Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,016 members, 7,976,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 02:32 PM

Inspirational Story of NASCAR Engineer Who Was Born Without Arms - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Inspirational Story of NASCAR Engineer Who Was Born Without Arms (655 Views)

Photos: Meet Mother & Son Born Without Arms! / Girl Born Without A Face / 'I Was Born Without A Joystick But I'm Getting One Made From My ARM' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Inspirational Story of NASCAR Engineer Who Was Born Without Arms by infonubia(m): 2:42am On Jul 25, 2013
A few weeks ago, I posted a video of Nick Vujicic where he talked about about getting back up again no matter how many times you fall.

Today, I'm posting another inspirational video about Richie Parker, a 30-year-old Beaufort, South Carolina native who was born without arms, yet he is a top chassis and body component engineer for Hendrick Motorsports, the most winning organization in NASCAR.

I'll spare you the details of Richie's life and let you watch the video but he said something that is very profound.
"I don't think there are a whole lot of things in life that I can't do, just things I haven’t done yet."

If this doesn't inspire you, I don't know what else will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiLDMBDPCEY

What are those things you've dread doing? Those long forgotten dreams. I dare you to pursue those dreams. I dare you to do the seemingly impossible!

If Richie did not consider his shortcomings, but went on to study engineering, and do things that some full-bodied men wouldn't, you really have no excuse.

Remember, when your mind is made up to succeed, there's no stopping you. The only impediment to achieving your goals is YOU. Dream big and pursue your dreams. Every challenge you face on your way to achieving your dreams takes you one step closer to where you want to be.

Finally, I'll leave you with one of my favorite quotes. "At the counter of success, there are no bargains. A price has to be paid and paid in full."

Be motivated!

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/07/inspirational-story-of-nascar-engineer.html#sthash.Eefgms4j.dpuf

(1) (Reply)

Exposed: Lawmaker Hit With Mace Told To Fake His Injuries; London Hospital Speak / IGP Visits Rivers State, Avoids State Command Hqtrs & Journalists / Man Allegedly Murders Wife With Acid In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.