Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,872 members, 7,886,343 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 08:33 AM

An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage (24418 Views)

8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night / 11Year Old Yemeni Girl Nada Al-Ahdal Flees Home To Avoid Forced Marriage (VIDEO) / An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage by kolanpas(m): 12:11pm On Jul 22, 2013
am christain my postors are busy raping minors but i condem muslim wanting to marry her if she will to b married.As for islam on marriage, islam did not put any age for marriage,it is only when 3 condition are met b4 she can marry: 1)she must be emotionally ok i.e she must to tell whom she love and whom she does not love which means husband should nt b force on her 2) she must have what u can c in girl to call her lady eg breast fully grown e.t.c 3)she must be interllectual i.e she can different right frm wrong

2 Likes

Re: An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage by Okijajuju1(m): 12:13pm On Jul 22, 2013
tintingz: [size=28pt]NO!! Quran only said when a girl reaches puberty stage and physical matured

Child marriage is a CULTURE thing a norm in africa, asia, america, europe in the past[/size]

I hope you are aware that some girls hit puberty early..

Some girls start mensurating as low as 9 years old.

Maturity is in the eye of the determiner...

Simply shut down this law. If she isnt of age to vote, then she isnt of age to be married.. #SIMPLE!

1 Like

Re: An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage by igbeke: 12:17pm On Jul 22, 2013
tintingz: [size=28pt]NO!! It's a CULTURE thing a norm in africa, asia, america, europe in the past[/size]
where did u get ur facts from?
in my part of d country, an offence like dis is termed a sacrilege. do u kno d consequence?
d powers dat be will destroy u in no time.

1 Like

Re: An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage by ebenice(m): 12:21pm On Jul 22, 2013
at first i thougt it was a rumour..untill i over heard two aboki's sayin if its11-13 is ok..i dnt actualy know wat dey r talkin about but am sure its sumones daughter...then i quikly ran home to lock my cousin sister @home..i was abt leavin BUT lo n bhold two abokis flashin brown teeths @ me sayin "wataf ya sista..i get am for a gift fa ha".....WHAT WILL U DO IF THIS HAPPEN TO U IN REAL LIFE?

1 Like

Re: An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 22, 2013
Awww.. Such a cute girl
Re: An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage by johnstar(m): 12:21pm On Jul 22, 2013
If everybody dey protest, make ibo men no join undecided, bcus na dm dey involve in child marriage, 'em go collect bride price 4 der pikin @ age 8 self undecided
Re: An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage by tintingz(m): 12:25pm On Jul 22, 2013
Okija_juju:

I hope you are aware that some girls hit puberty early..

Some girls start mensurating as low as 9 years old.

Maturity is in the eye of the determiner...

Simply shut down this law. If she isnt of age to vote, then she isnt of age to be married.. #SIMPLE!
see the below answer

kolanpas: am christain my postors are busy raping minors but i condem muslim wanting to marry her if she will to b married.As for islam on marriage, islam did not put any age for marriage,it is only when 3 condition are met b4 she can marry: 1)she must be emotionally ok i.e she must to tell whom she love and whom she does not love which means husband should nt b force on her 2) she must have what u can c in girl to call her lady eg breast fully grown e.t.c 3)she must be interllectual i.e she can different right frm wrong

^^ Thank you for this smiley
Re: An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage by mesmer: 12:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
Don Demu:
E pass booobs?
I said it, u never av anything constructive to say.. U're simply a hopeless case.
Re: An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage by freshblazine(f): 12:32pm On Jul 22, 2013
Don Demu: Abeg see fresh matured person like this una they sey make we no marry. Tell me the number of inches you can have down their that d girl in this video no go fit take? Must you guys beef everything Islam?
You be ashamed of your self for writting this comment,you can as well marry a two year old all in the name of religion.
This is just babaric

3 Likes

Re: An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage by MiloRambaldi(m): 12:38pm On Jul 22, 2013
kolanpas: am christain my postors are busy raping minors but i condem muslim wanting to marry her if she will to b married.As for islam on marriage, islam did not put any age for marriage,it is only when 3 condition are met b4 she can marry: 1)she must be emotionally ok i.e she must to tell whom she love and whom she does not love which means husband should nt b force on her 2) she must have what u can c in girl to call her lady eg breast fully grown e.t.c 3)she must be interllectual i.e she can different right frm wrong

Nice. Please show where in the Quran these 3 conditions are stated.
Re: An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage by tintingz(m): 12:42pm On Jul 22, 2013
igbeke:
where did u get ur facts from?
in my part of d country, an offence like dis is termed a sacrilege. do u kno d consequence?
d powers dat be will destroy u in no time.
Do your research

Child marriage and child betrothal customs occur in
various times and places, whereby children are given
in matrimony - before marriageable age as defined by
the commentator and often before puberty. Today
such customs are fairly widespread in parts of Africa,
Asia, Oceania and South America: in former times it
occurred also in Europe. It is frequently associated
with arranged marriage. In some cases only one
marriage-partner is a child, usually the female, due to
importance placed upon female virginity,
the
perceived inability of women to work for money and to
women's shorter reproductive life relative to men's.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_marriage

u said its not permitted in islam. so tell me, how old was Aisha wen Mohammed married her?
There are many narrates history behind her age... To my research she was betrothed early but consummated at the age of 18-20 years old...
Re: An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage by deebrain(m): 12:45pm On Jul 22, 2013
funny country with questionable leaders. I think more muslims should speak up against all this rubbish. People use islam to justify so many evil things. First boko now this animal in human skin. Dem no even dey shame. angry
Re: An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage by igbeke: 12:47pm On Jul 22, 2013
shut up. u r not a christian. i can smell it from afar. not even a church-goer wud reason head-downward as dis. u r only looking 4 dos dat will tink along ur line, but u've failed.
aside dis, i am convinced dat most Yoruba muslims will not share ur ideas on dis.

2 Likes

Re: An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage by kolanpas(m): 12:51pm On Jul 22, 2013
the world youngest mother is 5yr 7month old nina mina,she is perian(country peru).i think we generally believe the at which human being develop are different. u
Re: An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage by tintingz(m): 12:51pm On Jul 22, 2013
igbeke:
shut up. u r not a christian. i can smell it from afar. not even a church-goer wud reason head-downward as dis. u r only looking dos dat will tink along ur line, but u've failed.
aside dis, i am convinced dat most Yoruba muslims will not share ur ideas on dis.
I'm a yoruba muslim, he said it right smiley
Re: An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage by thaoriginator: 12:54pm On Jul 22, 2013
m.esther96:
Jesus shyt!
Re: An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage by igbeke: 12:57pm On Jul 22, 2013
Re: An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage by coastalqueen: 1:01pm On Jul 22, 2013
johnstar: If everybody dey protest, make ibo men no join undecided, bcus na dm dey involve in child marriage, 'em go collect bride price 4 der pikin @ age 8 self undecided
Umu-Agbara tagbukwe gi! where did you hear this lie from? you just wake up from no where to fabricate lies. After you people would say you are not tribalistic. Ewu kambia
Re: An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage by igbeke: 1:04pm On Jul 22, 2013
tintingz:
Do your research

Child marriage and child betrothal customs occur in
various times and places, whereby children are given
in matrimony - before marriageable age as defined by
the commentator and often before puberty. Today
such customs are fairly widespread in parts of Africa,
Asia, Oceania and South America: in former times it
occurred also in Europe. It is frequently associated
with arranged marriage. In some cases only one
marriage-partner is a child, usually the female, due to
importance placed upon female virginity,
the
perceived inability of women to work for money and to
women's shorter reproductive life relative to men's.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_marriage

There are many narrates history behind her age... To my research she was betrothed early but consummated at the age of 18-20 years old...
wud u give out ur daughter's (10yrs) hand in marriage at d expense of her education?
wud u hav forgiven ur parents 2day if u were a girl dat was disposed off at 12; hence u cudn't get all d priviledges u r enjoying 2day, eg d use of d internet?
Re: An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage by MiloRambaldi(m): 1:05pm On Jul 22, 2013
tintingz: I'm a yoruba muslim, he said it right smiley
Back it up from the Quran, then.
Re: An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 22, 2013
johnstar: If everybody dey protest, make ibo men no join undecided, bcus na dm dey involve in child marriage, 'em go collect bride price 4 der pikin @ age 8 self undecided
Tell them!!!
Re: An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage by kolanpas(m): 1:11pm On Jul 22, 2013
if a lady is mentally phycally psycologically & interllectully matured & she is not up to 18, u prefre her to fornicate than to marry. Is that not amount to depriving her of right, or what is human right . Average nigeria girl in d university are 15. No wonder why illicit sex are d order of d day in d world we are, and God keep introducing new deedly diseases that our for fathers never heard of.All this people that are saying baby fucker,they are d öne having them as girlfriends and having sex with them(i think dat one is right in yor own veiw).mayb u dont get message of yerima, allow them 2 marry if they want,& not force to marry
Re: An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage by Archildao: 1:12pm On Jul 22, 2013
tintingz: [size=28pt]NO!! Quran only said when a girl reaches puberty stage and physical matured

Child marriage is a CULTURE thing a norm in africa, asia, america, europe in the past[/size]

so was the killing of twins and female genital mutilation a tradition.But it was later put to stop.CHILD MARRIAGE MUST BE PUT TO A STOP TOO!

1 Like

Re: An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage by slimyem: 1:13pm On Jul 22, 2013
pretty girl. Any sane human should be touched by her words buy I doubt our eejit senators would be
Re: An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 22, 2013
If anyone sees yerima on any street, pls kill him with extreme prejudice angry
Re: An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage by Orythoke: 1:14pm On Jul 22, 2013
lipsrsealed s.o.w
Re: An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage by talk2s(m): 1:15pm On Jul 22, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
Pedophiilles hiding under religions are nothing but soulless child rapiiist..every single one of them should be killed without

exception....Any grown man that sticks his penissss inside of an 11 year old baby should be tortured, rapeed, then killed

by lions. I dont care what Mohamed, Quran, Allah, or the bibles says you are a damn child rapiiist and dont deserve to live

period.....Imagine a country where a senator can marry a 13 year old baby and not be sent to prison but still keep his

seat and praised by idiiots....if any of you damn pedophiiile ever touch my daughter in anyway ill gut you like a pig with a

dull knife.....Nigeria makes me sick...bunch of useless religious people..

I would probably 'LIKED' your remarks but not for your indecent reference to the Bible.
May I ask you, and all other Nairalanders who are in the habit of this nature to note that the Holy Bible does not support, encourage or promote any and all forms of immorality.
Desist from it.
ThankU.
Let's now call a spade so, 'child -Marriageis immoral !

1 Like

Re: An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage by Archildao: 1:16pm On Jul 22, 2013
kolanpas: if a lady is mentally phycally psycologically & interllectully matured & she is not up to 18, u prefre her to fornicate than to marry. Is that not amount to depriving her of right, or what is human right . Average nigeria girl in d university are 15. No wonder why illicit sex are d order of d day in d world we are, and God keep introducing new deedly diseases that our for fathers never heard of.All this people that are saying baby fucker,they are d öne having them as girlfriends and having sex with them(i think dat one is right in yor own veiw).mayb u dont get message of yerima, allow them 2 marry if they want,& not force to marry

please keep sentiment apart.Dnt let religious sentiments to cloud your mind.Is child marriage the only solution to prostitution and promiscuity?you cannot correct wrong with wrong!
Re: An 11-year-old Yemeni Girl On Child Marriage by tintingz(m): 1:19pm On Jul 22, 2013
MiloRambaldi: Back it up from the Quran, then.
Quran: "O ye who believe! Ye are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should ye treat them with harshness, that ye may take away part of the dower [money given by the husband to the wife for the marriage contract] ye have given them, except where they have been guilty of open lewdness; on the contrary live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If ye take a dislike to them it may be that ye dislike a thing, and God brings about through it a great deal of good. ( Quran, 4:19)"

No force marriage in Islam smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Russia, Ukraine Agree On Humanitarian Corridors In Second Round Of Talks / Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses / Hillary Clinton Is Democratic Presidential Nominee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.