Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,089 members, 7,916,168 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 04:53 PM

My First Wordpress Powered Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My First Wordpress Powered Website (721 Views)

Free Training – How To Build Your Wordpress Powered Blogs And Website / Programmer Needed To Patch Up Hacked Site (wordpress Powered) / Creating The Perfect Robots.txt For Your Wordpress Powered Blog / Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Wordpress Powered Website by greenmouse(m): 6:01pm On Jul 24, 2013
As i posted before, am beginning to convert my websites to wordpress in order to become responsive and easy for my clients to manage from their own end.

http://www.almondsignatures.com/ (wordpress powered

the old link doen on HTML/CSS is www.almonds.greenmousetech.com

comments required.

still adjusting few things on the wordpress own.
Re: My First Wordpress Powered Website by Fhemmmy: 6:11pm On Jul 24, 2013
Nice
Re: My First Wordpress Powered Website by yawatide(f): 7:25pm On Jul 24, 2013
1) Are you undertaking these conversions as a public service or for pay? In other words, who is initiating the conversions?

2) The 2 sites you have shown do not match in looks or layout. Is the client okay with the new changes?

3) Always use a CMS for managing the content and not because you want the sites to be responsive - you can always code a responsive site from scratch, or using ready-made frameworks like foundation or twitter bootstrap.
Re: My First Wordpress Powered Website by GraphicsPlus(m): 7:41pm On Jul 24, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
3) Always use a CMS for managing the content and not because you want the sites to be responsive - you can always code a responsive site from scratch, or using ready-made frameworks like foundation or twitter bootstrap.

Again, wordpress theme does not automatically translate to responsive site. Not all wordpress themes are responsive, although most are.

I dont think you should have settled for this theme. You can get a better one at themeforest.net for between 10 USD and 50 USD.

Text-shadow is not properly used here.

The content is not centered in other pages, unless it's deliberate. Who says content must always be margin: 0 auto?

The drop-down menu looks weird to me especially the long one. Why not make the drop down a mega menu?

You really will need to customize the theme more as you said you are still working on it.

The dark background is good since this is a fashion and beauty website.
Re: My First Wordpress Powered Website by greenmouse(m): 10:43pm On Jul 24, 2013
GraphicsPlus:

Again, wordpress theme does not automatically translate to responsive site. Not all wordpress themes are responsive, although most are.

I dont think you should have settled for this theme. You can get a better one at themeforest.net for between 10 USD and 50 USD.

Text-shadow is not properly used here.

The content is not centered in other pages, unless it's deliberate. Who says content must always be margin: 0 auto?

The drop-down menu looks weird to me especially the long one. Why not make the drop down a mega menu?

You really will need to customize the theme more as you said you are still working on it.

The dark background is good since this is a fashion and beauty website.

I don't wish to buy themes, I need to work with inbuilt wordpress themes, am still working on the site. Wanted it to look similar to what it is formally.
Re: My First Wordpress Powered Website by databoy247(m): 6:12am On Jul 25, 2013
@OP,nice job. Wordpress is good if you know how to use it right.
Re: My First Wordpress Powered Website by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 25, 2013
Good start! You can do better though.
Re: My First Wordpress Powered Website by greenmouse(m): 12:10pm On Jul 25, 2013
thanks my people, am just starting it out, alot will come soon
Re: My First Wordpress Powered Website by miracle4(m): 12:31pm On Jul 25, 2013
greenmouse: thanks [size=15pt]my people[/size], am just starting it out, alot will come soon
you are now beginning to sound like one red-capped fat bellied igbo chief ..... kudos to all your exploits bro
Re: My First Wordpress Powered Website by greenmouse(m): 12:48pm On Jul 25, 2013
miracle4: you are now beginning to sound like one red-capped fat bellied igbo chief ..... kudos to all your exploits bro

hmmh, lolz
Re: My First Wordpress Powered Website by Fhemmmy: 1:03pm On Jul 25, 2013
When you are done, lemme know, i could have a job for you . . . . Or send me a mail
Re: My First Wordpress Powered Website by greenmouse(m): 1:17pm On Jul 25, 2013
Fhemmmy: When you are done, lemme know, i could have a job for you . . . . Or send me a mail

thanks,

inbox me your email via info@greenmousetech.com

(1) (Reply)

Fraudulent Hosting Firms & Individuals Exposed! / Shared And Reseller Hosting Coupon - 50% Off Web Hosting In Nigeria / Ict Practical Intensive Training @ Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.