Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,635 members, 7,905,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 11:26 AM

Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) (80565 Views)

Caption These Air Conditioned Houses. Pictures. / FG’s Mortgage Scheme Kicked Off With First Set Of 10,000 Houses / Lands, Houses, And Filling Stations For Sale At Awka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by jt2010: 7:06pm On Jul 25, 2013
Beync: get a life my dear
Suffering and smiling isn't the way
I appreciate good things and boast with the things I own.
Don't be a slave in ur own kingdom
Just an advise.

Who is a dear to bad-belle woman grin cheesy tongue na two time stinge people dey suffer... when they have and when they do not.... So be happy whenever you hear anything about good things of life...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 25, 2013
Greetings

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by 60Nine: 7:07pm On Jul 25, 2013
Much more smiley

1 Like

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by naptu2: 7:08pm On Jul 25, 2013
eastOFwest: The purpose of this thread is futile and is obvious to any sane thinking person. If you can't list the owners of these houses, then there is no way of knowing if they are bini, urhobo, tiv, igbo, ijaw, yoruba, Lebanese, Indian etc. Lagos is a cosmopolitan city and attracts people from everywhere. Its geographical location being in Yoruba land has no bearing on property ownership. For example, more than 80% of properties in central London are owned by foreigners!

Now, if you go and take pictures of properties in Yoruba towns like Ede, Ikere, Owo, Ilesha, etc, then it will be difficult for anybody to say they are not owned by Yorubas.

The title of the thread is Lagos family houses, it does not say yoruba family houses, edo family houses, kanuri family houses, etc, so why should the names of the owners be listed?

Anyway, the owners of many of the houses are listed.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by 60Nine: 7:08pm On Jul 25, 2013
olas2u: Greetings

Don't mind them.........lol grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by 60Nine: 7:08pm On Jul 25, 2013
Why do Ibos like claiming Yoruba properties on Nairaland? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 25, 2013
jt2010:

Why the FG no build the structure in your SS or SE?
hmmm,just luk at GEJ ESTATE ABUJA.U go think say no b nigeria,na 100% LIVE in 9ja.

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 25, 2013
black_beau: why are you showing us just the houses in vi and banana island? show us the ones in ebutte metta,obalende,ajegunle,ojota so we can 'admire' them
sadist

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by 60Nine: 7:12pm On Jul 25, 2013
smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by 60Nine: 7:14pm On Jul 25, 2013
smiley wink smiley

1 Like

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 25, 2013
Must u people bring tribalism everywhere . angry undecided.
Lagos is the pride of Nigeria. Esp 4 non yoruba . And we are in Africa there is no such thing as no mans land .yes Lagos belongs to yoruba. But any Nigerian Should b proud of Lagos. This is actually the only place that can can make me visit Nigeria. The name alone is something else. Lagos. cool cool

1 Like

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by 60Nine: 7:16pm On Jul 25, 2013
Ekoooooo tongue

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 25, 2013
Lagos,Nigeria,West-Africa,Africa

1 Like

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by OnoEdosio(m): 7:17pm On Jul 25, 2013
Emmmm at OP, Mod(s) et al..is the topic of this thread not meant to be LAGOS FAMILIAR HOUSES or what? That FAMILY sounds wrong.
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by 60Nine: 7:17pm On Jul 25, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Must u people bring tribalism everywhere . angry undecided.
Lagos is the pride of Nigeria. Esp 4 non yoruba . And we are in Africa there is no such thing as no mans land .yes Lagos belongs to yoruba. But any Nigerian Should b proud of Lagos. This is actually the only place that can can make me visit Nigeria. The name alone is something else. Lagos. cool cool

Exactly. Yet hatred and belittling of Yorubas are brought to the thread and all because of what? cool
Lagos is the pride of Africa, one of its progressive megacities.......

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by 60Nine: 7:20pm On Jul 25, 2013
Did anyone go to the ibo village thread to spit insult at them?

shocked

Jealousy tongue

More pixs jare

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by eastOFwest(m): 7:22pm On Jul 25, 2013
naptu2:

The title of the thread is Lagos family houses, it does not say yoruba family houses, edo family houses, kanuri family houses, etc, so why should the names of the owners be listed?

Anyway, the owners of many of the houses are listed.

Because people have being making emphatic claims here as statement of facts regarding the owners. Or didn't u see?

Meanwhile, only a handful were listed!
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by yarodin: 7:26pm On Jul 25, 2013
Lagos is very sweet, I am happy that Yorubas defeated Biafra so that we can all come live in Lagos. Eko ni bajon oooooooooooooooooooh. Please any pictures of Igbo dominated areas of Festac, Orile etc? Post because we are all Lagosians.
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by PeterKbaba: 7:26pm On Jul 25, 2013
olas2u: Lagos,Nigeria,West-Africa,Africa

LAGOS,
WESTERN NIGERIA,
WESTERN AFRICA,
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by MARKREN: 7:27pm On Jul 25, 2013
I cannot but look at this thread with all the comments and laugh at we Nigerians. We are so short sighted and myopic, it is not surprising that Lagagda called us 200 Million mumus while Fela called us "suffering & smiling".

Here we are arguing over which tribe who owns majority of the houses, whose pictures were uploaded, not asking the important questions Eg. What is the source of this stupendous wealth that enables them to own such property? How much do these property owners pay in income tax? What are their contributions to our society outside showing us that they have made it? Most of these property are owned by people who have stolen our public wealth and used it to their own selfish benefit. These are people who took loans from banks and did not pay back making it difficult for ordinary people like you and me to get little loans to manage our business or solve temporary cashflow problems and in some cases lead to the closure of some banks throwing people out of employment & generating losses for people who invested their life savings in their stock: These are people who collect contracts and don’t execute them, but pocket the funds: They are also people who have fleece their congregations of a percentage of their earnings in the name of religion with little or nothing to show except “cathedrals, big mosques”, schools most of their congregation cannot afford and opulent livestyles their “flock” aspire to: They are people who feed fat on rent seeking activities that do not generate any real economic benefit. In some cases they owe their employees for months and do not pay for services rendered to them. Their children go to foreign schools, they go to foreign hospitals when they have headache or catch common cold, go abroad to “shop” & holiday while we continue to languish here with no light, water, roads, education, hospitals etc.

I served in Taraba State the home state of Gen. T. Y. Danjuma. For someone who has such considerable influence in govt since 1976, there is nothing to show in the state. His hometown Takum does not have motorable roads, hospitals or good schools. This is the story of all our "Big Men" who have made it by being close to power irrespective of the states they come from, while we Nigerians fight each other over the crumbs they feed to us.
Imagine a post from someone congratulating himself & other people of his tribe for being the "ones" who own most of these properties; Properties you do not personally own or have any stake in, and then some other person arguing that the majority is from his tribe & the wars of words began to trade back and forth. I laugh hard almost falling off my chair.

Majority of the people who own these properties do not care about you or me irrespective of whether you belong to their tribe or not, as money has no religion, no tribe, no creed especially in our case where corruption is the order of the day. This has been the common thread since 1960; every tribe fighting the other over seeds sown by these power brokers while they continue to plunder our common wealth. At the end of the day we complain when nothing works.

I can go on and on but I will end with this: Dangote recently launched a Foundation to give soft loans to Nigerian in all the 774 LGAs with a view to empower them to start small businesses. I am not a big fan of Dangote, as I also hold him partly responsible for the death of a lot of local manufacturing companies in the 80’s & 90’s due to the destructive polices which he largely benefited from. But since then he has been trying to repay back by bringing local production to Nigeria, creating employment and paying taxes to all levels of govt for his activities. He was not the only one who enjoyed one form of incentive from Govt. . Imagine if we have 20, 50, 100 or 1000 Dangotes in this country all creating wealth, providing jobs & most importantly paying taxes and doing charity work, we would not be in this mess we call Nigeria. Imagine we ran a system where ideas rule and not where you come from, which tribe you belong to, which religion you profess, which church you attend, and not but these leaders whose are only interest is “it is their turn to control, chop, share, steal,etc” as if it is their God given right.

Nigeria will never move forward as long as we continue to feed off the crumbs our selfish leaders serve us, lased with tribal, ethnic and religious connotations. Why, because they know that as long as they do that we will never ask the right questions and challenge them (simple divide & rule)

18 Likes

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by 60Nine: 7:29pm On Jul 25, 2013
B

1 Like

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 25, 2013
Magodo Brooks

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by 60Nine: 7:32pm On Jul 25, 2013
Moreee

1 Like

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by 60Nine: 7:35pm On Jul 25, 2013
Mo.reee

1 Like

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by 60Nine: 7:37pm On Jul 25, 2013
Mor.eee

1 Like

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by 60Nine: 7:41pm On Jul 25, 2013
Yes boss

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by Chinom(m): 7:41pm On Jul 25, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Must u people bring tribalism everywhere . angry undecided.

Define " Belongs" . Maybe the same way Texas 'belongs' to the Chicano IndiaNS. Most importantly, how would the Yorubas reclaim 'their' land.
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by 60Nine: 7:43pm On Jul 25, 2013
Chinom:

Define " Belongs" . Maybe the same way Texas 'belongs' to the Chicano IndiaNS. Most importantly, how would the Yorubas reclaim 'their' land.

Lol @ philosophy. Yes belongs as in ownership. Does Enugu belong to Ibos? Olodo grin
Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by 60Nine: 7:44pm On Jul 25, 2013
Yes o

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 25, 2013
Kuramo waters

1 Like

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by naptu2: 7:45pm On Jul 25, 2013
Magodo (Lagos Mainland).

1 Like

Re: Lagos Family Houses (Pictures) by eastOFwest(m): 7:48pm On Jul 25, 2013
MARK-REN:
I cannot but look at this thread with all the comments and laugh at we Nigerians. We are so short sighted and myopic, it is not surprising that Lagagda called us 200 Million mumus while Fela called us "suffering & smiling".
Here we are arguing over which tribe who owns majority of the houses, whose pictures were uploaded, not asking the important questions Eg. What is the source of this stupendous wealth that enables them to own such property? How much do these property owners pay in income tax? What are their contributions to our society outside showing us that they have made it? Most of these property are owned by people who have stolen our public wealth and used it to their own selfish benefit. These are people who took loans from banks and did not pay back making it difficult for ordinary people like you and me to get little loans to manage our business or solve temporary cashflow problems and in some cases lead to the closure of some banks throwing people out of employment & generating losses for people who invested their life savings in their stock: These are people who collect contracts and don’t execute them, but pocket the funds: They are also people who have fleece their congregations of a percentage of their earnings in the name of religion with little or nothing to show except “cathedrals, big mosques”, schools most of their congregation cannot afford and opulent livestyles their “flock” aspire to: They are people who feed fat on rent seeking activities that do not generate any real economic benefit. In some cases they owe their employees for months and do not pay for services rendered to them. Their children go to foreign schools, they go to foreign hospitals when they have headache or catch common cold, go abroad to “shop” & holiday while we continue to languish here with no light, water, roads, education, hospitals etc.
I served in Taraba State the home state of Gen. T. Y. Danjuma. For someone who has such considerable influence in govt since 1976, there is nothing to show in the state. His hometown Takum does not have motorable roads, hospitals or good schools. This is the story of all our "Big Men" who have made it by being close to power irrespective of the states they come from, while we Nigerians fight each other over the crumbs they feed to us.
Imagine a post from someone congratulating himself & other people of his tribe for being the "ones" who own most of these properties; Properties you do not personally own or have any stake in, and then some other person arguing that the majority is from his tribe & the wars of words began to trade back and forth. I laugh hard almost falling off my chair.
Majority of the people who own these properties do not care about you or me irrespective of whether you belong to their tribe or not, as money has no religion, no tribe, no creed especially in our case where corruption is the order of the day. This has been the common thread since 1960; every tribe fighting the other over seeds sown by these power brokers while they continue to plunder our common wealth. At the end of the day we complain when nothing works.
I can go on and on but I will end with this: Dangote recently launched a Foundation to give soft loans to Nigerian in all the 774 LGAs with a view to empower them to start small businesses. I am not a big fan of Dangote, as I also hold him partly responsible for the death of a lot of local manufacturing companies in the 80’s & 90’s due to the destructive polices which he largely benefited from. But since then he has been trying to repay back by bringing local production to Nigeria, creating employment and paying taxes to all levels of govt for his activities. He was not the only one who enjoyed one form of incentive from Govt. . Imagine if we have 20, 50, 100 or 1000 Dangotes in this country all creating wealth, providing jobs & most importantly paying taxes and doing charity work, we would not be in this mess we call Nigeria. Imagine we ran a system where ideas rule and not where you come from, which tribe you belong to, which religion you profess, which church you attend, and not but these leaders whose are only interest is “it is their turn to control, chop, share, steal,etc” as if it is their God given right.
Nigeria will never move forward as long as we continue to feed off the crumbs our selfish leaders serve us, lased with tribal, ethnic and religious connotations. Why, because they know that as long as they do that we will never ask the right questions and challenge them (simple divide & rule)?

Bros, if not for our myopic views and short-sightedness, how Oga Seun go chop? How will NairaLand be sustained? Where would you have written your long espitle?

There are a lot of very frustrated people that come here to "vent" and lash out or jeer the usual suspects (Wiseman from the east, flash boy from the west, dogo from the north). This I believe, is much better than subjecting their wives, children, domestics, workers and relatives to daily beatings and other forms of sadistic tyranny.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

World's Most Expensive House 'The One' In Bel Air, Los Angeles (Pictures) / Dstv/ Free to Air Satellite tv Stations/ Multi-dwelling Unit Installation / Best Price On High Quality Tiles:Spain/Italy/China/Nigeria Tiles.(photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.