Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,183 members, 7,884,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 01:30 AM

A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp (2184 Views)

Soldiers Clear Boko Haram Militants From Borno Town / Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect / Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by chaloner(m): 11:41pm On Jul 27, 2013
Sometimes, the innocent suffers in the hands of those charged with the responsibility of protecting him or her. Suleiman Abubakar appears to be a victim in this regard as he tells ISAIAH BENJAMIN, Kaduna of his alleged ordeal in the hands of the Joint Task Force (JTF) in Maiduguri, Borno state

Abubakar, 26, hails from Damasak Mubir local government of Borno state. He is a tanker driver by occupation and plies the Kano-Lagos route but has not been able to do so because of the challenges propped up by insecurity in Borno state.

According to him, “In view of the state of emergency in Borno State and the poor network coverage within the area, I boarded a vehicle some times last month and was heading for a place where I could possibly make calls to my family. There were 15 passengers on board the vehicle, 10 males and five females. We were stopped by the JTF at Baga road check point and were taken to Giwa barracks.”

Continuing his narrative, Abubakar stated that all occupants of the vehicle, including himself, were thereafter taken to the JTF camp and kept separately.

He alleged: “At the JTF camp, we were heavily beaten and tortured for no just cause. They tortured us everyday. Many of the people we met there died and the JTF disposed of the dead bodies. I concluded that someday I was going to be killed or would die as a result of the torture.

“In the course of this harrowing ordeal, it occurred to me that I had about N34,000 on me which I hid away from them when we were searched. As the torture became more unbearable, I then summoned courage and approached one of the JTF members who asked if I had anything to give them if they assist me and I told him about the money.”

Determined to escape from the dungeon, Abubakar continued to befriend the JTF personel and appealed to them to device a means of getting him out of the camp alive.

About two weeks after his ‘capture’, mother luck smiled on Abubakar. He told LEADERSHIP WEEKEND: “After giving them the whole of the N34,000 which I told them I had on me, they agreed to help me escape. One day, as they were taking away a set of six dead persons, I was told that was the only way I could escape. I was asked to lie down alongside the lifeless bodies in a JTF Toyota Hilux truck and we were conveyed out of the camp. I was abandoned along the road while they proceeded with the dead bodies to an unknown destination. As I was by the road side helpless, I was recognised by a friend who was passing by and came to my rescue. He took me to the general hospital Maiduguri.”

Abubakar however said the situation took a new twist at the hospital as he was allegedly refused treatment without a police report.

“My friend had to go and look for a policeman and appealed to him before I could be admitted and treated for three days after which I was discharged,” Abubakar added.

While his ordeal lasted, Abubakar said his family members had concluded that he was dead.

“But when they saw me eventually after I was discharged from hospital, they advised that I should come and stay with one of our relatives here in Kaduna for my safety and that is why I am here.” he said.
http://leadership.ng/news/270713/great-escape-borno-jtf-camp

FOR me this story really look too and over fake....like a Nigerian movie. just want to ask, how much did APC paid you for this boy?

Re: A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by Nobody: 12:10am On Jul 28, 2013
FOR me this story really look too and over fake....like a Nigerian movie. just want to ask, how much did APC paid you for this boy?

Firstly,there was no where in the report that suggested that APC had anything to do with the story. Secondly, that "paid" ought to be "pay".

Now I nominate you for the award of Mumu of the day !

9 Likes

Re: A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by Biodup: 12:27am On Jul 28, 2013
Bi elese banjiya olododo aje nibe. Thk God for ur life, jtf no sabi play play.
Re: A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by chaloner(m): 12:28am On Jul 28, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Firstly,there was no where in the report that suggested that APC had anything to do with the story. Secondly, that "paid" ought to be "pay".

Now I nominate you for the award of Mumu of the day !
well my mumu sake may b u dnt actually knw abt active past T, guy I'm sure , and very sure dat d guy was paid Dats y I used dat word PAID...........mayb I will buy chalk for u in case u need dat to carry me along ......... Cultured mumu grin
Re: A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by Nobody: 2:07am On Jul 28, 2013
This story sounds and feels like Nollywood thing; badly scripted, directed and acted!
Re: A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by chaloner(m): 2:42am On Jul 28, 2013
cogitoErgo: This story sounds and feels like Nollywood thing; badly scripted, directed and acted!
God bless u my dear, and too much film tricks.....
Re: A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by Jeboy(m): 3:23am On Jul 28, 2013
an attempt to discredit JTF, you must be a Boko sympathiser
Re: A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by olumidazz: 3:33am On Jul 28, 2013
These things happen, a lot of atrocities happen in war thorn areas just make sure you are not caught in the mix of war or a state of emergency, am sure those females in the bus could have been raped
Re: A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by Dreamflyin(m): 4:26am On Jul 28, 2013
u were arrested, tortured wich must hav been naked n u stil had 34K on ur person or even access to d bus that conveyed u, abi hid it in ur prison cell witout oda inmates nt knowing? Try again!

1 Like

Re: A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by Tolexander: 4:33am On Jul 28, 2013
chaloner: God bless u my dear, and too much film tricks.....
so the JTF are very perfect to the extent of being able to filter non boko haram members from boko harams?

Mr man, get a life!
Things like this are bound to happen in as much as the 3 states under state of emergency aren't 100% boko haram members.

1 Like

Re: A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by Austyno4(m): 6:00am On Jul 28, 2013
The Jtf might not be perfect but this story sounds really fake
Re: A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by sambos994(m): 6:03am On Jul 28, 2013
What the f**k is this crap?
Re: A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by Nobody: 6:36am On Jul 28, 2013
chaloner: well my mumu sake may b u dnt actually knw abt active past T, guy I'm sure , and very sure dat d guy was paid Dats y I used dat word PAID...........mayb I will buy chalk for u in case u need dat to carry me along ......... Cultured mumu grin

Look at this mo'r'on. I was correcting your bad use of English and you're here talking another round of rubbish. What kind of mumu are you ?
Re: A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by chaloner(m): 7:55am On Jul 28, 2013
Tolexander: so the JTF are very perfect to the extent of being able to filter non boko haram members from boko harams?

Mr man, get a life!
Things like this are bound to happen in as much as the 3 states under state of emergency aren't 100% boko haram members.
ya it bound to happen .......but if we see Indian movie we must know my dear.......for this story NOPE, but if u believe in this story , dat means u will bellieve me if I tell you dat my GRAND MOTHER IS STILL A VIRGIN grin
Re: A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by Tolexander: 7:57am On Jul 28, 2013
chaloner: ya it bound to happen .......but if we see Indian movie we must know my dear.......for this story NOPE, but if u believe in this story , dat means u will bellieve me if I tell you dat my GRAND MOTHER IS STILL A VIRGIN grin
tell me which of the story lines you felt is a lie!
Re: A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by chaloner(m): 8:00am On Jul 28, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Look at this mo'r'on. I was correcting your bad use of English and you're here talking another round of rubbish. What kind of mumu are you ?
nope my mumu sake , I'm just trying to prove to u dat its ur kind dat decoded PRESENT TENSE PAST TENSE , u c its not good cramming things........read to understand to its fullest.........INTELLIGENT MUMU grin
Re: A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by Donmams(m): 8:14am On Jul 28, 2013
The hypocrites can deny it all you want. The fact is that most of the commentators above are just happy to hear muslims being killed on a daily basis. But we shall remain patient. GEJ will face the music for all the atrocities being committed by the JTF in Borno. Same goes for his military chiefs. Muslims have faced even worse treatment before and survived. We will survive this as well. But the perpetrators should know one thing: Allah Himself will fight those who are hell bent on extinguishing his light. We will soon get there.
Re: A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by dubem3(m): 8:40am On Jul 28, 2013
the story might have lacked substance but the message was not lost. I don't doubt it one bit.

In times of crises, it's the innocent that suffer the most. Walking about without enough caution in their innocence. It happens in all crises torn regions. The JTF do not have a sniffer with which to detect the insurgents. they rely more on deductive reasoning than inductive reasoning. so guys chill. It's a pity though but then it's a price we must pay.
If you've stayed in a crises or war thorn region, then you know what am talking about.
Re: A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by chaloner(m): 9:15am On Jul 28, 2013
Tolexander: tell me which of the story lines you felt is a lie!
so many my dear, like this one
“After giving them the whole of the N34,000 which I told them I had on me, they agreed to helpme escape.
cHaiii how did he hide the money ? Inside the car or bush ? SUPER STORY . Again
I was asked to lie down alongside the lifelessbodies in a JTF Toyota Hilux truck and we were conveyed out of the camp
how many jtf are involved in this biz?let's assume dat others were sleeping, How did u get to the hilux and let's forget abt lying as a dead body grin .... Hahahaha too much Nigerian / gnanian movie is not good ....... Happy Sunday my dear
Re: A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by Marotzke(m): 9:17am On Jul 28, 2013
~Bluetooth:

please , when did Nairaland become a learning center for the use of English? Otumba Bluetooth , it is not by force to teach now. Stick to the subject matter and leave matter for Matthias.
Re: A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by bankyblue(m): 9:41am On Jul 28, 2013
Re: A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by Tolexander: 9:46am On Jul 28, 2013
chaloner: so many my dear, like this one cHaiii how did he hide the money ? Inside the car or bush ?
he could hid it within himself since we were not told they were stripped naked by the JTF. Though he may inflate the money, but how much is #34,000? just 34 notes of #1,000 mint.
SUPER STORY . Again how many jtf are involved in this biz?let's assume dat others were sleeping, How did u get to the hilux and let's forget abt lying as a dead body grin .... Hahahaha too much Nigerian / gnanian movie is not good
the amount he said he dished out is sufficient to settle some of the JTF members in the camp and get him out of the predicament.
Is it not nigeria where few people know how to get their way out of many people like 16 majoring over 19, 5 lording on 25?
....... Happy Sunday my dear
happy sunday sir. But am a guy o.
cheesy
Re: A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by chaloner(m): 9:58am On Jul 28, 2013
Tolexander: happy sunday sir. But am a guy o.
cheesy
hahahhah grin still u can still b my dear under GAY constitution , LOL, again lets look at dat pix.....wat did u hav to say? For me it looks like a setup. If jtf handle u ! Hmmm
Re: A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by Tolexander: 10:28am On Jul 28, 2013
chaloner: hahahhah grin still u can still b my dear under GAY constitution , LOL, again lets look at dat pix.....wat did u hav to say? For me it looks like a setup. If jtf handle u ! Hmmm
[size=20pt]GAY![/size]
i no dey look any picture again.

I dey run go church for that Gay seen. Me wey no wan go church before.
Re: A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by chaloner(m): 10:33am On Jul 28, 2013
Tolexander: [size=20pt]GAY![/size]
i no dey look any picture again.

I dey run go church for that Gay seen. Me wey no wan go church before.
hahahahahah are u a small boy ? LOL LWTMM laugh wan tear my mouth. Abeg which church ? Come bak abeg , time don pass na .......hahahhahahahahha
Re: A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by Tolexander: 10:36am On Jul 28, 2013
chaloner: hahahahahah are u a small boy ? LOL LWTMM laugh wan tear my mouth. Abeg which church ? Come bak abeg , time don pass na .......hahahhahahahahha
i am a small boy o, in fact, a very small one.
Reserving my things for my honeymoon with my wife.
Re: A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by MizEmerald(f): 10:45am On Jul 28, 2013
Donmams: The hypocrites can deny it all you want. The fact is that most of the commentators above are just happy to hear muslims being killed on a daily basis. But we shall remain patient. GEJ will face the music for all the atrocities being committed by the JTF in Borno. Same goes for his military chiefs. Muslims have faced even worse treatment before and survived. We will survive this as well. But the perpetrators should know one thing: Allah Himself will fight those who are hell bent on extinguishing his light. We will soon get there.
wat are u saying,who is the hypocrite here,Boko haram are fighting in the name of Islam,killing thousands and u're here spewing rubbish,d little calm in Borno is as a result of the JTF there,my dear they are dere to maintain peace,animals dere shld maintain so dey don't face the wrath of the soldiers,simple as abc
Re: A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by chaloner(m): 10:55am On Jul 28, 2013
Tolexander: i am a small boy o, in fact, a very small one.
Reserving my things for my honeymoon with my wife.
heheheh for ur wife abi and u dnt knw weda ur wife is enjoyin now .... Hmmmmm small boy mean u will still b fresh , LOL ... Chaiiii u didn't goto church again ?
Re: A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by Tolexander: 3:08pm On Jul 28, 2013
chaloner: heheheh for ur wife abi and u dnt knw weda ur wife is enjoyin now .... Hmmmmm small boy mean u will still b fresh , LOL ... Chaiiii u didn't goto church again ?
my wife is not yet born cos the beautiful ones are not yet born.
Am back!
Re: A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by sambos994(m): 3:16pm On Jul 28, 2013
dubem3: the story might have lacked substance but the message was not lost. I don't doubt it one bit.

In times of crises, it's the innocent that suffer the most. Walking about without enough caution in their innocence. It happens in all crises torn regions. The JTF do not have a sniffer with which to detect the insurgents. they rely more on deductive reasoning than inductive reasoning. so guys chill. It's a pity though but then it's a price we must pay.
If you've stayed in a crises or war thorn region, then you know what am talking about.

So tell me, how did he miraculously come up with N34,000?
Re: A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by PointB: 3:44pm On Jul 28, 2013
sambos994:

So tell me, how did he miraculously come up with N34,000?

It's simpe. The guy swallowed the 34K on sighting the JTF and vomited it when he needed to pay the bribe.

Other than that I see no other way the 'princely' sum of money can escape the well trained fingers of the JTF. The story is simply SUPER STORY. The type grandmas tell toddlers.
Re: A Great Escape... From Borno JTF Camp by sambos994(m): 3:47pm On Jul 28, 2013
PointB:

It's simpe. The guy swallowed the 34K on sighting the JTF and vomited it when he needed to pay the bribe.

Other than that I see no other way the 'princely' sum of money can escape the well trained fingers of the JTF. The story is simply SUPER STORY. The type grandmas tell toddlers.
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Soludo, Ubah In Secret Meeting With Accord Party / Tinubu Father Not Yoruba, tinubu is a selfish person,can zamfara lead yorubas,NO / DSS Insists: APC Offered Us N14m Bribe In Osun State Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.