Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,165 members, 7,880,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:28 PM

Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence (41608 Views)

Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari / Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun / North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 20, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
** Jonathan, Obasanjo in closed door meeting

* President Jonathan paid a condolence visit to the Abati family.

President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday held a closed door meeting with former President Olusegun Obasanjo in the latter’s residence in Abeokuta, Ogun State.

The visit comes amidst reports that some Peoples Democratic Party governors, led by Governor Godswill Akpabio, are making moves to settle any misunderstanding between Messrs Jonathan and Obasanjo before campaign activities for 2015 commence.

Mr. Obasanjo was a major backer of the president in 2011, but is believed to be opposed to any re-election plans for Mr. Jonathan, preferring to support a Northern candidate rumoured to be Governor Sule Lamido of Jigawa. The former president boycotted the widely publicised presentation of Mr. Jonathan’s mid-term report in May, preferring instead to attenda function by the Jigawa governor on the same day.

Dressed in a black flowing agbada and a Yoruba cap to match, President Jonathan arrived Mr. Obasanjo’s residence at about 12 p.m. in the company of Senator Grace Bent. He met with the ex-president for about one and a half hours before proceeding to the Ashero Estate residence of his spokesman, Reuben Abati, who concluded the burial of his mother on Friday.
Mr. Jonathan, who arrived Lagos on Friday for the commissioning ofa 200-unit Idinmu Police Housing Estate named after him, had flown to Lome, Togo, for a meeting of leaders of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS); before returning to Lagos same day for meetings with unnamed groups and to pass the night.

Fielding questions from journalists at Mr. Abati’s residence, Mr. Jonathan said his primary role in Abeokuta was to condole with the Abati’s, but he could not visit Abeokuta without paying a visit to Mr. Obasanjo.

“It is true we saw President Obasanjo in his house because we came here to Abeokuta to commiserate with Abati who buried his mother yesterday. And knowing that Abati’s house is at the backyard of Obasanjo’s house, it will not be good if we come and not visit him.

“Even the man himself will not be happy if we don’t visit him. I am like a son to Obasanjo,” he said.
The President remarked that he had planned to attend the Church Service after the commission of the housing estate on Friday but was unable to do so because there was the need for him to fly out to Togo to meet the President of Côte d’Ivoire, Allasane Quattara, and his Togolese counterpart, on important state matters.

He condoled with the family of Mr. Abati, whom he described as a member of his family; and advised the siblings to take solace in the fact that their mother lived beyond the biblical three score and ten.
In his remarks, Mr. Abati, who noted that the family did not expect the President since he had previously been represented by his Chief of Staff, Mike Ogiadomhe, at the burial service, expressed delight at Mr. Jonathan’s visit.

The presidential spokesman said he was happy with the life his mother lived as not many mothers would die and get their burial attended by the nation’s president

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/141358-jonathan-obasanjo-in-closed-door-meeting.html
Re: Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence by zogo(m): 9:12pm On Jul 20, 2013
i wonder how GEJ wants to win 2015 with all these enemities he's creating for himself even with Amaechi?
Re: Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence by Demdem(m): 9:13pm On Jul 20, 2013
abu12: In obj voice: agreement is agreement. You promise me and the northern governor to rule for only one tenure.

Exactly. Obj needed to remind the retardeen that he promised one tenure. That ends 2015.
Re: Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence by dollarlander: 9:13pm On Jul 20, 2013
Top_Bayo: It's only the political ignoramus that will remotely suggest that OBJ is irrelevant in the politics of 2015.

GEJ understand better than those ignorant folks...

My brother, the brain that God has endowed you will never go under, you will always be at the top. That is the brain that GEJ never had and now that he went back to OBJ, that is the greatest mistake he made from the beginning because Baba will take his pound of flesh. You know that Baba does not forgive.
Re: Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence by UjSizzle(f): 9:13pm On Jul 20, 2013
Where's bokoharam when you need them
Re: Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence by olarevo: 9:15pm On Jul 20, 2013
Agenda 2015
Re: Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence by whitecat007: 9:16pm On Jul 20, 2013
Not when they know that Obj[the devil himself] doesn't forgive or forget.
PapaBrowne: Politics at its finest.
The enemies of Jonathan wouldn't find this meeting funny.
Re: Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 20, 2013
Apart from 2015, things need to be put in place in the PDP, which only baba can do. The ongoing crisis in the party especially in its Rivers State's chapter need to be addressed. It has made GEJ lose support of people that might want him continue till 2019.
Re: Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence by lateef4me(m): 9:20pm On Jul 20, 2013
I don't care the outcome of their meeting ,but I don't wanna see Buhari's candidancy come 2015 cos his eventual loss at the post will make baboons soak in blood !
Re: Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence by kraftykc(m): 9:22pm On Jul 20, 2013
bright007: hope they are not discussing under-aged marriage?

I hope they do. It is a shame to all men of Nigerian make.
Re: Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence by GoodSamaritan: 9:24pm On Jul 20, 2013
Fellow Nigerians, pls relax. Don't panic. I live in Abeokuta. My company is very close to Obasanjo's house at Ita-eko. There is something I know about OBJ that most of you don't know.

OBJ never forgives!

Therefore, those thinking GEJ will bride his way to change OBJ's mind are kidding. Remember Atiku visited him before 2011 election to beg for forgiveness. OBJ claimed to forgive him, but still dealt with him.

My advice for GEJ is to start packing his loads from Aso Rock. Period!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence by Dee60: 9:25pm On Jul 20, 2013
Our President should focus on delivering results. This clamour for 2015 has hit a crazy and unhealthy dimension.
Re: Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence by philips70(m): 9:27pm On Jul 20, 2013
Am very much convinced he went there to wash his hands off 2015 election. Mark my words, afterall his loyalists in Nairaland say he is a honest and gentleman
Re: Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence by OAM4JisaFOOL: 9:28pm On Jul 20, 2013
GenBuhari: I have always believed that GEJ is just a figure head and that either Obasanjo or IBB are running the country.

Why does it seem that the Head of state is the person who appears to have been summoned for a meeting by Obasanjo instead of the other way round. undecided

Childish talk.
Do you know how many times OBJ prostrated for Adedibu in his house ni?
Re: Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence by point5: 9:28pm On Jul 20, 2013
Obj shuld leav 9jiria alon,,nw I kn dat xpresident is stl d president of 9ja
Re: Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence by kabba7(m): 9:30pm On Jul 20, 2013
[quote author=tempest01] whosoever wins pdp primaries is the next president of this country.

Don't give a damn weda Jona goes to OBJ or Shekau my prayers to God is to save Nnigeria from this clueless phd holder who I understand is the most corrup president\HEAD OF STATE NIGERIA HAS EVER HAD!
Re: Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence by dj187: 9:31pm On Jul 20, 2013
GoodSamaritan: Fellow Nigerians, pls relax. Don't panic. I live in Abeokuta. My company is very close to Obasanjo's house at Ita-eko. There is something I know about OBJ that most of you don't know.

OBJ never forgives!

Therefore, those thinking GEJ will bride his way to change OBJ's mind are kidding. Remember Atiku visited him before 2011 election to beg for forgiveness. OBJ claimed to forgive him, but still dealt with him.

My advice for GEJ is to start packing his loads from Aso Rock. Period!
LWKM grin
Re: Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence by AbuMikey(m): 9:31pm On Jul 20, 2013
life_style:

pdp will dissolve by 2014 angry
Bull's Eye! cheesy
Re: Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 20, 2013
point5: Obj shuld leav 9jiria alon,,nw I kn dat xpresident is stl d president of 9ja
You never read this thread's title: GEJ visited OBJ.
Re: Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence by IYANGBALI: 9:36pm On Jul 20, 2013
uj_sizzle: Where's bokoharam when you need them
they has runed away grin
Re: Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 20, 2013
go to school on leadership!

juman: Hiss.

OBJ failed woefully as president.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence by abu12: 9:42pm On Jul 20, 2013
kaorama: This should be no too much arguement about the visit. There is no way GEJ will be in Ogun state on a condolence visit to Abati family without seeing OBJ. That is courtesy and respect. We must learn to appreciate those who have gone ahead of us in the same field of life. And that is what Amechi will soon learn in a hard way.

And you forget governor godwill akpabio met obj on behalf of jona yesterday, asking obj to step in in resolving PDP crises. Jona could as well send his vice president to represent him there if really he is not in dereneed to see obj
Re: Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 20, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: A
Out of all d whole thing to write 4 dis world na "A" u see write na wa o...
Re: Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence by Validated: 9:45pm On Jul 20, 2013
lateef4me: I don't care the outcome of their meeting ,but I don't wanna see Buhari's candidancy come 2015 cos his eventual loss at the post will make baboons soak in blood !

TRUE
Re: Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 20, 2013
Politicians remains d first problem of this country take it or leave it.
Re: Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence by ThankGodEdeh(m): 9:48pm On Jul 20, 2013
No matter what happens, GEJ FOR PRESIDENT 2015.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence by orobopasiosio(m): 9:49pm On Jul 20, 2013
juman: Hiss.

OBJ failed woefully as president.

be frank, OBJ is still the best of nigerian presidents

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence by victorazy(m): 9:50pm On Jul 20, 2013
Mumu president
Re: Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence by solapex18ng: 9:50pm On Jul 20, 2013
ThankGod Edeh: No matter what happens, GEJ FOR PRESIDENT 2015.
*yinmu for you o
Re: Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence by igboboy1(m): 9:51pm On Jul 20, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
Where are the ediots claiming OBJ is not relevant?

he cant even win his ward...biko go and sit down. he is not relevant.
As an ex-president obviously there are things courtesy demands...Just like saying Gowon is relevant because i see him at almost every big weight gathering....Once an ex-presido and ex -general for that matter, they belong to a circle.

Maybe for SW na zombies full there so if obj says vote for this person then they vote for whoever he ordains. In that sense, yes obj is relevant. He is a major player in pdp but is he THE PLAYER ?...mstchewwww. pdp don pass that level.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Garba Nadama Is Dead / Security Advisory: DSS warns against Public Flaunting Of Wealth / Bomb Blast At Wuse II Abuja (Crystal Lounge)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.