Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,887 members, 7,915,552 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 06:35 AM

Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam (23145 Views)

Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others / Etsu Nupe Charms Pastor’s Daughter, She’s Under Certain Influences —CAN New Fdn / My Daughter Not The Only One Held Hostage At Etsu Nupes Palace- Pastor Uzoechina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Uwakuwak(f): 11:12am On Jul 25, 2013
what is the meaning of Aisha?
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by airfinance(m): 11:14am On Jul 25, 2013
true2god: I think the etsu nupe should be charged for kidnap and unlawful detention. Where on earth can this happen if not the northern part of Nigeria.

I cant imagine an obi of Onitsha detaining a fulani girl on the pretense that she has converted to christianity. She is free to convert to Islam but y detain her in ur house\palace so that y can apply yerima-style on her after hypnotizing her.

Islam sucks!
I can categorically tell you that i live close to the emir palace and listen to the confession of the lady, the etsu nupe was not holding her but rather she confessed with cartainty that she is scared of her father and what they might do to her if she follows him,much as am not in support of her staying at the palace of the emir cos of the controversy this would create.before you pass your judgement or point accusing finger on the emir, i suggest you listen to the stort from the lady.infact it was shown severally on newsline with details of her conversion to islam from the lady.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by debbleopto: 11:15am On Jul 25, 2013
AbdH:
Isn't it obvious that the girl refuses to follow her dad home because she knows how intolerant her Christian dad is of people of other faith..whether they are family or not?
Christians say that Muslims don't want to be Christians because they will be killed by Muslims while I believe that Christians don't want to be Muslims because they will either be killed or turned to outcasts by Christians.
I still maintain that Muslims are more tolerant than Christians and I advise that the girl should not go with her dad unless she wants to die in regret.

This is one of the most outstanding Mumu I have heard. imagine that " muslims are more tolerant " so the boko haram that are killing, bombing, slaughtering, and burning are more tolerant? they even want to force the president of the nation to convert. all sura verses that talks about looking for every unbelievers in Allah ( al - the; lah - God) and the last day and killed them. that one mean tolerance. In Lagos in early 90's a JS3 student (girl) was killed by her father (he was imam of a mosque ) for converting to Christian. Thank God police arrested parents. in unilorin about two decades ago, when a serious Muslim student got converted to Christian, the Muslim students came to attack the Christian brethren. It was to painful for them. it is the spirit that a man possess that determines how tolerant the person is. Jesus Christ said learn of me for I am meek and lowly. in the hadiths anyone attacking Mohammed doctrines usually loose his life for such action. Islam is not successful on its own except by sword. Even hamadiyya movement suffer a little in their hands because of slight difference in their doctrine. Q'uran said it is Judas that was crucified but hamadiyya said it is Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by confusion247(m): 11:16am On Jul 25, 2013
airfinance:
I can categorically tell you that i live close to the emir palace and listen to the confession of the lady, the etsu nupe was not holding her but rather she confessed with cartainty that she is scared of her father and what they might do to her if she follows him,much as am not in support of her staying at the palace of the emir cos of the controversy this would create.before you pass your judgement or point accusing finger on the emir, i suggest you listen to the stort from the lady.infact it was shown severally on newsline with details of her conversion to islam from the lady.
What is the duty of niger state commissioner of police?

1 Like

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by vedaxcool(m): 11:18am On Jul 25, 2013
confusion247:
Since you derailed the topic and started abusing people's belief, let's go a little bit further....a man that had intimacy with an 8 years old girl is a prophet.
A man that fought over 14 wars to force his religion on Arabs is a prophet.
A man who doesn't welcome criticism is a prophet.
A man who killed his son and married the late son's wife is a prophet.
Soon usman danfodio will become a prophet too for killing my brothers in the north and forcing Islam on them.
So if the life of the girl is threatened by her father, the emir is now the commissioner of police to protect her?
Can an hausa/fulani girl that converts to Christianity be in the custody of igwe of nnewi?

Buhu cry me a river, a father who impregnated a 12-14 year old Girl to deliver himself as a "holy son" is what?

chi 3:6; James 1:17).

Jesus’ second coming will be exceedingly violent. Revelation 19:11-21 describes the ultimate war with Christ, the conquering commander who judges and makes war “with justice” (v. 11). It’s going to be bloody (v. 13) and gory. The birds will eat the flesh of all those who oppose Him (v. 17-18). He has no compassion upon His enemies, whom He will conquer completely and consign and consign to a “fiery lake of burning sulfur” (v. 20).
http://www.gotquestions.org/war-Bible.html

No freedom of worship in this christian eldorado.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Okijajuju1(m): 11:19am On Jul 25, 2013
Her father is claiming that she was forced to convert to Islam... The girl is saying NO!! I am now a Muslim by freewill..

The father is seeking to force her to come home... She went to a Sharia court to stop her father from taking her home.

From all indications, the babe is where she wants to be. She is a 24yr old adult and thus responsible for her own actions and inactions. Her fathers insistence on getting his daughter back home by force is just as concerning as the Nupe fellows desire to hold on to the girl..

My ruling: The girl is an adult, both Nupe and her Daddy need to back the fvck up!! angry

1 Like

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by airfinance(m): 11:20am On Jul 25, 2013
Tolexander: Uzoenyi! Your daughter is now one of the brides of Emir of Bida!

Why withdrawing her from school and start searching for another school for her just because she converted to islam.

she was not withdrawn by the etsu nupe, but due to her poor academic performance,her semester gp was too low,this was confirmed by the scholl registrar,by name bisi adeyemi,this happened shortly before her conversion.pls get facts.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 25, 2013
mikeywise: I have been following this story for months now,
it seems the police are scared of this man since he is a retired general.
my questions are;

1. How can u take a non muslim to a sharia court?

2. how can a court sit on the 4th, hear the case, deliver judgement and enforce
the court decision on the same day? something is definitely wrong somewhere.

1. The Girl is a Muslim by converting to islam therefore Sharia Court has the Jurisdiction for any Trial against her ..... Since her Trial is Religious and It is a Religion Affair !!!

2. Read the Op verywell and subsequent report that follow !!!
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Agrika: 11:24am On Jul 25, 2013
Dont mind them thats how they brainwashed a 14 year old girl in my little cousin's school, the people behind the conversion thing was even the school's guidance and counselling instructor and the principal....they kidnapped the poor girl and placed her with the state's islamic board, the girl was missing for more than 5 days at home, when the worried and hysterical mother enquired from her school, they lied to her that her daughter had gone on a school excursion, upon further enquiry, they now told her the truth.... The girl was later returned but her name has been changed to a muslim one, and they gave the parents serious warning on not to try anything stupid like re-converting the girl or else they will pay them a "visit"..... Now over 4 months this incident happened, this girl is pregnant, and who is the person responsible, one of those ustazs at the islamic board.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by scientology(m): 11:25am On Jul 25, 2013
all they care about is thr o.rgy
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 11:26am On Jul 25, 2013
confusion247:
A clear evidence of kunu inside your skull instead of brain
What did i said,that was wrong?What part of the law of Nigeria,that say a 24year old woman is under her father country.I thought we live in a free country.Personal insult,will not change a thing.U people are religious fanatics.No wander,the young lady is afraid to go home.The father will kill her,i'm sure he is like u.

1 Like

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Reference(m): 11:27am On Jul 25, 2013
Oga Pastor your daughter is 24years of age and was attending a college of sorts so she's old and should be literate enough to decide what she wants. I think the matter here is your pride as a clergyman and what society thinks but the truth is that biologically and scripturally you have missed the opportunity to keep her on the straight and narrow.

As an adult that has a 'functional' soul there is not much you can do without God's help so go back to where you have missed it and ask for help. You need serious help here because if your girl is 'influenced' as you say, a physical fight may result in her total loss, your loss or mutually assured destruction. Beware.

2 Likes

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 25, 2013
confusion247:
Since you derailed the topic and started abusing people's belief, let's go a little bit further....a man that had intimacy with an 8 years old girl is a prophet.
A man that fought over 14 wars to force his religion on Arabs is a prophet.
A man who doesn't welcome criticism is a prophet.
A man who killed his son and married the late son's wife is a prophet.
Soon usman danfodio will become a prophet too for killing my brothers in the north and forcing Islam on them.
So if the life of the girl is threatened by her father, the emir is now the commissioner of police to protect her?
Can an hausa/fulani girl that converts to Christianity be in the custody of igwe of nnewi?

am confused bro....mu.hamm@d a prophet?, muhha,m@d is my gateman, he is from niger republic, which one are you talking about, this man loves lil girls punna, likes fighting, etc...i think he must have learnt it from somebody...another muh.hham@d maybe......................

1 Like

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by airfinance(m): 11:34am On Jul 25, 2013
confusion247:
What is the duty of niger state commissioner of police?
My brother if i can get you right you are telling that she should be in the custody of the police with i agree with you in affirmation,but let me ask you this question,can you completely give hand your security conciousness in the hands of the police on matters that include religion,ethnic and personal grievance in nigeria of today with evidences on police brutality and dishonesty?she is staying where she feels is safe for her.has she committed any crime that warrants her to be handed over to the commissioner?
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by BlueMurder(m): 11:35am On Jul 25, 2013
We all should learn to listen to all sides of a story before passing judgment or making comments. Our comments should also be devoid of sentiments, so as to to buttress our claims to education.

@ OP, if the father of the lady in question feels very strongly that his daughter has been kidnapped by the Etsu Nupe, he should report to the law enforcement agents without further delay, instead of ranting. However, from all indications, it appears as though his daughter has pulled the rug from beneath his feet by taking her case to the Shari'ah Court in Bida. He should wait for its judgment and appeal if he is not satisfied with it, rather than trying hard to whip up sentiments.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by mikeywise(m): 11:36am On Jul 25, 2013
donroxy:

1. The Girl is a Muslim by converting to islam therefore Sharia Court has the Jurisdiction for any Trial against her ..... Since her Trial is Religious and It is a Religion Affair !!!

2. Read the Op verywell and subsequent report that follow !!!

why should the man be asked to appear b4 a sharia court when he is not a muslim?
Before reading all that, i have been following this particular story.
when the parents of the girl went with a lawyer, they were shown the judgment passed by the court (my question number 2 is still unanswered).
my take on this is; i dont have any problem with the conversion of the girl to islam afterall she is 24, she is free to take her decisions. what i am against is holding her in the palace, the parents have every right to see her.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Elfenomeno(m): 11:37am On Jul 25, 2013
Mustafa grew up immersed in
Islamic culture and was sent to Al
Azhar school at the age of six. By the
time he was twelve years of age, he
had completely memorized the
Qur'an.[1] After graduating from Al-
Azhar University with a Master's
degree in 1990, with a graduation
thesis on The reign of the heir over
the Islamic kingdom in the period of
Ammaweya, he was subsequently
offered a position as a lecturer at the
university.[2] During his research,
which involved travel to Eastern and
Western countries, Mustafa became
more distant from Islam. In his book,
he wrote about his view of Islam
stating:
“ [I found Islam's history]
from its commencement to
date, to be filled with
violence and bloodshed
without any worthwhile
ideology or sense of decency.
I asked myself "What
religion would condone such
destruction of human life?"
Based on that, I began to see
that the Muslim people and
their leaders were
perpetrators of violence."
(Mark Gabriel)

Islam is truly a religion of PEACE!

1 Like

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by sammynaijaguy(m): 11:43am On Jul 25, 2013
Okija_juju: Her father is claiming that she was forced to convert to Islam... The girl is saying NO!! I am now a Muslim by freewill..

The father is seeking to force her to come home... She went to a Sharia court to stop her father from taking her home.

From all indications, the babe is where she wants to be. She is a 24yr old adult and thus responsible for her own actions and inactions. Her fathers insistence on getting his daughter back home by force is just as concerning as the Nupe fellows desire to hold on to the girl..
abi oh the first day i heard it on the news i said if i was to be er parent i wont even fight back i would let her be. i had an incidence of a friend who told me he wants to join fratanity, i told him as long as you are not killing some one else and i even went as futher as telling even if they need body part do me a favour by using your own QED

My ruling: The girl is an adult, both Nupe and her Daddy need to back the fvck up!! angry
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by happiiee: 11:45am On Jul 25, 2013
We av obi of onitsha not obi of christianity. Tot etsu nupe not etsu islam. Traditional rulers...hmmmm. Pls let the CAN take up dis issue...!

1 Like

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by debbleopto: 11:48am On Jul 25, 2013
Uwakuwak: what is the meaning of Aisha?

that is the name of the most beloved wife of prophet Mohammed (SAW), whose bride price was paid at age six and prophet married her at age nine. even after the prophet's death she had much influence among the followers.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by deols(f): 11:56am On Jul 25, 2013
donroxy: I don't think Islam supports what Etsu Nupe is doing ..... !!!

The Girl has ''balaga'' (Matured) and She should be ''guarded'' towards dealing with her parents not ''Kidnapped'' and ''hidden'' away from her parent !!! !!!

Under Islamic Jurisdiction ,Her parents still have all rights towards her and she can only disagree with them(her parent), Honorably, on the issue of her religion ....... Even without making them angry or seeking their wrath !!!

Whatever They told her that made her dumped the Religion she was raised,educated and tutored from infancy till maturity despite her father being a
pastor must be enough to safeguard Her against the Incarceration of her parent !!

Apart from Islamic Jurisdiction, Nigerian Constitution allowed ''Aisha'' freedom of Religion as far as she is above Eighteen(18) which also protect the girl against her parent's possible re-conversion !!

Etsu Nupe and his agents actions are not Islamic and Muslim Clerics should rise to this ...... If the situation is as reported !!!

Well said

1 Like

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by maclatunji: 11:56am On Jul 25, 2013
This whole issue is a farce. Don't we have security agents anymore that the Etsu Nupe has to be in charge of "protecting" anyone? Nigerians like to sensationalise absurdities instead of addressing them. Have the parents reported to the police? If they did not get a favourable response from the police, have they gotten a lawyer that can fight the case legally? Is it Twitter, Facebook or Nairaland that will become human beings to resolve the issues?

I don't know who is lying or telling the truth but I see no reason why I should lose sleep over this matter when those who are primarily involved refuse to do the right thing.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by deols(f): 11:56am On Jul 25, 2013
abubello: The op is being mischievious by editing out the Emirate council's response as stated below:

Responding to the allegations, the Bida Emirate reportedly accused Uzoechina of distorting facts and insisted that the Etsu Nupe should not be blamed for the girl’s voluntary decision.It said in a statement that Miss Uzoechina approached the monarch for protection over her change of faith from Christianity to Islam on February 15.“The royal father invited the father of the girl for talks, with the hope of reconciling them.

On March 2, the father came to the palace and was taken before His Royal Highness. It was at His Royal Highness chamber that the father came face to face with his daughter. After discussions with the girl and her father, the Etsu Nupe asked the girl to go back home with her father to resolve the matter as a family.“The girl refused to go home with her father fearing that the father may harm her going by the encounter at the Etsu Nupe’s palace.

The girl left the palace and approached a court in Bida for protection, a request which the court granted the girl. The girl has since been in the custody of the court in Bida. Her reason was that her father insulted her and she was scared that he may harm her because of his utterances during their short meeting.” -

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/forced-conversion-to-islam-my-daughter-not-the-only-one-at-etsu-nupes-palace-uzoechina/#sthash.wWBmiZ[b][/b]lz.dpuf

These people can be so mischievous.smh

1 Like

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by daylae(m): 11:57am On Jul 25, 2013
why make a fuss! the said lady should decide her fate/faith.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by gerald09(m): 11:59am On Jul 25, 2013
AbdH:
Isn't it obvious that the girl refuses to follow her dad home because she knows how intolerant her Christian dad is of people of other faith..whether they are family or not?
Christians say that Muslims don't want to be Christians because they will be killed by Muslims while I believe that Christians don't want to be Muslims because they will either be killed or turned to outcasts by Christians.
I still maintain that Muslims are more tolerant than Christians and I advise that the girl should not go with her dad unless she wants to die in regret.
Dis is all BS first y is dis whole fiasco about a grown woman n religion, and if she really believes her father wants to kill her for her faith den don u fink we have a court dat handles death threats to Nigerians rather than using d Sharia law. It doesn't make sense, if she takes her father to d appropriate court n he is found guilty den she can get a restraining order rather than all these rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by AbdH: 12:02pm On Jul 25, 2013
tai wo: It is not obvious, the only thing obvious here is that she has been hypnotized.
Lol! When a Christian leaves the religion, he or she is hypnotized but when others join Christianity, they are said to have seen the light, hmmn? Keep deceiving yourselves.

4 Likes

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by piragirl(f): 12:02pm On Jul 25, 2013
AbdH:
more tolerant indeed, so d girl should separate frm her family cuz of ur useless religion of pieces, which u called peace.u must be sick upstairs.........abeg pack well well.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by jalay(m): 12:04pm On Jul 25, 2013
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by AbdH: 12:09pm On Jul 25, 2013
mancheeutd:

i think you a st.upid fo.ol for that arrant nonsense you just typed a father says he wants to see his daughter here you are typin rubbish nobody says its a crime to convert to islam must you kidnap her and all you could say is its a religion of piss is that wat your quran teaches i pray it happens to your daughter your mother your wife and ur unborn children didrin
Seriously, is it that difficult to understand? The girl says she doesn't want another chance with her dad because she knows what the pastor dad is capable of. In most cases, Muslims who convert to the other side tell it earlier than vice-versa. There is only one explanation for that and it is intolerance.

1 Like

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by debbleopto: 12:09pm On Jul 25, 2013
Reference: Oga Pastor your daughter is 24years of age and was attending a college of sorts so she's old and should be literate enough to decide what she wants. I think the matter here is your pride as a clergyman and what society thinks but the truth is that biologically and scripturally you have missed the opportunity to keep her on the straight and narrow.

As an adult that has a 'functional' soul there is not much you can do without God's help so go back to where you have missed it and ask for help. You need serious help here because if your girl is 'influenced' as you say, a physical fight may result in her total loss, your loss or mutually assured destruction. Beware.

if we reverse this situation, that the girl ( being daughter of am imam) is Muslim and got converted. then an influential Christian individual put her under his household, wouldn't the Muslim have burned the house within a day. You remember Salman Rushdie satanic verses. the ayatollah Khomeini place 2 million dollars on his head that Muslim that killed him will be paid such amount and will be rewarded in Paradise. in Iran anyone that leave Islam, the repercussions is DEATH! that is an Islamic tolerance. you remember the three daughters of .... AL-LAT and others.

2 Likes

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by sureway1(m): 12:09pm On Jul 25, 2013
They'll still commend the man blindly..
this what l use to tell my muslim brodas..
lslam doesn't make one an illitrate...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Budget Distortion: Fear Grips NASS Members / Police Arrest Inspector Shooting For Fun In Lagos Market / ₦37.1bn Fraud: Why I Shunned EFCC's Invitation - Farouq

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.