Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,985 members, 7,915,877 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 11:44 AM

Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff (10982 Views)

Diamond Bank 2014 Recruitment. / Diamond Bank Sacks Over 100 Workers / Was Successful In The Owerri Diamond Bank Aptitude Test. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by Adesiji77: 7:09pm On Jul 13, 2013

Diamond Bank has recently concluded its Annual Performance Review exercise and upgraded certain staff. This is in line with global best practices where companies or institutions intermittently review their human resource talent as a means of achieving their corporate growth agenda.

According to Ayona Trimnell, Head, Corporate Communications, Diamond Bank PLC, “The recent performance review is an annual exercise for us in Diamond as we seek to continuously recognize and reward members of staff who have excelled. We believe that a Bank’s performance is linked to the quality of the staff it retains. As such, we have promoted over 650 staff members who have excelled in their performance as well as disengage 61 members of staff who performed poorly in the last financial year.”

The statement also indicates that the performance review exercise is hinged on the Bank’s Enterprise Assessment Framework called the Balanced Score Card. The framework spells out carefully itemized parameters with which members of staff are measured and these parameters are communicated to all staff at the beginning of each financial year.

With well over 1,600 new recruits in the last financial year, of which 1,352 are fresh graduates from reputable universities around the country, Diamond Bank is the largest employer of talent in the Nigerian banking industry. The bank boasts of a robust personnel engagement strategy that helps it to continually attract and retain the best talent in the industry. This is in fulfillment of its corporate vision of becoming a leading financial institution, with the best people, providing unequalled customer experience and delivering superior shareholder value.

http://businessdaynigeria.com/diamond-upgrades-staff-status
Re: Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by Bluekapon(m): 6:29am On Jul 14, 2013
Does anyone know what these parameters are?
Re: Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:34pm On Jul 18, 2013
Okay.
Re: Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by Temismith(f): 2:37pm On Jul 18, 2013
Ok
Re: Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by toprealman: 2:38pm On Jul 18, 2013
Coding tinz.
Re: Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 18, 2013
By underperformance they mean those who didn't meet their target right?

2 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by hrykanu231(m): 2:40pm On Jul 18, 2013
Ok we don hear...5th position, small small we go catch monkey @ 1st position tynz

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by Geeeee3: 2:44pm On Jul 18, 2013
hardwrk should be rewarded. I hope there was no magu magu and some good staff without godfathers got victimized sha?
Re: Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by xynerise: 2:49pm On Jul 18, 2013
Majority of those sacked were marketers.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by HAH: 2:49pm On Jul 18, 2013
What parameter apart from deposit mobilization ?

I pity bank marketer. Thank God I have liberated myself , now they are all over me asking for accounts from a business I started of which my former colleagues were yabbing me.

Banking is good for a fresh graduate, cos you will get the some good training and some life start ups like,wife,car, house and even get some capital for start ups. But when you are approaching your mid thirties and have not passed DM then you should know that you are far behind.

Mind you in every organisation foot soldiers are needed more hence the employment of more fresh graduates , so if you are in middle management and not in favour of those ogas on top please start thinking of business or government work.

6 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 18, 2013
Make i go browse jor
Re: Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by philip0906(m): 3:04pm On Jul 18, 2013
Hehehehe. . . grin grin grin
Re: Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by ucheokpara100(m): 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2013
if u marry a female bank marketer my dear ur own don finish.
Re: Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by mikymouse1(m): 3:18pm On Jul 18, 2013
The article is so correct. 59 staff laid off, 677 promoted, fair enough!
Re: Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by supaeagles(m): 3:19pm On Jul 18, 2013
It's only business, nothing personal. The banking industry is a competitive and agressively results oriented environment worldwide.
Re: Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by netbrilliance(m): 3:20pm On Jul 18, 2013
I Read this yesterday on whatshot.com.ng and i think its a good move from a bank who has a dream of expanding globally.
Re: Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by sureway1(m): 3:22pm On Jul 18, 2013
This is one of the reasons l advice graduates to stop their quest for looking for job.(most of this sackd workers av nt learnt their lesson,nxt agenda is to start looking for anoda job.)4gudnez sake you are a qualify manager..you can start small...
Re: Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by Omen100(m): 3:23pm On Jul 18, 2013
And they also employed soldiers to stand guard at each of their branches starting from the Adeola Odeku branch Victoria Island, Lagos.
Re: Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by emekatimsu(m): 3:33pm On Jul 18, 2013
Diamondbank is really trying in the aspect of absorbing fresh graduates. In my last count i have about 7 good friends of mine recruited by this bank within the past two years.
If other financial institutions and organizations should emulate them, believe me, naija youths will have something to look up to immediately after there NYSC passing out.
Re: Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by Inoknowbook: 4:13pm On Jul 18, 2013
You don sack those wey no fit do ashawo well well, then come promote those ones wey dey doam well well.
Re: Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by louken(m): 5:01pm On Jul 18, 2013
uche okpara 100: if u marry a female bank marketer my dear ur own don finish.
state your reasons Sir.
Re: Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by MAYOWAAK: 5:02pm On Jul 18, 2013
I hear everyone singing in one avalanche 'do your own thing' 'fire your boss' 'start your own business' and all the sweet motivational talks here and there...

While I agree this is a sound message to preach, I also want to help you balance the sermon. Kindly note that you don't own your own business because you failed at your profession or because you failed at school and simply because you cannot humble yourself in submission to the structured authority of a workplace.

Please count your cost before you jump into 'doing your thing', this is not to discourage you but to prepare you for the life ahead. I have two businesses and I can tell that your KPIs as an entrepreneur are way higher than those of an employee... don't get into it, if you are not ready to give it all it takes to succeed

And for those who have become too proud to return to paid employment having failed woefully as an entrepreneur, here's my advice, humble yourself, take a paid job, learn the ropes, get all the knowledge and experience you need and come back to 'doing your own thing' when you are ripe for it..... don't go before your time

I could get nailed for this unpopular message of mine, but I have just poured out my mind to you and trust me, this is not for everyone but I am certain it is for someone

By:Faseesin Babatunde

9 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by stonemind(f): 5:41pm On Jul 18, 2013
reserved
Re: Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by oche419: 5:48pm On Jul 18, 2013
MAYOWAAK: I hear everyone singing in one avalanche 'do your own thing' 'fire your boss' 'start your own business' and all the sweet motivational talks here and there...

While I agree this is a sound message to preach, I also want to help you balance the sermon. Kindly note that you don't own your own business because you failed at your profession or because you failed at school and simply because you cannot humble yourself in submission to the structured authority of a workplace.

Please count your cost before you jump into 'doing your thing', this is not to discourage you but to prepare you for the life ahead. I have two businesses and I can tell that your KPIs as an entrepreneur are way higher than those of an employee... don't get into it, if you are not ready to give it all it takes to succeed

And for those who have become too proud to return to paid employment having failed woefully as an entrepreneur, here's my advice, humble yourself, take a paid job, learn the ropes, get all the knowledge and experience you need and come back to 'doing your own thing' when you are ripe for it..... don't go before your time

I could get nailed for this unpopular message of mine, but I have just poured out my mind to you and trust me, this is not for everyone but I am certain it is for someone

By:Faseesin Babatunde
GBAM! U HAVE NAILED IT. QED!
Re: Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by Walert(m): 6:10pm On Jul 18, 2013
miky_mouse: The article is so correct. 59 staff laid off, 677 promoted, fair enough!
What is fair there?You better start looking for another job if u r a banker.
Re: Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by Tinyemeka(m): 7:36pm On Jul 18, 2013
smiley They do their half-yearly appraisal and announce it via the press. Very funny.
Re: Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 18, 2013
Survival of the rugged.
Re: Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by sanandreas(m): 9:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
Private sector job. You are hired and fired @ any time.
Re: Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by mrkels(m): 10:26pm On Jul 18, 2013
Absolutely correct, its all smiles from the people promoted . You could see it in their eyes ...
Re: Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by oluwacjay: 6:29am On Jul 19, 2013
ANimal talk don start again.... Dese is d pattern dese bannks ar usin dese days 2 lay off staff, employ more fresh gra wit lean salary, sack dem wen dey grow in d org, because deir pay packages nw bcom costly. Dese bank heads ar all part of d corrupt system in nig. If all d bank MDs decided dat d govt must create enablin biz envir, pple wld chase bankers wit money. D economy is poor, pple are sufferin, yet u're expctd 2 meet target. D pple who voluntarily resign due to d system, is more dan dose dey sack.
Re: Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by rockcitie: 9:43am On Jul 19, 2013
Did they actually promote up to 650 staff? I very much doubt it!
Re: Diamond Bank Upgrades Hardworking Staff & Sacks Non-performing Staff by Adesiji77: 9:32am On Jul 20, 2013
rockcitie: Did they actually promote up to 650 staff? I very much doubt it!

Believe it cos its true!

(1) (Reply)

Advice Me On Peopleplus Zenith Bank Recruitment / Access Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment / Prophesy To All Job Seekers On NAIRALAND!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.