Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,933 members, 7,872,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:29 AM

I Support Dialogue With Boko Haram – Governor Shettima Of Borno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Support Dialogue With Boko Haram – Governor Shettima Of Borno (468 Views)

Photos Of Victims Of Borno Bomb Blast (Viewers Discretion) / Governor Kashim Shettima Of Borno State Receives Pres. Jonathan(photos) / Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Support Dialogue With Boko Haram – Governor Shettima Of Borno by masterdre: 6:30pm On Jul 22, 2013
Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno says his government is in support of the Federal Government’s decision to dialogue with the moderate elements within the Boko Haram sect.

Mr. Shettima, who said this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Maiduguri on Monday, noted that most conflicts in the world, including the country’s 1967-1970 civil war, were sorted out at the conference table.

“Unless we want to engage in an endless war, I believe it is irrational for anyone to oppose dialogue as a means of resolving conflicts.

“I see no reason why we should not engage the moderate elements in Boko Haram, who are willing to lay down their arms and who have recognised the territorial integrity of the nation, in a dialogue.

Read details here: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/141439-i-support-dialogue-with-boko-haram-governor-shettima-of-borno.html
Re: I Support Dialogue With Boko Haram – Governor Shettima Of Borno by sonyjacobs(m): 12:21pm On Jul 23, 2013
I doubt if Abubakar Shekau is ready for dialogue undecided

(1) (Reply)

It's Possible To Check Oil Theft In Nigeria ---- Macaualay / Four-year-old Boy Re-elected Mayor Of U.S. Community / Remembering Aluu 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.