Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,550 members, 7,951,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 01:51 PM

Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ (5915 Views)

Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos / Akpabio Bags Best Governor In Africa Award / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ by ichommy(m): 12:17am On Jul 26, 2013
Chairman, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, will in September be honoured with Hall of Grace’s Pride of Africa Award in Lagos.

The Managing Custodian, Hall of Grace Awards, Rupert Ojenuwa, disclosed this during a briefing in Lagos.

He said the award, which is aimed at rewarding excellence and contribution to nation building, would also recognize other Nigerians who have distinguished themselves in different spheres of life including entrepreneurship, entertainment and philanthropy.

He said: “The Hall of Grace Awards was initiated to serve as a reward platform for deserving Nigerians. You know Nigeria is passing through a lot of challenges that could threaten our collective but despite this; we know that Nigeria is not as bad as portrayed and that a lot of people are actually working very hard to make things better.

“It is also true that criticisms are intended to make leaders work hard but praises such as this that our platform offers, could also make people who are already working hard to work harder.”

He explained that other Nigerians who would also receive awards include: Bayo Olugbemi for the Role Model Awards of the Year and Governor Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo State for Man of the Year Award.

He also disclosed that Inyanya, Olamide, KC, Chidimma and Wizkid had been nominated for the Best Hip Hop Act of the year award, while Funke Akindele, Ini Edo, Mercy Johnson, Yule Edochie, Frank Atus and John Dumelo were nominated for the Best Movie of the Year award.

Fans of the short listed celebrities are therefore expected to vote online for their choice candidates at hog.com beginning from August 2013.

The Hall of Grace Awards, which was put together by Chief Alex Akinyele three years ago, had had Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State and Murray Bruce of Silverbird Group as beneficiaries.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/dangote-to-receive-pride-of-africa-award/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter#sthash.PXnPHzw7.dpuf

http://www.emmanuelbabatunde.com/2013/07/dangote-to-receive-pride-of-africa-award.html

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ by enyice(m): 1:05am On Jul 26, 2013
Well deserved

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ by Brimmie(m): 2:23am On Jul 26, 2013
Mimiko For Man Of The Year Award!!? Goddamn!! Wabbish!! undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ by mgbeketoto: 3:18am On Jul 26, 2013
Has he paid ALL debt? grin
Abi na I OWE YOU NOTES?
Re: Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ by adrainuche(m): 9:36am On Jul 26, 2013
Why won't dey give him pride of Africa, aftermath is Africa most richest person ... Ohh wait what about others whom have contributed to this continent
Re: Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ by skyluv2000(m): 9:36am On Jul 26, 2013
Sycophants, praise singers, favor mongers, pls you guys should stop.

I guees this man is tired of recieving your biased awards. He needs a break.
Re: Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ by GabrielObinna(m): 9:37am On Jul 26, 2013
I always loves [/color]this man's generosity[color=#000099]
Re: Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ by canalily(m): 9:38am On Jul 26, 2013
undecided well Dangote merit whatever award cos he has immensly contributed to Nigerian economy. Although he may be owing some minor debts!
Re: Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ by AbuMikey(m): 9:39am On Jul 26, 2013
Ok!!!
Re: Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ by ProudlyNaija1: 9:40am On Jul 26, 2013
Re: Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ by point5: 9:40am On Jul 26, 2013
Ehyaa,,das 9z.mnade front page shaa
Re: Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ by IdomaLikita: 9:41am On Jul 26, 2013
angry
Re: Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ by IdomaLikita: 9:41am On Jul 26, 2013
So Field Marshal Oluwaseun Osewa(GCFR) doesn't deserve an award for Mobilising more than 1million Educated People into one Forum??

*hisses and clicks on the next thread*

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 26, 2013
for being the richest man or for paying his employees peanuts
anyway hard work pays.
Re: Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ by Nasri100(m): 9:56am On Jul 26, 2013
And you told him in advance why? Its an award for chirst sake.
Re: Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ by Fazhy: 10:06am On Jul 26, 2013
Brimmie: Mimiko For Man Of The Year Award!!? Goddamn!! Wabbish!! undecided undecided

Why now?
Re: Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ by Adex097: 10:09am On Jul 26, 2013
He deserves it.
With time, ama get mine too.
Re: Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ by Pstsmith(m): 10:16am On Jul 26, 2013
Lord! By dis time next year let me be among dos to be awarded IJN
Re: Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ by Emmy3(m): 10:18am On Jul 26, 2013
No real man is without blame; even as your performance is outstanding to the African economy, try & brighten up most of your workers welfare.
Kudos sir. I admire your generosity....
Re: Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ by kzokul(m): 10:28am On Jul 26, 2013
Ma man Aliko Dangote deserves every goddamn award....he is truly d pride of Africa I swear 2 God.....no b say I don benefit oo but he has contributed immersely 2 d growth of d nation .......plz gv hm d award witout rival...
Re: Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ by Clemzy16(m): 10:47am On Jul 26, 2013
Idoma Likita: So Field Marshal Oluwaseun Osewa(GCFR) doesn't deserve an award for Mobilising more than 1million Educated People into one Forum??

*hisses and clicks on the next thread*
Before you judge, ask yourself this question. Does seun even know if nairaland still exist??! U tink say the guy get time for una first to comment shi't..last time i checked, he only shows his face when ever there is anything that has to do with nairaland ads. d guy dey one corner dey mak money nd u dey here dey make noise. Bloody sycophant.
Re: Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ by nerodenero: 10:53am On Jul 26, 2013
enyice: Well deserved
True talk
Re: Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ by bright007(f): 11:04am On Jul 26, 2013
what about ...err..er..Sinator Yerima?shey una no go give am award?....atleast he deserves "embryonic punnny award"
Re: Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ by PStacks(m): 11:45am On Jul 26, 2013
It is an Understament to call Dangote an African Icon.. Dangote is a Global Hero..

Anytime I insult an Aboki man and I think of Dangote, I feel very stuipid myself..

Against all odds, against cultural, ethnic and religious backgrounds, Dangote made it big for himself..

I'm just too proud of Dangote men! Calling him an African icon is stating the obvious and even an understatement.. He is a Global hero..

Aliko Dangote is ma guy.....

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 26, 2013
Dangote, i also have an award for you.

Contact me on 08183816811. Am giving you Hall of Moguls award. Mogul of the Century category.
Re: Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ by PStacks(m): 12:35pm On Jul 26, 2013
If Funke Akindele Received an award then it would be seen by younger girls that she's done a good thing and everybody would seek a divorce from marriage after 12months..

Or is there a Role Model for Divorcees? Just asking tho!
Re: Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ by brownlord: 1:01pm On Jul 26, 2013
Pstsmith: Lord! By dis time next year let me be among dos to be awarded IJN

You dey get the award everyday for nairaland front page now.

1st to comment no be award? Olodo ur mate dey market
Re: Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ by nwapee(m): 1:09pm On Jul 26, 2013
He no doubt deserves the award. But he should do something about the number of lives his trucks takes on roads on daily basis.
Re: Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ by Godsblessing(m): 1:54pm On Jul 26, 2013
Datz my boss doin it big..plz always av we ur staffs in mind,cos witout us no U...thumbs up 2 ze big Boss
Re: Dangote To Receive ‘pride Of Africa Award’ by Bola1983: 7:06pm On Jul 26, 2013
Which Award does this man deserve?this bokoharam funder,always pretending to be a business man but indirectly influencing political affairs.why not put money into electricity and pay your staff well??msteeww!!anyway its not his fault.he is just the face I'm sure he has a boss kicking him around.

(1) (Reply)

Federal Government Interventions To Rescue The Dapchi Girls / 4 Chieftains Of African Democratic Congress, Driver Kidnapped In Ondo / Is This Real Or A Scam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.