Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,742 members, 7,885,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 06:36 PM

Thousands Of Ex-govt Officials Surrender To Buhari's Anti-corruption Probe-1984 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thousands Of Ex-govt Officials Surrender To Buhari's Anti-corruption Probe-1984 (996 Views)

Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari / Corruption Probe: GEJ In Secret Meeting With PMB - Sahara Reporters / No Ex-govt Official Should Leave Nigeria After May 29 – Yayale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thousands Of Ex-govt Officials Surrender To Buhari's Anti-corruption Probe-1984 by Nobody: 4:51am On Jul 14, 2013
[size=18pt]10th January 1984 - The NY Times
4,000 EX-GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS SURRENDER TO BUHARI'S ANTI-CORRUPTION PROBE[/size]

Western diplomats reported today that as many as 4,000 officials of the ousted national and state governments had turned themselves in to the police as part of the new military Government's investigation of corruption. The diplomats said most of the former officials were released, some after their passports were confiscated. But about 400 were reportedly still held under what was described as ''military protection.''

At the same time, the Western diplomats and Nigerian sources said, many of the former officials who were on what the military Government of Maj. Gen. Mohammed Buhari called its ''most wanted list'' have managed to flee the country. Some who were abroad during the military takeover have decided to remain there.

[size=18pt]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-693700.64.html[/size]
Re: Thousands Of Ex-govt Officials Surrender To Buhari's Anti-corruption Probe-1984 by naptu2: 6:02am On Jul 14, 2013
Re: Thousands Of Ex-govt Officials Surrender To Buhari's Anti-corruption Probe-1984 by Nobody: 6:12am On Jul 14, 2013
Buhari attention is urgently needed again. We cannot continue with this train wreck of a president and co-president of a wife from Okrika.

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Ex-govt Officials Surrender To Buhari's Anti-corruption Probe-1984 by deijhi(m): 6:19am On Jul 14, 2013
The biggest problem of Nigeria is corruption && this cannot be solved by the reactionary fold && clueless set of presidents produced by pdp... We nned someone who can look evil in the eye && deal with it. Corruption has eaten deep to the extent that there is no working sector in the country..... We need GMB once again to set dis country on track.

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Ex-govt Officials Surrender To Buhari's Anti-corruption Probe-1984 by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 14, 2013
The elites have the fear Buhari will be asking them to return looted funds. Buhari is coming with vengeance. Thieves beware!

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Ex-govt Officials Surrender To Buhari's Anti-corruption Probe-1984 by thoth: 7:10am On Jul 14, 2013
This is the reason why they will fight till death to make sure he does not become a president. In a country as corrupt as Nigeria, the election can never be fair. All those banks,Drug dealers, Oil companies and vampires that Buhari dealt with will never be alive to see it happen.

However i think Buhari is wasting his time trying to get Elected.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Ex-govt Officials Surrender To Buhari's Anti-corruption Probe-1984 by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 14, 2013
So what is would be the alternative?
thoth: This is the reason why they will fight till death to make sure he does not become a president. In a country as corrupt as Nigeria, the election can never be fair. All those banks,Drug dealers, Oil companies and vampires that Buhari dealt with will never be alive to see it happen.

However i think Buhari is wasting his time trying to get Elected.
Re: Thousands Of Ex-govt Officials Surrender To Buhari's Anti-corruption Probe-1984 by thoth: 1:01pm On Jul 14, 2013
GenBuhari: So what is would be the alternative?
People have to go on the streets after the election, mostly on the south and south east. that is the only way. that means people had to be enlightened about this man and what he represents.
Buhari himself is not helping matters, all his life he only had plans for the north, ideas for the north, policies for the north, developments plans for the north. I do understand that some regions can do well on their own if things clear up in the country but the man has to understand that democracy is a numbers game. if he chooses to stay put then these lying media and their friends will paint him black everywhere else.
Re: Thousands Of Ex-govt Officials Surrender To Buhari's Anti-corruption Probe-1984 by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 15, 2013
But last time Buhari supporters went on the streets to protest rigged elections our corrupt press presented it as tribal protest against a president from the south. undecided

Perhaps organised peaceful protests should be planned in advance and be carried out in the event of rigged elections undecided
thoth:
People have to go on the streets after the election, mostly on the south and south east. that is the only way. that means people had to be enlightened about this man and what he represents.
Buhari himself is not helping matters, all his life he only had plans for the north, ideas for the north, policies for the north, developments plans for the north. I do understand that some regions can do well on their own if things clear up in the country but the man has to understand that democracy is a numbers game. if he chooses to stay put then these lying media and their friends will paint him black everywhere else.
Re: Thousands Of Ex-govt Officials Surrender To Buhari's Anti-corruption Probe-1984 by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 15, 2013
Buhari was a gun totting army officer whose imaginations is the law.
So he back dated a law just to kill.

People like Ekwueme were kept in prison for long only to be released later because they were not guilty.
Buhari could do such only as an illegal military tyrant head of state.

He cant do that now!
There are laws that must be obeyed.
You cant arrest people and jail them without evidence.

In the court of public opinion, IBB stole, Abdusalami stole and OBJ stole:
Yet, is there evidence against them?

It is only kids that would think that Buhari will just wake up one morning and arrest OBJ and jail him.

You guys should wake up from your dreams, because Buhari will not rule thius country again.
Re: Thousands Of Ex-govt Officials Surrender To Buhari's Anti-corruption Probe-1984 by Maidoki14(m): 10:44am On Jul 15, 2013
Sai buhari insha allah 2015
Re: Thousands Of Ex-govt Officials Surrender To Buhari's Anti-corruption Probe-1984 by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 15, 2013
@noblezone,
The way things are going, very soon there may not be a country left for anybody to rule undecided

Nigerian youths cannot seem to wake from their coma to save their inheritance and country from destruction.
Re: Thousands Of Ex-govt Officials Surrender To Buhari's Anti-corruption Probe-1984 by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 15, 2013
GenBuhari: @noblezone,
The way things are going, very soon there may not be a country left for anybody to rule undecided

Nigerian youths cannot seem to wake from their coma to save their inheritance and country from destruction.
Honestly, you spoke the truth!
Re: Thousands Of Ex-govt Officials Surrender To Buhari's Anti-corruption Probe-1984 by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 15, 2013
GenBuhari: @noblezone,

The major problem is this:
There is nothing like Nigerian youths!

WE have arewa youths, odua youths, Ijaw youths, middle belt youths, igbo youths!
All these have different ideologies and different pursuits.

Yes, you are right! There may not be a country called Nigeria like it is now for anybody to rule!
The sooner we understand this, the better.
Re: Thousands Of Ex-govt Officials Surrender To Buhari's Anti-corruption Probe-1984 by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 15, 2013
Buhari would easily win a free and fair election
Re: Thousands Of Ex-govt Officials Surrender To Buhari's Anti-corruption Probe-1984 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 15, 2013
GenBuhari: Buhari would easily win a free and fair election

Bros, stop living in self delusion!
Buhari will get scanty votes in the South South and the South East.
You don't have enough Northerners down here like you have Southerners in the North to make any impact!
The atrocities of the Fulani herdsmen in the middle belt has made the folks living there to look for fellowship towards the southern pole!

In the North, you have enough population of Southern Nigerians to make significant outing against Buhari.

Mind, you stigma of his biased analysis of National problems still follows him.
When he was comparing Boko Haram with Niger Delta militants, he forgot that

1. Niger Delta militants took arms to agitate for the proceeds from oil, while Boko Haram took up arms to agitate for total Islamisation of Nigeria.
2. Before amnesty was granted to the Niger Deltans, there was already a war going on. The federal government led by OBJ had send troops to wipe out the militants. They were still fighting before amnesty was offered.
3. Amnesty was offered to Niger Deltans, they accepted, it was offered to Boko Haram, it was rejected.

Buhari is a sectional leader who is salable only the North (some parts of the North to be more correct).
Let APC field him in 2015 and watch what will happen.

Only if southerners (esp. Igbos) living in the North will be wise enough to leave the city of blood before the elections!
Re: Thousands Of Ex-govt Officials Surrender To Buhari's Anti-corruption Probe-1984 by Nobody: 12:58am On Jul 16, 2013
Wishful thinking.
Buhari is the only politician in Nigeria with genuine popularity.

Forget all your PDP and 40 Laptop propaganda and lies, the fact remains that Buhari would defeat any opponent in a free and fair election.

You should stop assuming Nigerians only vote along tribal lines. The Nigerian electorate is more sophisticated than that.
noblezone:

Bros, stop living in self delusion!
Buhari will get scanty votes in the South South and the South East.
You don't have enough Northerners down here like you have Southerners in the North to make any impact!
The atrocities of the Fulani herdsmen in the middle belt has made the folks living there to look for fellowship towards the southern pole!

In the North, you have enough population of Southern Nigerians to make significant outing against Buhari.

Mind, you stigma of his biased analysis of National problems still follows him.
When he was comparing Boko Haram with Niger Delta militants, he forgot that

1. Niger Delta militants took arms to agitate for the proceeds from oil, while Boko Haram took up arms to agitate for total Islamisation of Nigeria.
2. Before amnesty was granted to the Niger Deltans, there was already a war going on. The federal government led by OBJ had send troops to wipe out the militants. They were still fighting before amnesty was offered.
3. Amnesty was offered to Niger Deltans, they accepted, it was offered to Boko Haram, it was rejected.

Buhari is a sectional leader who is salable only the North (some parts of the North to be more correct).
Let APC field him in 2015 and watch what will happen.

Only if southerners (esp. Igbos) living in the North will be wise enough to leave the city of blood before the elections!
Re: Thousands Of Ex-govt Officials Surrender To Buhari's Anti-corruption Probe-1984 by thoth: 10:28am On Jul 16, 2013
GenBuhari: But last time Buhari supporters went on the streets to protest rigged elections our corrupt press presented it as tribal protest against a president from the south. undecided

Perhaps organised peaceful protests should be planned in advance and be carried out in the event of rigged elections undecided

That is why i mentioned enlightening people from the southeast and south west, if the demonstration constitute only people from the north it will be termed sectarian and will be easy to quell on that premise, if the demonstration come from the three regions, there will be hardly any excuse to disperse it, the regime will be forced(if they are stupid) to use violence in the dispersion and that would make them illegitimate and provide a reason to mount pressure. if they ignore the demonstration(as their foreign advisers would advice) they would have a civilian crisis at their hands .if the youths can continue going with it(which i doubt they will), they might finally achieve something though not necessary having Buhari installed.
However it is important to make a point,
Movements of such capacity can never be achieved unless there is a nationwide enlightenment.
The whole region must contribute towards the demonstration and must stand on one idea.

now these two points above is what i think Buhari does not think about, i think if he really cares about the country the way he speaks he should try to work with other people.
Re: Thousands Of Ex-govt Officials Surrender To Buhari's Anti-corruption Probe-1984 by Super1759: 10:35am On Jul 16, 2013
GenBuhari: But last time Buhari supporters went on the streets to protest rigged elections our corrupt press presented it as tribal protest against a president from the south. undecided

my friend give facts, in the north, election was rigged to buhari's favour, my friends, corpers were forced to, and in my unit, nothing like rigging! Stop lying joor
Re: Thousands Of Ex-govt Officials Surrender To Buhari's Anti-corruption Probe-1984 by Super1759: 10:37am On Jul 16, 2013
GenBuhari: Wishful thinking.

Forget all your PDP and 40 Laptop propaganda and lies, the fact remains that Buhari would defeat any opponent in a free and fair election.

You should stop assuming Nigerians only vote along tribal lines. The Nigerian electorate is more sophisticated than that.
free and fair? So the last election was free and fair? So why didn't buhari go to court?
Re: Thousands Of Ex-govt Officials Surrender To Buhari's Anti-corruption Probe-1984 by Nobody: 1:25am On Jul 17, 2013
He did go to court - as the elections were not free and fair.
Super1759: free and fair? So the last election was free and fair? So why didn't buhari go to court?

Think logically why would Buhari bother rigging the North where he has total popularity?
Super1759: my friend give facts, in the north, election was rigged to buhari's favour, my friends, corpers were forced to, and in my unit, nothing like rigging! Stop lying joor
Re: Thousands Of Ex-govt Officials Surrender To Buhari's Anti-corruption Probe-1984 by Nobody: 2:50am On Jul 17, 2013
I do not think it is about enlightening the South East.

The North rioted because the rigging was more glaringly obvious in the North and less so in the South East.

Our problem is our corrupt press which is working to subdue the masses and make them accept rigged elections by claiming rigged elections were free and fair.

I truely think the fight should be taken to the corrupt press.

Nigeria has got problems oo! undecided
thoth:

That is why i mentioned enlightening people from the southeast and south west, if the demonstration constitute only people from the north it will be termed sectarian and will be easy to quell on that premise, if the demonstration come from the three regions, there will be hardly any excuse to disperse it, the regime will be forced(if they are stupid) to use violence in the dispersion and that would make them illegitimate and provide a reason to mount pressure. if they ignore the demonstration(as their foreign advisers would advice) they would have a civilian crisis at their hands .if the youths can continue going with it(which i doubt they will), they might finally achieve something though not necessary having Buhari installed.
However it is important to make a point,
Movements of such capacity can never be achieved unless there is a nationwide enlightenment.
The whole region must contribute towards the demonstration and must stand on one idea.

now these two points above is what i think Buhari does not think about, i think if he really cares about the country the way he speaks he should try to work with other people.

Re: Thousands Of Ex-govt Officials Surrender To Buhari's Anti-corruption Probe-1984 by thoth: 4:25am On Jul 17, 2013
The North has a reputation and an image which the press uses as tool to promote their dis-information campaign, imagine if Buhari's election was rigged, what options has he? he goes to court and the bribed judges now rules against him.
there are two things people fail to see.

1: Not only Reactionary Nigerians want Buhari to lose, these politicians has little to lose than the multinationals that continuously and blatantly exploit this nation of its wealth, the nations and forces that want this great nation to disintegrate will have a lot to loose, the people whom set up, financed and trained Boko Haram will lose more, the groups which does not want a regional power with resources like Nigeria to influence their neocolonialist machinations like Abacha and Malu did in Liberia and Sierra-Leon will lose more. So they will go to extremes to see that he does not win.

When such a large interest is concentrated on a single outcome I usually lose my trust on the judiciary(judges) of such nations and their pronouncements (Pfizer drug Scandal) and that leads to the second point.

2: On such occasion whereby vested interests can bribe and thereby cripple the judges it becomes even more dangerous to subject ones fate on the outcome of a legal battle, the ruling of a Judge automatically makes any group that opposes it illegal, their actions or reactions towards such unfair rulings a crime, thereby justifying any means violent or deadly with which the Reactionaries chooses to quell it with.
Once the Judge says the Buhari loses, the Movement loses morale, they lose that psychological steam which compels them to move forward, the belief of “doing the right thing” automatically vanishes with such pronouncement. Secondly I noticed that the corrupt press usually attach any damages as a result of such demonstration to Buhari as if he commanded it whence in reality the masses are just venting their anger to the blatant disregard of their worth and right as citizens of the nation.
On this platform the law alone will not suffice. All Tyrants have laws that legitimize their hold on power and their right to defend it.

Enlightenment is the only answer, Buhari should campaign in the south eastern cities and after each campaign enlightened south easterners will strive to educate the people more on the history of the man and his endeavors to achieve the best for all. He should do the same in the south western cities. He has credible evidence to prove his loyalty to the nation unlike others.

Have you noticed that all Nigerian press and media always try to ridicule Buhari and quote him out of context? How then do you think the people will get the truth about him.

GenBuhari: I do not think it is about enlightening the South East.

The North rioted because the rigging was more glaringly obvious in the North and less so in the South East.

Our problem is our corrupt press which is working to subdue the presses and make them accept rigged elections by claiming rigged elections were free and fair.

I truely think the fight should be taken to the corrupt press.

Nigeria has got problems oo! undecided
Re: Thousands Of Ex-govt Officials Surrender To Buhari's Anti-corruption Probe-1984 by birdman(m): 4:34am On Jul 17, 2013
thoth: The North has a reputation and an image which the press uses as tool to promote their dis-information campaign, imagine if Buhari's election was rigged, what options has he? he goes to court and the bribed judges now rules against him.
there are two things people fail to see.

1: Not only Reactionary Nigerians want Buhari to lose, these politicians has little to lose than the multinationals that continuously and blatantly exploit this nation of its wealth, the nations and forces that want this great nation to disintegrate will have a lot to loose, the people whom set up, financed and trained Boko Haram will lose more, the groups which does not want a regional power with resources like Nigeria to influence their neocolonialist machinations like Abacha and Malu did in Liberia and Sierra-Leon will lose more. So they will go to extremes to see that he does not win.

When such a large interest is concentrated on a single outcome I usually lose my trust on the judiciary(judges) of such nations and their pronouncements (Pfizer drug Scandal) and that leads to the second point.

2: On such occasion whereby vested interests can bribe and thereby cripple the judges it becomes even more dangerous to subject ones fate on the outcome of a legal battle, the ruling of a Judge automatically makes any group that opposes it illegal, their actions or reactions towards such unfair rulings a crime, thereby justifying any means violent or deadly with which the Reactionaries chooses to quell it with.
Once the Judge says the Buhari loses, the Movement loses morale, they lose that psychological steam which compels them to move forward, the belief of “doing the right thing” automatically vanishes with such pronouncement. Secondly I noticed that the corrupt press usually attach any damages as a result of such demonstration to Buhari as if he commanded it whence in reality the masses are just venting their anger to the blatant disregard of their worth and right as citizens of the nation.
On this platform the law alone will not suffice. All Tyrants have laws that legitimize their hold on power and their right to defend it.

Enlightenment is the only answer, Buhari should campaign in the south eastern cities and after each campaign enlightened south easterners will strive to educate the people more on the history of the man and his endeavors to achieve the best for all. He should do the same in the south western cities. He has credible evidence to prove his loyalty to the nation unlike others.

Have you noticed that all Nigerian press and media always try to ridicule Buhari and quote him out of context? How then do you think the people will get the truth about him.

Thanks for being honest. He opens the door to this kind of ridicule. I know Buhari is a honest, austere disciplinarian. But this is politics in a democratic state. He needs to open up more - elections are a partly a popularity contest
Re: Thousands Of Ex-govt Officials Surrender To Buhari's Anti-corruption Probe-1984 by Nobody: 5:03am On Jul 17, 2013
You contradicted yourself:
You said he opens the door to this kind of ridicule, then you add he needs to open up more undecided

Did you miss where toth rightly said that Buhari is maliciously quoted out of context by corrupt press in order to discredit him?
birdman:
Thanks for being honest. He opens the door to this kind of ridicule. I know Buhari is a honest, austere disciplinarian. But this is politics in a democratic state. He needs to open up more - elections are a partly a popularity contest
Re: Thousands Of Ex-govt Officials Surrender To Buhari's Anti-corruption Probe-1984 by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 17, 2013
GenBuhari: Wishful thinking.

What are your permutations?
The killing of our people in the North has not helped the North and it will never help the North.
It has further alienated Northerners the more such that any candidate from the North will have to do moe than media stunts to be accepted by the average South Eastern and even South Southern. Buhari has a very poor image and it is too bad that folks like you have closed your eyes against it. Buhari will get scanty votes from the South East and South South.

Bet me, we are already campaigning against him. He belongs to the groupo of rascals who belongs to the dark history of Nigeria.

On party level, the only popular thing about APC down here is Ngige who has some follower-ship, even Okorocha is just a media hype. But you will be surprised that the South East wil;l do what the North did in 2011: vote governors in one party and vote President in another party. APC has no structure in the South South/South East, so it neats my imagination how you think that your wishful thinking can be made reality through the Internet.

We don't have the same dream and ideologies, so you can never have a "popular" candidate the way you are saying it. Buhari is a Northern champion just like the so called founding fathers. Awo was a Yoruba enigma, Zik was an Igbo idol and Saduana was a Hausa/Fulani god.

You stated that Buhari will win any other politician in a free and fair election in Nigeria? Unfortunately, Buhari is not even politician! He is a career soldier and that is why he speaks carelessly forgetting that he is no longer in uniform.

As for calling me # a PDP and 40 Laptop propaganda" or whatever, I don't know if your intention is to insult or provoke. It is you that know exactly what you mean and what you want to achieve. I just want to advice that you can still make your comments and observations without resorting to some e-violence!
Beware of such mentality. That was what caused the killings in North in 2011.
Re: Thousands Of Ex-govt Officials Surrender To Buhari's Anti-corruption Probe-1984 by Nobody: 5:33am On Jul 18, 2013
^
Buhari is the only politician in Nigeria with genuine popularity - FACT.

He would win easily in any free and fair elections - FACT!
Re: Thousands Of Ex-govt Officials Surrender To Buhari's Anti-corruption Probe-1984 by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 05, 2014
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Challenge Accepted... An Igbo Scholar Replies Fani Kayode / David Cameron Humiliated - Britain Newspaper Reaction To His Defeat / I Didn’t Have Intimate R/ship With Bianca Ojukwu, Femi Fani-kayode Retracts Comm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.