Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,082 members, 7,939,368 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 12:57 AM

Sharia In The Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sharia In The Church (519 Views)

'sharia' In The Church-male And Female Segregation,why? / Full-blown Sharia Law Imminent, CAN Raises Alarm / 10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sharia In The Church by kingkoboko: 2:23pm On Jul 28, 2013
Ok o! I went to a nearby Assemblies of God Church here in Ijaniki today & I noticed a Sharia sitting arrangement of their congregation. As soon as you walk in, you see the fathers & elderly men seated at the left row. The young men were seated on the row beside them. Then at the right rows are the mothers & young women. As for the children, they seem to have their own children's corner outside.

My question is: Is the segregration of sexes neccesary? Is it a sin for men & women to have a mixed seating arrangement in church?

I first noticed this Sharia seating arrangement at a Grace of God Church in Onitsha but I wasn't expecting to see something similar in Lagos of all places.

Abeg, my people make una put mouth for this matter o!
Re: Sharia In The Church by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 28, 2013
Hi King,

Did you ask them why the need for the sitting arrangement?
Re: Sharia In The Church by kingkoboko: 2:38pm On Jul 28, 2013
striktlymi: Hi King,

Did you ask them why the need for the sitting arrangement?

MY BRODA, I DIDNT O! I JST FIND IT FUNNY.
Re: Sharia In The Church by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 28, 2013
kingkoboko:

MY BRODA, I DIDNT O! I JST FIND IT FUNNY.

Well I believe they would have been in the best position to give you an appropriate answer to the question asked. It's possible that they did not start out with the 'segregation' but had to adopt it along the line.

A number of reasons can be proffered to why they decided to do this but in the final analysis I don't think it's necessarily a 'bad' thing.
Re: Sharia In The Church by DrummaBoy(m): 9:04pm On Jul 28, 2013
sharia sitting arrangement... that is a new one and it gave me a good laugh

(1) (Reply)

Police Nab Gay Pastor In Aba / HOW TO PRAY (for Beginner Occultists) / The Similitude of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.