Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,575 members, 7,944,738 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 11:31 PM

Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter (70522 Views)

Abacha's Daughter, Gumsu Mocks Amaechi On Instagram Over Buhari Appointment Snub / Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu / Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Kakatazz(f): 1:47pm On Jul 18, 2013
slimmy gold: Pls Who was Abacha am hearing and what was his position in Nig.

He was a dreaded Deek-ta-tor.
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Agimor(m): 1:47pm On Jul 18, 2013
Tecno p3 just two weeks old is for sale, anyone who wishes to buy should contact this numbers. 07083575582 & 07036157858. Just 12k exclusively to those that live in delta state.
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 18, 2013
BekeeBuAgbara: The lady is correct and stop disgracing yourself, what is the difference between fatherland and motherland?

.... ãή∂ by using 'motherland' though you may be totally not incorrect, but its advisable to mind the application of the duo.

It is called 'fatherland' in Nigeria. albeit, the duo = homeland.

The problem you are having with Motherland and Fatherland is ₪☺ mystery to people who speak languages with feminine and masculine nouns.

Also, I think it is directly related to Patriarchies and
Matriarchies. Brazil, for example, is a
matriarchy and would never be
considered Fatherland by it´s natives.
The same goes for Russia, Italy,
Mexico, etc. Germany is evidently a
patriarchy, so fatherland is more
adequate. It´s all a question of the
society in question and how they see
their own country.

''Groups that refer to their native
country as a "fatherland"

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatherland

1 Like

Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by phemi01(m): 1:51pm On Jul 18, 2013
lee007: Now very confirmed that Nigeria will definitely perish as a country if care is not taken quickly, am so ashamed of identifying with Nigeria these days and with very good reason.
I am so appalled at the way a lot of seemingly educated people especially Nigeria young women are insulting Soyinka for speaking the truth as he has always done consistently over the years even before some of these so called online nairaland analysts parents were born!
What has this woman done for Nigerian women sef? What? Has she done 1/100 of what Miriam Babangida did through her better life? Patience is a disgrace to womanhood in Nigeria, a mere okirika rogue lucky enough to marry a clueless, spineless man! Don’t even get me started! Nigeria is a joke!

I honetly hope most Nigerian girls/women are not like these onces commenting and supporting Dame Jonathan? cus if they are, then it is finished!!! no wonder they no dey quick get husband, what a way to use the brain!!!

Soyinka said Patience is a mere appendage of power and so damn right, not only is that a statement of fact but a statement very correct in law, the illegality and unconstitutionality during these Goodluck’s era is just to legendary and sadly most of us don’t even know the implication.

Insecurity is on the rise, poverty is strong as usual, unemployment is the order of the day and power is getting geometrically regressive and still we sit behind the lantern hoping phones and laptops won’t expire and we can still claim the president and his wife are doing well, someone is kidding right.

And where did Abacha’s daughter crawl out from, only in Nigeria will the daughter of such an evil institution even have the got to talk to any Nigerian not even Soyinka!
Like we say in Yoruba land, alainironu lopoju ni nairaland, bunch of empty skulls suffering and smiling!

A lot of Nigerian gals are very daft. All they knw is how to run aimlessly after d latest phones and rubbish artificial hairs and make ups. They hardly use their brain. They just want to party, spend money and have sex. No wonder u can hardly differentiate a normal gal from an olosho. Though a few number of them are intelligent and harworking, the daft ones are just too much.
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by frankyychiji(f): 1:57pm On Jul 18, 2013
sanniemoe:

Bro, I respect u a lot. U got it all wrong. When IBB took powers in 85, he was the chess master. He made the whole world to believe he was the long awaited messiah. even the then president of United States fell for his agenda,the OAU and commonwealth all fell. So it wasn't a Soyinka thing.
Wole Soyinka has the right to believe,serve and worship whatever he wants to. I stand to be corrected,even a Satanist acknowledges the existence of God,only that he chose to worship Satan.
Pirates wasn't founded as a blood sucking institution as U made it seem. It had good intentions,it was only high jacked and things didn't go as planned.
Wole Soyinka using that term "MDA" on PEJ is very right in his own way and I support him
Finally, Abacha's daughter is an animal,a pig for that rant. It shows the level of discipline,if any she received from an animal she calls her father and a beast hearted woman she calls mother
from the on-going, u are even worse than the three-pronged evil genius called prof soyinka.
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 18, 2013
Olaolufred:

TO THE BOLDED, THAT IS NOT UPGRADE.

FOR AN INTER-CONTINENTAL MAN TO DOWNGRADE HIMSELF INTO CONTINENTAL.

YOU ALL MUST ACCEPT THE TRUTH THAT HIPPO IS MIS-USING HIS POSITION ADVERSELY.

WE CAN NOT AFFORD ANOTHER VARIATION OF BOKO HARAM IN RIVERS STATE.

WE SAY NO TO RIVERS HARAM.

Cant u see most folks here supporting her are so daft and brain-cracked by sentiment to realize Wole HAS BEEN A NEUTRAL who speaks reality and evidence, regardless of his disposition anywhere.
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by funnyfun: 2:14pm On Jul 18, 2013
What effontery? What credibility does she think she has to be talking to a man old enough to be her grand father? It's not her fault. At least we were all alive when her father was misruling Nigeria and behaving as if he owned the country. Where is he today? God knows how to deal with all such people.
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Kenistry(m): 2:15pm On Jul 18, 2013
Nigerian youths at it again! Busy insultin one anoda because of wht one overfed lady tweet abt a certain prof who 4got his plc in d society. We hv better tins to argue abt for d development of our nation. My ppl use say.... "if a vulture does nt display its true colours, children will eat its head like dat of a chicken"
prof Wole is loosin it, by gettin involved in our senseless politics, dats y such a baby will vomit trash at him. I blame prof for dis, as for d girl, she's irrelevant as far as dis country is concern.
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by moneyhungry(m): 2:15pm On Jul 18, 2013
Billionaires:

I am a man of honor and I am a billionaire in real life, it does not matter whether you believe it or not. But remember, any decision I make in life will affect at least 50 people under my payroll and control. Nairaland will not remain a forum for losers. I am here because I belong to this generation, I am a Netizen of e-Nigeria and a Citizen of Nigeria. So what ever opinion you have of me, you can shove it in your dark a.s.s and let us treat issues as is, and not based on insults. I do not know anyone that will readily buy Wole's books if he still writes, and I assume ladies wont have to read his books because has proven to us that he disrespects women by cursing them, he disrespects God by worshiping idol and his does not respect the sanctity of life by founding murdering Cult. Wole, to me is one of the worst humans to walk on Earth, aside his literary prowess which I respect, he is a nobody to me.
SUPER STORY ^^^^^.
Anybody who believes u needs to be slapped by 7 crippled women n thrown into river benue.
This is d most 'amazing' comment i ever read on nairaland.
btw, u can't judge a man based on his religious belief.
get ur mind right bro.
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 18, 2013
logica: Ha! You never holla. "Surrounded By Idiots" was the name of a group Timbaland formed with the Neptunes (Pharrell Williams and others) in their high school days; you would've thought they were in Nigeria.

Honestly! I am both appalled and shocked by a lot of the comments......democracy is a biatch!!!
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
lafflaff123: Those writing against Wole Soyinka in any media outlet or blog(Nairaland) included in Nigeria are waging a losing battle.

So, even if anybody writes a constructive critic again Captain Blood,all the Pyrates members(some in their 70s)crawl out of their holes and start fighting for their god, and I am sure majority of those attacking Miss Abacha's write up are members.

Ahoy Dissident Sultan(his actual bush name)I know say dey here dey defend your god too. Go back to practicing Medicine and your Doctor trade instead of leaving your sick patients and defending Captain Blood all over the internet.

Atleast the good THING he did was make sure the FRSC still wear the Beret Colour of the Pyrates Confraternity and 80% of FRSC are all members of the Pyrates confraternity, which makes the FRSC the largest gathering of cultists in the World.

Wole Soyinka should shut up and go back to his hole of irrelevancy, instead of trying to be relevant in this age of IPAD and IPHONE.

There must be something wrong with all this writers when they get old and they start running their mouths.

Same thing Chinua Achebe did with his controversial book before he died. I think its a WRITERS old age affecting this SUPPOSEDLY icons.

Firstly, stop comparing what the late Prof. Chinua did with his controversial book, to what Prof. Wole is doing - apples to oranges. And he, Prof. Chinua, wasn't in the trenches in Nigeria. However, I still remember vividly that he wrote tons of articles on UK dailies about Nigeria.
Secondly, where's the correlation between her critique of "Wole Soyinka is always talking down on his motherland and the continent for Euros and dollars (paraphrasing)" and what Prof Wole said? The last time I checked, the man never said anything disparaging about Nigeria. Heck, he has never talked down on his country or continent - even when he admonishes the people.

Thirdly, I just don’t know why some of you keep parroting Nelson Mandela and Desmond Tutu, when you know absolutely nothing about things happening outside Nigeria. Nelson Mandela just stopped talking when he became too frail to talk because of old age. Do I need to remind you that he was the mastermind of what ended Thabo Mbeki’s presidency? Not just that, he was always interfering with the affairs of Zimbabwe, hence why Mugabe doesn’t like him. As for Desmond Tutu, he talks so much that he talks about things that have absolutely nothing to do with both South Africa and Africa. However, regardless of how much they talk – especially when they’re speaking the truth – we need to always respect the great ones among us for their sacrifices for us. I know the life expectancy age in Nigeria is around 48, hence why most of you don’t know how old people act. Well, old people talk a lot, especially when things around aren’t working the way they prefer – and when they foresee dangers ahead. The voice of the old is the voice of wisdom and God - and we must listen at all times because they have got tons of experiences that money can’t buy.

I also believe the legendary Prof. doesn’t go around trying to force his opinions on people. The media and press go to him for his opinions, and you don’t expect him to send them away especially since he’s a career activist, do you? We can draw comparisons with Rev Al Sharpton and Rev Jesse Jackson. People go to them all the time because of the roles they played during the civil rights movement – hence why they’re always in the media whenever there’s a hot debate in America about African Americans.

Lastly, I have always wondered why Nigeria is a cesspit despite its huge population, its vast resource wealth, and the boastfulness of Nigerians. However, this forum has enlightened me about why Nigeria will always be a cesspit. Trust me, the guy who said the average IQ of Nigerians is below 85 never told a lie – that’s the honest truth. Yes, there are a few smart, upstanding, and articulate Nigerians – but the vast majority is ridiculously dumb. Yes, a lot of Nigerians are arguably book smart – but the vast majority is borderline reta.rded, when it comes to thinking and using their brains. From this point henceforth, I don’t even think I want to read anything about that country – the country is a failure and its place is forever cemented in abyss and where hopelessness reigns supreme. I’ll just focus on Lagos, culture, tradition, foreign affairs and romance. THERE’S NO HOPE FOR NIGERIA!

1 Like

Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by chrisdstar: 2:28pm On Jul 18, 2013
For so many years,we never had from the Abacha's family,because they were hiding with their tails btw their legs.but the release of Al-mustapha,i guess,must have given them hope,making them believe that the remaining Abacha's loot will not be touched.if i become president,such families that has caused the youth abject poverty,will never see daylight.
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 18, 2013
naijababe: I used to get angry when some people say 'Nigerians deserve their leaders'. Going by some of the comments on this thread, I have realised that nothing could be truer sad

Madam ...calm down. grin cheesy

Those people celebrating the girl's thrash don't necessarily approve of her person or whatever she represents. Their interest lies in the fact that she attacked someone they currently despise....

...in the local parlance, we say the 'enemy of my enemy is my friend'. that suffice all their childish rants here.

1 Like

Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by frankyychiji(f): 2:50pm On Jul 18, 2013
bornosheikh: Only f00ls take Wole seriously. he is just a local champion.

And you are? Please list your achievements, including and Nobel prizes won?

............................. (waiting)
dude we all aknowledge that ur grandfather is good in his literature and speaking big big gramma and we all respect him for that. Aside these, he is a serial looser.
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 18, 2013
ilugunboy:

Those people celebrating the girl's thrash don't necessarily approve of her person or whatever she represents. Their interest lies in the fact that she attacked someone they currently despise....

...in the local parlance, we say the 'enemy of my enemy is my friend'. that suffice all their childish rants here.

and they are mostly small children with no knowledge of history - and their number are far less than you would believe - attack of the 40 laptops 40 handles
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Tonygi(m): 2:58pm On Jul 18, 2013
[quote author=~Bluetooth]

pls leave dt poor girl alone ? Wole is going to politice graduly, polithefian ar usein hem to achieve dy aim. , and u too Hypocrisy runs in your vein also!
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by abdulbabao: 2:59pm On Jul 18, 2013
Bleep Nairaland The more,Unah own no pass to dey Escalate Tins.How this small Bitch dey yern Like dis watin she know sef?Unah carry am dey put mak d whole world see?Omo Bleep Nairaland.Nah so so News una sabi carry,No action from here,Bleep d producer and d designer of dis page and Bleep erryone here#Realshit... cool
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by longjon: 3:01pm On Jul 18, 2013
babyosisi:

The man is unravelling like moi moi and agidi jollof wrapped in plantain leaves
Since he started chopping from ACN his social crusading has moved to one side
Kuforiji of ACN wiped the treasury nobody heard pim from Wole
The ACN wives went frolicking in London last year,Wole said nada
Their lawmakers to watch Olympics,Wole said nothing
ACN states contributed 1 billion amidst starving children to throw Tinubu a birthday at 70( he claimed 60 sha)
Wole said nothing about the age or the money spent
Tinubu is collecting toll.wole turned a blind eye
He enthroned his family to power,Wole was no where to be found
All the fake diplomas,Wole is tongue tied
The other day he defended auntie Peshe in her perm sec appointment,maybe they greased his palm
Today he is singing the Amaechi
The same Amaechi that removed an elected LGA chair who won the position the same way he won his seat and Wole will not rebuke him
Why?
he is probably chopping from Amaechi and throwing daggers at the dame

This is unbelievable .
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 18, 2013
longjon:

This is unbelievable .

so u also see wat she posted indicates she Just spoke her brains out of her mouth like Water gushing from a tap..
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by TheRealMrStan(m): 3:05pm On Jul 18, 2013
[size=13pt]Read my balanced view about this topic here:
Titled: A mad professor,a dictator's daughter and a Hippopotamus.[/size]
http://mrstanleynwabia..com/2013/07/amad-professor-dictators-daughter-and.html
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 18, 2013
Nothing we no go see for NL. Wetin Sanni Abacha sabi for politics? Why some mumu dey support her? Tomorrow wen Tonto Dikeh and Sugar Candy talk against Wole Soyinka the talk go form public opinion for some f00ls wey go dey curse WS. Nigerian youths are lost.
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by BekeeBuAgbara: 3:13pm On Jul 18, 2013
ngozievergreen:

what do u want him to do kwanu?

Sb whose books dont even sell. He has to survive following dirty politicians, making back and forth movements like his ppl are known for. Sb that ran away cos he couldnt account for the office he once held.

Some ppl here are even forcing others to reckon with Soyinka cos he supported biafra. Since when did biafra become important to them? Hypocrites! Chameleons!

Igbokwe must have supported biafra,(as an igbo man) but that doesnt mean i dig his last statements on the Rivers Issue.

Some ppl need to be shed off some herd complex
I wonder
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 18, 2013
longjon:

This is unbelievable .

That lady is one of the hairy chested..bearded women we have on NL...She is better ignored when she is on her period.

She is recovering from a long NL jail punishment..

2 Likes

Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by kingsline: 3:18pm On Jul 18, 2013
i dont care what abacha and his family did to this country but all i know is that the current politicians has done worse
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 18, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Wanted to address him, not worth it
Some ppl are jokers n this thread, I swear grin
Dayuuuuuuummmmm nl grin grin grin
your xter is part of the reason several Naija dudes fly over 20hrs from texas to Naija in search of wives while loads of you rot away in the hands of akata. Its pitiful undecided

1 Like

Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
I m wondering while some Sons and Daughters of Cain on dis thread still bring in d issue of Achebe here. Wat has a rotten mongol-striken carcass gat to do with live matterz like dis...

im just bored of all this undecided
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Dayzzy(m): 3:29pm On Jul 18, 2013
fredopayee: You showed your illitraccy by not knowing that is better called "motherland"
its a pity u publicized d fact dat u didny go sch..u no knw anthem .''to serve our fatherland''
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by whitecat007: 3:31pm On Jul 18, 2013
shocked cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
oyb: Nigerians and short memories.

Gumsu abacha was as bad as patience in her heyday. If i recall properly, abuja law school was created so she would not have to read law in lagos. She was known for arrogance, excess and first daughterism.

It is no wonder she is joining the hippo in taking a swipe at a man who stood up to her father, a murdering embezzler who died a beffiting death in the laps of w-hores.

That we have people cheering her instead of telling her to shut up says a lot , but then again, these are the same people celebrating abacha.

The hippo has found solidarity from another domestic appendage of a dictatorship. Birds of a feather
[/b][b][/b][b][b][/b]
The pej brigade can celebrate her words, as they would support satan if he insulted ws. It is instructive that no eminent nigerian has joined words with WS on this. It is only the led by their bellies paid hacks who make absurd insults but skirt around the issue of an out of control hippo in a china shop
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 18, 2013
ilugunboy:

E get as e be o, I don't pray for such children at all o, dem no dey engage their brains at all at all....shame sad
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by whitecat007: 3:35pm On Jul 18, 2013
oyb:
Nigerians and short memories.

[b]Gumsu abacha was as bad as patience in her heyday. If i recall properly, abuja law school was created so she would not have to read law in lagos. She was known for arrogance, excess and first daughterism.

[b]It is no wonder she is joining the hippo in taking a swipe at a man who stood up to her father, a murdering embezzler who died a beffiting death in the laps of w-hores.

That we have people cheering her instead of telling her to shut up says a lot , but then again, these are the same people celebrating abacha.

]make absurd insults but skirt around the issue of an out of control hippo in a china shop
The hippo has found solidarity from another domestic appendage of a dictatorship. Birds of a feather

The pej brigade can celebrate her words, as they would support satan if he insulted ws. It is instructive that no
[/b][b][/b]eminent nigerian has joined words with WS on this. It is only the led by their bellies paid hacks who [/b][b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 18, 2013
Dayzzy:
its a pity u publicized d fact dat u didny go sch..u no knw anthem .''to serve our fatherland''

grin grin grin grin grin grin that basically is the representation of the GEJ and Madam Jesus apologists on NL....they are all very badly educated.
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by halavoke: 3:44pm On Jul 18, 2013
money-hungry :

SUPER STORY ^^^^^.
Anybody who believes u needs to be slapped by 7 crippled women n thrown into river benue.
This is d most 'amazing' comment i ever read on nairaland.
btw, u can't judge a man based on his religious belief.
get ur mind right bro.

Ur mind is covered 2, did he talk only bout religion? Women n lives nko?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Alfa Belgore & P&ID: Who Is Salihu Modibbo Alfa Belgore? / Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” / Nigerian Flag Designer, Taiwo Akinkunmi: Then And Now (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.