Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,087 members, 7,880,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:22 PM

Violence In South Africa: Nigeria Is Asking South Africa To Pay . - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Violence In South Africa: Nigeria Is Asking South Africa To Pay . (1209 Views)

Nigerian Car Dealership Shop Burnt Down In SA Xenophobic Violence! / 2013 Xenophobia Video In South African / Top 10 Most Liveable Cities In Africa -- Nigeria No Where To Be Found (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Violence In South Africa: Nigeria Is Asking South Africa To Pay . by panafrican(m): 4:19pm On May 28, 2008
Nigeria is asking the south african government to pay for what nigerian nationals have lost in the violence.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7424045.stm
Re: Violence In South Africa: Nigeria Is Asking South Africa To Pay . by djclimax: 2:01pm On May 29, 2008
Good Day all

I'm a black south african and am glad I managed to make my way into this website.Where do I begin?Oh yes,the BBC.I have read the article about Nigerians being killed in Hillbrow& Yoeville,but the question remains, how did they come to the conclusion that the deceased were Nigerians?
The above question does not in anyway suggest that I refuse to acknowledge that there has been a wave of violent attacks on foregin nationals,yes it is true,but I honestly feel that the BBC report is grossly exxagerated.
First of all,attacks have occured mainly in informal settlements outside the main cities,secondly I workd in the JHB CDB and catch a bus from hillbrow everyday and the only thing I can confirm were businesses that were closed for a couple of days as caution against possible looting.

I honestly think that what started out as xenophobic attacks spiraled out of control,giving criminals the opportunity to exploit the situation to do as they please.Yes,there are displaced foreigners,but there are displaced southafricans too.The picture I'm trying to paint here is that what's going down here is not black south africans vs the rest of black africa,it is black people vs black people!

This is a sad situation considering that the whites have grabbed this opportunity to bask in the media glory by rushing to the nearest refugee sites to pose for cameras distributing stuff to the destitute,but what you probably do not know is that some of us have welcomed our brothers & sisters into our homes and we do not need media attention to show our humanity.I live with a Mozambique gentleman who approached me in town looking for work.I simply told him that I cannot offer him anything,but he and his family are welcome @ my house.

So people,as volatile as this situation is,please dig deeper for the real truth.
Re: Violence In South Africa: Nigeria Is Asking South Africa To Pay . by Blatant: 2:30pm On May 29, 2008
dj climax,

I can only thank God for people like you.

Black South Africans, and Africans in general, tend to allow themselves to be used by westerners to destroy themselves which only paves room for further exploitation by westerners
Re: Violence In South Africa: Nigeria Is Asking South Africa To Pay . by djclimax: 2:52pm On May 29, 2008
anyway,I just hope saturday will see our boys turning the tables by nailing the super eagles in their own backyard.

Until then
Re: Violence In South Africa: Nigeria Is Asking South Africa To Pay . by Kobojunkie: 9:12pm On May 29, 2008
dj climax:

anyway,I just hope saturday will see our boys turning the tables by nailing the super eagles in their own backyard.

Until then

What article on the BBC made the claim that Nigerians were killed?? Do you mind post a source for this article??
Re: Violence In South Africa: Nigeria Is Asking South Africa To Pay . by ndubest(m): 10:52am On May 30, 2008
@dj Climax
What is XENOPHOBIA?

this language keeps poping up everywhere

is this South african version of English or what?

thank God for people like you though
Re: Violence In South Africa: Nigeria Is Asking South Africa To Pay . by Xiomarra: 10:53am On May 30, 2008
Same ol' same ol' shit!
Re: Violence In South Africa: Nigeria Is Asking South Africa To Pay . by AKO1(m): 10:56am On May 30, 2008
ndubest:

@dj Climax
What is XENOPHOBIA?

this language keeps poping up everywhere

is this South african version of English or what?

thank God for people like you though

Xenophobia is a fear or contempt of that which is foreign or unknown, especially of strangers or foreign people. It is English Language.
Re: Violence In South Africa: Nigeria Is Asking South Africa To Pay . by bluehorizo(m): 11:09am On May 30, 2008
What article on the BBC made the claim that Nigerians were killed?? Do you mind post a source for this article??

I think what the guy meant was the 2010 Nations Cup cum World Cup Qualifier taking place on Sun between the Super Eagles and Bafana Bafana. Not that any Nigerian was killed in the mayhem. wink wink
Re: Violence In South Africa: Nigeria Is Asking South Africa To Pay . by panafrican(m): 8:46pm On May 30, 2008
To DJ Climax, I'm not Nigerian,and I will not be politically correct here. I will say this : You south africans are a big shame to Africa. This is not a fighting between "Blacks". Let's call a cat  a cat . It is a fighting between south africans and africans not from south africa.  South africa has never attracted me and will never . And my intuition has got it right.
Your country is now, to the best of  my knowledge the only country in the whole world where Black africans are forced into concentration camp ,(in a country not at war).  Only neo nazis and  the Ku Klax Klan are in the same boat  as you.

You guys are saying immigrants are taking your jobs. I very well know many africans who have worked 10 to 15 years in the U.S or Europe then chose to invest in shopping small businesses in south africa. They lost everything in one day. What types of jobs did they take from you?  suppose people were acting like you in every countries, the whole planet would be hell. Africans should boycot the world cup and stone any south african embassy in their countries.

I saw  people being set on fire like abandoned old buildings. Some were beaten to death,women raped t and the police refused to help letting them die. Well, If I were the only african not from South africa, no african foreigner would be in your  stupid country. I'm not talking here on behalf of Nigerians only ,I 'm talking on behalf of the thousands of people from Mozambique, Zimbabwe,Malawi, Angola, Zambia, etc.
How and why did Samora Machel die?
Where was your so called "African" national congress getting funds and protection ?
I have not seen winnie Mandela and any ANC high profile figure taking a strong stand when people were butchered.
To hell.
Gess what,if this continues, a panafrican coordinated guerilla will attack you. Africans were  not fighting whites in south Africa as such,we were fighting evil.
Re: Violence In South Africa: Nigeria Is Asking South Africa To Pay . by Kobojunkie: 8:54pm On May 30, 2008
panafrican:

To DJ Climax, I'm not Nigerian,and I will not be politically correct here. I will say this : You south africans are a big shame to Afria. This is not a fighting between "blacks". Let's call a cat a cat . It is a fighting between south africans and africans not from south africa. South africa has never attracted me and will never . And my intuition has got it right.
Your country is now, to the best of my knowledge the only country in the whole world where Black africans are forced into concentration camp ,(in a country not at war). Only neo nazis and the Ku Klax Klan are in the same boat with you.

Not to poopoo your post but come on dude. Do you have evidence for this concentration camp claim of yours or it is cause of the foreigners who, instead of runing back to their own countries have mostly chosen to find refuge in police stations and halls?? If you are not a Nigerian, I suggest you take a look at the whole of africa to be sure you are on the mark about your claim that South africa is the only place where this happens.

panafrican:

You guys are saying immigrants are taking your jobs. I very well know many africans who have worked 10 to 15 years in the US or Europe then chose to invest in shopping small businesses in south africa. They lost everything in one day. What types of jobs did they take from you? suppose people ae acting like you in every countries, the whle planet would be hell. Africans should boycot the world cup and stone any south african embassy in their countries.

Even here in the USA, people claim immigrants are taking our jobs. Heck , I believe it is world wide and not local to South Afric or Europe. Africans should boycott the world cup? and stone any South African embassy in their countries?? I mean if we do not want to be hypocritical here, we should have all africans boycott africa as a whole and stone all african embassies around the world.

panafrican:

I saw people being set on fire like abandoned old buildings. Some were beaten to death and the police refused to help letting them die. Well, If I were the only african not from South africa, no african foreigner would be in your stupid country. I'm not talking here on behalf of Nigerians only ,I talking on behalf of the thousands of people from Mozambique, Zimbabwe,Malawi, Angola, Zambia, etc.
How and why did Samora Machel die?

But dude, people are set on fire like abandoned old buildings in most of Africa, each day?? I mean the other week( same week the incident in South Africa was going on) there was news of 11 "witches" being burnt to death in Kenya. Why is the case in South Africa worse than the one in kenya, the same week?? or the others that happened the same week on the same continent??

panafrican:

Where was your so called "African" national congress getting funds and protection .
I have not seen winnie Mandela and any ANC high profile figure taking a strong stand when people where butchered.
To hell. Gess what,if this countinues, a panafrican coordinated guerilla will attack you. Africans were not fighting white in south africa as such,we were fighting evil.

Dude, I think you should take a chill pill and realize that maybe this is not for you to castigate south africa for a problem that is continent wide. If you are going to take action, at least why not we all make sure that we are consistent.
Re: Violence In South Africa: Nigeria Is Asking South Africa To Pay . by panafrican(m): 1:00am On May 31, 2008
So for you the guy from Ohio, immigrants are like a bunch of witches who deserve nothing but being killed.
You are taking excuses from what is going on in kenya after killing or assaulting kenyans in your country.
Raping somebody's mother, sisters then killing him does not bother you, right? Ok ,fine!
Be thankful to the rest of Africa for not closing down your embassies and retaliating against south african nationals who are also immigrants somewhere in Africa. But guess what, it is not over homeboy .
Your answer is the proof that south africans do not care ,they will be proud of their wickedness until Africa strikes back.
There should not be any doubt in anybody's mind in Africa and the rest of the world that Black south Africans are evil.
Look at these pictures are not the work of nazis or the KKK, it is the work of Black south africans.

1)
http://z.about.com/d/worldnews/1/0/y/0/-/-/southafricaviolence.jpg

2)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7414895.stm
Re: Violence In South Africa: Nigeria Is Asking South Africa To Pay . by Kobojunkie: 2:45am On May 31, 2008
panafrican:

So for you the guy from Ohio, immigrants are like a bunch of witches who deserve nothing but being killed.
You are taking excuses from what is going on in kenya after killing or assaulting kenyans in your country.
Raping somebody's mother, sisters then killing him does not bother you, right? Ok ,fine!

I am not a South African, if you are busy looking for someone to castigate while you maybe sit back and have the same things happen in your own country, turning your eye away in ignorance. I believe I asked you some questions but maybe I should accept that I may never get answers to those.

Here is something for you to ponder. What happened in south africa over the past weeks is appalling but can you in all honesty tell me that the same has not happened in your own country in recent times?? If you have a spine, tell me what country you are from so that we can both research this and find out how you arrived at the conclusion that the incident of the past weeks in South Africa is FAR WORSE than that which may have happened in your own country and maybe right next to your home with you turning a blind eye to it cause it is, maybe was not carried around in the media as much as this one has been.

panafrican:

Be thankful to the rest of Africa for not closing down your embassies and retaliating against south african nationals who are also immigrants somewhere in Africa. But guess what, it is not over homeboy .

I am sorry to inform you but the reality in africa is that this is not new. The media only decided to focus on this cause it is south africa. Go look up the number of kids that get killed in Uganda or have been. for years now. Many raped and turned into sex slaves for old men. Some boiled in oil for thinking of escaping their captors; many maimed and burned to death. It has been happening for years to children in Uganda. Did you miss that one cause it did not make the news for you

Look at the stuation in sudan where many more people have been burned to death, raped and so many sold into slavery and continue to be. That is happening to this very minute in Sudan but somehow you believe South Africa is worse?? when so many more of the same black people, whom you claim to care so much for, are being killed in worse ways, daily in africa. I saw a story just early this year of a gal who had her legs basically crushed, by her master, for trying to run away.

Look at somalia. People are starving to death while the leaders continue to use the food source for power play. Why is this one to be compared to KKK and nazism when all over africa there are and have been worse.

panafrican:

Your answer is the proof that south africans do not care ,they will be proud of their wickedness until Africa strikes back.
There should not be any doubt in anybody's mind in Africa and the rest of the world that Black south Africans are evil.
Look at these pictures are not the work of nazis or the KKK, it is the work of Black south africans.

1)
http://z.about.com/d/worldnews/1/0/y/0/-/-/southafricaviolence.jpg

2)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7414895.stm

Your answer is proof that Africans are really not ready for change but relish being able to point hypocritical fingers and find someone else to condemn instead of getting up  to take these issues as they should be. Reminders of situations happening across that continent and how evil it is as a whole. You are here ranting and raving cause you are able to condemn south Africans for this crime, but as an African, what have you done of the same that maybe happening right under your own nose ( guessing that you are from an african country with the same issues) just that the BBS and world went with this.

Are the women who were burnt the same week not worth the same?? We did not seem to get this same sort of uproar from Nigerians when people are burnt in their own countries. So when South Africans do it, it is worse?? I mean people are burnt alive and beaten to death daily across the country for either being suspected of stealing or whatever. Are those lives not worth the same??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7413268.stm

http://nigeriaworld.com/columnist/ajayi/022806.html
Re: Violence In South Africa: Nigeria Is Asking South Africa To Pay . by BigB11(m): 2:56am On May 31, 2008
We did not seem to get this same sort of uproar from Nigerians when people are burnt in their own countries. So when South Africans do it, it is worse?? I mean people are burnt alive and beaten to death daily across the country for either being suspected of stealing or whatever. Are those lives not worth the same??

The logic here is pure and very simple: e.g
Regardless of the situation, sensible or reasonable parents prefer to rather discipline their kids by themselves than allowing a stranger to do the same to their kids.

Got it?
Re: Violence In South Africa: Nigeria Is Asking South Africa To Pay . by panafrican(m): 3:51am On May 31, 2008
Kobojunkie,this is the typical reasoning of people who will never change. South africa must understand it cannot fool people with pseudo Black rethoric . It is too easy to blame the news media or accuse apartheid .
Give me a single example of any african country which has  had fundings from the African Union  to fight for its   freedom ,and later turned on the nationals of african countries to burn them down like trees and confine them into camps that recall concentration camps.

Why days after the end of the violence people cannot go back to their houses? Because south africans are deeply convinced that those people deserve nothing but death.

Did Zimbabwe, Angola, malawi, Zambia, Tanzania chase south africans down like dogs during apartheid time? Violences took place in 7 out south africa's  9 provinces and You call  this isolated  acts perpetrated by criminals.
Re: Violence In South Africa: Nigeria Is Asking South Africa To Pay . by Kobojunkie: 4:00am On May 31, 2008
[

typical reasoning of people who will not change.
Give me an single example of an african country which has had fundings from the African Union to fight for its for freedom ,and later turned on the nationals of african countries to burn them down like trees. Violences took place in 7 out south africa's 9 provinces. You call this isolated acts perpetrated by criminals.

Ah!!! So Because South Africa got money from African Union means South Africa is the greatest evil in Africa, even though the same crime that was commited in South Africa in a matter of weeks has been observed to a greater magnitude in countries like sudan, uganda, rwanda etc?? And you think my reasoning is the problem here?? People get burnt to death almost daily in Nigeria and even the very same week 11 women were burnt to death in Kenya but because African union helped South Africa gain freedom means South Africa should get the worst penalty for the same crime commited daily across africa?? WOW !!!
Re: Violence In South Africa: Nigeria Is Asking South Africa To Pay . by panafrican(m): 4:19am On May 31, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Ah!!! So Because South Africa got money from African Union means South Africa is the greatest evil in Africa, even though the same crime that was commited in South Africa in a matter of weeks has been observed to a greater magnitude in countries like sudan, uganda, rwanda etc?? And you think my reasoning is the problem here?? People get burnt to death almost daily in Nigeria and even the very same week 11 women were burnt to death in Kenya but because African union helped South Africa gain freedom means South Africa should get the worst penalty for the same crime commited daily across africa?? WOW !!!

What are you saying now?
The war between Hutu and Tutsi in Rwanda goes at least two centuries back in History.
Besides, the downing of the air plane carrying two Hutu presidents after the killing of Melchior Ndadaye (another hutu president in Burundi) triggered the uproar. Hutu have been enslaved by Tutsi in Burundi for centuries.

You want to justify violence in South africa by taking the darfur genocide as an example ? Uhm, with who I'm I talking here?

Just because 11 kenyan women were killed in kenya by kenyans, it is OK to kill 56 immigrants,rape women and force  more than 100,000  immigrants from their houses.
So because rape happens every day in the world, it was fine for you guys to rape african immigrants women. Ok.
Re: Violence In South Africa: Nigeria Is Asking South Africa To Pay . by Kobojunkie: 4:33am On Jun 02, 2008
On that note, I choose to quit now cause it seems that you are more interested in focusing on my person than on the information I am pointing out as support for my side of the debate. I hope you can continue with someone else. Thanks @Panafrican

(1) (Reply)

South Sudan Gains Independence / US Economy Created 200,000 Jobs In December, What's Wrong With Nigeria?! / 'most Lethal Sniper In US History': Chris Kyle Shot Dead On Texas Gun Range

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.