Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,619 members, 7,898,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 11:17 AM

Amaechi Is My Son, I Cannot Fight Him - Patience Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Is My Son, I Cannot Fight Him - Patience Jonathan (900 Views)

Amaechi Is Like Biblical Esther, He Has Shamed His Enemies – APC / Amaechi Is Our Member, The Senate Belongs To APC Not PDP – Ndume / Femi Aribisala: 'Dear Buhari, You Cannot Fight Corruption With Corruption' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Amaechi Is My Son, I Cannot Fight Him - Patience Jonathan by cynosure1(m): 8:40pm On Jul 17, 2013
First Lady Patience Jonathan, on Wednesday, said that she had
committed the ongoing crisis in Rivers State to prayers.
Rivers has been embroiled in a political crisis which culminated
in a free for all at the House of Assembly last week, with some
members injured.
Jonathan said this when 16 bishops from the South-South geo-
political zone visited her at the Presidential Villa.
“Rivers State’s issue is one thing I’ve committed to prayer
because I believe there is nothing God cannot do,” she said.
“God restored me and I’ll do His work without the fear of man.
The truth will always remain the truth and what God ordains
must come to pass; and so Rivers issue is something we’ve
handed over to God.’’
The president’s wife said contrary to some reports, she had
always mediated between Governor Chibuike Amaechi and
other parties in a crisis that began four years ago.
“This matter started as far back as four years ago at Anyugubiri
in Okrika when I begged him not to demolish a part of Okrika
but (that he should) dialogue first with the people,” she said.
“After that incident, he called the chairman of Okrika (local
government) and sacked him for holding a reception in our
honour; that boy was the first victim.
He also put my people on curfew for nine months. I called him
and pleaded with him but he refused. Then I began to hear all
sort of propaganda in the media against me; this is not the way.
I’ve never spoken about this issue but as men of God, I believe
you’ll say the truth always because there are a lot of conflicting
interests; some will hear one thing and say the exact opposite. I also want you to know the genesis of this problem and pray that
God touches Amaechi’s heart as per his hot temper because
when two elephants fight, it is the grass that suffers.’’
Jonathan urged the parties involved in the crisis to help to
resolve issues plaguing the state and not whip up sentiments that
will aggravate the problem.
I appeal to Amaechi to sheathe his sword so that we can defend
our state and this country with love, unity, patriotism and truth
at all time.
“Hebrews 12:14 urges us to embrace peace with all men without
which, we cannot see God,” she said. “Amaechi is my son, I cannot fight him and I cannot kill him. He shouldn’t be used by
outsiders against his own blood because this seat is vanity. One
day, no matter how long it takes, we will leave this seat.
Power is not forever. This seat is vanity, others sat here and left
so one day I’ll also leave and we will meet at home; so why
should I fight him? Let’s take it easy, face issues, leave non-
existent matters, stop magnifying lies and respect our leaders
and people in authority. Let’s give peace a chance.”
Earlier, Bishop God-Do-Well Awomapara, Chairman, Niger
Delta Bishops Forum, who led the delegation, said the visit was
significant “in view of emerging situations in our region.
“We are on a quest to unravel the mysteries surrounding the
Rivers issue and mediate where necessary,” he said.
Source: www.telegraphng.com/2013/07/amaechi-is-my-son-i-cannot-fight-him-says-patience-jonathan/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Amaechi Is My Son, I Cannot Fight Him - Patience Jonathan by ChainBlinger: 9:03pm On Jul 17, 2013
Blah blah blah blah blah blah...tell that to the birds madam widower. BTW, f2c.
Re: Amaechi Is My Son, I Cannot Fight Him - Patience Jonathan by bloggernaija: 9:08pm On Jul 17, 2013
Have You ever heard of the blood witch who ate her own "son".?
Amaechi should watch is back.
All these machiavellian statement ................about wanting peace.............
Re: Amaechi Is My Son, I Cannot Fight Him - Patience Jonathan by cescadove: 9:19pm On Jul 17, 2013
AMECHI IS A HANDSOME MAN !
Re: Amaechi Is My Son, I Cannot Fight Him - Patience Jonathan by emiye(m): 9:23pm On Jul 17, 2013
which kind son? how many years you take senior am ?
Re: Amaechi Is My Son, I Cannot Fight Him - Patience Jonathan by Samxiulee: 9:33pm On Jul 17, 2013
I reserve my comment till this report is confirmed,please don't ask me why,cos you know why. grin
Re: Amaechi Is My Son, I Cannot Fight Him - Patience Jonathan by Itoroetti(m): 9:53pm On Jul 17, 2013
Chain_Blinger: Blah blah blah blah blah blah...tell that to the birds madam widower. BTW, f2c.

U'll be the widower
Re: Amaechi Is My Son, I Cannot Fight Him - Patience Jonathan by UyiIredia(m): 10:07pm On Jul 17, 2013
Assuming it's true, the First Lady's claim is false whether luteral or metaphorical. The age difference between them isn't much.
Re: Amaechi Is My Son, I Cannot Fight Him - Patience Jonathan by kokoA(m): 10:28pm On Jul 17, 2013
Jang said he is like a father to Amechi, now PEJ has said she is like a mother to Amechi.. Hmmmm.. Are you pondering what am pondering? ****in Brain's voice***

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Is My Son, I Cannot Fight Him - Patience Jonathan by wiseguy(m): 10:33pm On Jul 17, 2013
Is that so? Ehen? So it started 4 yrs ago? When Madam you forcefully collected microphone from Amaechi's hand and reprimanded an elected governor in public. If Okrika was not your village will u do the same? Is Okrika waterfront the only one earmarked for demolition? As at the time, some other waterfronts in some parts of the state has already been demolished. Anybody who lived in PHC at the time knows too well that the waterfronts was a shelter for all manner of characters and criminals. Thank God you have said the truth. Its not that he wants to become the vice president to some northerner (which I really don't see what is wrong with such aspiration)but because he dares to trespass the enclave of her royal majesty. At least this confirms that you, Madam P is behind the crisis contrary to all the denials from the presidency. As you said Ma, someday you shall leave power and return.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Is My Son, I Cannot Fight Him - Patience Jonathan by WildChild00(m): 10:44pm On Jul 17, 2013
Why is it just of recent that Mrs Jonathan is only remembering that Gov. Amechi is her son Was it as a result of pressure coming frm well meaning Nigerians as per the crisis rocking Rivers State.
Re: Amaechi Is My Son, I Cannot Fight Him - Patience Jonathan by badassnigga(m): 10:45pm On Jul 17, 2013
that fat woman. her photo consumes data too much.
Re: Amaechi Is My Son, I Cannot Fight Him - Patience Jonathan by emitope: 10:46pm On Jul 17, 2013
emiye: which kind son? how many years you take senior am ?

No mind d dumb woman....she beta face her kidneys else she will say hello to stella Obj...
Re: Amaechi Is My Son, I Cannot Fight Him - Patience Jonathan by samuelkaykay(m): 10:49pm On Jul 17, 2013
one day you will leave the seat,Amaechi will leave his own,that reminds me that one day,i will leave NAIRALAND and join KOBOLAND.
Re: Amaechi Is My Son, I Cannot Fight Him - Patience Jonathan by Chuksemi(m): 10:54pm On Jul 17, 2013
wiseguy: Is that so? Ehen? So it started 4 yrs ago? When Madam you forcefully collected microphone from Amaechi's hand and reprimanded an elected governor in public. If Okrika was not your village will u do the same? Is Okrika waterfront the only one earmarked for demolition? As at the time, some other waterfronts in some parts of the state has already been demolished. Anybody who lived in PHC at the time knows too well that the waterfronts was a shelter for all manner of characters and criminals. Thank God you have said the truth. Its not that he wants to become the vice president to some northerner (which I really don't see what is wrong with such aspiration)but because he dares to trespass the enclave of her royal majesty. At least this confirms that you, Madam P is behind the crisis contrary to all the denials from the presidency. As you said Ma, someday you shall leave power and return.
i concur.
Re: Amaechi Is My Son, I Cannot Fight Him - Patience Jonathan by samuelkaykay(m): 10:56pm On Jul 17, 2013
Chain_Blinger: Blah blah blah blah blah blah...tell that to the birds madam widower. BTW, f2c.
Who allowed you to use phone in the prison?your name is an indicatin that u are bondage.pls don't the first lady again!
Re: Amaechi Is My Son, I Cannot Fight Him - Patience Jonathan by duni04(m): 11:09pm On Jul 17, 2013
kokoA: Jang said he is like a father to Amechi, now PEJ has said she is like a mother to Amechi.. Hmmmm.. Are you pondering what am pondering? ****in Brain's voice***
Lol. Ur a clown
Re: Amaechi Is My Son, I Cannot Fight Him - Patience Jonathan by duni04(m): 11:11pm On Jul 17, 2013
bad_ass_nigga: that fat woman. her photo consumes data too much.
Buahahahaha!
Re: Amaechi Is My Son, I Cannot Fight Him - Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 17, 2013
Re: Amaechi Is My Son, I Cannot Fight Him - Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 17, 2013

(1)

Amaechi On Bbc Hardtalk / Akwa Ibom 2015 Guber Race: Governor Akpabio Finally Speaks! / Ngige To Succeed Fashola In Lagos Under Apc!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.