Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,395 members, 7,932,325 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 02:28 AM

All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) - Phones (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) (68637 Views)

All Data Users,it's Campaign Part Two,come Out Now / Updated:all Data Users Demand Fairness Ongoing Campaign In Nigeria. / Nairaland Mentioned On Topic About Internet Data fairness On Punchng.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by mjames: 1:46pm On Jul 19, 2013
lizzyanjorin: I hate this thread....... What of other smartphones? Im using nokia phone, window and smybian belle phone...... :DI

Sorry ooo
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by jreyez(m): 1:46pm On Jul 19, 2013
jonesin: labour want to go on strike 4 android fone users?
lol
maybe dat is d very point u guys should tort about, not Ncc or watever u call it,dey can help u, these are privately managed companies, d only tin dat will work 4 u pipo is if u can get labour to go on strike, so NLC Is your next aim

FakeAss retarded gala seller
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 19, 2013
LET'S USE THE HASHTAG- #9JAFAIRDATA ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER. PROPAGATE THE MOVEMENT
Naija_lastborn: If Nairaland thread can feature on Yahoo news. Then I see no reason why this Thread who hit the global world!!
Brothers and sisters aim for the highestn search. And severals mails to Nigeira Newspapers, let them know Nigeria call, they should Obey, as they once pledge, take it to SaharaReporters, let the guy be involved in this, we have been listening and reading his blogs and news, its time for them to read our ownm...

Take it to Nigerians newspaper and blogsite...on twitter pls put the #tagged #alldatausersdemandfairness #androidusersdemandfairnesss #letourvoicesbeheard..
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Cutestee(m): 1:48pm On Jul 19, 2013
Mogenerous: Airtel mentioned again on twitter...

"@AirtelNigeria: @skizzy5naira @Mogenerous We will need you to exercise some patience with us on this please."

And my reply is "we won't stop until something is done"
I saw it too.. Kudos to you
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by bibe(m): 1:48pm On Jul 19, 2013
Mogenerous:
You need to be enlightened dear
oh im very much enlightened.
but on this one like i said, you shud really go do ur homework on that lest u make urselves look lyk fools to the NCC.
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by mjames: 1:49pm On Jul 19, 2013
john1982: DEAR SIR/MA,
MY NAME IS JOHNSON AGBOOLA FROM OSUN STATE. I AM WRITING YOU ON BEHAVE OF ANDROID PHONE USER. MTN,GLO,AIRTEL,ETISAT, E.T.C ARE CHEATING US.
THE TIME BLACKBERRY PHONE ENTER THIS COUNTRY, IMMEDIATELY BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN FOR BROWSING WAS INTRODUCED. BIS, BBC. FOR #1000(2GBT) FOR A MONTH WHICH IS FAIR.
NOW THAT 80% OF NIGERIA YOUTH ARE USING ANDROID PHONE, MTN IS NOW TELLING US THAT WE SHOULD BUY 250MB DATA AT THE RATE OF #1000 WHILE THEY SELL 2GBT @ #1000 FOR BLACKBERRY USER. IT IS NOT GOOD. THE 250MB IS NOT ENOUGH FOR ANDROID PHONE PER DAY.
ALL WE ARE SAYING IS THAT, ALL NETWORK PROVIDERS SHOULD GIVE ANDROID PHONE USER OUR OWN DATA PLAN. PLEASE SAVE US, WE ARE AVERAGE NIGERIANS, WE CAN NOT AFFORD TO PAY #1000 PER DAY FOR INTERNET SUBSCRIBTION. THANK YOU.

Something more nothing less.
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 19, 2013
me self don tire

Comcast in USA is 10usd for 50gb
60usd for unlimited with WiFi support
with incredible speed of more than 100mb/sec
same with japan with 1gb/sec
naija with all the optics, satellites, etc. we still dey 10usd for miserable 260mb, what kind if rip off is this for God sake

I think, we should flood media houses websites and ncc more because those mumu mtn , glo etc no go do anything with all the complaints

*cheap data for all mobile devices is what we want *
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Unitedforever(m): 1:51pm On Jul 19, 2013
jonesin: labour want to go on strike 4 android fone users?
lol
maybe dat is d very point u guys should tort about, not Ncc or watever u call it,dey can help u, these are privately managed companies, d only tin dat will work 4 u pipo is if u can get labour to go on strike, so NLC Is your next aim
can you please tell me the relationship between labour and telecommunications

1 Like

Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 19, 2013
Good 1! But while the wait is on, subscribe to d bb plan and enjoy...
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by samilo88(m): 1:54pm On Jul 19, 2013
lordsbiz: Some BB USERS just dey make mockery of themselves here, as if we wey get android never use BB or not still get, if u guys dont Know BB is history its extinct. And this thing they are saying about BB compressing data is pure falacy, are you saying if u download 500mb movie wit BB it will automatically compress it to 20mb and still(LMFAO), some ppl r just dumb. The only reason BB user are given higher data is simply becos BB phones are caged their is limit to things u can do with it in terms of apps and download controlled by BB APN blackberry.net and if u try anything out of the cage u get charged on your credit abi no b so?, one other thing i discover is that these BB USERS dont understand how their data is being trafficked they think BB company is the one giving them data connection thats y their data is cheap, LoL y not remove your sim card and browse wit ur BB, anyway remember today is not school day, and we that started this movement are not fools we know so so much about this thing, stop fighting us for what we know, and if u want to know about data pricing in the world search google, you will learn better. We will surely prevail
Bros I totally agree with you. Even when data was unlimited on bb, there was nothing much I could do with it. Common to watch YouTube video on bb back then glo go dey tell me story of incuring extra charges. The truth is this network providers are afraid of androids. They know the power and capabilities of an android phone that's why they keep shying away from the obvious. This network providers are known for shortchanging subscribers, but when they see you have devised a means of getting value for your money they'll do everything to block that means. Until they do what's right, we would continue with d fight. Me don spam their Facebook fan pages.
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 19, 2013
FRIENDS, IN GHANA THEY PAY THE CEDI EQUIVALENT OF 200NAIRA AND GET 1DAY UNLIMITED DATA. YES YOU READ RIGHT UNLIMITED FOR ONE DAY ON THE TIGO NETWORK. NO RIM SERVERS OR ANYTHING. PLEASE OUR NATIONAL CARRIERS ARE CAPABLE OF HANDLING BANDWIDTH BUT THEY WANT US TO BELIEVE OTHERWISE BECAUSE IT PROFITS THEM IN BILLIONS.
#9JAFAIRDATA
PLEASE AT THE ABOVE HASHTAG TO UR TWEETS N FB UPDATES. WE NEED A REVOLUTION NOW!
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by mjames: 1:55pm On Jul 19, 2013
yehmy: Good morning guys, as promised dt i'm going to giv out NCC number and email here it is.

EMAIL - consumerportal@ncc.gov.ng

WEBSITE- ncc.gov.ng

HEAD OFFICE- +23494617000

ENUGU- +23442250435, 257776

IBADAN- +23428104303

KANO- +23464947822, 319999

LAGOS- +234172093224, 2690603, 2690712

P.H- +23484465644, 465645

Thank you very much.
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Rick9(m): 1:58pm On Jul 19, 2013
[size=21pt]A Declaration of war on all I.S.P's and Network Providers especially MTN . Time to flood thier websites #WeNeedMoreBandWithToBrowse[/size]
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:59pm On Jul 19, 2013
bibe: I suggest you all shud go and do a lil homework on how these networks cost their data plans.
As for BB data plans (BIS/BBC) ot might interest you to know that they come cheap because, BBerry formerly known as RIM have servers dedicated for that, and also handles the traffic and compression hence, it doesnt cost MTN, GLO,

please stop saying this nonsense.

THE ONLY THING COMPRESSED ON A BLACKBERRY IS THE BBM, EMAIL AND BROWSER DATA AND THAT IS ACTUALLY END TO END. YOU NEED A BB PIN AND A BB DEVICE TO GET YOUR BBM, EMAIL AND BROWSER DATA COMPRESSED

NOTHING ELSE IS COMPRESSED.

lord of hosts have mercy. NO your data do NOT go through RIM servers. to connect to a RIM server u need a pin and encryption keys only assigned to a bb device and pin.

if you could access a RIM server freely how could it be secure?

what kind of fuckery is this one sef?

the apn is on a MTN server. all u get is separate billing platform on mtn end. and yes they did not restrict it before because you could not use data in large quantities on a bb device before.

the browser had a 5mb file size limit hard coded into it. emails and bbm were compressed in the rim servers before being sent and then uncompressed on the blackberry devices. until you figured out that ucweb could pull data in parallel connections u could not use the data

every other thing that did not use the BB encryption keys passed through normal tcp/ip and u get billed. your monthly subscription just bought your pin access to RiM Server's

the only reason why this has become an issue is that BB10 os actually does not have all such archaic limits and u can actually transparently send all data including encrypted ones over tcp/ip. providers changed their billing system to accomodate it.

that's why the blackberry.net access point exists. it is supposed to be way to IDENTIFY your preferred platform as the MTN/AIRTEL/WHOSEVER BB server.

Anything they do to affect that accesspoint affects every device that tries to use that platform access including bb10 devices.

a possible solution for them is to scrap a separate platform for bb use d same platform for all d3vices. identify connections by means of MSISDN, MAC Address or whatever it is they use to identify your modems and other devices

which will result in the old security issues such as spoofing, wrapping tcp calls in containers and expose the blackberry servers to pple attempting to steal keys from other bb devices on the same access point to send stuff through it

in summary no. RIM does not maintain servers to magically compress your data. your droids, pcs and idevices do not have anything on them by default to decompress any such data. rim does not share its encryption and compression algorithms with anyone to enable them use it.

all u use is mtn bandwidth.

and fyi MTN have a backbone and deep sea fibre access. they don't buy bandwidth.

glo has. they don't buy bandwidth

etisalat has setup efficient link up to their international sat links etc. etisalatbis yet the only network that has issues during heavy rainfall.

airtel. who gives a lying Bleep abt airtel. I dunno what it is they arranged. dead company anyway.

SO PLS STOP REPEATING THIS LIES JOOR. its stoopid

8 Likes

Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Mogenerous(f): 2:04pm On Jul 19, 2013
jreyez:

FakeAssLink#, surely you must be a retarded gala seller. cool

hey, can you stop with your shit and don't use foul language here... Go thru my twitter mentions and you will see the link better still... Here is it http:///8pVhsfiX7z or http://www.africa.airtel.com/wps/wcm/connect/africaairtel/nigeria/3g/home/tariff-plans/smartbyte
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Mogenerous(f): 2:07pm On Jul 19, 2013
lordsbiz: bros your link no dey work oh, better repost it and lets see
Point of correction, I'm a lady... http://www.africa.airtel.com/wps/wcm/connect/africaairtel/nigeria/3g/home/tariff-plans/smartbyte
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by mjames: 2:09pm On Jul 19, 2013
coache: Hi guys, theres no need to bother yourselves over getting a data plan for your android. We all know the type of country we are in. simply recharge your airtel sim with 1500 and send Bbum to 440 for 2gig valid for 30days. then send "dectivate" to the same number again and you are good to go. This is not a cheat since you are paying for it. I hope this satisfies you goodluck.

All Nigerian should use Airtel? U reason very low.
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 19, 2013
4llerbuntu:

THE ONLY THING COMPRESSED ON A BLACKBERRY IS THE BBM, EMAIL AND BROWSER DATA AND THAT IS ACTUALLY END TO END. YOU NEED A BB PIN AND A BB DEVICE TO GET YOUR BBM, EMAIL AND BROWSER DATA COMPRESSED

lord of hosts have mercy. NO your data do NOT go through RIM servers. to connect to a RIM server u need a pin and encryption keys only assigned to a bb device and pin.

the apn is on a MTN server. all u get is separate billing platform on mtn end. and yes they did not restrict it before because you could not use data in large quantities on a bb device before.

the browser had a 5mb file size limit hard coded into it. emails and bbm were compressed in the rim servers before being sent and then uncompressed on the blackberry devices. until you figured out that ucweb could pull data in parallel connections u could not use the data

every other thing that did not use the BB encryption keys passed through normal tcp/ip and u get billed. your monthly subscription just bought your pin access to RiM Server's

the only reason why this has become an issue is that BB10 os actually does not have all such archaic limits and u can actually transparently send all data including encrypted ones over tcp/ip. providers changed their billing system to accomodate it.

that's why the blackberry.net access point exists. it is supposed to be way to IDENTIFY your preferred platform as the MTN/AIRTEL/WHOSEVER BB server.

Anything they do to affect that accesspoint affects every device that tries to use that platform access including bb10 devices.

a possible solution for them is to scrap a separate platform for bb use d same platform for all d3vices. identify connections by means of MSISDN, MAC Address or whatever it is they use to identify your modems and other devices

which will result in the old security issues such as spoofing, wrapping tcp calls in containers and expose the blackberry servers to pple attempting to steal keys from other bb devices on the same access point to send stuff through it

in summary no. RIM does not maintain servers to magically compress your data. your droids, pcs and idevices do not have anything on them by default to decompress any such data. rim does not share its encryption and compression algorithms with anyone to enable them use it.

and fyi MTN have a backbone and deep sea fibre access. they don't buy bandwidth.

etisalat has setup efficient link up to their international sat links etc. etisalatbis yet the only network that has issues during heavy rainfall.

airtel. who gives a lying Bleep abt airtel. I dunno what it is they arranged. dead company anyway.

Thank you. U really have the knowledge of it
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Mogenerous(f): 2:10pm On Jul 19, 2013
jreyez:

illiteracy is a diseases sad

Seems you are a fool

2 Likes

Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by dahfweshdude69: 2:11pm On Jul 19, 2013
yes o...dis network people are cheats...I did 500mb last week and I have just 15mb left...imagine...500mb for 2k...I no use am for 2wks sef....my sis dey do #1200 for over 2g on top her Bb...c madness o
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Mogenerous(f): 2:15pm On Jul 19, 2013
Doubting fools should go through my timeline on twitter and see for yourselves... I retweeted all mentions I got from airtel... Unless you doubting fools don't know how twitter works... Click on the link you see there if you wanna see the link airtel sent to me... The link is total rubbish to me tho... www.twitter.com/mogenerous

2 Likes

Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by lordsbiz(m): 2:19pm On Jul 19, 2013
Mogenerous:
Point of correction, I'm a lady... http://www.africa.airtel.com/wps/wcm/connect/africaairtel/nigeria/3g/home/tariff-plans/smartbyte
now more than seeing, i understand why ur link no correct. "Kisses"
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Geniusvic(m): 2:21pm On Jul 19, 2013
:-( Are these ntwrk providers taking us seriously? OR do they think we're joking around? Cos apart from bleeping Airtel, none has replied. Will it take an eternity?
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by jonesin(f): 2:23pm On Jul 19, 2013
Unitedforever:
can you please tell me the relationship between labour and telecommunications

try to b a legal practitional.

nlc are humans, dey uses android fones too, are petrol stations not run and own by individuals,are private institutions not own by individual? plus mamy privatise sector in 9ja phcn etc, get labour to help u & ur winch will b granted

labour wil go on strike 4 high cost of livin, wich includ high data charges 4 android users,dont 4get to include dstv too dey are charge naija 10.000N/month for just tv is dat one not worse dan d telecom operators lol
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 19, 2013
4llerbuntu:

Bros uve killed naid n buried. We must get tarrif reduction. Tanx

Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by wolinty247(m): 2:27pm On Jul 19, 2013
jreyez: undecided shaking head and drinking garri... blazing with my mtn magic sim cool

see this OTEH for how long do u want to sit in d dark perpetuating mischief..... and you'll continue spitting bull poo dat you want a better country yet ur a theif and a cheat... yeah I quite agree dat d network providers force we Nigerians youths into these.... but for how long will you continue to be the slow poke that's slowing down d nation.... wise up...

Fud for Tot
if u find your self in a hole..... den stop digging... find a way out....

Smh for some Nigerian youths....

1 Like

Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 19, 2013
Mogenerous: Doubting fools should go through my timeline on twitter and see for yourselves... I retweeted all mentions I got from airtel... Unless you doubting fools don't know how twitter works... Click on the link you see there if you wanna see the link airtel sent to me... The link is total rubbish to me tho... www.twitter.com/mogenerous

what airtel gave u wz the link to their usual 260mb for 1k page.
http://www.africa.airtel.com/wps/wcm/connect/africaairtel/nigeria/3g/home/tariff-plans/smartbyte
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 19, 2013
#AllDataUsersDemandFairness

1 Like

Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by kiddie(m): 2:36pm On Jul 19, 2013
guyz chill i just discovered google are creating servers using baloons its called loon project but wld be fixed all over d globe be4 d ending of dis month but lets still protest
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 19, 2013
View Jreyez's Profile
Nairaland Forum / Jreyez's Profile
Time registered: July 19,2013
Time spent online: 45 minutes

Criminal! So You Opened A New Account To Scam People Abi? Thats the same thing we are complaining about here... We are complaining that our government and network providers are killing us... AND HERE IS A NEW NAIRALANDER TRYING TO SCAM OTHERS OF THE LITTLE THEY ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT! You Thought Nairalanders Are Learners Abi?

3 Likes

Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 19, 2013
jreyez: undecided shaking head and drinking garri... blazing with my mtn magic sim cool

View Jreyez's Profile

Criminal! So You Opened A New Account To Scam People Abi? Thats the same thing we are complaining about here... We are complaining that our government and network providers are killing us... AND HERE IS A NEW NAIRALANDER TRYING TO SCAM OTHERS OF THE LITTLE THEY ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT! You Thought Nairalanders Are Learners Abi?

1 Like

Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Mogenerous(f): 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2013
exxell: View Jreyez's Profile

Criminal! So You Opened A New Account To Scam People Abi? Thats the same thing we are complaining about here... We are complaining that our government and network providers arr killing us... AND HERE IS A NEW NAIRALANDER TRYING TO SCAM OTHERS OF THE LITTLE THEY ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT! You Thought Nairalanders Are Learner's Abi?

What tha bleep... The guy is a complete retard.. His stupidity is just like peak milk and mtn's slogan, his stupidity is "in him" everywhere he goes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (38) (Reply)

Easiest Way To Download Youtube Videos On Your Phone / Itel Inote IT1701 Prime Discussion Thread / The Truth About Tecno For Those Rushing The Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.