Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,414 members, 7,901,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:41 AM

Sunny Okosuns Is Dead - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Sunny Okosuns Is Dead (8085 Views)

Dabota Lawson Files For Divorce From Billionaire Prince Sunny Aku / Korede Bello With King Sunny Ade [PICS] / Sunny Ade Wins N500m Copyright Suit 30 Years Later (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by Truequest(m): 10:06pm On May 25, 2008
News monitored on MITV today says that high-life musician and Pastor, Sunny Okosuns had died in a hospital in US. It will be recalled that he was earlier diagnosed of colon cancer.

UPDATE:
RENOWNED evangelist and gospel musician, Evangelist Sunny Okosuns, is dead. He died in a United States hospital on Saturday evening.

A former president of the Performing Musicians Association of Nigeria (PMAN), Okosuns had been wheelchair-bound for almost six months and sources said he died of diabetes.
http://www.tribune.com.ng/26052008/news/news3.html
Re: Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by savanaha: 10:29pm On May 25, 2008
How sad.
Re: Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by Nobody: 1:03am On May 26, 2008
Cant send my condolences now since there is no source to this sad news.

He seem to be a nice man, but the freedom fighting stuff is what i don't get.
He couldn't be fighting for freedom while he dined, wined and did some kinds of contracts with the south east governors in the 3rd and 4th republics.
Whichever way, just be sure this is not one of those "Gani is dead" threads.
Re: Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by 4Him1(m): 1:06am On May 26, 2008
he must have been fighting for the "freedom" of his pocket
Re: Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by DisGuy: 1:45am On May 26, 2008
Punch

I think he sang a song about soweto or somewhere in SA
during the apartheid

RIP
Re: Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by Nobody: 1:52am On May 26, 2008
His activities for the past 9 years was a direct opposite of what he use to be when sang those freedom songs.
Re: Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by Nobody: 2:09am On May 26, 2008
awww sad
Re: Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by Tonim(f): 2:28am On May 26, 2008
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by SweetT1: 2:37am On May 26, 2008
Rest in peace Sonny !! we love you and we will definitely miss you !!
Re: Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by Nobody: 3:34am On May 26, 2008
RIP stranger smiley
Re: Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by coolier(f): 12:01pm On May 26, 2008
You continue to live in our hearts brother! Power to the people!!!
Re: Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by oziomatv(m): 12:52pm On May 26, 2008
He used to be a good musician before he turned to be a born again businessman(pastor) with a new church.

May his peaceful soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by otokx(m): 2:08pm On May 26, 2008
Its so unfortunate.
Re: Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by niya(m): 3:59pm On May 26, 2008
na wao death is inevtitable
Re: Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by Cristalz(f): 5:08pm On May 26, 2008
Was really shocked when i heard he was dead today.Didn't believe it at first.He was a strong supporter of MKO Abiola.I think he supported OBJ too.
He died in the US.Went into a coma and never came out.That man really contributed to the Nigerian music industry.Helped a few artistes like Onyeka Onwenu get started.May his soul rest in peace sad
Re: Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by vikiviko(m): 5:24pm On May 26, 2008
What a loss! May God grant his family the fortitude to bear the loss.

I hope the rampaging South Africans will remember that Okosun also contributed his little quota in seeing that apartheid was dethroned in South Africa

Re: Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by blacksta(m): 5:41pm On May 26, 2008
rip my brother - till we meet again
Re: Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by Cristalz(f): 5:44pm On May 26, 2008
blacksta:

rip my brother - till we meet again

Na for where una meet before? grin
Re: Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by Pataki: 6:00pm On May 26, 2008
Met him one-on-one in 2006 at the international airport in Ikeja in 2006. He was looking so pale and fragile though. Such a great loss.

May God grant his soul eternal rest.
Re: Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by superman(m): 6:34pm On May 26, 2008
which way nigeria!! which way!!! which way to go!!" (((LAGOS)))" i love my father 'lands

thats the song if im right?

rest in peace

amen
Re: Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by busygirl(f): 6:40pm On May 26, 2008
This is veryyyyyyyyyy sad!! cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by Mosetra(f): 6:44pm On May 26, 2008
so sad!!! RIP Great one
Re: Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by dee02(m): 6:44pm On May 26, 2008
RIP DAWG

Everybody would die one day!!
Re: Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by Jeovy(m): 7:01pm On May 26, 2008
Heard News today too,RIP sad sad sad
Re: Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 26, 2008
May his wonderful soul rest in peace. I'm really hurt about this news, i just wish his family peace especially his twin daughters.
Re: Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by princeonx: 7:14pm On May 26, 2008
R.I.P Sunny

na for only naija people mouth I dey hear say person dey FRAGILE! grin
Re: Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by UNLEASHED(m): 7:21pm On May 26, 2008
It's a sad story really! feel sorry for him and his twin babies! Though he left traces by trying to put the Nigerian Gospel music on the world map. RIP Sunny Okosun!
Re: Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 26, 2008
prince_onx:

R.I.P Sunny

na for only naija people mouth I dey hear say person dey FRAGILE! grin

cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
wahala dey! grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by superman(m): 7:29pm On May 26, 2008
sure it plenty hha
Re: Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by kene20(m): 7:58pm On May 26, 2008
We loved him but God loves him more.
May his gentle soul rest in the bossom of the Lord, Amen
Re: Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by Builder: 8:00pm On May 26, 2008
How sad!! why is it that the good people are the ones dying and the likes of dariye, iyabo, obj, babangida and other born embezzlers  are busy forging new hobbies everyday milking the nigerian economy
Re: Sunny Okosuns Is Dead by dee02(m): 8:34pm On May 26, 2008
Builder:

How sad!! why is it that the good people are the ones dying and the likes of dariye, iyabo, obj, babangida and other born embezzlers are busy forging new hobbies everyday milking the nigerian economy

Thieving nicompoops should be the ones roasting into extinction and dying like chickens in OJUELEGBA MARKET

The likes of OBJ, IBORI, YARADUA, TAFA BALOGUN, LAMIDI ADEDIBU, OKIRO, EHINDERO, LUCKY IGBINEDION, GRANGE, YERIMA, IYABO, KENNY MARTINS, ANENIH, MUHAMMADU ALI, AUDU ABUBAKAR, BABANGIDA, KALU, ALAMS, DARIYE, AKALA, SARAKI and overy other persons that have looted, stole, greedily obtained and benefitted from dubious and corrupt Government over the years at the expense of the average suffering Nigerian Citizen

When this heartless looters die, they shouldnt be mourned but cursed in death whilst rejoicing that some heartless scum of the earth have finally been ridden of this world!

And may they BBQ-ED, grill and choke slowly inside blazing and ferocious hot hell fire with SATAN

RIP OKOSUN, the same GOATHEADS THAT SHOULD HAVE LOOKED AFTER YOU HAVE FAILED AGAIN AS USUAL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

[WATCH VIDEO] Teenagers Caught Having S*x In Front Of A Hotel In Katsina / He Thinks He Look Like General Muhammadu Buhari (photos) / Meet The Woman With The Tightest Vagina And Checkout Her Secrets (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.