Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,499 members, 7,929,629 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 06:15 PM

I Need Advice On This 3 Options - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I Need Advice On This 3 Options (770 Views)

How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options / Grab This 3-in-1 A4 Printer( Scan, Print, Copy)with Ink Solution Feeding System / I Need Advice On A Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice On This 3 Options by edgecution(m): 4:14pm On May 25, 2008
I have 3 options to buy a laptop, which one is the best ?

1. HP PAVILLION DV9770EA, INTEL CORE 2 DUO T8100, 2.1 GHz, 4096MB/DDR2 SDRAM [ 2DIMM], 250GB HHD,WLAN 802.11a/b/g 17'' WXGA High Definition Brightview, DVDRW/CDRW with Double Layer, Bluetooth, Remote Control, TV Tuner, Fingerprint,Webcam, WINDOWS VISTA PREMIUM.== =N=200,000.00

2. HP PAVILLION DV2799EA, INTEL CORE 2 DUO T9300, 2.5 GHz, 4096MB/DDR2 SDRAM [ 2DIMM], 250GB HHD,WLAN 802.11a/b/g 14.1'' WXGA High Definition Brightview, DVDRW/CDRW with Double Layer, Bluetooth, Remote Control, Fingerprint,Webcam, WINDOWS VISTA PREMIUM.== =N=220,000.00

3. SONY VAIO VGN SZ61MN/B, INTEL CORE 2 DUO 2.0 GHz, 2048MB/ GO DDR2 SDRAM , 120GB HHD,WLAN 802.11a/b/g 13.3'' WXGA XBlack LCD with double lampDVD+/RW/R, Bluetooth, Webcam, WINDOWS VISTA BUSINESS =N=200,000

PLZ UR ADVICE ON THE BEST ONE IS NEEDED AND THE REASONS. THANKS.
Re: I Need Advice On This 3 Options by inze(m): 1:23pm On May 27, 2008
if it were me, i sure would go for the second option,

well, i guess thats why it aint me grin grin but frankly speaking, the second option is cool, all the processors are both cool but the second has a better processor speed. It all depend on how much you want to spend and what you want the system for, but judging HP, all those listed system are "entertainment Consoles"

Inze
Re: I Need Advice On This 3 Options by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 27, 2008
the first one, cause it has a 17" screen.but it will be heavy. what you need to confirm is the video card. is it nvidia , ati or ( tongue) intel. and how many mb of video memory.

dont go near the sony - wtf do i want with a 13.3 inch monitor? tongue .

i'm suprised that the system comes with 4gb of ram - most off the shelf laptops ship with 2gb of ram.

the big question is - what do you do? do you game? do you do 3D design? because if you dont u may be spending big money to watch dvds better watched on a televison. i should know- i gave a colleague specs for 2.0ghz, 17 inch, 2gb ram, 512mb nvidia card , hp pavilion - and what does the guy do with it - watch dvds. a complete 100% waste of money. the laptop's only function was oppressing peeps and watching movies.
Re: I Need Advice On This 3 Options by TmeD0(m): 9:46pm On May 27, 2008
Everyone has pretty much answered your question but the main determinant is exactly what do you want to use it for.  If you're going to use a lot of graphic intensive programs, i.e. games, 3D designs and so on, I'd recommend the 2nd specs.  Personally, I do not fancy the idea of hauling around a huge ass 17" notebook .  Besides, the specs for the second one is slightly better than the first one but if you're on a budget, then go for the 1st one.  I'd stay away from the Sony because I personally think they're always over-priced and under-specs ( grin if there's such word).  it's up to you what you want to use the notebook for.  Again, make sure you're getting a Nvidia or ATI video card on the notebook; not too fond of intel's video cards (I think they should just stick with processors).  Good luck! Peace!
Re: I Need Advice On This 3 Options by inze(m): 10:34am On May 28, 2008
i guess its up to him now
Re: I Need Advice On This 3 Options by TmeD0(m): 8:30pm On May 28, 2008
inze:

i guess its up to him now
Yeah, I guess.  Let's hope we haven't wasted our time trying to help him make an informed decision sha.
Re: I Need Advice On This 3 Options by joekayode: 8:43pm On May 28, 2008
though the decision is up to you but what deternmines the one you are going to pick is "what did you want to use the computer for?", your pocket status? your mobility, your carrying power ( thinking of heaviness for the 17"wink

Check out all these and some other considerations before you make your decision. i think i help, but you can also call me on 08050602370, 08068611831 for more information i will be ready to help!

for Latest information and updates on Computers, Internet, and other descipline(s) visit http://paediatech.tradepub.com for FREE subsciption and have the latest training info delivered to your mail box every day! FREEEEEEEE!

you can also visit : www.paediatechnologies.tk, www.komputareflections..com, www.onlinecashfast..com. Enjoy!
Re: I Need Advice On This 3 Options by Delta007(m): 9:33pm On May 28, 2008
Wow. . .N200k for a pavilion? They aint even tablets nor do they have blu-ray shocked .

My recommendation: NONE.
Reason: Overly priced [s]but if u are a senator or governor that don't know what to use our money for, feel free to go for #2[/s]!!!

Email me at sales@jonitivecomputers.com; I'd hook you up with something nice for you money's worth!
Re: I Need Advice On This 3 Options by chinosxl(m): 5:01am On May 29, 2008
@edgecution,

If u need a good laptop let me know bro. I will be shipping some to naija by next week. IF this laptop is for every day use Paying 200k to 220k is a waste of dough ma man, holla.
Re: I Need Advice On This 3 Options by ariy(m): 5:15pm On May 29, 2008
I support chinosxl and Delta007, pls don't waste ur money. u can still get better laptop with lower price compare to those Pavillion
Re: I Need Advice On This 3 Options by TmeD0(m): 7:43pm On Jun 02, 2008
It appears those notebook are overly priced according several posters on here. Well, forgive me for suggesting any of the notebook because I have no idea the price ranges of notebooks in naija. At any rate, if what some of the posters are saying is true, then don't waste your money on those notebooks. Peace!
Re: I Need Advice On This 3 Options by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 03, 2008
if u are still living in 1999 then welcome to your past life. All system spec above should be btw 145k - 160k. 4 sony vaio keep off cool

Get the Wednesday Guardian and u will know what am saying. N 4 those asking for ur dole, plz they will milk u unless u are willing to dole it out without checking the above newspaper cool cool
Re: I Need Advice On This 3 Options by brume2020: 1:20am On Jun 16, 2008
Did you get your laptop yet?.

I am sure you have already been provided very good advice to facilitate buying your laptop. For the benefit of anyone who may in the future read this thread, I wanted to add that I think that after zeroing in on a specific laptop, anyone looking to buy a laptop should always always do some of their own legwork/research to estimate what might be the retail value of any item they intend to purchase. You need this information to ensure you are not paying too high a price.

In your particular case those laptops are european models so I am not familiar with UK prices and sources. But it appears HP UK had one of them (#1) on sale at some point for 899 pounds.

www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/ho/WF06b/21675-38187-38191-38191-38191-81140621-81582085.html">http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/ho/WF06b/21675-38187-38191-38191-38191-81140621-81582085.html

I don't know what the excahnge rate is now to the GBP but 899 pounds converted to =N=206K approx using the current rate from XE.COM (1 GBP = 229.506 NGN ). This is already higher than the sale offer price you received for that laptop. Perhaps they were available at a much lower price earlier on?.

Anyhow, hope this helps someone else looking to buy.

peace,

Brume

(1) (Reply)

Pc Help / The Secret Of Auto Card / High Powered Wifi Equipment Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.