Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,344 members, 7,888,098 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:12 PM

No Capital To Rent Shop/office? Don't Worry,i Have A Space To Share At... - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / No Capital To Rent Shop/office? Don't Worry,i Have A Space To Share At... (921 Views)

You Too Can Raise A Capital To Start Your Dream Business. / Office Space To Share At Ikota / 16 Businesses Students Can Do On Campus With Little Or No Capital. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

No Capital To Rent Shop/office? Don't Worry,i Have A Space To Share At... by newacca: 4:23pm On Jul 15, 2013
MONEY MAKING BUSINESSES YOU CAN DO WITHOUT SHOP OR OFFICE.

Do you want to make good money and avoid paying extra rent for business space? Yes, you can make meaningful income and become a millionaire in the comfort of your own home.

I have 50+ compiled list of businesses you can start from home, but after reading this post,I bet it you will be inspired to think of more businesses without tip from anyone.

Most of my posts come from personal experience in business. I have never thought of working from home before, but a major change that happened in the capital city of my state forced me to think in that direction. Road expansion project by the state government completely consumed my shop and major part of my office in the same building.

I am not really moved about this development because change is permanent. My concern is about people who might have experienced the same situation, but do not have idea of where and how to continue with their business; and people who want to save cost of renting business space.

If you find yourself in any of the situation or you just want to start a new business, you may consider starting from home, while I highlight 10 of the many money-making businesses you could start without a shop or office:

1) Mini importation:
Buying some fast selling goods in small quantities from abroad and selling it to retailers and end-users here in Nigeria is a very lucrative business that gives meaningful income.

Phones and technology gadgets, clothing apparel & accessories, Kitchen utensils, sporting equipment etc. are example of goods you can import from abroad. There are a lot of online stores and B2B market places you can reach on the internet without travelling abroad, where you can get sellers of these goods. If you have sealed price deal and payment mode, some of them ship directly to Nigeria by charging shipping fee, while some ship freely to your doorstep.

You do not need any skill to start, just the knowledge of how to manage your finance, how to know if people need the goods you are about to import, how to reach people and get them to buy from you.
You can start this business with capital as low as 50,000 naira or lesser.

2) Dry cleaning/Laundry: In the recent time, people are too busy to while away time on household chores, and they are ready to pay someone to get it done. Lately, I have been so engrossed in literature that I find it difficult to tidy up my closet. I can reward you handsomely to get my heap of dirty shirts washed, cleaned, ironed and neatly packed.

If the industry is not cool, Eniibukun Adebayo, CEO of CleanAce dry-cleaners would have stopped floating the multi-million naira business. The industry is growing and you can join from your home.

All you have to do is get a new or used (Tokunbo) washing machine, some detergents, dry cleaning chemicals, spray starch, water supply, water tank, pressing iron, Ironing board/Table( for pressing) to get things started. Then start from your own wardrobe. Let your business show from your appearance, people will call on you, you are what you sell.

3) Catering & Confectionery: The passion you have for cooking and baking can actually be a source of income for you. Oh Yeah! A huge income I mean. Catering for friends and relatives parties, events and functions can give you good income and the good side of it is that you can start from your home.

If you do not have the idea of how to start, you can start with your own birthday! Make a branded disposable plate for take-away with your brand name on it and tell your friends about your new business.
If you have magic hands, friends and relative will refer their associates and other friends to you for their next party.

Note: You may need to attend culinary classes if you do not have cooking skills.

4) Fruits & Drink processing: Apart from nutritional benefit of taking fruits as food supplement, it is now a trend to serve fruit drinks at high-class parties and events. Saheeto a brand that serves fruits & chops at events in Lagos is making millions from this business and the industry is growing. You can also start from your home and reach the top.

You can start by getting inspiration from books on juicing and mixing with different juice recipe. Also, you can try on your own to blend fruits together to get your own recipe of juice, chap-man, cocktail etc. You will need juice extractor, mixer/blender, dispenser, cooler, refrigerator and culinary books about fruits and juice.

5) Food packaging: Preparing and packaging of breakfast ( for customers who have limited time to make breakfast before going to work) and lunch (for corporate customers who are too busy to leave their job for lunch).

I got this idea from Michael Eilertsen,CEO of LIVEOUTLOUD Group. He sold breakfast packs during morning traffic in Jo’burg, South Africa. He realized his customers had little time for breakfast and what he did: He packed muffin, fruit juice, fruit, snack, a spoon, a mint and a piece of paper with the business lesson of the week. Within 2 months, people started ordering, booking and phoning for breakfasts; and he hits it.

You can start your own food packaging business today!

**Please feel free to share this piece with your friends,associate and colleague.
**For more tips and details about businesses you can start without business space visit http://www.mybroadstreet.com/10-money-making-businesses-you-can-do-without-shop-or-office/

(Photo credit: economictimes)

1 Like

Re: No Capital To Rent Shop/office? Don't Worry,i Have A Space To Share At... by infopreneurqwin(f): 4:34pm On Jul 15, 2013
Nice post. You can also make money from your home with these businesses. Check them out on www.enaijajobs.com
Re: No Capital To Rent Shop/office? Don't Worry,i Have A Space To Share At... by newacca: 6:10pm On Jul 15, 2013
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

20 Wise Sayings From Africa's Richest / The Egyptian Parable Of Fastlane Wealth By Dj Marco / Help A Youth That Wants To Make It. Through Online Business.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.