Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,278 members, 7,887,806 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:10 PM

17 Senior Advocates Of Nigeria (SANs) Named - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 17 Senior Advocates Of Nigeria (SANs) Named (21030 Views)

Rickey Tarfa, Arraigned; Floods Court With 90 Sans / Question For The Advocates Of Separation / Femi Falana, Rotimi Jacobs, 23 Others Now Senior Advocates Of Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 Senior Advocates Of Nigeria (SANs) Named by usmolad(m): 8:59am On Jul 22, 2013
skyluv2000: Good, amidst Nigeria's present trauma the Judiciary is standing firm, witout any wavering,

congrats to them all.

i saw almost 5 ibos there, this shows that, that tribe is really something else.They dont slack in any field.that's good for them to regain their dignity as a fallen tribe.

For one nothern man there is not a surprise because they are far from education, and any of them that wish to be educated will end up reading, bus admin,mass com, phylosophy or at most pol.sci, so they are nt high class academic tribe.

Then for yorubas that top the list is not a surprise too,because to whom much is giving much more is expected. Wen their father Awolowo (thief) stole all nig money. During civil war to giv them free education, what do you expect to happen.

For notherners, go and hold Gowon (retardeen) responsible for ur backwardness in education, for failing on his duty to steal money too and endue you guys wit quality education like, the arm robber awolowo did.

Instead he mobilised you people for arms and ammunitions.

But for my dear ibos, i will only say that you people are great heroes,after the attempted and planned genocide by Awolowo and Gowon,we are still sprouting lke the sand in a seashore.

Igbo ga-aadir ri.
you must be mentally derailed, did u g6 to school at all? I don't think so, if so, your teachers' would have taught that awolowo introduced free education in the western region in 1955, establish the 1st television and radio station in africa, built the tallest building (cocoa house) in west africa e.t.c. These were during col6nial era. Well, i won't blame u, i'll rather blame your father who failed to gave y6u proper educati6n. I bliv your father has passed the og6gor6 cup t6 y6u, that was why y6u started saying wht y6u knew nothing abt. Mcheeeeeee.....1
Re: 17 Senior Advocates Of Nigeria (SANs) Named by Marotzke(m): 11:36am On Jul 22, 2013
tpia@:
Wbb.

Godwin oblah is idoma, from benue state. Idomas are currently celebrating his being the first idoma to hold such a position.

Olumide sofowora i guess might be ogun or lagos

Anthony anaegwu seems to be enugu, not sure.

Biriyai dambo must be ijaw, from the name. Not sure which state.

Uko udom is calabar, not clear which state.

Awomolo could be osun, lagos or ogun. However, thats not her maiden name so its the husband who might be from one of those states.
You may wish to restrict yourself to Yoruba or Acn comments . On Igbo names, when ever you see Ana , the person most probably is from Anambra state, as in Anthony Anaenugwu from Enugwukwu in Anambra state. Ani is predominant in Enugu state. Ikechukwu Ani , Attorney general Enugu state. Ala probably is from Imo or Abi state . Alagboso, Alajemba etc.[/quote]
Re: 17 Senior Advocates Of Nigeria (SANs) Named by SANdos: 1:17am On Jul 23, 2013
Shamedje
Jiteshell: Congrats Prof. Atsegbua. U really deserve it. #greatman#
Re: 17 Senior Advocates Of Nigeria (SANs) Named by SANdos: 1:21am On Jul 23, 2013
Yeah! he's mind-blowing with his hand tucked always in his pocket
blackpanda:

Me too! I had a crush on the sexy bastardd with one arm!
Re: 17 Senior Advocates Of Nigeria (SANs) Named by tpia5: 1:26am On Jul 23, 2013
Marotzke: You may wish to restrict yourself to Yoruba or Acn comments . On Igbo names, when ever you see Ana , the person most probably is from Anambra state, as in Anthony Anaenugwu from Enugwukwu in Anambra state. Ani is predominant in Enugu state. Ikechukwu Ani , Attorney general Enugu state. Ala probably is from Imo or Abi state . Alagboso, Alajemba etc.

you were nowhere to be found when i initially asked for the states of origin however!

perhaps fear of the big mouths on the thread did not let you post then?

However, thanks for the info!
Re: 17 Senior Advocates Of Nigeria (SANs) Named by tpia5: 1:28am On Jul 23, 2013
Celebrations as Godwin Obla becomes first Idoma SAN

There was wide jubilation across the Idoma nation during the weekend following the emergence of seasoned legal practitioner and EFCC lawyer, Godwin Obla as a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, SAN, the first person to have attained such status in Idoma land.

Obla, alongside seventeen other Nigerian lawyers, including Ms. Olufunke Aboyade, an Editor at Thisday Newspaper, the Attorney General of Enugu State, Mr. Anthony Ikechukwu Ani,were on Friday appointed as Senior Advocates of Nigeria.

The Secretary to the Legal Practitioners Privileges Committee, Mr Sunday Olorundahunsi who announced the names of the new SAN awardees, said they would be inaugurated at a latter date.

Others include; Adele Eberechi, Olumide Sofowora, Uko Udom, Suraj Sa’Eda, Anthony Anaenugwu, Joe Abrahams, Akinlolu Timothy Kehinde, Prof Lawrence Asekome Atsegbua, Biriyai Dmabo, Chukwuma-Machukwu Ume, Olalekan Fatai Yusuf, Moyosore Jubril Onigbanjo, Aliyu Maitasamu Abdullahi and Victoria Olufunmilayo Awomolo.

Prior to their emergence, they were among the 44 senior lawyers short-listed for interview for the award.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/07/21/celebrations-as-godwin-obla-becomes-first-idoma-san/
Re: 17 Senior Advocates Of Nigeria (SANs) Named by tpia5: 1:33am On Jul 23, 2013
his interview:

You schooled in the South-West and you stood out, what is the magic behind it?

I think then you needed to stand out on merit. People are not interested where you came from as long as they perceived you are the right person for anything. Let me give you another example.

When I applied to Unilag, I didn’t know anybody at Unilag, I took my result to the faculty and submitted my application and within four days I was admitted. I didn’t talk to anybody, I didn’t know anybody. That was the first time I came to Lagos in my life. I was admitted, I didn’t need to beg anybody, and they just looked at my result and admitted me and so many others. Frank Onward, who I met at Unilag on the first day, was from Rivers, he didn’t know anybody in Lagos.

Senator Effiong Bob was from Akwa Ibom, he didn’t know anybody in Lagos. The university admitted them on merit. They didn’t need to know any big man, they didn’t need to bring any letter, and they didn’t need to influence anything. When I came out for the student union election, I had a lot of people who supported me during my campaign. I also had people that had anxieties about me coming out, they said I was a bit radical and stuffs like that. They thought they were going to have problem with the student union. At the end of the day the election was done. I contested against two Yoruba chaps. One was forced to step down for the other. I still defeated the other one. Who are the people campaigning for me? A lot of them were Yoruba chaps, too.

There was nothing like tribalism, it was more of persuasion on issues. I wish Nigeria is a reflection of those days today. Even in electoral matters, you don’t need to vote for people because they are from your place or because they are from your region. You vote for people that will make your life better.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/business/i-started-my-practice-with-two-suits-godwin-obla/
Re: 17 Senior Advocates Of Nigeria (SANs) Named by malachytochukwu(m): 2:41am On Jul 23, 2013
liberty300: Finaly, an igbo is included this time..just one
. dude where are you from? there are 4 igbos there pls

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" / PORT HARCOURT: Who Changed The Names From Umu To Rumu And Why / Doyin Okupe Blasts Nigerians On Twitter For His Commendation Of EFCC Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.