Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,462 members, 7,914,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 07:18 PM

Roads Blocked In Port Harcourt? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Roads Blocked In Port Harcourt? (1409 Views)

7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) / How Roads Are Named; The Difference Between An Ave, St, Ln, Dr, Way, Blvd Etc. / Canal Being Blocked In Agungi, Lekki. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Roads Blocked In Port Harcourt? by Abagworo(m): 3:56pm On Jul 26, 2013
Everywhere is blocked and majority of roads closed and guarded by Police. Can anyone confirm if PEJ is in town?
Re: Roads Blocked In Port Harcourt? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 26, 2013
Abagworo: Everywhere is blocked and majority of roads closed and guarded by Police. Can anyone confirm if PEJ is in town?

What else could be going on?
Re: Roads Blocked In Port Harcourt? by otokx(m): 3:59pm On Jul 26, 2013
Too bad
Re: Roads Blocked In Port Harcourt? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 26, 2013
Who else goes to a town and you will instantly notice an appreciable inconvenience in people's traffic movement ?
Re: Roads Blocked In Port Harcourt? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 26, 2013
Abagworo: Everywhere is blocked and majority of roads closed and guarded by Police. Can anyone confirm if PEJ is in town?
I know that you're planning to kill her but,I assure you that you won't succeed. Chameleon

2 Likes

Re: Roads Blocked In Port Harcourt? by Chiddysville(m): 4:19pm On Jul 26, 2013

Pls, which road are you talking about or you just want to seek for unnecessary attention?
Re: Roads Blocked In Port Harcourt? by Willy4Willy: 4:21pm On Jul 26, 2013
ilugunboy: Who else goes to a town and you will instantly notice an appreciable inconvenience in people's traffic movement ?
Jonathan is your president till 2019, after him Igbo man will take over.
Re: Roads Blocked In Port Harcourt? by Bensonite: 4:22pm On Jul 26, 2013
Chiddysville:

Pls, which road are you talking about or you just want to seek for unnecessary attention?
Don't mind that dude. He is a false alarmist and propagandist. Name the roads blocked.
Re: Roads Blocked In Port Harcourt? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 26, 2013
Police cordoned off area leading to kpaima mortuary where the deceased is lodged.

Guess a top government official is on a visit to the mortuary or the vicinity is barricaded by fierce looking policemen to prevent stealing of the presidential 'dead' body.
Re: Roads Blocked In Port Harcourt? by ProAnti: 4:27pm On Jul 26, 2013
Chiddysville:

Tombia street, GRA phase 2 was blocked this afternoon. Policemen prevented people from entering Jevinik restaurant, Genesis centre and into Tombia street.
Re: Roads Blocked In Port Harcourt? by riceye: 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2013
They ars waitin 4 me.
Satisfied...op
Re: Roads Blocked In Port Harcourt? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 26, 2013
Willy4Willy:
Jonathan is your president till 2019, after him Igbo man will take over.

What is this WillyNilly saying? tongue
Re: Roads Blocked In Port Harcourt? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 26, 2013
Must shepo -retardeness always block the road whenever she's in town? Blocking the roads because of a corpse is the stupidest thing i have ever heard!

2 Likes

Re: Roads Blocked In Port Harcourt? by Nightshift(m): 4:49pm On Jul 26, 2013
Were streets in Geneva closed when Nigerian president' s wife visited? No, even the blue waters of lake Geneva didn't notice she was in town. Perhaps she was there to shop for finest Swiss watches a la Geneva made!
I sincerely pity folks in Garden City; a city known for living life to fullest. The city that gave Nigeria its first FM radio station - RR2 FM Stereo ( 99. 128 MHz) Port- Harcourt.
Re: Roads Blocked In Port Harcourt? by Nkemtreasure: 4:56pm On Jul 26, 2013
Pro Anti:

Tombia street, GRA phase 2 was blocked this afternoon. Policemen prevented people from entering Jevinik restaurant, Genesis centre and into Tombia street.
Just crossed tombia str now. Traffic is moving. Just d normal rush hour traffic. Its after 4 to 5pm and people are closed for the day. Remember this is weekend.
Re: Roads Blocked In Port Harcourt? by 1MCN: 4:59pm On Jul 26, 2013
Pro Anti:

I dont think you're correct, sir about 'prevented people from entering'. . . My office is in GRA 1. There is unusual prominent security presence especially around the Polo Club (Le Meridian Ogeyi) gates.
@Abagworo, pls name where you saw roadblocks cos I didnt run into any today. If there's any at Kpaima Mortuary as someone has said I dont think it constitutes 'roadblocks every in PH'. (It's like you're hate for the President's family too obviously personal)

Although I encountered the regular pockets traffic grids. None lasted over 10mins. The major road leading to PEJ's hometown from Aba Road is Eleme Jnxn. There's absolutely free. Am passing there now.
Re: Roads Blocked In Port Harcourt? by jmaine: 5:22pm On Jul 26, 2013
Abagworo is known for his shameless blatant and bold lies.

That's all
Re: Roads Blocked In Port Harcourt? by ProAnti: 5:23pm On Jul 26, 2013
1MCN:
I dont think you're correct, sir about 'prevented people from entering'. . . My office is in GRA 1. There is unusual prominent security presence especially around the Polo Club (Le Meridian Ogeyi) gates.
@Abagworo, pls name where you saw roadblocks cos I didnt run into any today. If there's any at Kpaima Mortuary as someone has said I dont think it constitutes 'roadblocks every in PH'. (It's like you're hate for the President's family too obviously personal)

Although I encountered the regular pockets traffic grids. None lasted over 10mins. The major road leading to PEJ's hometown from Aba Road is Eleme Jnxn. There's absolutely free. Am passing there now.

I said "was".

I wanted to have lunch at Jevinik at about 1:45pm but the policemen warned me to turn back if I didn't want trouble. A military policeman was the one conducting traffic at the junction at that time.
Re: Roads Blocked In Port Harcourt? by DerideGull(m): 5:57pm On Jul 26, 2013
Abagworo is a regrettable disappointment. Ndigbo must be very careful what part of the so-called Nigeria they select wives. Some people in Nigeria are inherent backstabbers and turncoats. The most pitiful of them are the ones that denied their cultural identity.
Re: Roads Blocked In Port Harcourt? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 26, 2013
DerideGull: Abagworo is a regrettable disappointment. Ndigbo must be very careful what part of the called they select wives. Some people in Nigeria are inherent backstabbers and turncoats. The most pitiful of them are the ones that denied their cultural identity.

Why are you attacking him like that ? Are you in PH?
Re: Roads Blocked In Port Harcourt? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 26, 2013
I dont knw why some ppl can be this heartless...instead you to console her on the loss of her mother......you are here spreading falacious statements...smh for some ppl
Re: Roads Blocked In Port Harcourt? by Willy4Willy: 6:17pm On Jul 26, 2013
ilugunboy:

What is this WillyNilly saying? tongue
Olukuboy hold your ear and listen carefully, Jonathan is your president till 2019, then Igbo will take over or any Christian Middle Belt.

1 Like

Re: Roads Blocked In Port Harcourt? by aduboy(m): 6:44pm On Jul 26, 2013
Madam is in town, so all roads within her route are under heavy surveillance and lock. Serious traffic jams are expected but enough men have been deployed to ease the flow of traffic. The hot spots are Aba road between bori camp and gra then between waterlines and gra on the opposite side. Inside GRA too around tombia and woji rd. Motorists are advised to use alternative routes. Her residence is a no go area for those in old gra.
Re: Roads Blocked In Port Harcourt? by sleekdot(m): 6:58pm On Jul 26, 2013
The Shepopo must be in town again

She is so fat they need to close down streets to make her pass like say she be dinosaur
Re: Roads Blocked In Port Harcourt? by Abagworo(m): 7:08pm On Jul 26, 2013
jmaine: Abagworo is known for his shameless blatant and bold lies.

That's all

All the roads around "Mummy B" was blocked. When I asked a policeman stationed there he just told me that they were asked to block the road by authority smiling. People are really mad. I don't know who the authority is.
Re: Roads Blocked In Port Harcourt? by Abagworo(m): 7:11pm On Jul 26, 2013
DerideGull: Abagworo is a regrettable disappointment. Ndigbo must be very careful what part of the so-called Nigeria they select wives. Some people in Nigeria are inherent backstabbers and turncoats. The most pitiful of them are the ones that denied their cultural identity.

And when have I denied my identity? Everyone has right to ethnic identity even when language is shared.
Re: Roads Blocked In Port Harcourt? by Iykopee(m): 7:36pm On Jul 26, 2013
Na 2day wey blocking of road start whenever a president or his wife visits? Abeg make we hear word joor. Even OBJ's visit to PH when he was the president, them dey block road completely.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Citizenship By Registration For Foreigner Married To A Nigerian Woman? / The Day I Cried In Flying School / Uganda Visa Fees Reduced To $50, You Can Now Come Visit Us For Less

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.