Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,543 members, 7,929,765 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 10:07 PM

Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum (15916 Views)

Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot / Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe / Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by IYANGBALI: 7:57pm On Jul 23, 2013
kaeto: The NANS president and secretary are hausa muslim and yoruba muslim respectively. Anybody who reads this sh1t knows a lot is wrong in this country. The hausa and yoruba politics gets weaker by the day, its such a pity they keep exposing how they've been maliciously running the afairs of this nation since 1960. What kind of treachrous snakes are we dealing with? I mean mobilizing the wretched abokis in NANS to carry out this lopesided demand. Is it that they didn't see what chidi lloyd did or are they all barbarians and blood thirsty like their fathers who murdered 3 million Igbos without remorse 'till date? Even wole soyinka keeps insulting the first lady without condemning the barbarism of chidi llyod, it's just the height of insanity for wole soyinka. Since i grew up as a young man, i've never laid my hand on anyone. Why would a fool like soyinka, whose mother is a mere domestic appendage be bordered about violence in the country? Afterall he remains the father of school gangsterism and cultism, a man secretely soaked in blood of dead warring cult factions in our instititutions. Soyinka says there is no God, his actions supports it, he is really Godless as it is. We are waiting for this hausa and yoruba NANS,14days is not far from now, we shall see how it all goes. Seperation in this country now seem inevitable according to tunde bakare. I mean what do we have in common with the slimmy yorubas and born to rule hausa, blood thirsties. God's hammer of wrath shall meet you as you lay on your beds imagining evil against the SS and SE, the end shall justify the means.
we know you hate the Yorubas with a passion,unfortunately for you,there is nothing you can do about it than to keep hating us till you die. Oponu ode
Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by Teaser4(m): 8:12pm On Jul 23, 2013
NANS excos has lost it....wetin concerns us with rivers crisis....will that suspend ASUU strike..Bunch of retards....#nerd excos
Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by PaulSteve: 8:19pm On Jul 23, 2013
Shame on you NANS leadership,shame! In as much as one does not support the political instability in Rivers state I find it disheartening how you have ignored the most important matter at hand and delved into RCA struggles,instead of giving government and ASUU ultimatum you are busy with Rivers politics,what disappointment!

1 Like

Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by akintaj5: 8:23pm On Jul 23, 2013
Since this so called NANS has lost focus long time ago, it is better for progress sake that it should be scrapped. We have had cases of different individuals claiming to be NANS president thereby leading to factions. The body is misrepresenting Nigerian students at large, where was NANS when ASUP went on 3months strike or are they not aware ASUU is on strike. Why haven't they given FG ultimatum over the standard of education in Nigeria, nor lack of adequate infrastructure/equipments, constant increase in school fees in some universities and so on. It is obvious that John Shima and his colleagues have misplaced their priority because I want to believe they are not speaking for Nigerian students at large rather than their selfish interest. This is absolute abuse of office, Negligence of duty and gross misconduct. I hope they would put their self to order and reason with their brain and not their pocket.
Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by lawsbanks: 8:26pm On Jul 23, 2013
ASUU strike is there, they are not doing anything about it. nans is there talking about rivers crisis...........mscheeeeewwww............. lipsrsealed
Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by Umaekpe: 8:27pm On Jul 23, 2013
Pulo Senibo: Clowns
not surprise my dear:clowns indeed,wat ar dey up to self, first remove wat is in ur eye before removing another person,wat has NANS got to do with crises in River s, dey suppose to force federal government to stop strike rather Dan talking rubbish,
Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by Bright2(m): 8:36pm On Jul 23, 2013
Where did they even see the crisis to start with,is it not this same Rivers state im living ? Federal & state Government are playing their usual politics these children called Nans are at the other side clapping hands. Who ever gave this children this token to make noise should advice himself.
Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by oliseh3: 9:03pm On Jul 23, 2013
Wat is NANS all about.., dey avn't said anytin ever since d assu strike and here dey swallowing panadol in wat wil neva improve d health of d nigerian skul system.

Wen dey are supose to mobilise student to air our displessure about d so called azzu strike and urge d gov to do somtin immediately....dem jux dey dere dey dull...rubbish[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by Validated: 9:05pm On Jul 23, 2013
Is Amaechi a reakky seadog (pirate confra) member?? Little wonder Soyinka supports him. We can now see who is beating the drum for him angry
Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by ojubi(m): 9:11pm On Jul 23, 2013
This guys are plain idiots even APC can't make the above treat. Bunch of idiots.
By this time tomorrow another branch of NANS would have rubbished this report by calling a press conference to deny that the above claim is not in consonant with the values of their organisation.
Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by swezenberg(m): 9:18pm On Jul 23, 2013
kaeto: The NANS president and secretary are hausa muslim and yoruba muslim respectively. Anybody who reads this sh1t knows a lot is wrong in this country. The hausa and yoruba politics gets weaker by the day, its such a pity they keep exposing how they've been maliciously running the afairs of this nation since 1960. What kind of treachrous snakes are we dealing with? I mean mobilizing the wretched abokis in NANS to carry out this lopesided demand. Is it that they didn't see what chidi lloyd did or are they all barbarians and blood thirsty like their fathers who murdered 3 million Igbos without remorse 'till date? Even wole soyinka keeps insulting the first lady without condemning the barbarism of chidi llyod, it's just the height of insanity for wole soyinka. Since i grew up as a young man, i've never laid my hand on anyone. Why would a fool like soyinka, whose mother is a mere domestic appendage be bordered about violence in the country? Afterall he remains the father of school gangsterism and cultism, a man secretely soaked in blood of dead warring cult factions in our instititutions. Soyinka says there is no God, his actions supports it, he is really Godless as it is. We are waiting for this hausa and yoruba NANS,14days is not far from now, we shall see how it all goes. Seperation in this country now seem inevitable according to tunde bakare. I mean what do we have in common with the slimmy yorubas and born to rule hausa, blood thirsties. God's hammer of wrath shall meet you as you lay on your beds imagining evil against the SS and SE, the end shall justify the means.
Your entire family are morons. Don"t ever in your miserable life add SS to your mission and ambition again. Bloody thief. Talk about ASUU and their strike and leave the oil.
Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by atlwireles: 9:19pm On Jul 23, 2013
For kids that have been out of school for weeks due to ASUU strike, yet the political issue that has nothing to do with their lives is what that concerns them. What wasted generation in the making.
Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by curtain: 9:40pm On Jul 23, 2013
Story story, where have they been since boko haram has been killing inocent students, which one should they be bordered about... Stufid.
Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by Omotolaaraujo(f): 9:45pm On Jul 23, 2013
I hope they bring the place down. At least they have the courage to give an ultimatum. I am proud of the challenge. Anyone can make comments on this forum. You all might want to grow a pair yourselves.
Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by Izontubo(m): 9:47pm On Jul 23, 2013
Where was this mumu NANS when ameachi forced a stubborn/belligerent VC on the rivers state university of science and technology students and lecturers......

Aasu is on strike and they are here revealing the fact that they've been paid to spew the thrash we are reading.........

As for ameachi.....::::.....I want you to feel and understand what it means to be oppressed by a superior.......

What you have done to your subordinates is exactly what you're getting back in full from your oga at the top.....

Enjoy the ride.......

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by jummylaw(f): 9:54pm On Jul 23, 2013
enyice: [/b]

[b]And how far do you think NANS is willing to go? Opinions varies hence actions are most likely to vary aswell, you neccessesarily dont have to make mountain out of mole-hill by making NANS relevant. ASUU is on strike and they've not deemed it fit to speak out as it directly affects them. Trust me, if its not NLC, NUPENG, TUC, PENGASSAN and NUEE, almost all other bodies are irrelevant and cant force govt to rescind its decisions

Let's wait and see now, I guess u collect salary from the Jonathan's.
Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by Kingspin(m): 10:10pm On Jul 23, 2013
We understand but we dnt know how much you guys received from the opposition. Mind ur biz.
Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by babakingsto(m): 10:25pm On Jul 23, 2013
What makes you think dey don't listen to dt.pls wen u want to make a public contribution,mind ur words OK.watch n see what happens next.r
slim fit :
Useless set of jobless students, don't you have important issues to tell mr president apart from this useless topic.

Fighting for people that don't give a bleep about you.
Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by MrExcel(m): 10:32pm On Jul 23, 2013
[quote*** see idiots call NANs we dey suffer with ASUU u ar talking about Rivers****
author=Abagworo]ABUJA – The National Association of Nigerian Students
(NANS), yesterday, threatened to paralyze all economic activities in the
nation political capital, if the Federal Government fails to address
the current imbroglio in the Rivers State.

NANS, who gave 14 days ultimatum to the government to find lasting
solution to the unrest, also berated the Nigeria’s First Lady, Dame
Patient Jonathan and the Minister of State for Education, Mr. Nyesom
Wike for their roles in the crisis rocking the State.

The Union, who did not exonerate the Presidency from the matter called
on President Goodluck Jonathan, to call them to order to stop
interfering in the running of the administration of the state.

NANS noted that “it is not acceptable for the 5 legislators in the
Rivers State House of Assembly to override the collective will of 27
members. It is totally wrong! We demand that the five legislators, who
were responsible for igniting the crisis, be properly sanctioned and
trimmed to size”.

A statement signed by the Acting Senate President of NANS, Comrade John
Shima, demanded for adequate security in the state House of Assembly,
while calling for “the immediate redeployment of the Rivers State
Commissioner of Police, Mr. Mbu Joseph Mbu, who from every indication
has gone political”.

The union said that, it restrained its self initially to comment on the
matter, on the ground that all the parties involved were indigenes of
the state, “but after the fracas at the Rivers State House of Assembly
on 9th July, 2013 and the fallouts from it, we see the need to
expeditiously intervene in the matter, as it has set a very bad
precedence for our much cherished democracy and is even capable of
plunging the entire nation, not only Rivers State into anarchy.

“In line with the foregoing, we wish to state unequivocally and in the
strongest of terms, that the blatant arrogation of legislative powers by
a relative minority of five (5) legislators in the Rivers State House
of Assembly, against the majority of twenty seven (27) legislators, is
in itself a huge aberration and the height of legislative rascality! The
action of the five legislators is an open invitation to anarchy.

“Furthermore, Mr. President must stop distancing himself from the
matter, because whether he likes it or not, he is vicariously involved
in it. The directly involvement of the First Lady in the matter, which
she publicly admitted to when sixteen (16) Bishops from the South-South
paid her a courtesy visit at the Presidential Villa last week, implies
Mr. President’s tacit involvement in it. Therefore, Mr. President cannot
continue to feign ignorance or indifference on this very sensitive
matter.

“We must bear in mind that the situation in Rivers State depicts a huge
threat to the security of the state and by extrapolation, the entire
nation. The Executive Governor of Rivers State, Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi
has since made public, his own feelings of insecurity. There were
reports last week of the deployment of policemen to the Rivers State
Government House and the Rivers State Liaison Office in Abuja
respectively, without the knowledge and approval of the State Governor.
That action by the police authorities is highly condemnable.

“Mr. President should not forget that his cardinal responsibility to the
state and its citizens is the provision of security for human lives and
properties. This includes the lives of state governors and other
high-profile individuals. Governor Amaechi has publicly declared that he
is not comfortable with the Commissioner of Police in Rivers State, Mr.
Mbu Joseph Mbu. We wonder why the Inspector General of Police is
reluctant to redeploy Mr. Mbu from the state. Mbu clearly gave clue in
an interview with a national television station that he works at
cross-purposes with Governor Amaechi.

“We recall that Amaechi first notified Mbu of the crisis at the Rivers
State House of Assembly, long before it degenerated. But rather than
take proactive actions in line with the governor’s notice, Mr. Mbu, who
was said to be living very close to the Rivers State House of Assembly,
deliberately refrained from acting on the governor’s information. The
Rivers State Commissioner of Police is answerable to the Inspector
General of Police, who is in turn, answerable to Mr. President.
Therefore Mr. President’s thumbprint is firmly embedded in the ongoing
crisis in Rivers State.

“Therefore we wish to condemn in strong terms, the attack by sponsored
miscreants on the convoy of Governor Rotimi Amaechi and the four
northern governors that paid him a visit last week. We view the action
of those miscreants as dastardly and uncivilized. However, we must
remind their sponsors that anyone who rides on the back of a tiger would
end up in its belly! If the convo
Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by RtFNJ: 10:35pm On Jul 23, 2013
NANS... U guys should read ur book o
Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by aduboy(m): 10:35pm On Jul 23, 2013
Sincerely I feel sad for GEJ, Amaechi has out smarted him in this crisis. GEJ and PEJ are banking on militants together with known criminal elements to fight Amaechi while Amaechi is working with organised labour,civil society groups and masses. From all indications this is a lost battle by the presidency. Sure if they try any stupid thing on Rivers and Amaechi, the igniting fire will consume them.
Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by Amansu(f): 10:41pm On Jul 23, 2013
Pedagogue: I've always said it,there is nothing called NANS anymore!

They can give 14 days ultimatum to FG because of Amaechi but they can't even hold a strong rally against ASUU strike!!!

If the umbrella association of students in the country is being controlled by money grabbers and vision less youths,where lies the future of the country?

Good! Rather than striking over the corruption among lecturers who invariably demand favours in kind from female students or cash from males in order to give good grades; and the incessant ASUU strikes that have lowered standard of education in the country, the students are now preoccupied with politics!!
Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by toprealman: 11:02pm On Jul 23, 2013
These pigs called NANS should S.H.A.T.A.R.P!!!
Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by Skyloloprince(m): 11:31pm On Jul 23, 2013
Pedagogue: I've always said it,there is nothing called NANS anymore!

They can give 14 days ultimatum to FG because of Amaechi but they can't even hold a strong rally against ASUU strike!!!

If the umbrella association of students in the country is being controlled by money grabbers and vision less youths,where lies the future of the country?

Amechi must have given the exco some little money, but I pity this kids!
Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by maimalari: 11:32pm On Jul 23, 2013
aduboy: Sincerely I feel sad for GEJ, Amaechi has out smarted him in this crisis. GEJ and PEJ are banking on militants together with known criminal elements to fight Amaechi while Amaechi is working with organised labour,civil society groups and masses. From all indications this is a lost battle by the presidency. Sure if they try any stupid thing on Rivers and Amaechi, the igniting fire will consume them.

U just spoke the exact truth. Its a lost battle for the jonathans.
Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by lakesider(m): 11:58pm On Jul 23, 2013
Una don spoke una igbo again,
NANS is made up of hudlums and not Nigeria students.
Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by EbirichBen(m): 12:27am On Jul 24, 2013
Just Imagine that GEJ is One Head of State, Not President. them for help NANS reduce the Date. Foolish Set of Students. Talk Of ASSU.
Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by kellyeternity(m): 4:25am On Jul 24, 2013
ASUU is on strike and no hope of calling it off soon.That should be the concern of NANS instead of busy-bodying into matters of politics.Calling on NANS excutive to be focused and refused to be used and dumped like rags.
Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by Boa4u: 6:08am On Jul 24, 2013
Something should be wrong with those tout called NANS,,,,,,what concern NANS with government affairs,,,,,,,,those tout does not even have a university certificates yet, niether do there have NYSC certificates,,,,,,the concern of the NAN are for students issues in thier various campuses and the issues of the ASSu strike nationwide as far as i was a student politician some years ago.
Please somebody should help to advice those tout,,,,,,is like they don't know thier responsibilities,,,,,,,,,,,,,otherwise there are touts in thier reasoning.
Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by drexx(m): 6:55am On Jul 24, 2013
maclatunji: It is right for people to raise concern about the Rivers State debacle produced by the people at Abuja. If you are going to lose elections in 2015, kindly lose it with dignity instead of overheating the polity.
Who is talking about overheating the polity? If this is over heating, then ordering for the murder of countless Corp members by your Islamic extremist brother is what? How many people have died from GEJ's heat. If it was you Muslims and northerners, we can estimate the number of people that would have died. Losing election with dignity? I wonder if there is dignity in your Muslim brother ranting that blood would flow if he loses again. What GEJ is doing is called mind games. You people's own is violence. No need to talk much. We already know who would lose elections in 2015, your Muslim extremist Buhari of course. He has been losing. He is a born loser. We are getting prepared for the mass killings that would follow.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by tomzman: 7:22am On Jul 24, 2013
Those NANS executives need to be flogged. Even if the older generation has misplaced their priorities, shouldn't the younger one be wiser. Stupid set of senseless students! ASUU has been on strike now for over 3 weeks and they couldn't give FG any ultimatum concerning that. How Nigerian youths reason these days amazes me!
Re: Rivers Crisis-NANS Gives FG 14days Ultimatum by deletrue: 7:33am On Jul 24, 2013
Who are these set of students who lacked proper parental home bringing? Who is this biggest fool called Shime? You will never get any ten kobo from FG. God punish you completely today. useles persons

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why I Won’t Complete Projects Initiated By Akpabio – Gov Emmanuel / Enugu Airport To Be Ready By April 2020 – Hadi Sirika / Ondo Herdsmen: FFK To Buhari 'Stop Turning Blind Eye On Your Tribesmen'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.