Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,705 members, 7,889,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:31 AM

Chances Of Getting A Volunteer Job In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Chances Of Getting A Volunteer Job In Nigeria (1584 Views)

He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears / How To Increase Your Chance Of Getting Desired Job After Graduation / Massive Recruitment at Volunteer Engagement Network-100 positions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chances Of Getting A Volunteer Job In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:32am On Jul 15, 2013
Hey guys, I will be visiting Nigeria next year summer 2014.What is the possibility of getting a volunteer job at a hospital pharmacy in the country? I am a student here in the united states, I also work as pharmacy technician in a retail pharmaceutical store. I just want to contribute to the society and also to know what its feel like working in my country. I would like places like Abuja or portharcourt. I have siblings there that i can stay with so my only problem will be transportation.
Re: Chances Of Getting A Volunteer Job In Nigeria by alezzandra: 8:10am On Jul 15, 2013
Hi
U can ask someone to walk into a general hospital in ur state of choice and find out who u will submit an application to and for d duration. My younger sis just completed her volunteer job at a local government hospital in Lagos state. She volunteered at the heart to
Heart center. She applied to the medical director who notified d hod of her area of interest in her case community health. My sis requested the heart to heart center.
Ur best bet is public hospital. They will love to have u and u will gain lots of experience.

1 Like

Re: Chances Of Getting A Volunteer Job In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 15, 2013
alezzandra: Hi
U can ask someone to walk into a general hospital in ur state of choice and find out who u will submit an application to and for d duration. My younger sis just completed her volunteer job at a local government hospital in Lagos state. She volunteered at the heart to
Heart center. She applied to the medical director who notified d hod of her area of interest in her case community health. My sis requested the heart to heart center.
Ur best bet is public hospital. They will love to have u and u will gain lots of experience.
Oh wow, thanks so much.I guess I will ask my siblings to ask around for me.. Also do they provide ur sister with any form of help like transportation?
Re: Chances Of Getting A Volunteer Job In Nigeria by alezzandra: 10:11am On Jul 16, 2013
No. But I can tell u she gained alot. Transport is N50 from my house to d hospital so it wasn't difficult for her. The staff n hod really appreciated her cos it's not every time they get learned people willing to work for nothing. They were begging her to extend after her 6months but she has to go back to school. She studied biology education at unilag n is going for masters in intl health. So u with ur foreign qualifications in pharmacy it will be a breeze who no like free thing.
So no monetary benefits for my sis but she received all d xmas n eastern stuff. But don't forget u re volunteering.
Re: Chances Of Getting A Volunteer Job In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:57am On Aug 02, 2013
alezzandra: No. But I can tell u she gained alot. Transport is N50 from my house to d hospital so it wasn't difficult for her. The staff n hod really appreciated her cos it's not every time they get learned people willing to work for nothing. They were begging her to extend after her 6months but she has to go back to school. She studied biology education at unilag n is going for masters in intl health. So u with ur foreign qualifications in pharmacy it will be a breeze who no like free thing.
So no monetary benefits for my sis but she received all d xmas n eastern stuff. But don't forget u re volunteering.

Thanks for the information mehn.

(1) (Reply)

Post Akwa Ibom Jobs Here / Lastveb Atp 2014 / Access Bank Recruiting Fresh Grads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.