Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,735 members, 7,951,996 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:02 AM

Why Is Marijuana Demonized? A Nairaland Debate. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Marijuana Demonized? A Nairaland Debate. (1345 Views)

Goodbye Apc-the End To A Demonized Opposition / Nairaland Debate: I The Devilhimself Challenges Berem To A Fair And Open Debate / The Real Reason Russia Is Demonized And Sanctioned: The American Petrodollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Marijuana Demonized? A Nairaland Debate. by YoshiMaster: 5:15pm On Jul 27, 2013
Please do not throw crap my way, lol, I am just hoping to get some different opinions as to why Marijuana is so demonized worldwide, I think it started from the U.S.A, and other countries followed suit.

Tobacco kills about 440,000 people in the U.S.A per year.

Alchohol kills about 25,692 people in the U.S.A per year.

Marijuana kills 0 people per year in the U.S.A due to overdose.

So why is it victimized so much? I have my reasons, but I would like to hear from the nairaland community, feel free to chime in.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Marijuana Demonized? A Nairaland Debate. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 27, 2013
Na so we
Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ am... Dem talk say na devil urinate on that leaf ooo... Na wetin I been hear for history be that... Abeg no crucify me oooo..
Re: Why Is Marijuana Demonized? A Nairaland Debate. by YoshiMaster: 5:28pm On Jul 27, 2013
Re: Why Is Marijuana Demonized? A Nairaland Debate. by ba7man(m): 5:28pm On Jul 27, 2013
Funny enough, you're likely to get violent and act unruly when you take alcohol.....With marijuana, u'll just walk around in a dream like state with a smile on your face.
Re: Why Is Marijuana Demonized? A Nairaland Debate. by YoshiMaster: 5:30pm On Jul 27, 2013
oluface: Na so we
Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ am... Dem talk say na devil urinate on that leaf ooo... Na wetin I been hear for history be that... Abeg no crucify me oooo..

Lol, na so oh, hehe!

Here is a quote from Harry Anslinger:

"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the U.S. and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their Satanic music jazz and swing, result from marijuana usage. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others."
Re: Why Is Marijuana Demonized? A Nairaland Debate. by YoshiMaster: 5:39pm On Jul 27, 2013
ba7man: Funny enough, you're likely to get violent and act unruly when you take alcohol.....With marijuana, u'll just walk around in a dream like state with a smile on your face.

Exactly, I don't know why people stop applying scientific method, so to speak, when it comes to marijuana.

Test 1:

Motor Skills Test: Lets test the ability to balance on one feet while:

A. Being impaired by alcohol and,

B. Being impaired by marijuana.

In Scenario A, the person will more than likely be unable to maintain his balance if indeed intoxicated, while in Scenario B, all motor skills remain in tact.
Re: Why Is Marijuana Demonized? A Nairaland Debate. by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 27, 2013
OP I hope you are not a kid. If not then buy yourself a packet of b&h, a bottle of alcoholic beverage, finally get 2 wraps of marijuana or the agbo root popularly called mukite.

Depending on your body, you could feel the very short vertigo each stick of cigarette creates as you drag the fumes down your lungs. B&H may not do it for you but rothmans might be the one. Just observe the level of vertigo attained.

On a different day, consume the alcoholic beverage until you start experiencing the vertigo or slow reaction. Now you can see how long the vertigo lasts.
NB: Do not consume cigarettes and alcohol together, since you are just experimenting you do not want to get wasted as combining the 2 could cause.

Finally, on a very very different day consume the marijuana in whatever form pleases you. You could even put the leaves in your food. The experience that follows will explain to you why there are no recorded marijuana deaths. Most users lose their sanity before they consume enough to kill them.

Most users of marijuana are heavy smokers and drinkers, creating a smoke screen to hide under to wreck havoc in the life of the user.

STAY AWAY FROM MARIJUANA, IT WILL MOST CERTAINLY RUIN YOU
Re: Why Is Marijuana Demonized? A Nairaland Debate. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 27, 2013
another thead about mary-jane undecided
Re: Why Is Marijuana Demonized? A Nairaland Debate. by YoshiMaster: 11:23pm On Jul 27, 2013
blink182: OP I hope you are not a kid. If not then buy yourself a packet of b&h, a bottle of alcoholic beverage, finally get 2 wraps of marijuana or the agbo root popularly called mukite.

Depending on your body, you could feel the very short vertigo each stick of cigarette creates as you drag the fumes down your lungs. B&H may not do it for you but rothmans might be the one. Just observe the level of vertigo attained.

On a different day, consume the alcoholic beverage until you start experiencing the vertigo or slow reaction. Now you can see how long the vertigo lasts.
NB: Do not consume cigarettes and alcohol together, since you are just experimenting you do not want to get wasted as combining the 2 could cause.

Finally, on a very very different day consume the marijuana in whatever form pleases you. You could even put the leaves in your food. The experience that follows will explain to you why there are no recorded marijuana deaths. Most users lose their sanity before they consume enough to kill them.

Most users of marijuana are heavy smokers and drinkers, creating a smoke screen to hide under to wreck havoc in the life of the user.

STAY AWAY FROM MARIJUANA, IT WILL MOST CERTAINLY RUIN YOU

I assume you would get your Alcohol and Tobacco from a store, thereby getting authentic products.

The same can not be said for marijuana as the market is currently unregulated, hence, one can't be sure of the purity of maruijuana sold.

You say you will become crazy before you die, lol, that was funny. On a serious note though, so may professionals use this stuff on the low, even Obama has admitted on tape that he smoke marijuana as a kid, and I guess he didn't turn out to bee a loon.
Re: Why Is Marijuana Demonized? A Nairaland Debate. by YoshiMaster: 4:39pm On Jul 28, 2013
Re: Why Is Marijuana Demonized? A Nairaland Debate. by Horus(m): 4:52pm On Jul 28, 2013

Yoshi-Master:
Please do not throw crap my way, lol, I am just hoping to get some different opinions as to why Marijuana is so demonized worldwide, I think it started from the U.S.A, and other countries followed suit.

Tobacco kills about 440,000 people in the U.S.A per year.

Alchohol kills about 25,692 people in the U.S.A per year.

Marijuana kills 0 people per year in the U.S.A due to overdose.

So why is it victimized so much? I have my reasons, but I would like to hear from the nairaland community, feel free to chime in.

Marijuana is not demonized worldwide, in some countries marijuana consumption is "tolerated". I think that marijuana should not be classified as a drug.
Re: Why Is Marijuana Demonized? A Nairaland Debate. by YoshiMaster: 5:42pm On Jul 28, 2013
Horus:

Marijuana is not demonized worldwide, in some countries marijuana consumption is "tolerated". I think that marijuana should not be classified as a drug.

I think it is now becoming a bit tolerable, but fact still remains that most people view the users as "good for nothings". Now I know not ever user is an upstanding member of the society, but to throw a blanket over all users seems harsh.

For instance some people might notice a guy smoking a joint and immediately cast judgment on that person, while the same is not done when they notice a guy doing a shot of Patron.
Re: Why Is Marijuana Demonized? A Nairaland Debate. by skype1986: 6:08pm On Jul 28, 2013
marijuana is one f d bst tin dat has eva happend 2 man.xcluding kids below 20,i recommend dat every adult shld try marijuana at one tyme f his/her adult life,even if its jst a small quantity,its gud 4 d bodi,its gud 4 d mind.very much beta than alcohol.indeed,i was so suprised nd dumbfounded wen one f my crazy cousin showed me a verse in d bible were God stated dat he has given man every herb bearin seed 4 his consumption genesis 1 verse 29::oimagine au speechless i was wen he interpretd 2 me as marijuana inclusive.crazi weed addict:/wetin we no go hear.
Re: Why Is Marijuana Demonized? A Nairaland Debate. by redsun(m): 6:14pm On Jul 28, 2013
A proof in the goodness of marijuana can be seen in the recent headline that says Holland is closing down prison as a result of chronic lack of prison when other prisons around the world are overcrowding,including england and dreaded america where marijuana is demonized.In Holland you can buy weed from a cafe,yet,there are few criminals.

Marijuana was ostracized by america because of its goodness,it made men think twice before hating or killing others,it made them refect.Unlike alcohol,lsd,heroin and cocaine that puts one in the mood to kill.

It is Jah weed,the weed of life.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Marijuana Demonized? A Nairaland Debate. by Dibiachukwu: 6:57pm On Jul 28, 2013
The only thing wrong with marijuana is that it is illegal. And smoking of any kind is wrong for your body. Herbs are for food and medicine And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. bible(KJV) [Gen1:29]> not for smoking. Marijuana is a good medicinal herb. Only cook it, and don't smoke it. And do everything in moderation! Check the history of weed abolition. It was abolished in America because it somehow turned blacks into supermen. Now it is a controlled substance and is probably poisoned.
Re: Why Is Marijuana Demonized? A Nairaland Debate. by Dibiachukwu: 7:06pm On Jul 28, 2013
And to think that a good percentage of blacks are in jail (with hard slave labour) in America because of marijuana; tells you how wicked pigs are. God would judge them. They shall die the second death. (obadiah 1:18)
Re: Why Is Marijuana Demonized? A Nairaland Debate. by skype1986: 8:59pm On Jul 28, 2013
Dibiachukwu: The only thing wrong with marijuana is that it is illegal. And smoking of any kind is wrong for your body. Herbs are for food and medicine And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. bible(KJV) [Gen1:29]> not for smoking. Marijuana is a good medicinal herb. Only cook it, and don't smoke it. And do everything in moderation! Check the history of weed abolition. It was abolished in America because it somehow turned blacks into supermen. Now it is a controlled substance and is probably poisoned.
4rm d verse u jst scribbled dwn on dis forum,dere was no place dat was written u mst cuk all herbs,no!wat i agree wit u,is d moderation,one has 2 ve d discipline 2 control d qty f dis herb "marijuana"else,it has its own demons,i guess dat is d reason y it is being discriminated in naija,pple tend 2 abuse it.d side effect can b felt majorly by kids below 20,dat's y we need 2 protect our children 4rm it,bt bros,marijuana is 100% natural.me nd weed,no beef,no beef at all.
Re: Why Is Marijuana Demonized? A Nairaland Debate. by skype1986: 9:00pm On Jul 28, 2013
Dibiachukwu: The only thing wrong with marijuana is that it is illegal. And smoking of any kind is wrong for your body. Herbs are for food and medicine And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. bible(KJV) [Gen1:29]> not for smoking. Marijuana is a good medicinal herb. Only cook it, and don't smoke it. And do everything in moderation! Check the history of weed abolition. It was abolished in America because it somehow turned blacks into supermen. Now it is a controlled substance and is probably poisoned.
4rm d verse u jst scribbled dwn on dis forum,dere was no place dat was written u mst cuk all herbs,no!wat i agree wit u,is d moderation,one has 2 ve d discipline 2 control d qty f dis herb "marijuana"else,it has its own demons,i guess dat is d reason y it is being discriminated in naija,pple tend 2 abuse it.d side effect can b felt majorly by kids below 20,dat's y we need 2 protect our children 4rm it,bt bros,marijuana is 100% natural.me nd weed,no beef,no beef at all.
Re: Why Is Marijuana Demonized? A Nairaland Debate. by Dibiachukwu: 10:39pm On Jul 28, 2013
skype1986: 4rm d verse u jst scribbled dwn on dis forum,dere was no place dat was written u mst cuk all herbs,no!wat i agree wit u,is d moderation,one has 2 ve d discipline 2 control d qty f dis herb "marijuana"else,it has its own demons,i guess dat is d reason y it is being discriminated in naija,pple tend 2 abuse it.d side effect can b felt majorly by kids below 20,dat's y we need 2 protect our children 4rm it,bt bros,marijuana is 100% natural.me nd weed,no beef,no beef at all.
Listen it clearly says for meat .You eat and drink food, not smoke undecided Do you smoke rice or beans or any other food or medicine? Your body is the temple of God. Do not harm yourself. Smoking anything as a means of ingestion is wicked. It destroys your lungs and your organs. You will be killing yourself. If marijuana was eaten naturally, I doubt it would have the semblance of evil as it does now. Simply put, smoking anything as mode of ingestion is wrong. Common sense
Re: Why Is Marijuana Demonized? A Nairaland Debate. by Abagworo(m): 11:13pm On Jul 28, 2013
I can't come defending marijuana. The truth is that I was mad when I read about a Nigerian sentenced to death in Malaysia for possessing marijuana. That's outrageous. Not cocaine, heroin, amphetamine but marijuana.
Re: Why Is Marijuana Demonized? A Nairaland Debate. by ektbear: 6:59am On Jul 29, 2013
Marijuana shouldn't be demonized. I agree, less dangerous than alcohol for example.

Nothing wrong with smoking it. But for me, I can't afford to because it makes me stup1d.

(1) (Reply)

The Man Who Turned Death Into An Art- My Tribute To Tunji Okusanya By Bayo Adeyi / Over Two Million Ounces Proven Gold Ore Reserve Discovery In Western Nigeria. / World Bank Releases List Of Nigerian Looters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.