Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,391 members, 7,929,230 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 11:23 AM

Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG (23838 Views)

Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE / President Goodluck Jonathan Regime Signed TSA Agreement With 1% Fee - Minister / Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by Dubemkelly(m): 10:08am On Jul 24, 2013
No matter what,I aint gonna regret being a Nigerian buh d only promise I gatta make 2 my unborn kids is dat dey won't go thru ds kinda stress ol in d name of education. Serzly pained wt d state of affairs in d educatn sector of 9ja....What dat proverb means is dt we d students suffer d effect more coz neida d FG nor ASUU cares
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 24, 2013
amacastel: Well well this is absurd but the truth is this ASUU are the same with the govt the funds that are been given to them earlier wot have they been doing with it nothing I never know that govt give them dime b4 yet they sale hand out ,sort out,miss lectures,behave any how they want as if they are demi god let's not forget that GEJ is in the system b4 so he know wots up with ASUU and money we just need revolution I urge federal govt to employ foreign lectures then we will see a turn arund in our educational system cos our nigerian lectures are wicked,proud,arrogant even worse than the politicians bt these are people that dis country use their money to train I strongly support the federal govt on dis issue

Foreign lecturers in Nigeria?! Have you considered their wage, the working environment?...or you really think academics is business? Empty labs? Lol.
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by onyeka205(m): 10:09am On Jul 24, 2013
amacastel: Well well this is absurd but the truth is this ASUU are the same with the govt the funds that are been given to them earlier wot have they been doing with it nothing I never know that govt give them dime b4 yet they sale hand out ,sort out,miss lectures,behave any how they want as if they are demi god let's not forget that GEJ is in the system b4 so he know wots up with ASUU and money we just need revolution I urge federal govt to employ foreign lectures then we will see a turn arund in our educational system cos our nigerian lectures are wicked,proud,arrogant even worse than the politicians bt these are people that dis country use their money to train I strongly support the federal govt on dis issue

If you are still a student, I am very sorry for you but if you have graduated, then, be ready to send your children to Ghana even if you have to steal to do that.
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by mkmyers45(m): 10:10am On Jul 24, 2013
ojubi: Sad but that is the bitter truth.
The government never sat in One table with ASUU as partners to draft the said agreement.
During the presidency of YARADUA ASSU single handedly drafted that agreement and forced the government with series of strikes to assent it, which they did due to public out cry to stop the strike then.
But come to think of it ASUU wanting the addition of another 90 billion naira to their recurrent expenditure is crazy, once the fed govt agree to do it the state universities will ask for the same amount and trust me state governments will never be able to pay the money.
If they eventually have their way which i doubt then we should be ready for the worse because the price of school fees will sky rocket and an average Nigerian will not be able to acquire university education.
Workers from other sectors will also come out and tell the government; you raise ASSU budget by 90 billion, we need a raise too which is not healthy for the economy at the moment especially with the oil theft.
So ASSU just need to find a way to lower their expectation.

You dont know what you are saying Mr,

The current commander-in-thief Goodluck Jonathan signed that agreement now....I have a copy. Nobody forced them to do s.hit because the government had a panel that was negotiating on their behalf for 3 full months nah

Dude, the 100 billion they are asking for is not immediate and it is directly tied to infrastructural and equipment grants.
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by talk2smat(m): 10:12am On Jul 24, 2013
This is the price you get when a nation is governed by mediocres and misfits. How can a man who should be in the know as to the grave consequences of not honouring an agreement reached by a constituted authority be saying this?

Everything points to the fact that our hopes as a nation are getting continually dimmed and we are gradually moving towards the point of explosion. May this explosion never spare this retardeens at the helm of affairs in Nigeria when it eventually comes. Amin

The clock is ticking...

1 Like

Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by muredo(m): 10:13am On Jul 24, 2013
datChelseaBoy: This ASUU too dey give trouble sef
Meaning?
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by Vanityupnvanity(m): 10:13am On Jul 24, 2013
I think it‘s time 4 the establishment of academic staff union of state universities(asusu) by state universities which should b a separate union from the present ASUU. Students of various states universities are just suffering 4rm what i think they will not benefit from. They are just “victims of circumstace“ abeg if FG and the ASUU are not ready to settle their differences, states universities should call off the strike instantly.
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by pobosky20(m): 10:19am On Jul 24, 2013
Why all the shouting here n there? FG should make d ASUU/FG agreement public. Let everyone read and take a look at d issue.

1 Like

Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by PrettyGaby(f): 10:20am On Jul 24, 2013
ASUU, una don hear abi? better respect unaself, make I write my second semester exam. you ppl can use the long vac as strike
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by lincolnj88: 10:21am On Jul 24, 2013
90 billion can create additional job of 3million....dis ASUU is anoda corrupt union...all dis lecturer‘s with i dont care attitude should not be reasoned instead dat money should be used to create job or increased university infrastructure...d school i attended some lecturers do lecture in almost 3 university,d state poly ,and people are looking 4 job den dey will comeout and say dier workload is too much.....we dont call dat workload we call dat greediness and wickedness..::nobody has monopoly of knowledge...ASUU is disgusting....money spoil show if not abroad is much better

4 Likes

Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by trolling(m): 10:21am On Jul 24, 2013
It's never too late university of cotonou is available cool

1 Like

Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by 9jahubcom(m): 10:22am On Jul 24, 2013
Brimmie: This is not funny anymore! undecided When i dey check brochure, na 5years dem sey i go use na.. Make una no turn my Industrial Design to Medicine for me!!

e go beta
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by Chimerase(m): 10:28am On Jul 24, 2013
I heard dis strike[s][/s]is goin to last til christmas embarassed
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by lincolnj88: 10:28am On Jul 24, 2013
mkmyers45:

You dont know what you are saying Mr,

The current commander-in-thief Goodluck Jonathan signed that agreement now....I have a copy. Nobody forced them to do s.hit because the government had a panel that was negotiating on their behalf for 3 full months nah

Dude, the 100 billion they are asking for is not immediate and it is directly tied to infrastructural and equipment grants.
dat was negotiated and agreed by yar adua it started from sept 2008 den it was signed by april 2009 by yar adua led committee, and d 90 billion does not consist of all u mentioned because each fg university are given equipment and infrastructural grant of 2.3 billion naira anually , dis 90 billion is all about dier workloads......
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by senrino(m): 10:29am On Jul 24, 2013
I don tire 4 al diz tinz o°˚˚˚°º Ω̴̩ȃ wetin?

Dem sae mak we go skul... :Đ. I hapi comot 4 hood п̲̣̣̥̩̥ I drop ma nokia(AK shine shine) ;Đ..

Now m̶̲̅ bk 2d hood....dustin ma shine shine angry.. Hustlin tinz..

Most of ma course mates don 4get reg Ɲ̴̩̩̥̩̩̩̥O̲̣̣̥ finsh... ASUU п̲̣̣̥̩̥ FG una wel done....

Juz pray mak I Ɲ̴̩̩̥̩̩̩̥O̲̣̣̥ catch any of una...God go punish una.
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by abu12: 10:32am On Jul 24, 2013
list of ASUU demand

i. Funding requirements for Revitalization of theNigerian Universities
ii. Federal Government Assistance to State Universities
iii. Establishment of NUPEMCO
iv. Progressive increase in Annual Budgetary Allocation to Education to 26% between 2009 and 2020
v. Earned Allowances
vi. Amendment of the Pension/Retirement Age of Academics on the Professorial cadre from 65to 70 years
vii. Reinstatement of prematurely dissolved Governing Councils
viii. Transfer of Federal Government Landed Property to Universities
ix. Setting up of Research Development Counciland Provision of Research Equipment to laboratories and classrooms in our universities.
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by Omexonomy: 10:33am On Jul 24, 2013
The fg should the style of fashole and his boss thieftunubu. They should increase the school fees to N300,000, employ some E-idio.t like gbawe demdem, garrix7, shym-ex, takdat, spend N90billion on media hype to make it look good and affordable.
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by mkmyers45(m): 10:33am On Jul 24, 2013
lincolnj88: 90 billion can create additional job of 3million....dis ASUU is anoda corrupt union...all dis lecturer‘s with i dont care attitude should not be reasoned instead dat money should be used to create job or increased university infrastructure...d school i attended some lecturers do lecture in almost 3 university,d state poly ,and people are looking 4 job den dey will comeout and say dier workload is too much.....we dont call dat workload we call dat greediness and wickedness..::nobody has monopoly of knowledge...ASUU is disgusting....money spoil show if not abroad is much better

Whats the job data for Nigeria with our over 6trl budget in the past 12 months? Give me the name of a factory constructed within the past year that is now actively employing?
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by mkmyers45(m): 10:36am On Jul 24, 2013
lincolnj88: dat was negotiated and agreed by yar adua it started from sept 2008 den it was signed by april 2009 by yar adua led committee, and d 90 billion does not consist of all u mentioned because each fg university are given equipment and infrastructural grant of 2.3 billion naira anually , dis 90 billion is all about dier workloads......

You are not completely sure of what you are saying....If you indeed have the conditions of the agreement drop them here and we confirm it from official sources ok?
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by sugardaddy1(m): 10:41am On Jul 24, 2013
De-Hero:
I've even forgotten that there's strike... I have a lot to cover... let d strike continue for now. Thanks FG.
You are a wise student
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by lincolnj88: 10:47am On Jul 24, 2013
mkmyers45:

You are not completely sure of what you are saying....If you indeed have the conditions of the agreement drop them here and we confirm it from official sources ok?
i have d conditions but dey are mostly focusing on dier workload and dat workload of 12500 now reduced to 8500 is worth 93.6 billion naira......dier last meeting was dat if dier earned allowance is earned dey will return to d classroom pending d implementation of odas signed in d MOU
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by lincolnj88: 10:47am On Jul 24, 2013
mkmyers45:

i have d conditions but dey are mostly focusing on dier workload and dat workload of 12500 now reduced to 8500 is worth 93.6 billion naira......dier last meeting was dat if dier earned allowance is paid dey will return to d classroom pending d implementation of odas signed in d MOU
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by owie05(m): 10:49am On Jul 24, 2013
BSU,pls mobilize ur students b4 NASUU join dis deadly strike.am tired with 9ja Uni.ICAN n ANAN tin on board.
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by wrench: 10:50am On Jul 24, 2013
This means this strike would last more than we thought.
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by lincolnj88: 10:51am On Jul 24, 2013
mkmyers45:

Whats the job data for Nigeria with our over 6trl budget in the past 12 months? Give me the name of a factory constructed within the past year that is now actively employing?
maybe check about d 500 engineers employed in d new power plants....i dnt know of ur region but were i come from honestly speaking dere is improvement in all sectors ...
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by mkmyers45(m): 11:02am On Jul 24, 2013
lincolnj88: maybe check about d 500 engineers employed in d new power plants....i dnt know of ur region but were i come from honestly speaking dere is improvement in all sectors ...

Common be serious will ya....500? what the? My school graduates more than 500 engineers a year...
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by mkmyers45(m): 11:03am On Jul 24, 2013
lincolnj88: i have d conditions but dey are mostly focusing on dier workload and dat workload of 12500 now reduced to 8500 is worth 93.6 billion naira......dier last meeting was dat if dier earned allowance is paid dey will return to d classroom pending d implementation of odas signed in d MOU

Are you talking of their earned allowance?
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by yetunsbay(m): 11:08am On Jul 24, 2013
Onwe101: ASUU see i must graduate dis yr o! make una just respect unaself...
talk to ur govt
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 24, 2013
THIS COUNTRY NEEDS TO BE PURGED[b][/b]....LIKE THIS IF U ARE IN SUPPORT...OOO

hillsate: Only an irresponsible government will even contemplate a mutually agreed and signed agreement.

What in God's name is minister of labour trying to say about the agreement being inherited? That's foolish. Government cannot talk about inheriting anything. Government is seen as government. Goodluck was vice president when the agreement was reached and signed. Why don't they refuse loans collected or money piled up in the reserves by predecessors?

We have bunch of non sane persons in govt. I even heard one talking about Nigerians now enjoying 16hrs of light. I guess he means sunlight.

A government that can raise 500 million naira to spend on a 3hrs party is talking about inability to meet ASUU demands.

A government that has budgeted some serious money to buy two additional private jets to add to the existing 8 functional jets is talking about inability to meet ASUU demands.

A government that budgeted 4 billion naira to build a complex for Patience Jonathan in the name of NGO is talking about inability to meet ASUU demands.

What a Nigeria!

Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by shegsrules(m): 11:14am On Jul 24, 2013
Come to think of it, d federal universities make a lot of money 4rm tution,accomodation and other levies but how well have the utilised it but rather the VC's run the institution like their private business. This lecturers greedy well
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by Olaolufred(m): 11:21am On Jul 24, 2013
hillsate: Only an irresponsible government will even contemplate a mutually agreed and signed agreement.

What in God's name is minister of labour trying to say about the agreement being inherited? That's foolish. Government cannot talk about inheriting anything. Government is seen as government. Goodluck was vice president when the agreement was reached and signed. Why don't they refuse loans collected or money piled up in the reserves by predecessors?

We have bunch of non sane persons in govt. I even heard one talking about Nigerians now enjoying 16hrs of light. I guess he means sunlight.

A government that can raise 500 million naira to spend on a 3hrs party is talking about inability to meet ASUU demands.

A government that has budgeted some serious money to buy two additional private jets to add to the existing 8 functional jets is talking about inability to meet ASUU demands.

A government that budgeted 4 billion naira to build a complex for Patience Jonathan in the name of NGO is talking about inability to meet ASUU demands.

What a Nigeria!

FOR SAYING THIS SIMPLE TRUTH NOW, SOME WILL SOON COME TO CALL YOU A SOUTH-WESTERNER.
WAIT AND SEE.
Re: Agreement With ASSU Can't Be Implemented - FG by anthoniosp(m): 11:27am On Jul 24, 2013
grin
SamConquer: See People Viewing the thread o.Una don tire For House So Soon...The Strike is only 3 Years Naw...#Dodges Stone#....Lollll
grin
SamConquer: See People Viewing the thread o.Una don tire For House So Soon...The Strike is only 3 Years Naw...#Dodges Stone#....Lollll
cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Operational Apparatus In The South Western Nigeria / Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil / Call For Competition To Compose Nigeria's National Anthem (1960 Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.