Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,857 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:19 AM

Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) (13615 Views)

Deplorable Road Condition In Delta State. / Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State / Electoral Materials Leaving The CBN Vault In Imo (pixs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by Ninapha(f): 8:31pm On Jul 30, 2013
nydraps: i lived in eziobodo ♍Ɣ broda, instead ☀̤̣̈̇f them to help us repair †ђξ road, they even dug it †ђξ more and worsened †ђξ situation....God help futo students that still lives there
. I feel for u bros. Why not live around futo road atleast to ease the stress. Or dat area to bad now. I know umezela wont be so cool now.
Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:33pm On Jul 30, 2013
bestview:

Stop this nonsense..

Is iwuanyawu the governor? What nonsense. Instead of you guys to tame that clown called okorosha, you people are here blaming a private individual.

This is the same reason all the projects in imo state are presently abandoned, contractors owed, nothing..I mean nothing is working in that state since this i.diot entered their as a governor.

Look at all the huge debt he has amassed in such a short time with nothing on the ground to show for all the waste. Instead he is busy pushing money to his new godfather Tinubo and his hausa masters to the detriment of poor imo people.

That road's condition predated Ohakim..and its a federal government road and Iwuanyanwu's company has had the contract to dualize and standardize d road for a very long time
Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 30, 2013
freecocoa: Oh well, we are used to it grin.

I hear its not a federal road but the only ring road in imo state(whatever that means undecided).

And then there's the iwuanyanwu ish, how can one man hold the state to ransom?

Then the worst of all is the useless ihiagwa idigenes(yes I said it) they are the most useless,greedy and wicked set of people I've met, like how can they not mobilize themselves to make sure something is done about the road?instead they use it as an avenue to rip students off and make the situation worse by mounting road blocks and collecting money from drivers for taking the only alternate route to nekede from ihiagwa, mscheew.
I know it, I know it!!!
I saw you in a keke napep stuck on that muddy road. I shouted freecocoa endlessly yet no response.
Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by Sonnik212(m): 8:38pm On Jul 30, 2013
sexkillzisacunt: That road was bad throughout my stay in FUTO, Rochas should forget about the federal government and do some thing about that road, it's a huge dent on his image. No FUTO or FEDPoly student will ever believe Rochas is working when they see that kind of road everyday, and they come from all parts of the country. It isn't good for Rochas' image at all....
bro dept u d n wot year did u gradutd 4rm?
Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by wabterry(m): 8:41pm On Jul 30, 2013
As a FUTO graduate , is really sad, this road has been like this my first 1999, the nothing tangible has been done to fix it by those in power. i Pity my Alma Mater, my State and Nigeria in general.
Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by slimghost(m): 8:43pm On Jul 30, 2013
nydraps: pls don't be so stewpid, i just graduated from †ђξ school last year and stayed in †ђξ worst part, "eziobodo". If γφυ don't know anything just stfu or if γφυ aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ trying to be humorous then U̶̲̥̅̊ just failed to make ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ laugh....ђã†̥ insolence!!

Pls kid, if you don't get his drift, just shut it and stop displaying your bad upbringing online! Clown! Laughing at your hopeless and confused butt! Lol. Up Okorosha!!
Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by emmaliveth10(m): 8:47pm On Jul 30, 2013
God bless your soul OP!this road is very very bad!all my money goes on bike fares everyday while plying this road!i wonder whether it is a different state or is it still Imo state!the governor should come to the aid of us students!even if is filling of this road with concrete stones or gravel than this everyday red sand of a thing!

1 Like

Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by bocin500(m): 8:47pm On Jul 30, 2013
From the days of John The Baptist, that road has been like that. And evry other year, we keep hearing the same thing. In fact tales from the vine bears it that the contract for that road has been awarded up to 5 times!!!.
Like what someone said earlier, it is a political road (pls don't ask me what that means).
In summary, the road is a classical example of 'man's inhumanity to man'.
First came in contact with that road about 12 years ago and from the pics, the story is still same.
I weep for my dear Imo State!!! Painfully so too, considering the fact that the said road is one road visitors to the state come to use on a daily basis seeing that it bothers on 2 prominent federal institutions.
Its been said overtime, that Imo is replete with bad, sad and ugly news.
To this, I call on Gov Rochas, those responsible (directly and indirectly) for the prolonged state of utter disrepair of that road and indeed, Ndi Imo , please let's prove bookmakers wrong for once, biko!!!
Ka Chineke mezi okwu!
Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by Immatex(m): 8:48pm On Jul 30, 2013
As a regular User of this very deplorable road, I feel a heavy guilt not to have brought this to the attention of this forum and so must thank the Citizen who did this good job.
I have on many occasion called on the impeachment of the Imo State Governor owing to the condition of this road and the many pain it has caused its users, let me again call on concerned persons to join in asking that the Governor, Senator, and house members in both state and federal levels be held accountable for the deplorable condition of this road. Be informed that this road is the only viable access to FEDPONEK and FUTO both being highly esteemed citadels of learning in Imo state and Nigeria. As this road continue to decline each passing day, without an iota of attention, it will soon be impassable and the communities in this part of the State totally cut-off from Owerri and the rest of the world.
Let Humans do what they can do before they leave the rest for God!
Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by emmaliveth10(m): 8:49pm On Jul 30, 2013
God bless your soul OP!this road is very very bad!all my money goes on bike fares everyday while plying this road!i wonder whether it is a different state or is it still Imo state!the governor should come to the aid of us students!even if is filling of this road with concrete stones or gravel than this everyday red sand of a thing!
HOW CAN THE GOVERNOR BE SITTING WHILE WE STUDENTS SUFFER EVERYDAY?
Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by ngooka: 8:50pm On Jul 30, 2013
Imo state have never gotten a Governor since after mbakwe, its likely Ohakim maybe better than Rochas
Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by calcal: 8:58pm On Jul 30, 2013
and that is where the oil is coming from, and dem dem are in charge of the country. at lease repair your town while in office.
Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by freecocoa(f): 8:59pm On Jul 30, 2013
Ninapha: . Ur sister must be a big joker. Ihiagwa has been in the history even from udorji's time. Ihiagwa has pple who can fix dat road only they are selfish. Agberos and jobless youths are also not helpn matter but they are everywher, lagos, onitsha, enugu so associating them wit such huge primitivity is more like trying to oil ur ego. I am diappointed yes but tell me ur own town abeg!
Aha so you are from ihiagwa?abegi there's nothing civilized about una.tongue
Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by freecocoa(f): 9:03pm On Jul 30, 2013
LastApostle:
I know it, I know it!!!
I saw you in a keke napep stuck on that muddy road. I shouted freecocoa endlessly yet no response.
Lol, for your mind.tongue
Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by HIPROFILE(m): 9:32pm On Jul 30, 2013
xtianh: OP@ Go and ask Iwuayanwu why that road has not been fixed. Iwuayanwu insisted that he fixed that particular road some times during the past administration but was not paid his full contract sum. Since then he vowed that no other contractor will work on that road till his money is paid back to him.

My brother I commend your comment honestly speaking this is one of the few good comments I have seen on NL most people jast put comments without any single knowledge about the subject matter this shows you're really onground.
Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by 1bunne4lif(m): 9:37pm On Jul 30, 2013
bestview: Is this Nigeria or Burudi...? grin grin grin grin

Imo state people have finally entered one-chance..cheiiii...this is heartlessness. I think its high time imo state people begs orji to come and move them forward.

And that clown called abagworo will see all these and leave it to talk down on states that are far far better organized, decent, better infrastructure and forward-looking..

This is the worst road I have seen in Nigeria..TUFIAKWA!!!!

If you believe that cocroach Roaches okorosha is a clown, laid-back and clueless: CLICK LIKE
clueless clown

1 Like

Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by Gibbrous: 9:39pm On Jul 30, 2013
During the last concluded aptitude text in PolyNekede

Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by Abagworo(m): 9:44pm On Jul 30, 2013
bocin500: From the days of John The Baptist, that road has been like that. And evry other year, we keep hearing the same thing. In fact tales from the vine bears it that the contract for that road has been awarded up to 5 times!!!.
Like what someone said earlier, it is a political road (pls don't ask me what that means).
In summary, the road is a classical example of 'man's inhumanity to man'.
First came in contact with that road about 12 years ago and from the pics, the story is still same.
I weep for my dear Imo State!!! Painfully so too, considering the fact that the said road is one road visitors to the state come to use on a daily basis seeing that it bothers on 2 prominent federal institutions.
Its been said overtime, that Imo is replete with bad, sad and ugly news.
To this, I call on Gov Rochas, those responsible (directly and indirectly) for the prolonged state of utter disrepair of that road and indeed, Ndi Imo , please let's prove bookmakers wrong for once, biko!!!
Ka Chineke mezi okwu!

As a realistic citizen I don't think it is wise for Rochas to embark on more projects. Even Rivers and Akwa-Ibom that are really wealthy have not been able to cover all the roads in their States in the past 6years and many awarded in 2007 "like Ada George road" are still ongoing. Let us leave Rochas to complete at least 75% of the multiple problems he's carrying at the same time with meager resources before embarking on additional projects. Maybe he can do that in his 2nd tenure.
Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by Tunbolity(m): 9:57pm On Jul 30, 2013
kingbang: Its a lie. That road is not in Imo state, its in Anambra State. Rochas is working. He is the next best thing after ruff ryder condoms! grin grin grin grin grin
It is true,the road is in Imo State,Owerri South L.G of Owerri Township,I passed there 3wks ago when I went to Owerri.According to the residents,the road is a federal road and all entrities made by Imo State govt to secure permission to repair the road from federal govt were turned down
Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by jevic(m): 9:58pm On Jul 30, 2013
Gov Rochas should be notified now to use his good office and do something on the road.
Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by Ninapha(f): 10:08pm On Jul 30, 2013
freecocoa: Aha so you are from ihiagwa?abegi there's nothing civilized about una.tongue
. Lol awuu kwa m onye Ihiagwa daa. U cannot call ihiagwa/nekede primitive amongst Imolites. Coco nkwa tell me ur town if u are proud of it. No tell me owerri oo just the exact town/villa make we compare notes.
Jema je duu daa! Lol
Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by Tunbolity(m): 10:09pm On Jul 30, 2013
Oh! I also wanted to post some of those pics here when I came back from Imo State 3 weeks ago but it escaped my mind.I tell you,that road is an eyesore,nothing less than 2 tricycles fell into the murky water on the road as it is totally deplorable.According to the information I gathered from the residents of the area,it is a federal road and Imo State govt has written federal govt severally,seeking permission to construct the road but fed govt rejected the move.Moreso,I will want to believe it is a fed road cos all the state roads in hinterland parts of Imo State such as Azaraegbelu,Aboh-Mbaise,Ezinnite,Umuagu,Itu and others have been fixed by Okorocha govt.Would it not sound unreasonable that a govt that has fixed hinterland roads would now neglect roads in the capital city.
Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by willibounce: 10:23pm On Jul 30, 2013
Hmmm! I see y Lagos is filled up. Who no like better tins?

I dey pay moy taks.

Haf u pay uR taks?

Alzin, iz lyk , u know. Elsquize me.

And some ppl no wan pay and obey for d foin foin tins wey dem dey see for ragos. Soup wey swit na money kill am.
Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by dlux: 10:23pm On Jul 30, 2013
I want to state categorically that this road is being used by PDP to stall Rochas's administration. It cuts across Nekede-Ihiagwa-Futo and Eziobodo(the real Futo host community). Inwuanyawu the God-father in IMO state politics claims he's given a life contract by former governor achike udenwa as compensation. He's the contractor and brain behind this bad road since 1999. I am a native of this area. God help us. Have you been to Eziobodo the major host community of FUTO? The roads are similar. Especially Futo road. The local government chairman and representatives in government majorly from Ihiagwa in this present administration are so powérless. Students and indigenes go through hell everyday. Futo and Fedpoly nekede.
Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by legendprac(m): 10:30pm On Jul 30, 2013
Ninapha: . I feel for u bros. Why not live around futo road atleast to ease the stress. Or dat area to bad now. I know umezela wont be so cool now.

I lived along futo road all my futo life, d road was bad then a lil.... But u can't even compare then to now... Futo road eziobodo n river niger resemble well well now... I was dia a few months ago and the depth abi height of the 'river road' covered d bonnet and got to d windshield of an SUV... In fact, d students were surprised how d car managed to 'escape' the 'river'.... That's how bad the road is.. It's worse dan nekede-futo road(just dt it doesn't have d thickness of d mud @ nekede-futo road)....

That isn't to say rochas isn't doing very well......
Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by legendprac(m): 10:36pm On Jul 30, 2013
freecocoa: Aha so you are from ihiagwa?abegi there's nothing civilized about una.tongue

Eziobodo ppl nko?
That community n hostility are brothers
Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by Plshavmercyamen: 10:41pm On Jul 30, 2013
I think the op and most of the pple making caricature of this sensitive issue that entails service to the pple should pause for a while to find out if that road in question is a Federal Road and if it is, do u guys know that d state govt MUST apply to d federal govt through d ministry of works and must obtain a written permission before he proceeds to fix d road? Else the fed. Govt can either sue d state or decide not to re-imburse the state Govt and NOTHING WILL HAPPEN. But, if it is a State road den the communities and indeed well meaning Nigerians MUST impress it on Rochas to fix the Road as he is doing else where.
Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by Ninapha(f): 10:48pm On Jul 30, 2013
legendprac:

Eziobodo ppl nko?
That community n hostility are brothers
Bia legend, akpo kwala nde eziobodo aha! Je kwa choro oche duu. Eziobodo pple hostile ikwa? ask ur students how they fought for u ppl during ihiagwa crises. Ihula nu nde uwa! Lol.
Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by Biafradiplomat: 11:04pm On Jul 30, 2013
bestview:

Stop this nonsense..

Is iwuanyawu the governor? What nonsense. Instead of you guys to tame that clown called okorosha, you people are here blaming a private individual.

This is the same reason all the projects in imo state are presently abandoned, contractors owed, nothing..I mean nothing is working in that state since this i.diot entered their as a governor.

Look at all the huge debt he has amassed in such a short time with nothing on the ground to show for all the waste. Instead he is busy pushing money to his new godfather Tinubo and his hausa masters to the detriment of poor imo people.
stop talking nonsense, I left Futo in 2009 and believe me, for the duration of my stay there, that road was never in good condition, recently, I happened to pass through that road to inspect my property and still found out that nothing has been done about it, I was indeed frustrated at the state of that road but at the same time I discovered that another road at Nekede was tarred by the Imo state government, I became curious as to how Rochas would tar a less important road at the expense of a very important one, after making enquiries,I was told that the road is in contention with that wicked obese old man called Iwuanyawu. Despite the fact that its a federal road. I still repeat it loud and clear that Rochas is the best thing that happened to Imo state since Dee Sam left Douglass house. Only a few governors can compare with Rochas in Nigeria today, I stand to be corrected, yes he vituperates a lot but he is doing wonders in Imo state.

1 Like

Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by sponkino89(m): 11:06pm On Jul 30, 2013
kingbang: Its a lie. That road is not in Imo state, its in Anambra State. Rochas is working. He is the next best thing after ruff ryder condoms! grin grin grin grin grin
wit al due respect, r u normal? Ve u been 2 d road? I ve. And i tink u r so sef centered nd sentimental be careful nd pray such dont befall u cos u wont b needin ruf ryda believe me u ll b needin a boat. Am serious!!! Jst ask abt d said road or better stil ply it.

1 Like

Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by legendprac(m): 11:08pm On Jul 30, 2013
Ninapha: Bia legend, akpo kwala nde eziobodo aha! Je kwa choro oche duu. Eziobodo pple hostile ikwa? ask ur students how they fought for u ppl during ihiagwa crises. Ihula nu nde uwa! Lol.

Pls ask about the eziobodo crisis of 2008.... I was a victim.... They burnt all my property in dat crisis....
Beat us wt cutlass, stones,etc(just like u would see in ancient movies), kicked us and finally rounded us up in front of dia EZE's compound to burn us... We were saved cuz dey couldn't find fuel nearby and wen dey went to get fuel, a police van arrived n saved us.... Dt was how we escaped.....

So, don't tell me about how loving they can be...... They burnt lodges(mine inclusive), spent more dan 2 hours trying to break into our lodge... Raided us before burning d remaining properties(the ones dey tot weren't important to them)....

Pls, don't get me started on eziobodo indigenes..... Them no get heart nor joy for dem lives.....
Re: Deplorable Road Condition Linking Nekede-ihiagwa-futo In Imo (PIXS) by sponkino89(m): 11:13pm On Jul 30, 2013
and so? Go 2 akwa ibom state nd u ll see, testify nd b truthful 2 ur sef. Next abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wike: “I Have To Step On Toes, To Make Rivers State Better” / How Ganduje’s Govt Employed JSS Students Into Civil Service – Kano SSG / Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.