Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,447 members, 7,894,906 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 05:27 PM

Golf 3 Issue - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Golf 3 Issue (847 Views)

My Golf 3 Overheats I Have Tried All I Could With Mechanics Please Help! / Which Is Better: Auto Or Manual Golf 3? / How Much Does A Golf 3 Cost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Golf 3 Issue by mayowatog: 3:39am On Jul 29, 2013
Pls house i would like to know what could be wrong with my golf 3, because not long ago the timing belt cut as a result of this i was told by my mechanic to get a new cylinder which i did but ever since we change the cylinder the car has not been working perfectly for instance i notice whenever am inside a traffic for 3 to 5 minutes it goes off(car) or while driving, if stop to accelerate it will jerk and goes off.
Re: Golf 3 Issue by kingschild123(m): 6:56am On Jul 29, 2013
While having the timing belt replaced,you should also consider replacing the water pump, belt tensioner, thermostat and cam shaft seals. They'll probably already be worn or about to wear out.
Replacing them at the same time as your timing belt can save you money on labor and save you extra trips to the mechanic.

1 Like

Re: Golf 3 Issue by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 29, 2013
kingschild123: While having the timing belt replaced,you should also consider replacing the water pump, belt tensioner, thermostat and cam shaft seals. They'll probably already be worn or about to wear out.
Replacing them at the same time as your timing belt can save you money on labor and save you extra trips to the mechanic.

Err, the water pump on the VW Golf III is external. So it's not driven by the timing belt.

@ Mayowatog: Sounds like your cam timing isn't set right. What engine does your car have? It's not easy giving advice, when you keep such details back. What engine size is it? What year is your car? Is it automatic or manual?
Re: Golf 3 Issue by mayowatog: 10:03pm On Jul 29, 2013
@ sienna its 1.6

(1) (Reply)

Key Remote / Help! Plug Problem! / Unbelievable !! 13 Year Old Nigerian Boy Built A Vehicle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.