Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,081 members, 7,939,368 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 12:55 AM

Zenith Bank's Invest Ment Fund Ipo - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Zenith Bank's Invest Ment Fund Ipo (1009 Views)

Twitter IPO Updates / Zenith Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rate / Dangote Sugar Refinery Shares: 18 Naira At IPO, Now 56 Naira! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zenith Bank's Invest Ment Fund Ipo by ucheuche1(m): 12:12pm On May 23, 2008
pls guys there's dis ZENITH BANK INVESTMENT FUND IPO now on sale . what do u guys think bout it? is it a good buy cos i'm thinking of puuting my money there especially into equiy fund. cheers
Re: Zenith Bank's Invest Ment Fund Ipo by lermy(m): 1:42pm On May 23, 2008
Guys, while we are still trying to understand the incentive thing, I will advise that if you want to enter this mutual fund, you will get a better deal buying into the fund when they have just listed than buying it now.
Taking a cue from the just listed ARM aggressive groeth fund and the IBTC ethical fund when they were listed, you would have noticed that these funds were listed below the offer price. This is because by the time the cost of raising the funds etc are deducted from the fund, it gives it a lower NAV (Net asset value) at the time of listing. (Note that this is not illegal).
Therefore, if you buy now, you will be incurring the cost of raising money for this offer, but if you buy post listing, you will get a better bargain.
Note that the time for entering the fund post listing is when they have just listed. if you buy way after they have listed you might/might not get the price advantage (depending on whether the market is bullish or bearish).

if you look at pg 3 where they have the yield forecast for the periods ended, , you will see that the NAV for the beginning of the year 2008 (which translates to when they list) is =N=956,500,000. If you divide this figure by the 100 million units on offer, you will get a price of =N=9.56. this is what the price is going to be when they list. So why buy it for =N=10 now when you can buy it for =N=9.56 when it is eventually listed.

If u want to invest, i will advice u wait until they have finished the offer and they beging investing. The reason has been explained by Apache. U gain nothing by investing now.

If u have spare cash, invest it in Zenith bank or some other stock that u think will give u 30%+ return bw now and December. I think Zenith bank is a good buy at N50.

When u exit Zenith bank or whichever stock u invest in, u can then enter the mutual fund if u are still interested by then.

Decision is urs to make
Re: Zenith Bank's Invest Ment Fund Ipo by ucheuche1(m): 9:32am On May 26, 2008
thanks lermy, u've really given us an insight into this zenith bank runs. thanks a zillion times. u're da best man.
Re: Zenith Bank's Invest Ment Fund Ipo by MyPeace(f): 10:05am On May 26, 2008
@lermy

This is a very good insight. Thanks a million! l was thinking of buying now, l will use my money for another thing in the meantime. Thx alot.
Re: Zenith Bank's Invest Ment Fund Ipo by ucheuche1(m): 4:13pm On May 26, 2008
carry d money go start crayfish biz. i hear its very lucrative.

(1) (Reply)

Interest Rates In Nigerian Banks / Jacob Zuma Encourages Jobless South Africans To Join MMM / Earn 164 Bitcoins Through A Single Investment Of 0.03 Btc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.