain't gon do that. We are not throwing away †нэ baby with †нэ bath water. Huh huh.
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:46am On Jul 18, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:
O mehn you should visit Bayelsa and watch NTA Yenagoa sometimes, chai... Cardboard and plywood don replace graphics plus their building be like bungalow lolz! NDTV is still new sha I can't say much about them for now except for those annoying Tradomedical Adverts phewww! grin grin grin

People who share fence with RSTV (Rivers State Television) still cant get clear T.V signal even with an external antenna.. grin

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 18, 2013
Mitv,taaah.D worstest of d worstest.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:48am On Jul 18, 2013
oluamid:

Nah, we ain't gon do that. We are not throwing away †нэ baby with †нэ bath water. Huh huh.

If the Baby is a retarded baby, then I'm sorry... That Baby would go first, then the bath water.. angry
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by shadrach77: 9:49am On Jul 18, 2013
a friend of mine went to OSBC AKURE to do his youth service.He was residing in the staff quarters of OSBC, yet his TV could not pick up the signals of OSBC. That tells you which station is the worst in Nigeria. Coming second is NTA Ibadan shocked shocked shocked
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Abbey2sam(m): 9:49am On Jul 18, 2013
@NTA noni !!

Largest TV/worst TV in africa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? / Meet All The Housemates Of Bbnaija All Stars 2023. / BBNaija: "Why Mercy Should Win Big Brother Naija" - Rita Dominic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.