Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,321 members, 7,967,813 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 09:19 AM

Anambra 2014: Ngige, Uba Commence ‘war’ From Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra 2014: Ngige, Uba Commence ‘war’ From Senate (842 Views)

WAR: From Superpower To Whimps. Cameroon Invades Nigeria AGAIN Kills 70. / Release Kanu Today Or Face War From Tomorrow: Biafra Leaders To 'Zoo' President / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra 2014: Ngige, Uba Commence ‘war’ From Senate by ultimateballer: 10:41am On Jul 26, 2013
The battle for the governorship seat of
Anambra State has begun in earnest as
Senators Chris Ngige and Andy Uba have
indicated their interest to contest the
election taking place in November.
Interestingly, the two serving senators,
representing Anambra Central and Anambra
South senatorial districts respectively, are
seeking the support and blessings of their
colleagues towards the realisation of their
dreams.
In two separate letters formally addressed
to the Senate and read by Senate President
David Mark, the duo expressed their
intentions, saying they were coming out in
line with the wishes of their people.
They also, coincidentally, said they had been
variously inundated them with all means of
communication to join the governorship
race.
Senator Uba, whose letter was first read in
the Senate, said he was not only seeking the
support of the Senate, but also the blessings
of his colleagues to realise his aspiration.
He said the people of the state who are
aware of his administrative prowess, have
pleaded that he contest the election so as to
positively reposition the state.
Similarly, Senator Chris Ngige said his
people, having been aware of his antecedent
in governance, have passionately asked him
to step into the race so as to salvage the
state from collapse.
Ngige, whose letter to the Senate was more
of a campaign, stole the show from Ubah,
as senators hailed him while he stood as his
citation and achievements in private and
public services were reeled out by the
Senate President, as contained in the letter.
The duo are seeking to realise their
ambitions on two political platforms; while
Ngige is seeking the Action Congress of
Nigeria (ACN), Uba seeks to vie on the ticket
of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
It would be recalled that oil magnate and
billionaire chairman of Capital Oil, Mr
Ifeanyi Ubah, had recently registered with
the Labour Party (LP) in his bid to contest
the same election.
The Independent National Electoral
Commission (INEC) is billed to conduct the
Anambra governorship election in November
to replace Governor Peter Obi,whose two
terms of four years come to an end this
year.
Re: Anambra 2014: Ngige, Uba Commence ‘war’ From Senate by ultimateballer: 10:43am On Jul 26, 2013
Its a pity soludo is yet to indicate interest to contest the election. In the absence of Soludo, I endorse Andy Uba for governorship
Re: Anambra 2014: Ngige, Uba Commence ‘war’ From Senate by Afam4eva(m): 10:49am On Jul 26, 2013
ultimateballer: Its a pity soludo is yet to indicate interest to contest the election. In the absence of Soludo, I endorse Andy Uba for governorship
Any particular reason? Andy Uba doesn't seem to me as someone that can turn Anambra around in the same way that i see Soludo.
Re: Anambra 2014: Ngige, Uba Commence ‘war’ From Senate by ultimateballer: 11:04am On Jul 26, 2013
Afam4eva:
Any particular reason? Andy Uba doesn't seem to me as someone that can turn Anambra around in the same way that i see Soludo.
But Soludo has not declared interest yet. I don't know his plans, I wish he would contest but if he decides not to then I support Andy Uba. Something tells me Soludo may opt to replace Andy Uba at the Senate since they are from the same district and they may reach that agreement.
Why I prefer Andy to Ngige and others? He has performed more than Ngige in the senate, He is already a billionaire, he is better exposed, he has his name to redeem, he will perform better than the lackluster Peter obi. Remember this man awarded a contract for Anambra Airport in Oba in the first days of his tenure.
Re: Anambra 2014: Ngige, Uba Commence ‘war’ From Senate by midep: 11:06am On Jul 26, 2013
Dnt waste your Vote, Ngige is the Man.
Re: Anambra 2014: Ngige, Uba Commence ‘war’ From Senate by ultimateballer: 11:22am On Jul 26, 2013
midep: Dnt waste your Vote, Ngige is the Man.
Anambra State has gone beyond needing single lane roads to solid infrastructure which Ngige does not have the capacity to initiate. Its either Soludo or Andy
Re: Anambra 2014: Ngige, Uba Commence ‘war’ From Senate by chino11(m): 12:34pm On Jul 26, 2013
Andy Uba is from same town as myself- Uga. His Hilltop Mansion is not quite far from my father's Ranch. However I will not sacrifice the best candidate on the alter of mere fact that we are from same place. I want the best candidate for my dearie state of Anambra the only light of the Nation.

If Andy is the best so be it, if not let the best man take up the torch from where Obi stopped.
Re: Anambra 2014: Ngige, Uba Commence ‘war’ From Senate by idumuose(m): 12:35pm On Jul 26, 2013
ultimateballer:
But Soludo has not declared interest yet. I don't know his plans, I wish he would contest but if he decides not to then I support Andy Uba. Something tells me Soludo may opt to replace Andy Uba at the Senate since they are from the same district and they may reach that agreement.
Why I prefer Andy to Ngige and others? He has performed more than Ngige in the senate, He is already a billionaire, he is better exposed,
he has h
is name to redeem, he will perform better than the lackluster Peter obi. Remember this man awarded a contract for Anambra Airport in Oba in the first days of his tenure.
I don't think Ɣ☺u know what Ɣ☺u know what Ɣ☺u are talking about.
Ngige is many miles better than Andy.Ngige set the balls rolling for
the infracstructural developement of Anambra state.Ngige can at a time
Anambra was despondent.Andy on the other hand has issues bothering on
his intergrity.He said he obtained his doctorate from a university in
the united states.Checks revealed he never attended that university much
less obtain a doctorate.
Andy Uba is a corrupt person.He was not a known businessman like
ifeanyi uba,Obinna uzor,Nicholas Ukachukwu prior to his foray into
politics.Infact Andy corruptly enriched himself while his appointment
as the ssa to Obj on domestic affairs lasted.He will destroy the Anambra
that Ngige and peter have built.Trust me on this.Andy is as bad as Chuma
Nzeribe.
While I am not a supporter of Ngige,except he dumps APc for another party,
Soludo,Akunyili,Obinna Uzor,I don't know much about Ifeanyi Uba are
Far much better than Andy.
Re: Anambra 2014: Ngige, Uba Commence ‘war’ From Senate by Zonacom(m): 1:49pm On Jul 26, 2013
Ngige is not that bad but ACN/APC is the problem. Its just like APGA winning election in lagos state. I have a feeling that something unexpected is going to be the outcome of the election. BTW, WHY NOVEMBER? Ain't obi's tenure supposed to end by february??
Re: Anambra 2014: Ngige, Uba Commence ‘war’ From Senate by Olaolufred(m): 2:40pm On Jul 26, 2013
ultimateballer:
Why I prefer Andy to Ngige and others? He has performed more than Ngige in the senate, He is already a billionaire, he is better exposed, he has his name to redeem, he will perform better than the lackluster Peter obi. Remember this man awarded a contract for Anambra Airport in Oba in the first days of his tenure.

HAS HE NOT FINISHED IT?

(1) (Reply)

The Sagacious FFK / Eight Reasons Why Presidnet Jonathan Will Win 2015 Presidential Elections / Why The Call For Disintegration?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.