Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,148 members, 7,890,869 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:34 PM

Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit (13221 Views)

APC, PDP Set To Clash Over Choice Of Fayose As NGF Deputy Chairman / NGF Crises Ends As Govs Adopt Amaechi As Winner Of 2013 Election / Bishop Oyedepo Said He Will Open The Gates Of Hell On Whoever Opposes GEJ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by Pk001(m): 3:49pm On Jul 18, 2013
Even the SAN is running away from his own case.
It clearly shows, he was loosing out.

3 Likes

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by born9ice: 3:50pm On Jul 18, 2013
some Aso Rock 'house boys' are talking tough.... some Aso Rock 'house boys' are talking tough....
Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by anonimi: 4:05pm On Jul 18, 2013
Pk001: Even the SAN is running away from his own case.
It clearly shows, he was loosing out.

I believe it was during the protest against Fashola's increase fo LASU fees from 25k to 250k that some of the placrads read:

Being a SAN
does not mean your SANE!!!

Fashola proves that placard right yet again with his ill-thought court action that will involve spending millions of tax paid by hardworking Lagos RESIDENTs rather than focus on

* pipeborne water
* rebuilding dilapidated schools
* clearing gutters and roadside grass/bush
* maintaining state feeder roads
etc, etc.

And the man go dey form oversabi!
SMH!!!

6 Likes

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by DeNoble1(m): 4:11pm On Jul 18, 2013
justsayemma: Fash has his personal reason 4 withdrawing,that dosnt mean Jang won d election,personally,I feel it aint wise 2 waste time n moni,in fighting a long drawn battle,over Ngf chair.jang has all d time,cos his state is peaceful n doing perfectly well.
My guy starting a fight and ending it halfway is a sign of weakness. why did he file the suit at the first place knowing very well he was going to waste his time? I thought Fashiola was flawless?

8 Likes

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by justsayemma(m): 4:22pm On Jul 18, 2013
@ D Noble,if u go into a fight n lata find out dat d fight is not worth ur time n resources,wil u go ahead n fight,so dat u wnt b seen as weak? 4 him 2 ve withdrawn,dat means he made a mistake @ d 1st place,he took d path of honor n withdrew,bt dat dosent imply Jang won,moroever we dönt his reasons yet.
Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by moodswing(m): 4:33pm On Jul 18, 2013
Someone predicted that Oga Fahola might gradually start to regain his senses by the third quarter.

Too bad he's only a lawyer and SAN by title. How could he have gone to court over a weak and stupid NGF election?.

Over zealousness usually get the Worst off people with no sense of consequence, thereby making them thread on a false sense of security.

Fashola goofed on this. He should be ashamed.

4 Likes

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by Billionaires: 4:34pm On Jul 18, 2013
Fashola has been shown the black book, of his money laundering using construction companies and other surogates, now he has gotten his sense back....You can not withdraw this case easily. You need to ask Tunde Bakare why he stopped preaching, cos his bank statements of money laundering for Tinubu, Fashola and the other governors was shown to him. Fashola, be careful, be very very careful. We know everything.

5 Likes

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by fujirice: 4:37pm On Jul 18, 2013
St_Black: SO WATS HE TRYING TO PROVE HERE?...so fashola withdrawng means he lost to him?

A OLD MAN OF HIS AGE STILL DOESNT KNOW WAT THEY CALL "MATURITY"...smh at the WITHERED OLD SCOUNDREL
Who do I blame now for this type of comment Oh..... i get it GEJ!!! Hihihihihihihihi
Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by DeNoble1(m): 4:40pm On Jul 18, 2013
justsayemma: Fash has his personal reason 4 withdrawing,that dosnt mean Jang won d election,personally,I feel it aint wise 2 waste time n moni,in fighting a long drawn battle,over Ngf chair.jang has all d time,cos his state is peaceful n doing perfectly well.
Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by IseOluwa777(m): 4:49pm On Jul 18, 2013
Wonder wonder..."Trouble dey sleep...yanga go wake am...wetin e dey find"........
Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by fujirice: 4:50pm On Jul 18, 2013
omenka: Jang keeps acting like a manatee. I've never seen anywhere 17 is greater than 19! What kind of voodoo arithmetic is that??
I hope you are not going with the flow? I was not there and I'm not sure you were there to know FIRST HAND how things went down there on the day of election. So, before you start calling people names make sure you hear from both sides.
Gawwwdd! Why can't people make there opinion(s) known these days without resorting to name callings Its sooo anoying!

3 Likes

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by uche13: 4:52pm On Jul 18, 2013
This is very simple. As a lawyer, let me explain what Fashola lawyers tried to achieve by discontinuing the suit. Jang's counsel filed a preliminary objection challenging the locus standi of Fashola to institute the suit in the first place. Locus standi means the capacity to maintain an action which means that one must be directly affected before filing a suit.

Amaechi should have been the one to file instead of Fashola. The plan was therefore to discontinue the suit so it would be struck out and give Amaechi the right to file a new suit.

However, Tayo Oyetibo SAN, I am very sure is aware of the plan hence they challenged the Notice of Discontinuance. Anyway, the court would rule that Fashola has the right to discontinue the suit and then Jang's counsel would go on appeal. Before it gets to supreme court, we would be in 2015.

Fashola's camp messed up.

7 Likes

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by fujirice: 4:58pm On Jul 18, 2013
uche13: This is very simple. As a lawyer, let me explain what Fashola lawyers tried to achieve by discontinuing the suit. Jang's counsel filed a preliminary objection challenging the locus standi of Fashola to institute the suit in the first place. Locus standi means the capacity to maintain an action which means that one must be directly affected before filing a suit.

Amaechi should have been the one to file instead of Fashola. The plan was therefore to discontinue the suit so it would be struck out and give Amaechi the right to file a new suit.

However, Tayo Oyetibo SAN, I am very sure is aware of the plan hence they challenged the Notice of Discontinuance. Anyway, the court would rule that Fashola has the right to discontinue the suit and then Jang's counsel would go on appeal. Before it gets to supreme court, we would be in 2015.

Wow! Sorry to have quoted the whole of your comment just to say 'Wow' but Wow again. Thanks for schooling us bro

1 Like

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 18, 2013
Awake9ja:

the problem with you yorubas is that you blv we MB are fools only yorubas are wise abi.
fashola has seen the foolishness in jumping into every matter. but for this case nobody go run.

am beginning to blv wat ibos are saying about you guys, bunch of chameleon.
let BRF stay put. abi yorubas are the god of the black race.
WHY is he running away from a case he initiated as supreme power.

we cant trust you guys.
147 likes........

4 Likes

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by PaulSteve: 5:16pm On Jul 18, 2013
[The NGF registered trustees are governors Babangida Aliyu, (Niger); Isa Yuguda (Bauchi); Martins Elechi (Ebonyi); Godswill Akpabio (Akwa-Ibom); Emmanuel Uduaghan (Delta) and Fashola.]
What is the criteria for electing/appointing this Board of Trustees? I see two persons from same geopolitical zone and one zone conspicuously absent..??
Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by Longeria(m): 5:18pm On Jul 18, 2013
Fashola is a stupid coward, I wonder what types of lawyers like him that graduated from university of Somalia with questionable SAN can't recognise a dead case. All of you gathering against Jonathan in seven ways will scatter in seven thousand ways.

8 Likes

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by Longeria(m): 5:40pm On Jul 18, 2013
Awake9ja:

the problem with you yorubas is that you blv we MB are fools only yorubas are wise abi.
fashola has seen the foolishness in jumping into every matter. but for this case nobody go run.

we cant trust you guys.
I'm very happy that everyone is seeing chameleon in yorubas. I regret being in same country them.
Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by Eazeee(m): 5:47pm On Jul 18, 2013
I thought d so called SAN governor should hav known better b4 rushing 2 d court? No wonder d Igbos always c dem as a weaker tribe n arse lickers of d hausa fulani. Always quick 2 beat chest but when it gets tougher they quickly betray n withdraw. Its in their blood

4 Likes

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by basilo101: 6:06pm On Jul 18, 2013
justsayemma: Those of u that says Fash is running,pls tel me what exactly he is running from? I c it as a sign of maturity,some times its good 4 us 2 retrace our steps,if we feel the fight is not productive.m really proud of Fash,cos ego n pride from our leaders has cost us a lot,or na una wan pay d lawyers?
Yet u cheer Amaechi 2 his Waterloo. God is watching u hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by anayonduba(m): 6:12pm On Jul 18, 2013
Why all the noise about a man who just displayed what he is known for. Initial gra gra....... Hope u get the pic

1 Like

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by 4Play(m): 6:20pm On Jul 18, 2013
uche13: This is very simple. As a lawyer, let me explain what Fashola lawyers tried to achieve by discontinuing the suit. Jang's counsel filed a preliminary objection challenging the locus standi of Fashola to institute the suit in the first place. Locus standi means the capacity to maintain an action which means that one must be directly affected before filing a suit.

Fashola as a sitting Governor and a member of the NGF does have locus standi as he is personally affected by the supposed attempt to hijack the vote.

If it was something as mundane as locus standi, his counsel would have disclosed this, or have I missed the disclosure?

3 Likes

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by Bushdiri(m): 6:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
Time will tell, after collecting money from River State pay master, he now wants to run away from what he started, that was the same way he(Fashola) and his corrupt Godfather Tinubu sold out Lagos State to. PDP, after much noise making,he should finish what he started.

1 Like

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by Bushdiri(m): 6:26pm On Jul 18, 2013
Time will tell, after collecting money from River State pay master, he now wants to run away from what he started, that was the same way he(Fashola) and his corrupt Godfather Tinubu sold out Lagos State to PDP
In 2011, after much noise making,he should finish what he started.
Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by emmalexabl(m): 6:48pm On Jul 18, 2013
lmao....Gov. Fashola don price a "must buy" market ooo !!!

1 Like

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by onyengbu: 7:08pm On Jul 18, 2013
[size=18pt]FASHOLA don buy Job

Now whos the retardeen? grin[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by olusola200: 8:24pm On Jul 18, 2013
19 and 16 which one is greater .
Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by whitecat007: 8:56pm On Jul 18, 2013
Big ODE!! The same Yoruba lawyer is saving your idiotic Jang who happens to be the best your land can produce from legal sword. why couldn't your entire middle belt and your surrogate ibo find jang a lawyer among your people since you don't trust us? or is it cos Yoruba do it best? You egbere gba shani!! keep running your mouth while the Fulanis are using the rest of your family members as targets at the shooting ranges. Twist

has seen the foolishness in jumping into every matter. but for this case nobody go run.

we cant trust you guys.
[/quote]
Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by onyengbu: 9:13pm On Jul 18, 2013
[size=24pt]WHERE IS EVERYBODY!!!
This topic should be hottest topic in Nigeria today, or am I missing something?

grin grin grin grin grin[/size]

1 Like

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by uche13: 9:44pm On Jul 18, 2013
@ 4 play,

No Fashola has no locus at all. Whether a sitting governor or not. He has nothing to gain personally if Jang or Amaechi is the chairman. That is one of the objection points raised by Jang's counsel which is fatal to the knowledge of Fashola's lawyer hence the decision to withdraw the suit.

Actually, the main issue raised by Jang's counsel is that if the suit is withdrawn, the court should dismiss and not strike it out.

The difference between a striking out order and a dismissal is that with the latter, you can never file the suit again. But if it is struck out, you have the right to refile.

The law is that it is only if a case is withdrawn during trial stage that the court should dismiss it.

So Fashola's counsel refused that the court dismiss the suit but it should be struck out (since they still have intention of filing a fresh one).

However all these submissions were oral which is against the rules and the court asked them to file their addresses.

The court adjourned till september because courts are going on vacation next week to resume in september.

1 Like

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by onyengbu: 10:47pm On Jul 18, 2013
uche13: @ 4 play,

No Fashola has no locus at all. Whether a sitting governor or not. He has nothing to gain personally if Jang or Amaechi is the chairman. That is one of the objection points raised by Jang's counsel which is fatal to the knowledge of Fashola's lawyer hence the decision to withdraw the suit.

Actually, the main issue raised by Jang's counsel is that if the suit is withdrawn, the court should dismiss and not strike it out.

The difference between a striking out order and a dismissal is that with the latter, you can never file the suit again. But if it is struck out, you have the right to refile.

The law is that it is only if a case is withdrawn during trial stage that the court should dismiss it.

So Fashola's counsel refused that the court dismiss the suit but it should be struck out (since they still have intention of filing a fresh one).

However all these submissions were oral which is against the rules and the court asked them to file their addresses.

The court adjourned till september because courts are going on vacation next week to resume in september.
Which one are you saying now, is it that:

1. You know law better than Senior Advocate of Lagos Nigeria?
2. Fashola was pressurized to back off?
3. Fashola is not as smart as we all think?

2 Likes

Re: Jang Opposes Fashola’s Bid To Withdraw NGF Suit by pinkguy(m): 11:34pm On Jul 18, 2013
Fas dey fear GEJ he no want watin happen for river state to happen to lagos state he no want try person way GEJ aprove

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

There Are No Political Killings In Rivers, Only Cult Clashes – Wike / FG Declares May 1 Public Holiday For Workers’ Day / Travel Abroad With Purpose Of Returning To Develop Nigeria - Kukah Tells Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.