Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,329 members, 7,888,048 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:16 PM

Nigeria Music Award - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigeria Music Award (3102 Views)

Nigeria Music Video Awards 2013 Nominees List(nmva 2013) / Nigerian Artistes Sweep ChannelO Music Award 2012. / Nigeria Music Awards: NigeriaMusicAwards.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Music Award by MeGaStReEt: 10:20pm On May 25, 2008
Did any one get to see the NMA yesternite

I missed it, and i didnt get to watch it

Please can anyone give an update
Re: Nigeria Music Award by abdurrazaq(m): 10:55am On May 26, 2008
The lsit of winners that I witnessed before going to bed are:

OJB Jezreel - Producer of the year
Djinee - Voice of the year - Male
Lara George - Voice of the year - Female.

The organisers tried their best to host a glamorous event but, they can still do better another time
Re: Nigeria Music Award by abdurrazaq(m): 2:41pm On May 26, 2008
Faze - Best Reggae Song of the year
DJ Jimmy Jatt - Video of the year
Tuface Idibia - Album of the year (Grass 2 Grace)
Timmaya - Best Dancehall song of the year
Re: Nigeria Music Award by 9ja4eva: 5:52pm On May 26, 2008
Looks like Psquare went away wit 2 awards
Re: Nigeria Music Award by lalaboi(m): 6:56pm On May 26, 2008
i watched a bit! itwas too boring! stage was rubbish, presentation wasnt good atall with qween djinee and this ibo comedian guy wit stupid jokes!

the stage was the most annoying part! using this white chairs that they use in beer parlour as sits for ppl! it was not even enough! ppll wer standing at the back too¬
Re: Nigeria Music Award by tosinadeda: 7:13pm On May 26, 2008
The venue was pathetic!
Re: Nigeria Music Award by drp: 12:29am On May 28, 2008
I was at the NMA live at Owerri (I stay there). I felt like[b] throwing up[/b]. The place was messed up. I wish I was a foreign jornalist, na only God sabi wetin I for write. Imagine Shegun Arinze was locked outside for over 15minutes (he was even pleading). Can u imagine some people were exchanging punches right inside the place (tent). Ohakim (Imo Governor) could have told us that he was inviting us for camping insteading lying about the whole issue.The only (i mean the only) interesting event there was the wonderful, surprising and mature performance by the ex-governor of Cross-River State.
Ruggedman - best rapper
x-project - best hip hop song
2face - best R & B
Re: Nigeria Music Award by krama(m): 12:39am On May 28, 2008
shocked Na wa wo shocked
Re: Nigeria Music Award by enque(f): 2:15pm On May 28, 2008
drp:

I was at the NMA live at Owerri (I stay there). I felt like[b] throwing up[/b]. The place was messed up. I wish I was a foreign jornalist, na only God sabi wetin I for write. Imagine Shegun Arinze was locked outside for over 15minutes (he was even pleading). Can u imagine some people were exchanging punches right inside the place (tent). Ohakim (Imo Governor) could have told us that he was inviting us for camping insteading lying about the whole issue.The only (i mean the only) interesting event there was the wonderful, surprising and mature performance by the ex-governor of Cross-River State.
Ruggedman - best rapper
x-project - best hip hop song
2face - best R & B

well, i heard it was really messed up, d videos they were showin durin award presentation were pirated from MTV BASE.
ha!! naija!!!
Re: Nigeria Music Award by ztyle(m): 3:44pm On May 28, 2008
Really, Wen was that? grin
Re: Nigeria Music Award by abdurrazaq(m): 4:15pm On May 28, 2008
From the little I watched on AIT I knew that the show is going to be another flop. The performance by one Igbo guy was funny while that of Muma Gee was awful. She (Muma Gee) left before time (and I wouldn't be surprised if we get to know later that she left out of anger) because, it caught the Host and Hostess (Djinee & Kween) unaware.

The stage is too small, smaller than any stage I have ever seen. Performance by a group like P2 wouldn't be okay at all (they would need more space for all those moves). Mamuzee, those big twins were just dancing all alone to their performance.

If I am asked to rate them, considering the money spent and the time dedicated by the attendants only will make me rate 4 out of 10.

One good thing about it is that almost all the celebrities in the nollywood were present.
Re: Nigeria Music Award by lalaboi(m): 5:17pm On May 28, 2008
IT SEEMS NO ONE IN NAIJA KNOWS THE MEANING OF HIP HOP AGAIN!!

HOW CAN X-PROJECT BE GIVEN BEST HIP HOP GROUP?
Re: Nigeria Music Award by tosinadeda: 7:36pm On May 28, 2008
abdurrazaq:

From the little I watched on AIT I knew that the show is going to be another flop. The performance by one Igbo guy was funny while that of Muma Gee was awful. She (Muma Gee) left before time (and I wouldn't be surprised if we get to know later that she left out of anger) because, it caught the Host and Hostess (Djinee & Kween) unaware.

lol it was part of her script

lalaboi:

IT SEEMS NO ONE IN NAIJA KNOWS THE MEANING OF HIP HOP AGAIN!!

HOW CAN X-PROJECT BE GIVEN BEST HIP HOP GROUP?

me sef tire o, stupidity!!!!!!
plain rubbish
Re: Nigeria Music Award by dready(f): 8:35pm On May 28, 2008
Una dey see the film Trick when dey happen for Nigeria ?
Imagine X-Project best hip hop song
Jesus, i can't just believe how dumb the organizers be Hip hop is for strictly rap , not even r n b
Omo the organizers don fall nigerians hands again, i can't just help but smile.

Imagine organizers that know nothing about music dey give awards.
Re: Nigeria Music Award by FLOWSHOW: 4:51pm On Jun 03, 2008
sorry to ask o, what genre of music does x-project play
a) i know that konga boy raps in eno, which makes it rap/hiphop
b) xproject were singin and someone rapped, konga , thats makes it hiphop.
c)my dear nairalanders, that lorile song cannot be classified as rnb, raggae, soul or hardcore rap, the best class to squeeze it in is hiphop
so that justifies whatver yall thought was a mistake, and lets all be versatile and not rigid, hiphop is diverse it doesnt have to be strictly rappin
Re: Nigeria Music Award by Emad(f): 5:16pm On Jun 03, 2008
hummmmmmmmm everything from Naija na Awala!!
Re: Nigeria Music Award by Tattooboy: 6:53pm On Jun 03, 2008
Lol
Re: Nigeria Music Award by tosinadeda: 11:56pm On Jun 03, 2008
FLOWSHOW:

sorry to ask o, what genre of music does x-project play
a) i know that konga boy raps in eno, which makes it rap/hiphop
b) xproject were singin and someone rapped, konga , thats makes it hiphop.
c)my dear nairalanders, that lorile song cannot be classified as rnb, raggae, soul or hardcore rap, the best class to squeeze it in is hiphop
so that justifies whatver yall thought was a mistake, and lets all be versatile and not rigid, hiphop is diverse it doesnt have to be strictly rappin

and thats the best hip hop song naija produced during the year under review abi?
Re: Nigeria Music Award by dready(f): 8:18am On Jun 04, 2008
@ FLOWSHOW
You are suppose to be an eMCee, but now i confirm totally that you are wacker than my 5 fingers, imagine what you just said? they had to squeeze it into hip hop because konga rapped when you are suppose to view it the way it is supposed to viewed, you are looking at it from the foolish organisers part of view, let me tell you, that song should be placed in akpala and nothing more,
Do you know what hip hop is?don't mistake some shits for hip hop, hip hop is the way it is supposed to be.
Re: Nigeria Music Award by malcolmx: 12:07pm On Jun 04, 2008
LORILE, classified as HIPHOP? Then hiphop is not just dead but raptured! The organizers of the NMA (i guess Kennis music was hugely a part of this) should be flogged. LORILE IS NOTHING CLOSE TO HIPHOP!!!

www.myspace.com/djsteeve
Re: Nigeria Music Award by Viking: 4:17pm On Jun 04, 2008
Just like most of you,I don't like the awar4d.Naija is supposed to have come with something better than that.The stage is too small and people are even standing at the back as if you come to watch a stage show at one field.Though they realy tried there best.Most of the artist's that recieved awards deserved ,Tuface, Lara George,Maintain,Ruggedy Baba but for Lori le as hip hop song of the year,I realy did not fancy that though the song is good but there other better hip hop jamz in Naija.
Re: Nigeria Music Award by toyin1709: 4:38pm On Jun 04, 2008
i watched the first two presentations and as if the generator knew i was pissed it just went off by itself,
OJB producer of the year(wtf) au canthey put him in the same category with id cabasa,don jazzy,cobhams, now someone tell me wich HIT did OJB produce last yr,
then secondly dey said best video DJ jimmy jat stylee, fine its a cool video but they put him in the same category with ASha and yahoozee and some nicer videos, as in i was just pissed,
i tink dere was too much politics involved,
WHATEVER JOO!!
na dem sabi!
Re: Nigeria Music Award by sect(m): 4:53pm On Jun 04, 2008
Its not politics that characterised the award ceremony, its IGNORANCE!
Re: Nigeria Music Award by mcwalker(m): 6:26pm On Jun 04, 2008
WE WILL NEVER STOP AMAZING THE WORLD WITH OUR FLOPS.
NEXT YEAR IT WILL REPEAT ITSELF, "BET IT"
Re: Nigeria Music Award by Baro(m): 7:16pm On Jun 04, 2008
The NIGERIA MUSIC AWARD shot itself in the foot last year when they gave OBIWON(then with just one unsuccessful album abi single sef) the award for the VOICE OF THE DECADE

Their blunders can only get better undecided
Re: Nigeria Music Award by spikedcylinder: 8:07pm On Jun 04, 2008
I hear that at the so called NIGERIA MUSIC AWARDS, there were less than 10 musicians and hordes of actors and actresses. How do you figure eh?
Re: Nigeria Music Award by Mustay(m): 10:30am On Jul 08, 2008
[center]NIGERIAN MUSIC AWARDS: THE UNTOLD STORY[/center]

A week ago, when the first flight, that is, the Soul Train of the Nigerian Music Awards took off at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, NFC ran an interview with Chief Tony Okoroji who claims to own the right to the NMA. Despite all odds the train moved to the Sam Mbakwe International Airport and the first visible thing on arrival at the airport was a branded vehicle with NMA logo and that of Imo State governor, Ikedi Ohakim that confused the first timer at the state capital, whether it was a music award or rally in support of the incumbent governor. Apart from the buses, there were posters and flyers with the same logo. The carnival-like train with over 50 vehicles and two limousines conveyed Nigerian music stars, actors, actresses and Entertainment practitioners, to the Imo Concorde Hotel, where they were received by some government officials including the state Information Commissioner.

Against the promise by the Okoroji-led Tops Event, organisers of the event, many music stars who were given the “treasure box” containing flight, accommodation and feeding tickets, had difficulty securing accommodation at the hotel that was a co-sponsor of the event. As the cloud of the accommodation problem was about to clear, the first event at the Banquet Hall of Concorde Hotel, which is a dinner with the music stars, commenced.

[b]The hall was full to capacity and a lot of music stars had to stand on their feet throughout the duration, even as security operatives and members of the organising committee found it difficult to control the crowd.[/b]In the process, many music acts, movie personalities and journalists were rough handled at the entrance as it became an all comer’s affair.A drama which could have caused an uproar if not quickly nipped in the bud was when a member of the organising committee asked veteran juju musician, Pa Fatai Rolling Dollar, to vacate his seat for Ucheria Anunobi, who was late for the event. He was later cautioned by those in the hall.

At the dinner with the stars, veteran musician like Sir Don Obonu, Sir Douglas Oriche, Ikenga Super Stars and Chief Okonkwo performed.The event which was supposed to be a night of music and dinner turned out to be one of praise singing and homage paying to the governor of Imo State. It became so boring to the extent that many stars abandoned the cold dinner as time was fast running out.

The planned trip to some tourist centres like Oguta Lake was cancelled for poor organisation and worse still, those who came to Owerri on the second day were also busy looking for accommodation.Saturday, the awards day, was worse as the Arcade near the Imo Concorde Hotel became an all comer’s affair. There were lots of security lapses as music stars and actors found it difficult to gain access to the Balmoral Tent, where the event took place, while petty thieves and hoodlum had a field day picking pockets and stealing valuables. Yours truly lost a valuable wrist watch in the process.

During the awards proper which was devoid of the razzmatazz and hype given it, from the comedian to the organisers and award presenters, it was praise singing galore for Ohakim, who was grining and whispering to his wife all through, while music interlude provided by Geterman, Mamuze and Sammy Okposo was drab.Although Djinee won the Best Voice Male; Lara George, Best Voice Female; Tuface, Best R&B; X-Project, Best Hip Hop Song; Ruggedman, Best Rap Artiste; Best Highlife, Sony Bobo; Best Fuji, Dekunle Fuji; Best Raggae, Faze; Timaya, Dance Hall Song; Gospel Tradition, Nwockocha; Gospel Contemporary, Sammy Okposo; 9ice, New Musician Male; TY-Bello, Best New Artiste Female, Record of the Year, P-Square; Song of the Year, Olu Maintain, P-Square also clinched the Artiste of the Year award.Those recognised were Oliver de Coque, Ken Calebs Olumese, Pa Fatai Rolling Dollar and Bongos Ikwe, while Sir Warrior won the Post Humous Award.

Some of the flaws in the awards is in the area of organisation, planning and presentation, as movie stars were given prominence than their counterparts in music circle, even as some of them who were supposed to dress glamorously were not properly dressed.When the event ended at about 2.30 a.m., it was good riddance to bad rubbish!
Re: Nigeria Music Award by javalove(m): 2:28pm On Jul 08, 2008
@salam alykun mustay.
Re: Nigeria Music Award by Mustay(m): 2:41pm On Jul 08, 2008
walaykun salam Mr. programmer cool
Re: Nigeria Music Award by adamalalim(m): 3:35pm On Jul 08, 2008
only for naija we dey suffer we still dey claim ajebota
Re: Nigeria Music Award by Mustay(m): 4:46pm On Jul 08, 2008
nor mind em

plus all the blue carpets

green carpets

yellow carpets

shior

(1) (Reply)

Download Instrumental: Malo By Tiwa Savage Ft Wizkid / DOWNLOAD MP3: Olamide – Omoluabi / Justin Bieber Ft. Quavo - Intentions (mp3 + Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.