Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,104 members, 7,977,207 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 09:58 PM

Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market (29248 Views)

Riot At Ikeja-Along Area Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway / Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. / Riot At Ikorodu Garage After Policemen Killed An Okada Rider (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by PeterKbaba: 5:16pm On Jul 25, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Classic.

These folks seem to suffer from amnesia.

cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by PeterKbaba: 5:17pm On Jul 25, 2013
[quote author=Garri the 1st]
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Chubhie: 5:17pm On Jul 25, 2013
If anyone think he can just waltz into my place of business for a shakedown......... I trust my igbo boys..... You want war? You have it!
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Exodus2k(m): 5:19pm On Jul 25, 2013
What do you expect from iya loja when you refuse to develop your state rather choose to became a slave in another man land
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by zeelo2014: 5:20pm On Jul 25, 2013
dayokanu:

The Babaloja ensure genuine trading is going on in the market and its not a hideout for criminals.

He ensures the sanitation of the place given the history of dirtiness associated with Ladipo traders.

He also ensures members of the public are not swindled like those people normally do and not give Ladipo a bad name for bad business practices

AMong other things
Now I know u don't know the workings of Ladipo market and other major market. So u're saying the babalojas enforces genuine practices in the market? Or organizes the sanitation aspects? Very funny. They do absolutely NOTHING and I'm not saying without knowing my facts,they only remit money to the ogas at the top like LG chairman,traditional rulers & Tinubus of the world. And for those screaming they should go back to the east, Have definitely not been to Onitsha & Aba market that will swallow all these Lagos market combined.

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by holums(m): 5:21pm On Jul 25, 2013
Every tribe in this country has its own strength and weakness........wen a tribe found himself in anoda man's land he should abide by their laws and not to cause trouble in their host communities..........what d agberos ar doing is not encouraging there ar laws.....they come to do their businesses in peace......allow d sleeping dog to lie!

1 Like

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 25, 2013
This thread is not having that heat/ spark that is normally associate with this type of thread..why are you guys wary? grin grin
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Chubhie: 5:23pm On Jul 25, 2013
Where were they when men were making their bones in ladipo since the 80s One yeye bablojo will come and tell me owo daa? Make all these lazy bones no just provock pesin o.

5 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 25, 2013
dayokanu:

You mean Ibos are like dwarfs cos the men next to fashola are like Aki and Pawpaw in height
I was expecting u to comment on that grin. You are so predictable. cheesy

Aki and pawpaw will conveniently send your children and grandchildren to Private Universities and pay their School fees 10times over. Only dwarfs with Igbo genes can do that. All the Ofe dwarfs i see are either danfo conductors or go slow hawkers at ikeja grin cheesy

21 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by DerideGull(m): 5:28pm On Jul 25, 2013
ilugunboy: This thread is not having that heat/ spark that is normally associate with this type of thread..why are you guys wary? grin grin

The thread presented worthy grounds not to blame loudmouthed jackasses for their rascality.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 25, 2013
donroxy: Nna eeee ..... Chineke oooo ....... grin grin ahahaha igboboy !!

@ least, he wasnt busy mentioning his oga at the top
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by softwareman(m): 5:34pm On Jul 25, 2013
Sam xiu lee: kindly spell out the oversite function babaloja do,if its collection of taxes and levies,there are people that are employed to do thay job,LIRS is there,let's stop this babloja iyaloja,park chairman nonsense or confine it in market dominated by our people.
Nigeria is a republic and they are free to carry out there businesses anywhere in the country.
I HOPE YOU GUYS REALISE HOW COMMENTS LIKE THIS ASSAILS THE SENSIBILITY OF OTHER PEOPLE WHO WOULD RATHER NOT WANT TO GET 3MBROILED IN THIS TRIBAL THING. ARE YOU IBOS THE ONLY NON INDIGENE IN LAGOS? IS LADIPO MARKET THE ONLY NON INDIGENE MARKET IN LAGOS? HONESTLY THE SOLUTION IS SIMPLE. IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH THE PEOPLE AND THE LAND JUST MOVE ON. LAGOS IS PEOPLED BY ALL SHADES OF NIGERIANS AND HAS BEEN RELATIVELY PEACEFUL. LET US ALL CONTINUE TO ENJOY THIS PEACE.

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by MitchDLeo(m): 5:38pm On Jul 25, 2013
Nigeria is Our Land. The 36 states in Nigeria belongs to all Nigerians. Whether Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa e.t.c it does not matter as long as yu are a Nigerian[color=#000099][/color]
2nedo: Y are u dis dumb?U make money in another man's land and u still expect the revenue to go into ur ppls pocket.Teru ba pe nile,alajobi lonbu.You are only entitle to ur claim in ur igbo state which u leave undeveloped.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by DuduNegro: 5:40pm On Jul 25, 2013
Sam xiu lee: which customary law in yoruba land are you referring too? never in the history of yoruba people did I hear that babaloja and iyaloja are tax collectors..

...well, they are now, and youve heard it. When they show up with the collection tray please drop your community development fee.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Lanceslot(m): 5:41pm On Jul 25, 2013
dayokanu:

Why dont you people leave first and let Lagos turn to anything it likes

How can you like Lagos more than your hometown, Go and develop your villages
don't worry, your prayers will be answered soon and then you will know that hot water kills tortoise.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by softwareman(m): 5:43pm On Jul 25, 2013
REALITY101: Show of hate, tribalism, evy and act of joblessness. Did I forget anything?

IF I GO TO A MAN'S HOUSE AND FOR WHATEVER REASON I FEEL THE MAN HATES ME AND I HATE THE MAN. ONE OF TWO THINGS WILL EVENTUALLY HAVE TO HAPPEN. ITHE MAN LEAVES HIS HOUSE FOR ME OR I LEAVE THE MAN'S HOUSE FOR HIM. HONESTLY THE HATRED AND TRIBALISM SEEMS TO BE ON BOTH SIDES AND I KNOW IF THIS CONTINUES LIKE THIS SOMETHING WILL HAVE TO GIVE.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Iykopee(m): 5:45pm On Jul 25, 2013
What else wud one expect from oily soup set of peeps and dirty urchins in lagos? Come to think of it, these people are naturally lazy even in lagos the perennial hub of hustlerz. Hahahaahhaahaha joblessness and legalised agbero is their forte.. Lazy set of morphos.

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Onlytruth(m): 5:47pm On Jul 25, 2013
I shall keep advising Ndigbo to NEVER react to a provocation the way the provocateur expected. This is one weakness we have as a people and I keep seeing it repeated over and over again, with some of our people advising us to keep making the same mistake.
I cannot recall the number of times we were manipulated out of our locations in various parts of Nigeria, and all we did was to pack and go "home", when in fact we shouldn't. I insist that our smartest response should be the opposite, because maybe, just maybe our enemies will die of heart attack when they see that they failed to achieve their main objective.

The smartest Igbo response to this is for our governors to continue developing the East at the pace they are doing, and for our people to stay put (at least for now) in Lagos and such other places.
We must choose when to react -THEY MUST NEVER CHOOSE FOR US.

From the mind of a strategic thinker.

6 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Smooyis(m): 5:54pm On Jul 25, 2013
fr3do:

he is a free Nigerian citizen,he has every right not to co-operate unless it is backed up by the constitution.
So you have become a free Nigerian citizen and no longer a biafran. you are neither there or here. Some igbos cause a lot of negative PR to the race with their inconsistent and foolish views and ideologies on national issues, while others take deep reflection and refrain from utterances capable of crossing them against other tribes in the country.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by ogele: 5:56pm On Jul 25, 2013
Onlytruth: I shall keep advising Ndigbo to NEVER react to a provocation the way the provocateur expected. This is one weakness we have as a people and I keep seeing it repeated over and over again, with some of our people advising us to keep making the same mistake.
I cannot recall the number of times we were manipulated out of our locations in various parts of Nigeria, and all we did was to pack and go "home", when in fact we shouldn't. I insist that our smartest response should be the opposite, because maybe, just maybe our enemies will die of heart attack when they see that they failed to achieve their main objective.

The smartest Igbo response to this is for our governors to continue developing the East at the pace they are doing, and for our people to stay put (at least for now) in Lagos and such other places.
We must choose when to react -THEY MUST NEVER CHOOSE FOR US.

From the mind of a strategic thinker.
God bless you! That's why I will never own a property in Lagos no matter how cheap it is.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by 0monnak0da: 5:58pm On Jul 25, 2013
Lanceslot: To you guys telling Igbo people to leave lagos, have you ever thought of what lagos will look like if Igbo people leave?.... Think about it
Clean and crime free
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by ghananotnaija(m): 5:58pm On Jul 25, 2013
Maybe the Lagos state has finally realised that the key to a modern, orderly, and prosperous city is that you can't have too many Nigerians living in it! You can take Nigerians out of the bush, but you can't take the bush out of Nigerians. As it stands today, Lagos is a sprawling slum of bush-dwellers, not a functioning city by any stretch of the imagination.

It should be law that no more than 20% of Lagos be Nigerians. There should be strict immigration and population control. For Lagos to become a premier African city, it must welcome the best and brightest from neighbouring West African countries and around the world, especially Ghana. If Lagos can establish itself as the go-to city for the promising, educated, and entrepreneurial Ghanaians, then its future as a great city is all but certain.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by slimyem: 6:02pm On Jul 25, 2013
ilugunboy: This thread is not having that heat/ spark that is normally associate with this type of thread..why are you guys wary? grin grin
shouldn't they rest after the heat on this thread? www.nairaland.com/1371505/lagos-dumps-beggars-homeless-onitsha
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 25, 2013
Lanceslot: don't worry, your prayers will be answered soon and then you will know that hot water kills tortoise.
His prayers will not be answered....the Igbos are not going anywhere,

Let them answer their own clarion call by declaring Odua sovereign and then go ahead and start bombing lagos back 12th century like their almajiri brothers in Illorin. Then we will leave.......and then come back with the abokis to drag them grudginly back to Liegeria.

The Abokis will be pulling them on head(at illorin), while we concentrate on their b.alls (Eko) until the parachute (agbada) wearing scratched faces refund all the money they guzzled from proceeds of palm oil, Groundnut and Crude Oil for the past 50 years, they ain't going nowhere. grin

To keep Liegeria one is a task that must be done. Up Up Up Liegeria. grin

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by ALTRUTH(m): 6:05pm On Jul 25, 2013
dayokanu: They would still prostrate with their flat heads

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1003948_igbo_jpg28bd804326727bdeda36840c1a4b7765[/img]

After their leaders come to beg

daftyakanu as f00lish as eva. These were arrested criminals.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by ldpele(m): 6:05pm On Jul 25, 2013
my igbo brothers,make una beat them well well. yoruba pple no get strength. if theifnbu come sef,mke una break him head. na envy dey cos this one,na rochas i blame we go dey follow deceitful pple like una

3 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by geeez: 6:10pm On Jul 25, 2013
ldpele: my igbo brothers,make una beat them well well. yoruba pple no get strength. if theifnbu come sef,mke una break him head. na envy dey cos this one,na rochas i blame we go dey follow deceitful pple like una

I'm sorry for you
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by IGBOSON1: 6:10pm On Jul 25, 2013
dayokanu:

The Babaloja ensure genuine trading is going on in the market and its not a hideout for criminals.

He ensures the sanitation of the place given the history of dirtiness associated with Ladipo traders.

He also ensures members of the public are not swindled like those people normally do and not give Ladipo a bad name for bad business practices

AMong other things

^^^All those 'jobs' you listed already have governmental agencies/bodies that carry out those tasks so try another trick! wink

Could you explain the 'among other things' a bit for us?

Cheers.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 25, 2013
dozzybaba: His prayers will not be answered....the Igbos are not going anywhere,

Let them answer their own clarion call by declaring Odua sovereign and then go ahead and start bombing lagos back 12th century like their almajiri brothers in Illorin. Then we will leave.......and then come back with the abokis to drag them grudginly back to Liegeria.

The Abokis will be pulling them on head(at illorin), while we concentrate on their b.alls (Eko) until the parachute (agbada) wearing scratched faces refund all the money they guzzled from proceeds of palm oil, Groundnut and Crude Oil for the past 50 years, they ain't going nowhere. grin

To keep Liegeria one is a task that must be done. Up Up Up Liegeria. grin

This one...babu sense at all.. grin grin
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by GangstaGrillz: 6:12pm On Jul 25, 2013
Bi.tchar.se maxwello.yg, let's continue here!

maxwello.yg:

Agbero

You can take the bait and come get knocked the phuck out. I'll give you the same treatment a whitey who ever tries calling me "Ni.gger" to my face would get.

And why do you lot always kill your own people mysteriously? My boy's (an Igbo guy) mum was killed mysteriously in naija while visiting her hometown after 20 years.

The two most prominent Igbo britons also lost their dads mysteriously while visiting Nigeria:

Chuka Umunna
Umunna was born in the UK in 1978. His father Bennett, who was a Nigerian of the Igbo ethnic group died in a road accident in Nigeria in 1992.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuka_Umunna

Chiwetel Ejiofor
Ejiofor was born in London's Forest Gate, to Nigerian parents who belonged to the Igbo ethnic group. His father, Arinze, was a doctor, and his mother, Obiajulu, was a pharmacist. In 1988, when Ejiofor was 11, during a family trip to Nigeria for a wedding, he and his father were driving to Lagos after the celebrations when their car was involved in a head-on crash with a lorry. His father was killed, but Ejiofor survived despite being badly injured, receiving the scars on his forehead.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiwetel_Ejiofor

^^^^Why do you always kill your own people?

1 Like

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by dayokanu(m): 6:14pm On Jul 25, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^All those 'jobs' you listed already have governmental agencies/bodies that carry out those tasks so try another trick! wink

Could you explain the 'among other things' a bit for us?

Cheers.

dayokanu:

We have police, Has that stopped people from hiring security guards, OPC and Bakassi boys to secure their properties and business?

We have Environment agencies has that stopped people from organising Abokis to clean their environment?

We have water corporation has that stopped people from digging wells, boreholes and me ruwa?
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 25, 2013
Very useless and smelly people who think they own lagos or that lagos is *dirty people's land*

S+W = DIRTY & SMELLY TIGER-CLAWED FACE BA5TARD5

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Obiano Tours Stanel, Everyday Supermarket & Radopin Mall In Awka (Photos) / Arrest Warrant Issued To SSS To Search And Arrest Judges (photos) / Osinbajo Meets With Saraki, Dogara (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.