Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,383 members, 7,881,385 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:17 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match (27422 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Thanks His Friend For His Success / Best Free Kick Taker In The World? / The World's Best Free Kick Taker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by chuqudy(m): 1:28am On Jul 25, 2013
Not intentionally, of course, but the Portuguese superstar hit the headlines on Wednesday morning after it emerged that his wayward free kick during Real Madrid's friendly against Bournemouth at the weekend left one fan nursing a broken wrist.

11-year-old Charlie Silverwood was at Dean Court for the Cherries' pre-season friendly against the Spanish giants, and was delighted to have scored seats right behind the goal.

Six minutes in, however, his prime seats proved to be a liability as a Ronaldo free kick - struck at full power from 35 yards - dipped over the goal and smashed young Charlie on his left arm.

The shot left his wrist broken in two places, but the brave Bournemouth fan refused to leave the ground to get medical help - and no wonder, considering the outrageous ticket prices.

"I could see the ball coming towards me. It curled past the post and was going to hit my face — so I had to block it with my hand," Charlie told The Sun, before going on to explain that his dad, Lee, could have stepped in to stop the injury happening.

"My dad was sat next to me and ducked out of the way so I took the full force."

Charming, eh? Poor little Charlie. But he was just grateful that it wasn't worse.

"If I didn't put my wrist out in front of me I'd have ended up with no front teeth," he told Sky News.

He stayed to watch the final 84 minutes of the match before going to hospital, where it emerged that his wrist was broken in two places.

That alone is something to consider next time you lambast a footballer for flinching out of the way while making up part of a free kick wall.

The story has a happy ending, however: Real Madrid organised a signed Ronaldo shirt for Charlie, while Bournemouth sent him a ball signed by the team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxpVTaKJB_o

Source: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/ronaldo-breaks-11-old-arm-during-friendly-080444557.html?vp=1

4 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by Nobody: 1:50am On Jul 25, 2013
Hw e tay biznes me nah??.nxt!!!?!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by chuqudy(m): 5:58am On Jul 25, 2013
kizmartino: Hw e tay biznes me nah??.nxt!!!?!!!!!!!!

Because you like Ronaldo

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by stonemind(f): 10:01pm On Jul 25, 2013
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my f*king GOD i'm 3rd to comment, cant believe this..... Dancing azonto remix ALINGO....... Thank u oga seun for giving me this oportunity.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by Roland17(m): 10:01pm On Jul 25, 2013
e be like say na yam CR7 carry for those legs grin

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by ritux: 10:01pm On Jul 25, 2013
And so! Mtcheeeeew
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by kehinde1588(m): 10:02pm On Jul 25, 2013
Je kowaalee oo...ko durosoke oooo

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by hustla(m): 10:02pm On Jul 25, 2013
k
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 25, 2013
Some pple will still blame goodluck johnathan for dis. Hit like if u agree

43 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 25, 2013
No be only Indian get that jazz ooo
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by alphaconde(m): 10:04pm On Jul 25, 2013
;DWhat I have in mind to say is funny. Am not saying it anyway but its better than booking a space with fullstop.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by Smartlife(m): 10:05pm On Jul 25, 2013
He dosent knw hw to play again. Neymar is taking over.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 25, 2013
Bwahahahahaah
trust C na... C's short get power!
If it jams u at the wrong spot!
Ndo! Bwahahah..
Sorry to the kid man but I expected C to at least, sign the kid some autograph then take care of his hospital bills

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by supaeagles(m): 10:05pm On Jul 25, 2013
I no blame some goalies for taking style to miss and allow his free kicks to enter goal ....

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by seedord247(m): 10:05pm On Jul 25, 2013
aro1: Some pple will still blame goodluck johnathan for dis. Hit like if u agree

Will the likes change your aridity life?

14 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by Oyetboy(m): 10:06pm On Jul 25, 2013
*yawns*

bed is calling

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by bankyblue(m): 10:06pm On Jul 25, 2013
Ronaldo baba. Take it easy Oº°˚ ˚°º keep the rest for bacar.

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by smudge2079(m): 10:06pm On Jul 25, 2013
old news ..mtchewww
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 25, 2013
Smartlife: He dosent knw hw to play again. Neymar is taking over.
don't talk trash johr! Don't talk like a non-sport lover!
Wait until Neymar reaches 28 before you give me those look.
Ok, when C was about Neymar's age, who played better now huh?

4 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by cannonnier(m): 10:08pm On Jul 25, 2013
freekick lord. Cr7 you are a superstar.
Haha madrid.

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by rinze: 10:10pm On Jul 25, 2013
[quote author=aro1]Some pple will still blame goodluck johnathan for dis. Hit like if u agree[/quote)

Smart ass,hoping for an increased 'like' on a silly coment,u aint getting any.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by otikpoko(m): 10:11pm On Jul 25, 2013
He was fortunate that it was not Roberto Carlos or Batistuta who took that free kick if not,na armputate dem 4 armputate d hand!lolz

6 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 25, 2013
Playing free kick requires techniques not short. CR7 go and ask David Beckham and Juninho Of this world and they will tell you it's not by short it's by techniques.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by seedord247(m): 10:14pm On Jul 25, 2013
derespect: Playing free kick requires techniques not short. CR7 go and ask David Beckham and Juninho Of this world and they will tell you it's not by short it's by techniques.

What about carlos?.... Does he use techniques?

5 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 25, 2013
No wonder before a freekick,the defending player must use hand to cover their joystick.
A broken hand is better than a broken joystick.

12 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by gulfer: 10:15pm On Jul 25, 2013
aro1: Some pple will still blame goodluck johnathan for dis. Hit like if u agree
mumu, hit Like if you agree with me angry

22 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by Cutepie1(f): 10:15pm On Jul 25, 2013
Sorry o jare
@least u didnt suffer in vain cos u were given a ball n a shirt
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 25, 2013
derespect: Playing free kick requires techniques not short. CR7 go and ask David Beckham and Juninho Of this world and they will tell you it's not by short it's by techniques.
short ko,knickers ni.

5 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by oluwamykel(m): 10:16pm On Jul 25, 2013
alpha conde: ;DWhat I have in mind to say is funny. Am not saying it anyway but its better than booking a space with fullstop.

SO FUNNY THAT IT GOT TO A POINT THAT IT BECOMES UNFUNNY AGAIN...
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 25, 2013
The fear of Ronaldo's Free-kicks - wayward or otherwise - is the beginning of wisdom! Fans and Goalies, take note.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 25, 2013
Eyaa,bribing things!who say corruption no dey other countries and people's blood stream? ;DEyaa,bribing things!who say corruption no dey other countries and people's blood stream?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Free-Kick Breaks Boy's Wrist In Friendly Match by cannonnier(m): 10:21pm On Jul 25, 2013

But cr7 score more freekick than most of the your so called freekick technicians.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Crystal Palace (3 - 0) On 14th August 2021 / Aston Villa Vs Manchester United (2 - 2) On 15th January 2022 / Leeds vs Manchester United (2 - 4) On 20th February 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.