Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,371 members, 7,901,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 09:07 PM

My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. (20455 Views)

My Girlfriend Wants To Move Her Things Over & Start Living With Me / ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church / My Girlfriend Wants Me To Break Her Virginity: What I'm Going To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Ykxcels: 4:05pm On Aug 01, 2013
I wont congratulate u 4 dis a big liar shell dy pay 75k n even nlng no dy pay 300k,u seems b 1 of d educated fools!
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by seangy4konji: 4:06pm On Aug 01, 2013
How would you share your atm pin and bank details with a woman because u are dsting and she teaches you books....which school are you inare you a learnerYou don forget IGI DA EYE MA FOOTree should break,the bird will fly...Olll boy,be like say make u be my brother make i knack u correct slap.abi toto weh she deh give you don Bleep up ur brain ni
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 01, 2013
if d have made wat u re today i c no y u shouldn't allow have access to all ur financial account.it only when she want to take with ur permition dat u should draw a line
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Damayor12(m): 4:15pm On Aug 01, 2013
If she really wants to monitor your spending....Go to the bank and make her phone number receive alerts on every withdrawal....Shikena!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by blackbeau1(f): 4:28pm On Aug 01, 2013
Symphony007: One of the reason she gave for wanting the details is that she wants to monitor how i spend the money and advice me on how to invest the money for future purposes. Because after graduation. Jobs won't be waiting with open arms so i need some money to hold on to. It sounds sensible and caring but i'm still skeptical.
so,now you are skeptical. You weren't skeptical when she was tutoring you and pushing you forward to become a better person and to earn the same money you are so eager to keep away from her. Why not try her and see? You've dated her for years. You should know what she is capable of.guys like you are the reason why good gfs don't exist.moral of the story; ladies,there is no need to stand by the guys when they are struggling,they'll just distrust you when they finally make it
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 01, 2013
The girl clearly loves you and appears to be a rare breed, but...

If I was the one:

I will NOT give her my ATM pin or bank account number (she's not yet my wife) and I don't think she needs those details in order to advice me on how to manage my finances. I can give her my investment details and tell her whatever plans I have to do with the money; I won't tell her lies or keep secrets. I will make sure I explain myself/my plans to her. She believes in having a future with you and that's why I think she's asking for those details ( I really don't think she wants to cheat you or anything like that), but then she's not yet your wife.

Just thread carefully bro so you don't hurt her feelings... money is indeed the root of all _______.

Damayor12: If she really wants to monitor your spending....Go to the bank and make her phone number receive alerts on every withdrawal....Shikena!
Chairman you make sense.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by ablyguy(m): 4:48pm On Aug 01, 2013
From all you said I'm quite certain someone must have polluted her mind with jealousy and gave her a false sense of entitlement( which isn't entirely false on my part). See past the sweet talks man. Never reveal your ATM pin to anyone not even your mother. What makes you think that pin won't slip out of her mouth one day to a stranger or even her relatives. You can give her access to your bank statements if you're certain of the people surrounding her. But I'll advise you sometimes let her know or even seek her advice when you spend the money. She looks like a good woman. Hold on to her but don't give her your pin...

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Viscy(m): 4:49pm On Aug 01, 2013
The ladies in d house wud ever back d gal. Thats expected anyway. My advice.. dont b mislead or control by emotions my friend, Ur bank details is ur bank detaila not OUR bank details so guild it jealousy from any body. No one is to b trusted u knw how dynamic human are, today we r Lovin, supportive n carin but tomoro we may change.

Am certain she wuld neva consider givin u her own bank details if u had demanded it BEFORE NOW

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Jibsonified(m): 5:45pm On Aug 01, 2013
freecocoa: I didn't even see this post before giving my advice so you see, I had a feeling this is what her reason could be.

I felt like that cos its something I would do but only if I'm sure the man I'm with isn't good with spending money.

OP I understand your skepticism cos tbh it takes a whole lot to trust someone with all you have but then, you should be able to make this decision based on how far you've come with this girl, is she the type who would stay with you through thick and thin? Has money always been an issue with you two? Does she have some money of her own and doesn't expect you to shoulder all her responsibilities? Is she materialistic? Am I handling money the right way? Do I give her a reason to feel I'm not my best when it comes to money issues?

Questions like the above are what you should ask yourself before reaching a conclusion.

@Freecocoa hmm.. u sounded like a JW in ur use of questions #JuzAnObservation
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Kamifred(f): 6:20pm On Aug 01, 2013
As 4 me OP.i see no reason y u shud giv her those details,insted b4 u spend frm the money both of you shud agree abt it in dt way she can be in control of ur xpenditures n stil hav acess if she wants 2 get anytin.My dear trust no1 in dis world,d angel u seein 2day can change 2moro
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by NobiGod: 6:30pm On Aug 01, 2013
If this story is true then you guys missing the point. Yes, she helping him to better heights but there is something troubling about her. She's a control freak! Sorry, I don't think she would make a good wife. She dates him because he listens to her and she's allowed to be the man in the relationship. The day he starts going against her or questioning some of her suggestions, would be the beginning of the end.

Those suggesting he gives her his personal bank info are missing the point big time. I suggest he comes to compromise with her that doesn't have to with his bank's info.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Wislet(f): 6:32pm On Aug 01, 2013
@symphony (OP)

ARE YOU STILL THERE? #before I give my own advice#
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Shhnene: 6:56pm On Aug 01, 2013
I'm beginning to wonder why dis girl didn't ask for your account details from the onset before you got your scholarshipsad. Monitoring your spending by getting your account details doesn't sound right. Abi u get anoda person you spend money on

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by tomzman: 7:02pm On Aug 01, 2013
Kamifred: As 4 me OP.i see no reason y u shud giv her those details,insted b4 u spend frm the money both of you shud agree abt it in dt way she can be in control of ur xpenditures n stil hav acess if she wants 2 get anytin.My dear trust no1 in dis world,d angel u seein 2day can change 2moro
I'm suprised this is comimg from a female.

@topic. Well, having read sexkillz and freecocoa's replies, I would advice you not to give her those details. From your posts, I can deduce that the girl is subtly controlling. It's more like she's the man. She has been controlling you softly all along and you have been falling for it. Fine, It turned out for your good but for Christ's sake she is still your girlfriend not your wife. I won't want you to lose her cos she seems like a wife material but you guys should sit and find other ways of achieving financial prudence.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Fxwarrior: 7:09pm On Aug 01, 2013
alutacontinua: I think freecocoa has a point.
It depends on how far you guy's relationship has gone and the kind of lady she is.
If deep down in you, you don't trust her enough, bros, no try am, abeg of you but if you would trust her with your life, then, she probably might help put the money to better use. Read freecocoa's posts again and digest it, that is all you need on this thread.

Leelee lekwa ha.Ha choro iri m. Taaaaa! Op infact Samson and Adam will weep to know that you didn't learn from their experience.She's your girlfriend not a wife.Remember!

Why I even dey disturb myself.Infact give am your Atm card and pin. As if she can't advise you without them.Rubbish
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Fxwarrior: 7:10pm On Aug 01, 2013
alutacontinua: I think freecocoa has a point.
It depends on how far you guy's relationship has gone and the kind of lady she is.
If deep down in you, you don't trust her enough, bros, no try am, abeg of you but if you would trust her with your life, then, she probably might help put the money to better use. Read freecocoa's posts again and digest it, that is all you need on this thread.

Leelee lekwa ha.Ha choro iri m. Taaaaa! Op infact Samson and Adam will weep to know that you didn't learn from their experience.She's your girlfriend not a wife.Remember!

Why I even dey disturb myself.Infact give am your Atm card and pin. As if she can't advise you without them.Rubbish .

Na your kind dey chop onions while woman dey chop suya.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by alanmwene: 7:12pm On Aug 01, 2013
sexkillz: You've been an obedient puppy from get go. Are you refusing to obey this time around because money is involved? You smelt money and suddenly remembered you have balls?

You allowed her run your life happily. You have never complained about her nor the sacrifices she has done and undergone for you. How many girls will teach and encourage a boy these days? Stand by him and make sure he takes his books seriously? Nudge him to apply for an exam, and coach him to success? Those are the qualities of a wife. It's a pity and a shame that you have chosen to look at the financial aspect alone.

A person who is grateful will share that money into 2 and give her half, just to show appreciation. Count how many blessings that have come to you because she was there. Now she is bad because money is coming your way.

Shame on you my brother, shame on you.

Some people do not know what they have, until it's taken away from them. In few years to come, you'll be looking for a "wife material".

How many present day wives have the interests of their husbands at heart like this girl does?

Smh.

wise words!
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Fxwarrior: 7:18pm On Aug 01, 2013
Really, I laugh in Pidgin English.Never underestimate a woman.Many in the graves were sent there because of them.

black_beau: so,now you are skeptical. You weren't skeptical when she was tutoring you and pushing you forward to become a better person and to earn the same money you are so eager to keep away from her. Why not try her and see? You've dated her for years. You should know what she is capable of.guys like you are the reason why good gfs don't exist.moral of the story; ladies,there is no need to stand by the guys when they are struggling,they'll just distrust you when they finally make it
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by philfearon(m): 7:27pm On Aug 01, 2013
My man,u berrah run and come to Ibari Ogwa for Owerri,where Ngwori full kasaa cum eat da money........
But then wait o,my guy,i dont bliv ur story....This is pure Crap.....The last time i checked,You cant be getting Money from two Scholarships,It is alwaz one....Infact,it is a"Must Condition",alwaz stipulated in the award that if u are on Scholarship already,dont bother writing the exams........
Am through....
Waiting for Attacks....
Thank God 4 u shaa,FP Tinz....
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Switsex(f): 7:27pm On Aug 01, 2013
There should be a limit to everything u do in life. I would have advice u to go ahead and handover ur bank details to her,IF only she was your wife.
My dear wise up don't allow her to dictate 4u...You should be the one managing ur finance.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Symphony007: 7:29pm On Aug 01, 2013
I am touched by every comment i have seen here. I thank you all for spending your time,energy,mb and many more to advice me. You don't know what it means to me,

i want to clear the air on a view held by so many of you that i am a puppet and my girlfriend is lord over our relationship. That's not true. Our relationship is based on mutual love and respect and yes, i wear the pants in the relationship.

Once again, i am gratefull hearing from most of you who have more experience on relationship issues. Thank you. Whatever question or clarrification you may have. I am here now to respond.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by kevoh(m): 7:34pm On Aug 01, 2013
Symphony007: Once again, i am gratefull hearing from most of you who have more experience on relationship issues. Thank you. Whatever question or clarrification you may have. I am here now to respond.
So what decision have you finally taken? To give atm pin or not?

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by austinoloche(m): 7:41pm On Aug 01, 2013
Don't u hav 2 bank accs. Split d money into 2 den test her wit d 2nd acc. And see what follows.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by solelymade: 7:59pm On Aug 01, 2013
sexkillz: Yes you are berating and insulting her and by painting her in this way, you are also making the way open for total strangers to insult her. People who have no idea of what she has really gone thru for you can now open their mouths and call her idi.ot, because she coached you to pass an exam that has fetched you a paltry sum of 500,000 naira.

Will that money last forever? You passed an exam, you were awarded 500k, so you feel you have arrived? Push her away and go get another girl who'll not ask for your details but who doesn't care for your success? I can see how wise you are.

Have you even ever thought that she may not mean it the way you are painting and wanting it to be? You yourself said she is brainy and has what it takes, so apart from her not being an indigene, she'd have written this exam and trumped it. She is your girlfriend. Feels responsible for you. Organizes your life, so naturally, someone that literally brought you from scratch would expect that you continue in that parabolic trajectory but because she knows how disorganized you are, and tend to be, she asked for your details, to monitor your spending.

500k will come and go, but this girl will remain. Eject her at your own detriment. Such girls are a blessing and they never lack. She is intelligent and brainy and wise, a very good combination. You think she's after your chicken change? Don't worry, the euphoria of this money will die down and your eye shall be opened, and then you'll realize that you have let go the only person who truly ever cared about you. . . Forget what some People without caring girlfriends on this thread are saying. Some don't even have "re", not to talk of relationship. Some think all girls are the same. NONE of us will ever know how much she cares about you, but from what you have said, you have to trust this lady who has come this far for you and with you. . . She has earned it.

I don't care if my words hurt or not. If I was nearby I'd have applied a slap as well if it would help the ministry. It irritates me when guys become foolish out of mere assumptions cos money was involved.

Where would this money be if it wasn't for her?

Think.

Bros, look @ d set of people loving this comment and draw a logical conclusion.
DISCLAIMER: THAT GIRL GO SOON BE YA OGA
REFERENCE: JONATHAN AND PATIENCE
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by DECOtech(m): 8:28pm On Aug 01, 2013
In the first intance, what do you, at this stage in life need a GF for? Don't let her derail your future and destiny.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Symphony007: 8:33pm On Aug 01, 2013
kevoh:
So what decision have you finally taken? To give atm pin or not?
thanks in part to you guys i have made a decision but i won't say it here, if i do, i will disappiont those who don't agree with me. As you can see from the comment, some folks are really vocal about this. So it's better i preserve my decision and apprecaite all the comments.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by kevoh(m): 8:50pm On Aug 01, 2013
Symphony007: thanks in part to you guys i have made a decision but i won't say it here, if i do, i will disappiont those who don't agree with me. As you can see from the comment, some folks are really vocal about this. So it's better i preserve my decision and apprecaite all the comments.
Nice one.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by kingkoboko: 8:53pm On Aug 01, 2013
MARRY HER

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 01, 2013
Arosa: Op, this girl is a jewel in your life, give her what she ask for and you will be blessed the more.
U cn only know ones true character when money is involved. If she is genuinely a jewel, an advice is enough not to ask for the key to his treasury. One should know when to say bring and also when to say its enough. Op don't try it, otherwise you will bite your fingers.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by ocelot2006(m): 9:33pm On Aug 01, 2013
Symphony007: thanks in part to you guys i have made a decision but i won't say it here, if i do, i will disappiont those who don't agree with me. As you can see from the comment, some folks are really vocal about this. So it's better i preserve my decision and apprecaite all the comments.

You gave her the damn info....jeez...pls feel free to hand over your balls and spine, bruv, cos you're now a confirmed wussy maga. Feel free to pick up your brand new vagina on your way out.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by legendprac(m): 9:37pm On Aug 01, 2013
U can give her some money... A good amount if u feel she's worth it... But ur atm pin n other details? Haba!!!!!
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by collynzo2(m): 9:40pm On Aug 01, 2013
This story is as fake as they come.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? / Have You Dated A Girl/Guy Who Doesn't FORGIVE? / Tag The Cutest And Beautiful Male And Female Niaralander You Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.