Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,630 members, 7,926,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 12:18 AM

Britain Legalises Gay Marriage As Queen Elizabeth Gives Assent - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Britain Legalises Gay Marriage As Queen Elizabeth Gives Assent (783 Views)

US Gay Marriage: Robert Mugabe Asks Obama's Hand In Marriage / Britain Legalises Gay Marriage As Queenelizabeth Gives Assent / France Legalises Same-sex Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Britain Legalises Gay Marriage As Queen Elizabeth Gives Assent by princesammmy: 5:11pm On Jul 17, 2013
Britain legalised gay marriage on
Wednesday after Queen Elizabeth II gave her
royal assent to a bill approved by lawmakers,
the culture ministry said.
Same-sex couples will be able to marry from
next year after Prime Minister David Cameron
pushed the legislation through against the will
of dozens of his own Conservative lawmakers.
Members of parliament cheered as they were
told the historic bill, pushed through by Prime
Minister David Cameron despite opposition
within his own party, had passed into law.
The first gay weddings are expected in the
middle of next year as the government is
sorting out issues such as the impact on
pensions.
“This is a historic moment that will resonate in
many people’s lives,” said Culture Minister
Maria Miller, whose department was
responsible for the bill.
“I am proud that we have made it happen, and I
look forward to the first same sex wedding by
next summer.”
Lawmakers in parliament’s lower House of
Commons formally approved the bill on
Tuesday night, a day after the upper House of
Lords gave it the nod.
The queen’s assent, given in her capacity as
head of state, was then announced in both
chambers of parliament on Wednesday, at
which point it became law.
“I have to notify the House in accordance with
the Royal Assent 1967 that Her Majesty has
signified her Royal Assent to the following
acts… Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill,” John
Bercow, the speaker of the House of Commons,
told MPs.
The cheers that greeted the news belied the
stormy passage that the bill had through
parliament, during which many of Cameron’s
Conservative lawmakers opposed it.
Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/britain-legalises-gay-marriage-as-queen-elizabeth-gives-assent/
Re: Britain Legalises Gay Marriage As Queen Elizabeth Gives Assent by mgbeketoto: 5:34pm On Jul 17, 2013
Yaaaay!!!! cool

YAAAAAY!!!! cool

Now, some British-Nigerians can leave their wives AND MY AN-US ALONE!!!!! ;

ALL YE NIGERIANS MARRIED GAYLORDS AND DRAG-QUEENS. . . . . TIME TO FREEEEEE YOURSELVES OR BE PROUD OF YOUR BI-SEXUALITIES FOREVER!!!

Power to the HOLY ANU--SES OF GREAT BRITAIN!!!!! cheesy
Re: Britain Legalises Gay Marriage As Queen Elizabeth Gives Assent by Symphony007: 5:41pm On Jul 17, 2013
Marraige is and will always be between a man and a woman. I am not homophobic but i think gays should be satisfied with civil unions and not try to give what has been since the start of time a new definition.
Re: Britain Legalises Gay Marriage As Queen Elizabeth Gives Assent by mgbeketoto: 5:48pm On Jul 17, 2013
Chineke!!!!
You done LOOOOOOOSE!!!!

Ntooooooooor!!!! grin
Phocking HYPOCRITICAL, SANCTIMONIOUS, A-RELIGIOUS, BIGOTS!!!!
Re: Britain Legalises Gay Marriage As Queen Elizabeth Gives Assent by mekaboy(m): 6:24pm On Jul 17, 2013
The anti christ which is the world system has taken over the west. This is scary, the end of the world is closer than we thought.

Soon is the one world govt and currency, the world will then be governed completely by the system and nothing like religion or believes.

Once there is one currency, if you must trader or do business with those countries, yoy have to use the same currency.

And if u must have the same currency, u have to abide by the law binding them.

With our greedy leaders in africa who will always go borrowing, it is only a matter of time before they sign the agreement with the antichrist system for money.

Every religion will be abolished. Christians will be persecuted for disobeying the world law to worship another GOD besides the god of the world system.

We r laughing over it on NL but its getting closer.
Re: Britain Legalises Gay Marriage As Queen Elizabeth Gives Assent by adconline(m): 6:56pm On Jul 17, 2013
The Senate just removed age limit on marriage for females . You can marry a 10yr old girl and we are worried about UK. Cry for Naija not UK!
Re: Britain Legalises Gay Marriage As Queen Elizabeth Gives Assent by djon78(m): 7:17pm On Jul 17, 2013
I am so sorry for humanity, when men will the path ordained by God and nature and venture into paths that is anti nature. If man was marying, can human beings come into existence.

The worst thing that has happened to our world is secularism, where men do anything that comes to their mind, without any inhibition. We will see where they will end up on this path they have chosen.

And please African leaders should never allow this kind of abomination, to be permited openly on our lands, instead let it remain as a shameful and secret thing.
Re: Britain Legalises Gay Marriage As Queen Elizabeth Gives Assent by mekaboy(m): 8:06pm On Jul 17, 2013
djon78: I am so sorry for humanity, when men will the path ordained by God and nature and venture into paths that is anti nature. If man was marying, can human beings come into existence.

The worst thing that has happened to our world is secularism, where men do anything that comes to their mind, without any inhibition. We will see where they will end up on this path they have chosen.

And please African leaders should never allow this kind of abomination, to be permited openly on our lands, instead let it remain as a shameful and secret thing.

Its either the african leader become colonized by china or signup with the anti christ countries and receive loans.
Re: Britain Legalises Gay Marriage As Queen Elizabeth Gives Assent by UyiIredia(m): 10:47pm On Jul 17, 2013
Keeps fingers crossed. I'll hope I'm alive a decade from now to see where this will lead, especially in the Netherlands which first took this step. Of course, I think it's safe to predict that the ranks of gays and bisexuals will swell in such countries over time.
Re: Britain Legalises Gay Marriage As Queen Elizabeth Gives Assent by Symphony007: 11:10pm On Jul 17, 2013
adconline: The Senate just removed age limit on marriage for females . You can marry a 10yr old girl and we are worried about UK. Cry for Naija not UK!
exactly..i will rather live in a country where two consenting adults are free to choose their sexuality. Than a country where the destruction and expliotation of defenseless kids is backed up by law.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

5 Conspiracy Theories Which Turned Out To Be True / Pakistani Boy Dies While Preventing Suicide Bomber From Attacking School / Iran Nuke Deal And The Threat To Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.