Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,511 members, 7,904,995 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 11:48 PM

APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba (5442 Views)

Saraki: Senate Inaugurates 12-Man Committee / APC Sets Up Committee To Monitor Buhari’s Compliance With Manifesto / PDP: 11-man Committee To Investigate Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 19, 2013
The acting National Vice Chairman, South East of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief Nyerere Anyim, Wednesday in Umuahia, inaugurated a 21-man mobilization committee of the party in Abia state.

He charged the committee to move to rural communities to canvas for more membership for the party.

The membership of the committee was drawn from the merging parties, with each of the party nominating five persons while one person was centrally nominated.

Chief Anyim said that the committee was very vital to the take-off of APC in Abia State.

He noted that all 17 the local government areas of the state were represented in the committee.

“Why we are here is to agree that we are members of APC and to foster the spirit of brotherhood. That is a spirit that underlies internal democracy. We are making use of a prescribed guideline in all appointments”, Anyim said.

According to him, there was no faction in APC as “all members are moving in the same direction.

“APC has been technically registered and what we are waiting for is the certificate of registration”.

He dismissed the belief in some quarters that APC is a party for the West, stating that the party was so far the only party in the country that allocated eight principal positions to the South.

In his remarks, Chief Stanley Ohajuruka, representing Abia State in APC caucus, said that the interactive meeting was the beginning of a new thing that would happen in the state.

“APC signifies change both in orientation and attitude and that is the type of change we need in our dear state.

“We want our people to have this consciousness that they need to defend their rights as well as the sanctity of the ballot box when the time comes. It happened in Imo State and if we want to safeguard our future we will have to replicate it here”, the former House of Representatives member said.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/07/18/apc-sets-up-21-man-committee-to-mobilise-membership-in-aba/

1 Like

Re: APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba by Afam4eva(m): 12:57pm On Jul 19, 2013
I don't mind Abia going to APC. Anything that will save Abia state is ok by me.

12 Likes

Re: APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 19, 2013
Abia sure needs a saviour , it depends on who presents the better candidate and if the people truly want change.

2 Likes

Re: APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba by Meringe(m): 6:38am On Jul 21, 2013
Can't wait to see them take over Abia State.

1 Like

Re: APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba by Tolexander: 7:09am On Jul 21, 2013
In his remarks, Chief Stanley
Ohajuruka, representing
Abia State in APC caucus, said
that the interactive
meeting was the beginning
of a new thing that would
happen in the state.
Re: APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 21, 2013
Stanley Ohajuruka was Labour party gubernatorial candidate in 2011. I was also informed during my days as a van sales man in umuahia that Mr Ohajuruka was the speaker of Abia State House of Assembly from the inception of Orji Uzor Kalu's government till the end and moved to House of Representative in 2007 under PPA. Why does APC pick discarded PDP men? Party of the "angry by the anger for the annoyance" indeed

8 Likes

Re: APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 21, 2013
Ok let dem take over
Re: APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba by free2ryhme: 10:31am On Jul 21, 2013
Obiagelli: Abia sure needs a saviour , it depends on who presents the better candidate and if the people truly want change.

why wait for a saviour when you can be a saviour in your own right .... Must you wait for someone to help you achieve change be chnage in your own right
Re: APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba by abacus(m): 10:42am On Jul 21, 2013
chidindufrank: Stanley Ohajuruka was Labour party gubernatorial candidate in 2011. I was also informed during my days as a van sales man in umuahia that Mr Ohajuruka was the speaker of Abia State House of Assembly from the inception of Orji Uzor Kalu's government till the end and moved to House of Representative in 2007 under PPA. Why does APC picks discarded PDP men? Party of the "angry by the anger for the annoyance" indeed

Can you do the job? We'll employ you.

3 Likes

Re: APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba by Aromas: 10:44am On Jul 21, 2013
free2ryhme:

why wait for a saviour when you can be a saviour in your own right .... Must you wait for someone to help you achieve change be chnage in your own right

No mind d guy, I beg tell am make he leave Lagos n go back village
Re: APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba by Brimmie(m): 10:57am On Jul 21, 2013
The Journey Begins
Re: APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba by cashkid18(m): 10:58am On Jul 21, 2013
ar my on fp? Bt wait ooo dis apc is gradually take ova in d se, ist it was rochas joinin apc n nw abia state cry
Re: APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 21, 2013
free2ryhme:

Help achieve change? Yes of course by speaking truth always.

Or are you asking me to start building hospitals, road, schools, farm settlement and so on? If yes then you must be a joker
Re: APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba by Emperor007: 11:13am On Jul 21, 2013
Presidential ... is not negotiable though, APC should keep off.

1 Like

Re: APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba by Monimatic(m): 11:13am On Jul 21, 2013
Action Congress Of Nigeria(ACN),
Rivers State Secretariat,
No 1, Isaac Boro Street Old GRA,
Portharcourt, Rivers State
Tel: 08055061296
Press Release
It has come to the notice of the Action
Congress of Nigeria, Rivers state Chapter
that Mr. Lai Mohammed, National
Publicity Secretary of the party, has been
issuing statements on the unfortunate
events unfolding in Rivers state. We the
ACN in Rivers Chapter know the true
picture of events that are unfolding in
Rivers State.
And we know that in this incidence the
main culprit is Governor Rotimi Chuibike
Amaechi, who during the last
electioneering campaign and election,
sealed up the Campaign Secretariat of
Dr. Abiye Precious Sekibo, used the
Nigerian security agencies to arrest and
intimidate our members. When all this
was going on, Mr. Lai Mohammed did not
send us word of encouragement or
support, as a party in Rivers state.
Political parties have structures; starting
from the Ward level to the National
Headquarters. It is against the party’s
constitution for the National Publicity
Secretary to usurp the functions of the
party at the State, Local and Ward levels.
We as members of the ACN in Rivers
state, have never met and passed a
resolution or informed the National
Headquarters of the ACN that we want
President Goodluck Jonathan, the
Commander-in-Chief of the Federal
Republic of Nigeria, to be impeached.
Mr. Lai Mohammed should respect the
high office he holds as Publicity Secretary
of our great party.
Consequently, we the Executive and
members of the Rivers State Chapter of
the ACN totally disown the call for the
impeachment of President Goodluck
Jonathan, Commander-in-Chief of the
Armed Forces. We unanimously condemn
the hasty action and resolution passed
by one arm of the National Assembly –
the House of Representatives, to take
over the business of the Rivers State
House of Assembly.
We however commend the Nigerian
Senate for the unbiased and balanced
position it has taken to send a fact-
finding mission to Rivers State, and find
out the true position of things. We also
call on the Inspector General of Police
not to heed the one-sided call for the
deployment of Mr. Joseph Mbu the
Rivers State Commissioner of Police, as
Governor Rotimi Chuibike Amaechi had
used the police to hunt down, harassed
and intimidated members of the ACN
party of Nigeria and other opposition
parties in Rivers State.
We ask that the status-quo in Rivers
State should be maintained until the fact-
finding mission dispatched by the
Senate, arrives to ascertain the true
picture of events. We urge Rivers State
people to be law-abiding, as whatever
we do shall affect our people and not
the likes of Mr. Lai Mohammed, the
uninformed members of the House of
Representatives and their acolytes,
whose inciting statements would only
ignite more fire for us to burn.
LONG LIVE ACN,
LONG LIVE RIVERS STATE,
LONG LIVE THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OPF
NIGERIA!
Signed: Amonibia Akoko,
Secretary,
Action Congress Of Nigeria,(ACN)
Rivers State,
Re: APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 21, 2013
Aromas:

No mind d guy, I beg tell am make he leave Lagos n go back village
I just replied free2ryhme in case you didn't get it send him a a pm
Re: APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba by free2ryhme: 11:15am On Jul 21, 2013
Obiagelli:
Help achieve change? Yes of course by speaking truth always.

Or are you asking me to start building hospitals, road, schools, farm settlement and so on? If yes then you must be a joker

I have never said anything of such in your line two but what i make reference to is that those from the east only wait for others to make the first move before they join in ... Bandwagoning is order of the day is south east nigeria
Re: APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba by free2ryhme: 11:16am On Jul 21, 2013
Obiagelli:
I just replied free2ryhme in case you didn't get it send him a a pm

Are you frustrated
Re: APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba by kingarizona(m): 11:19am On Jul 21, 2013
! Mtcheeeew!! Nonsense!
Re: APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 21, 2013
free2ryhme:

I have never said anything of such in your line two but what i make reference to is that those from the east only wait for others to make the first move before they join in ... Bandwagoning is order of the day is south east nigeria
Apologies
Re: APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba by free2ryhme: 11:32am On Jul 21, 2013
Obiagelli:
Apologies

no apologies
Re: APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba by Bigflamie(m): 11:39am On Jul 21, 2013
Afam4eva: I don't mind Abia going to APC. Anything that will save Abia state is ok by me.
PDP has failed Abians, APC would perform more than that rehabilitated slowpoke.
Re: APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba by free2ryhme: 11:43am On Jul 21, 2013
Bigflamie:
PDP has failed Abians, APC would perform more than that rehabilitated slowpoke.

this is a typical example to the bandwagoning effect i talked abt earlier
Re: APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 21, 2013
free2ryhme:

Why not give your own suggestions
Re: APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 21, 2013
APC On a masterstroke Idea, was It sane enough to have a former PDP escapee in that mix?

I know its politics where 'Jumping ship' Is a tradition, but Sabotage is another thing we wouldnt want to get to terms with.
Re: APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba by Bigflamie(m): 12:15pm On Jul 21, 2013
free2ryhme:

I don't give a damn on what you think, all I'm gunning for is dividend of democracy. Their present government is nothing to write home about.
That man is actually a Dunce.
Re: APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba by free2ryhme: 12:57pm On Jul 21, 2013
Obiagelli:
Why not give your own suggestions

I did give my own 2 pennies
Re: APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba by hassey(m): 1:06pm On Jul 21, 2013
so far d contributions av bin fair. But am sure soon sum ppl will kom up wit dere blind hatred and sentiment. I can c d maturity of dos dat av shared dere tots.
Re: APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba by free2ryhme: 1:07pm On Jul 21, 2013
Bigflamie:
I don't give a damn on what you think, all I'm gunning for is dividend of democracy. Their present government is nothing to write home about.
That man is actually a Dunce.

let us come to terms with the word dividend of democracy ... Do the word truly exist in a realist sense ?

Accidental Leaders care less about you and more abt their pocket ...

The dividend of democracy you wan break your head abt, Do you know that almost all the contract were fraud and only a meagre amount was actually used in creating facade for you all to shout dividend of democracy.. .... WOuld you trully say that the South East has enjoyed true dividend of democracy ?
Re: APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 21, 2013
free2ryhme:

let us come to terms with the word dividend of democracy ... Do the word truly exist in a realist sense ?

Accidental Leaders care less about you and more abt their pocket ...

The dividend of democracy you wan break your head abt, Do you know that almost all the contract were fraud and only a meagre amount was actually used in creating facade for you all to shout dividend of democracy.. .... WOuld you trully say that the South East has enjoyed true dividend of democracy ?
Still no solutions from you. All I know is by 2015 we should have two parties giving each other a run for their money and the electorate automatically becomes the winner. It's either you perform or loose your votes. Evolution of Democracy

3 Likes

Re: APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba by free2ryhme: 1:46pm On Jul 21, 2013
Obiagelli:
Still no solutions from you. All I know is by 2015 we should have two parties giving each other a run for their money and the electorate automatically becomes the winner. It's either you perform or loose your votes. Evolution of Democracy

what solution are you looking for lol

the only solution to this madness is a revolution and not an evolution ....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. / Greed: Why Dangote Refinery May End Up Like Ajaokuta Steel / Man With 86 Wives To Sue Inec For Discrimination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.