Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,294 members, 7,932,186 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 08:27 PM

Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! (38559 Views)

Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help / Baby Born With Encephalocele In Katsina / Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by buklan4realyah(f): 9:46am On Jul 25, 2013
Probably d mother might have took some drugs during d pregnancy

which eat up some part of d baby....

ooh! poor baby
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by swstest(f): 9:47am On Jul 25, 2013
Oh my God! Wat is dis? Oh i feel 4dis little child n d parnts as wel. Pls God hlp dem.
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by Vidamia(m): 10:55am On Jul 25, 2013
Thank you all nairalanders that have contribute some useful information concern about this deformity poor child....when i contact the father of the boy yesterday, he said the boy have passed out in uch and he had been buried.....the poor boy spend 5days on earth.....and i thank moderator for bringing my topic to front page........glory be to God
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by Kingauthur: 11:02am On Jul 25, 2013
propofol: The smile train -a US based charity organization sponser cleft lip and cleft palate surgeries for free all over Nigeria. In lagos alone there are 3 centres:LUTH,IGBOBI AND LASUTH.I advice the parents to go to any of these hospitals now because the surgery is best done at infancy.[b][/b]IT IS FREE, FREE FREE. NO EXCUSE OOOOOOOOOOO

Yes this is very correct and real since they have performed for many children like that with results.
Therefore if u are still interested u can give ur email and I will send u contact that will give u positive response in few days
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by Kingauthur: 11:05am On Jul 25, 2013
Vidamia: Thank you all nairalanders that have contribute some useful information concern about this deformity poor child....when i contact the father of boy yesterday, he said the boy have passed out in uch and he had been buried.....the poor boy spend 5days on earth.....and i thank moderator for bringing my topic to front page........glory be to God

Just saw this post after posting mine.
It is well God knows the best
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by Freedani(m): 11:12am On Jul 25, 2013
U better take your big ass somewhere b4 i sound u.
jackbauersballs: WTF!

Please put a warning out there...The pics are quite gruesome...

I dont really see what is to be gained by exposing the poor kid's condition to the gawking public
hw then will i knw d problem of the litle kid if the pix is not shown?
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by texaco1: 11:14am On Jul 25, 2013
Vidamia: Thank you all nairalanders that have contribute some useful information concern about this deformity poor child....when i contact the father of the boy yesterday, he said the boy have passed out in uch and he had been buried.....the poor boy spend 5days on earth.....and i thank moderator for bringing my topic to front page........glory be to God
So so so sad ,I just hope the baby wasn't taken out ,because if they took him out on purpose ,they have made a serious mistake
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by Bmart(m): 11:52am On Jul 25, 2013
Vidamia: The pictures below is new baby boy delivered yesterday evening in one of local government in ogun state....i want nairalanders to help me gather more information concerning this deformity.....because i've search google most pictures that i saw have nose unlike this poor boy.

As i'm creating this topic this poor father is on his way to university of ibadan teaching hospital and the mother of the baby ain't the kind of baby she delivered.....
the surgery is done free here in Nigeria. I knw a doctor who does these Surgery free in Nnamdi Azikiwe teaching hospital the bill and cost of carrying this surgery are footed by the USAID and UNICEF
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by vicktaur(m): 12:01pm On Jul 25, 2013
NAWA O
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by finishing(f): 1:44pm On Jul 25, 2013
Relax there is no cause for alarm.The surgery is free in all Lagos state general hospitals.The baby would be spoonfed till surgery is done.Ensure the baby is taken to a lagos state general hospital so he/she can be shortlisted for surgery.Surgery is done about 3 months,though it can be done with weeks.It is just to ensure that baby has enough stamina.You would be surprised at how the baby would look like after sugery.
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by donmaximusade(m): 7:02pm On Jul 25, 2013
surgery for this condition is FREE in virtually all teaching hospitals in the southwest to the best of my knowledge, LUTH, LASUTH, OAUTHC, UCH, UNIBEN, just present the child at the maxillofacial surgery department of any of theses institutions, however, first surgery will not be done until the child is atleast 10 weeks old and must weigh atleast 10 pounds among a couple of other tins, advice mother to feed the child with a spoon if breastfeeding is difficult.
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by FISAYOADEX(m): 8:50pm On Jul 25, 2013
Sunday4ars:
same wit my sister,she is twenty now and d surgry was free,cost nothing,d parents have no course for alarm.all is going to b well

The SMILE train is in all the states of the federation. The surgery is free for all children and adults with congenital cleft lip and/or palate. I expect the Doctors and Nurses in that hospital to know better and refer appropriately instead of exposing the poor child unnecessarily.
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by dominique(f): 10:26pm On Jul 25, 2013
Vidamia: Thank you all nairalanders that have contribute some useful information concern about this deformity poor child....when i contact the father of the boy yesterday, he said the boy have passed out in uch and he had been buried.....the poor boy spend 5days on earth.....and i thank moderator for bringing my topic to front page........glory be to God

Oh dear, what could have happened? Last I heard, the condition is not deadly. I hope foulplay is not involved on the part of the parents or doctors. May he RIP sad
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by texaco1: 10:29pm On Jul 25, 2013
dominique:

I hope foulplay is not involved on the part of the parents or doctors sad
my first thought exactly
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by jokpulor: 10:44pm On Jul 25, 2013
Tis no big deal. Jus a minor surgery would do the magic. Thers an organisation in a couple of teachin hospitals that takes care of the bills. Smile train is the name. So just take the child to a federal teaching hospital and u'd be put thru.
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by swtme(f): 11:46pm On Jul 25, 2013
It is well wit u dear,may u get the best treatment soon
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by iamdsam: 7:59am On Jul 26, 2013
Thank God a surgery can correct this
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by toyorsiii(f): 4:36pm On Jul 26, 2013
imperiouxx: Heya! Poor baby. Well, surgery requiring skin grafting is the solution. And it should be done fast.
with d baby's corpse abi
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by hollas2jnr(m): 2:16am On Jul 27, 2013
texaco1:
my first thought exactly
Me too...

#Most times, we need to read thru threads before commenting. Medicine after 'death'!
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by imperiouxx(m): 2:21am On Jul 27, 2013
toyorsiii: with d baby's corpse abi

ehn! the kind of question that killed iya ijebu.
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by porshuch: 9:59pm On Apr 16, 2015
Pls take the baby to national orthopedic hospital enugu, the surgery is free. Ask of SMILE TRAIN, that is the name of the sponsor
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by GrandvilleMed: 12:52pm On May 20, 2015
Dear Fellow Nairalanders, Please be informed that GRANDVILLE MEDICAL & LASER also offers free surgery for patients with CLEFT LIP/PALATE.

We partnered with SMILE TRAIN to offer the surgery free of charge.

There is NO WAITING LIST and the surgery can be scheduled in a matter of days.

We are located in Surulere. You can reach us @ 090-9177-0981

Our success stories can be found on our Instagram page @grandvillemedlaser

Kindly inform your family and friend to help us spread the word so that we can help every child or adult to live a normal and comfortable life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Britain Includes Nigeria On List Of Ebola Infested Countries / Mentally Ill Patients Released From A Psychiatric Hospital In Calabar / COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says FG's Mission To Kogi Failed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.