Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,149 members, 7,880,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:04 PM

My Dilemma: Shopping On‏ Taafoo.com - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Dilemma: Shopping On‏ Taafoo.com (4995 Views)

My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! / WARNING!Read this if You Are using or about using TAAFOO.COM Bulk Sms Portal / HELP With Shopping On Aliexpress.com!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dilemma: Shopping On‏ Taafoo.com by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 22, 2013
Hello Guys,

I think its best I let the Nigerian populace know what I am experiencing with Taafoo.com. On this fateful day, I saw their ad on Nairaland and then went to their website to make the purchase... 3 shirts to be precise. While placing the order, I stated the size to be size L and when it was delivered, I thought within myself that it should be what I've ordered for in as much as it is still same shirt I expected them to bring me the exact size as stated online.

Two of the shirts are already opened and pack disposed off(one dirty), while the other one still in the pack. Well I needed the cloth and it is still intact so no cause for alarm. I got home, washed the cloth to make it look good. Ironed the shirts and to my surprise, got to know that I was sent a smaller size... Size M. What the heck

I have been trying to call them or send them an email since last week to know what needs to be done. In short, they must send me another shirt and this time precisely size M...

As their customer service responds, I will update this thread so you guys can know what is going on.
Re: My Dilemma: Shopping On‏ Taafoo.com by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 22, 2013
Without wasting too much time, I also sent then another email this morning and till now no reply has been received. A placed a call and thank God this time, someone picked the last of the three numbers I got on their website. I explained the issue to her and she said I have to bring the shirt to their office.

Please help me oh... You came online to ease stress and now you want to stress me on some mistake made by you guys? I was surprised that you have a courier that dropped this at my office... just tell him to come pick it up for a replacement. There is no way I think I can get time to go to the mainland during work hours and my Saturdays are strictly by invitation. She then promised talking to her boss and someone will call me or sorts of...
Re: My Dilemma: Shopping On‏ Taafoo.com by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 22, 2013
Like an hour and few minutes later, a lady called me asking me confirming she saw my mail and then asking me to narrate the whole story again (See gospel chaser)... I then did the whole narration again. She asked if I still have the shirt labels... As in what? Are you expecting me to wash the shirts with the tags on? Abegi... So because of that, she needs to talk to their superior and get back to me within 48hours.

I am still expecting to hear from them but come to talk of it guys, are they expecting me to pay for their error?
Re: My Dilemma: Shopping On‏ Taafoo.com by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 22, 2013
Some few minutes ago, I got a friendly call from one of their customer representatives, asking me to return the shirts. She sounds so friendly than Tafoo.com itself as she is even trying to see if the courier can come and pick this item up from my end.

But lets wait and see as she asks me to call her tomorrow to confirm if this can be done. If not, we have to look for a way to return the item to them one way or the other.
Re: My Dilemma: Shopping On‏ Taafoo.com by Yahoooo: 6:48pm On Jul 23, 2013
I have shopped with them a number of times, and typically they will just exchange the items for you. Best to reach them via email or SMS as their phones are known to be notoriously busy. Lets know how it goes.
Re: My Dilemma: Shopping On‏ Taafoo.com by Taafoocom: 7:01pm On Jul 23, 2013
Sir, We sincerely apologise for the inconveniences. As discussed over the phone and when you visited to return the shirts, your taafoo account has been credited with the exact amount you paid for the shirts which as you were told can always be used anytime you want to shop with us. We do appreciate your patronage and would avoid future recurrence. Thank you and we hope you still shop with us again
Re: My Dilemma: Shopping On‏ Taafoo.com by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 24, 2013
Yeah... It happened as exactly as that. But I hope when I have login, it should be there waiting to be used.

If this is the way its meant to work, [s]then Taafoo is in Nigeria to work and lets all patronize them[/s].

Thanks
Re: My Dilemma: Shopping On‏ Taafoo.com by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 24, 2013
Tried logging on to check the account as you've said but could not log in. I have sent an email to customercare@taafoo.com for a new password as advised on the website...

As it progresses, I will update this thread.

thanks
Re: My Dilemma: Shopping On‏ Taafoo.com by Taafoocom: 6:20pm On Jul 24, 2013
Hello Olanrewaju, you do not need to log in to access the credit in your account. All you have to do is make an order for the items you want to purchase with your credit and send a mail requesting that your credit be used for the new order. The order would be processed immediately and would be delivered to you within 1-2 business days.Very simple smiley
Re: My Dilemma: Shopping On‏ Taafoo.com by godello: 11:11pm On Jul 24, 2013
Tafoo i want to open a retail boutique using you as supplier,in calabar. How feasible could this be? And secondly i dont wish to be in lagos for all my purchases thanks.
Re: My Dilemma: Shopping On‏ Taafoo.com by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:38am On Jul 25, 2013
they sell fake H&C shirts though, had a mad issue early 2012. it never got sorted out cos they said it was original angry
Re: My Dilemma: Shopping On‏ Taafoo.com by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 25, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt: they sell fake H&C shirts though, had a mad issue early 2012. it never got sorted out cos they said it was original angry

There was a time I nearly fell for that. I had to call them to confirm if the shirt was real and was told its a NIGERIAN replica.

More so, I sent them an email and up till now, I have not heard anything from them.
Re: My Dilemma: Shopping On‏ Taafoo.com by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 25, 2013
Called them some few minutes ago... Very poor customer service that does not know what communication is either on phone or via email.

In all my years in the ecommerce world, you guys will be the very first answering using yes.... ok.... is that all Even though you know something... even though you are busy, dont let it show off to the customer and let the customer know that you are on the same page. There are free lectures you can take online on communicating with your customers.

You cant maintain a high online profile with bad customer experience mind you....

I was at your store to make a return and for over 48 hours, Ive got no email, no text and not even a call to inform me that it has been successfully received as if I gave the items to a ghost. Gosh! and on phone telling me is that all I want? Cry baby just shut up and eat this up scenario... is that all you want? Okay . bye...

I bet if I will even use the credit to buy something for myself... You guys are full of shit and you will eat ur poo
Re: My Dilemma: Shopping On‏ Taafoo.com by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 25, 2013
Taafoo.com:
Hello Olanrewaju, you do not need to log in to access the credit in your account. All you have to do is make an order for the items you want to purchase with your credit and send a mail requesting that your credit be used for the new order. The order would be processed immediately and would be delivered to you within 1-2 business days.Very simple smiley

Taafoo,

I raised this thread to let the Nigerians know what you guys are doing and not to falsify things here as if you are working. You ain't replying my mails and you are talking poo here... Shift abeg
Re: My Dilemma: Shopping On‏ Taafoo.com by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 26, 2013
You said I should order something and inform you by sending an email. I have ordered since yesterday...(Even though they are just gifts i intend giving to my neibhbour's children cos I am single... and I DONT want to leave the money with you guys)... I sent you guys an email and up till now, I have not gotten any response from you people...

Maybe I need to send a reminder, which I will do now.
Re: My Dilemma: Shopping On‏ Taafoo.com by texaco1: 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2013
ledafaze: You said I should order something and inform you by sending an email. I have ordered since yesterday...(Even though they are just gifts i intend giving to my neibhbour's children cos I am single... and I DONT want to leave the money with you guys)... I sent you guys an email and up till now, I have not gotten any response from you people...

Maybe I need to send a reminder, which I will do now.
Na wah oo,you really mean this people oo.they must have really offended u big time
Re: My Dilemma: Shopping On‏ Taafoo.com by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 26, 2013
They sent a response at around 10:34AM but didnt get the mail alert sound... my bad... So, they said some of the items I ordered from their website stated available is NOT really available in their store... so I have to make some other replacements, which I did...

That is all.
Re: My Dilemma: Shopping On‏ Taafoo.com by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 26, 2013
texaco1:
Na wah oo,you really mean this people oo.they must have really offended u big time

It is normal for hitches to happen in business operation but DONT EVER let it happen in customer service. They are the image. Even though you have bad products/services to render, the customer service reps can change the whole thingy and bury a good idea in the mind of the customer and once the idea inception occurs, its Bravo!

That are -3 out of 5 in customer service.
Re: My Dilemma: Shopping On‏ Taafoo.com by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 26, 2013
Whao,

Just got a response from their customer service team. That was fast... but come to think of it... If not this thread, will they have changed? I am sure they have leart their lessons and probably they are using ZendDesk for free so they can afford to slack down more than much.

Expecting the order by Tuesday. Lets hope so.
Re: My Dilemma: Shopping On‏ Taafoo.com by ranksz: 4:48pm On Jul 26, 2013
My guy your ranting is very unecessary. Its now looking as if you have been paid to tarnish their image.

Why on earth would someone only discover the size of a shirt after washing? do you have to wash before you see the label?

Were you confused when you were typing this? You said they sent you size M instead of L but now you are insisting they send you M. what tha hell

I have been trying to call them or send them an email since last week to know what needs to be done. In short, they must send me another shirt and this time precisely size M...

If not for stupidity, will you ordinarily expect any seller to refund or replace a shirt you've washed?

Is it too much to take time out to return the shirt especially to clear the air?

What else were tyou expecting, you expect them to reply your mails the next second as if you are the only customer? Are you saying the correspondence you got is lackadasical? were you expecting them to be running helter sketer and from pillar to post because an occurence that is sometimes unavoidable happened? even after they refunded you, you are still not satisfied?

Lastly, I will like to know how long you have been shopping online cos, if you have been doing that, then you must know that issues like these happen only once in a while and heaven does not fall to rectify it.

My guy you too shout jare. Dem don try for you.

2 Likes

Re: My Dilemma: Shopping On‏ Taafoo.com by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:24pm On Jul 26, 2013
ranksz: My guy your ranting is very unecessary. Its now looking as if you have been paid to tarnish their image.

Why on earth would someone only discover the size of a shirt after washing? do you have to wash before you see the label?

Were you confused when you were typing this? You said they sent you size M instead of L but now you are insisting they send you M. what tha hell

If not for stupidity, will you ordinarily expect any seller to refund or replace a shirt you've washed?

Is it too much to take time out to return the shirt especially to clear the air?

What else were tyou expecting, you expect them to reply your mails the next second as if you are the only customer? Are you saying the correspondence you got is lackadasical? were you expecting them to be running helter sketer and from pillar to post because an occurence that is sometimes unavoidable happened? even after they refunded you, you are still not satisfied?

Lastly, I will like to know how long you have been shopping online cos, if you have been doing that, then you must know that issues like these happen only once in a while and heaven does not fall to rectify it.

Unfuckingbelievable shocked shocked shocked you mean if i pay taafoo to deliver me a shirt and they mix up the orders, I still have to spend time and effort and money to return the shirt after how many days without an apology, taafoo is lucky they have not been closed down due to law suits for selling fake H&C shirts. talk less of mixing up orders.. this is what stores abroad give your a freebie with plenty apologies so they don't get sued.. Businesses in Nigeria treat customers like shiit

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma: Shopping On‏ Taafoo.com by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 26, 2013
ranksz: My guy your ranting is very unecessary. Its now looking as if you have been paid to tarnish their image.

Guy,

I understand you and if you mean I made a mistake in typing L instead of M, no one is above keyboard typos including you as bolded above. cheesy cheesy

More so, for me to wash the shirt straight means that wasn't the first time I have been ordering online. I have a registered paypal account I use with my GTBank Visa Dollar Debit card and I shop online most of the time from Victoria Secrets, Amazon and co and I do get them here in Nigeria.

I went ahead to wash because I wasn't expecting any hitch as I have never experienced such before. This is electonic thingy now... what you see is what you get (WYSIWYG). So with that in mind and as a Systems Analyst myself, I wasn't expecting any glitch on their part.

My aim is not to spoil business for them neither is it to discourage people from buying things from them but only to express how I feel about their customer service, which is("was" as at yesterday cos they improved today) very poor and I think there is nothing holding back a Nigerian from expressing his/her feelings ONLINE. grin grin grin

So Mr Guy, have a lovely weekend ahead of you, play safe... and take lots of water + guice.

Will update this next week as it proceeds...

Enjoy!
Re: My Dilemma: Shopping On‏ Taafoo.com by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 29, 2013
Hello Guys,

Well today, I got the package from Taafoo... some few minutes ago. I replaced the shirts with A Male Perfume (One Macho Black perf), Girls 3-in-1 Singlet pack, boys sandals and a bedside clock.

Now to another issue.... Dont say I have too many wahala but I must let you know...

I ordered for a clock with Angry Bird design and as a Barcelona fan, as in Real Madrid hater, I got this this stuff in a Real Madrid Pack... I will upload the picture soon...
Re: My Dilemma: Shopping On‏ Taafoo.com by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 30, 2013
If you dey plan give Barcelona Voodoo by sending me RM official product packaging, na lie... the trebble na our own...

Re: My Dilemma: Shopping On‏ Taafoo.com by khayc(m): 10:02am On Dec 02, 2014
Hello Guys,
Well today, I got the package from Taafoo... some few minutes ago. I replaced the shirts with A Male Perfume (One Macho Black perf), Girls 3-in-1 Singlet pack, boys sandals and a bedside clock.
Now to another issue.... Dont say I have too many wahala but I must let you know...
I ordered for a clock with Angry Bird design and as a Barcelona fan, as in Real Madrid hater, I got this this stuff in a Real Madrid Pack... I will upload the picture soon...
I must commend you for the follow up, that's why things work more abroad than Nigeria, i dont know if I am this disciplined to do such, but it's opinions anyways. Thanks once again

(1) (Reply)

Pay Your Chinese Seller And Other Online Transactions At N197 Per $1 / Lesson 4: How To Make $120/week On Instagram / GT Bank Opens New Branch At Iju, Fagba Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.