Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,133 members, 7,880,561 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:05 PM

Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread - Phones (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread (424024 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by davetwitzy: 12:33am On Oct 03, 2013
Please how can I change my font on the thunderous nightmare ROM
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by okpoonline2000: 12:38am On Oct 03, 2013
marcjoe:

TECNO PHANTOM A FIRST (NOT A+ OOH) ROM..

This here is the performance rom. It is faster and smoother with less battery drain and a host of other tweaks. No UI changes though (the updates will have them). So if you are as excited as I am to try this rom, let's see what we have.

s3 bootanimation n sound
s3 boot logo
Jelly bean icons
iphone ringtones
google play music
dolphin browser
apex launcher
deodexed
busybox
rooted
init.d
signal tweaks
3g tweaks
battery tweaks
gpu rendering
dns tweaks
media tweaks
v6 supercharger
kickasskernel
crossbreeder
reorganized build.prop file

HOW TO FLASH:

First make a backup of your phone with CWM (very important)

Wipe/Factory Reset
Wipe Cache
Flash Zip from SDcard
Reboot
Be patient, it takes about five minutes or more to boot.

DOWNLOAD XTREME PHANTOM ROM FOR TECNO PHANTOM A HERE

@Marcjoe, pls how do i Flash Zip from SDcard?
Under recovery, i saw apply update from from SDcard, is it the same thing as flash zip from sdcard?
when i applied update from sdcard, i got installation aborted. plz help me out
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by davetwitzy: 1:10am On Oct 03, 2013
Use cwm recovery not the normal stock recovery
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 1:48am On Oct 03, 2013
okpoonline2000:

@Marcjoe, pls how do i Flash Zip from SDcard?
Under recovery, i saw apply update from from SDcard, is it the same thing as flash zip from sdcard?
when i applied update from sdcard, i got installation aborted. plz help me out

Ve u updated ur recovery?
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 1:49am On Oct 03, 2013
davetwitzy: Please how can I change my font on the thunderous nightmare ROM

I heard ifont works well..
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by okpoonline2000: 2:37am On Oct 03, 2013
marcjoe:

Ve u updated ur recovery?
No,
Pls how do I update my recovery? Phantom A
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by okpoonline2000: 2:43am On Oct 03, 2013
Pls give me the link to update recovery on Phantom A. As well as the steps to flash the custom ROM into my phone. Thanks
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by okpoonline2000: 2:49am On Oct 03, 2013
davetwitzy: Use cwm recovery not the normal stock recovery
Pls where can I find Cwm recovery?
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by DMungai: 6:57am On Oct 03, 2013
coolest01: please oh...there are many links ere.which one should i use to download the multitasking app?

first to the best of my knowledge i dont know 1 app for muiltasking. to my understanding & to what i have used ( check the screenshots) i use Gplayer which play video in a split screen, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gpc.myweb.hinet.net.PopupVideo&hl=en
floating banner which one chooses atleast 3 apps (free version) for muiltasking mine is messaging,calculator,Ram cleaner,i believe pro version one can choose as many apps as one likes https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gpc.myweb.hinet.net.FloatingWorld...
the other links are for floating browser only, audio manager floating so choose what u like
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by hustla(m): 9:07am On Oct 03, 2013
D.Mungai:

first to the best of my knowledge i dont know 1 app for muiltasking. to my understanding & to what i have used ( check the screenshots) i use Gplayer which play video in a split screen, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gpc.myweb.hinet.net.PopupVideo&hl=en
floating banner which one chooses atleast 3 apps (free version) for muiltasking mine is messaging,calculator,Ram cleaner,i believe pro version one can choose as many apps as one likes https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gpc.myweb.hinet.net.FloatingWorld...
the other links are for floating browser only, audio manager floating so choose what u like

can you use any app in the multi tasking window? or it has to be the three you selected
kindly clarify
and will it work on the stock Android os that came with my A+?
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by staaan(m): 10:00am On Oct 03, 2013
marcjoe:

U mean d ba3 wont last like ur n7?
What app would I use to elongate battery usage? U ve not added me yet 08032404804
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by DMungai: 11:12am On Oct 03, 2013
hustla:

can you use any app in the multi tasking window? or it has to be the three you selected
kindly clarify
Yeah u can use any app or all of them the same time , I believe it wil work with stock rom for A+ coz even a friend of mine uses it in N7 stock rom, so it should work.
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:34am On Oct 03, 2013
Kingsleyinfo:

I just put up a screenshot of my phones memory, do the maths and see if it adds up. Your sarcasm only makes you look uninformed. If someone brought a problem to you, the best you could do was find a solution. My solution would be to probably download clean master, and search for junk files that might be eating up phone memory. Second option will be to root the device and then uninstall some of the apps that came with the device. The techno phones are good for the price tag, infact they are too good for the price tag they carry. They might be budget devices, but they certainly do more than expected from phones from other brands. Your sarcasm doesnt change Nada.

if i was to insult you, id be coming down to your level. you are not worth it.

BTW its not for my sake that i asked the question from you emergency Chinese phone guru wannabes.

in bought my 1st droid device in 2009. till date i am yet to meet any device that exhibited this behavior and i have used quite a few devices.

what you refer to as sarcasm is your misguided, idiocy-clouded interpretation of a perfectly reasonable question. i even added a screenshot to show what i was saying just because of high minded dolts like you.

That you do not have a sense of humor is nobodies fault.

what ever inferiority complex you have is best kept within yourself. I do not recall mentioning a price with your parroting of "price" "cheap" bla bla bla.

NOBODY on God's green earth gives a flying fcuuk whatever device you use, or how much you bought it

from all indications your explanation about junk files is plausible, but patently ridiculous if true.

what is even more likely is that the Flash memory chip is actually faulty and has reduced space more like the fake china flash drives and memory cards we buy.

i will inform the fellow who asked for my help to try whatever "clean master" app. He is at liberty to root.
why he is required to do so when the device reports 1gb space with over 600 mb free is illogical.

Thank you for your time
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:37am On Oct 03, 2013
[size=28pt]BTW did i mention that TECNO IS THE BOOOOOMB!!!!

UP TECNOO

TECNO FOR LIFE

ETC ETC ETC
[/size]
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 03, 2013
4llerbuntu:

BTW its not for my sake that i asked the question from you emergency Chinese phone guru wannabes.

in bought my 1st droid device in 2009. till date i am yet to meet any device that exhibited this behavior and i have used quite a few devices.

what you refer to as sarcasm is your misguided, idiocy-clouded interpretation of a perfectly reasonable question. i even added a screenshot to show what i was saying just because of high minded dolts like you.

what ever inferiority complex you have is best kept within yourself. I do not recall mentioning a price with your parroting of "price" "cheap" bla bla bla.

NOBODY on God's green earth gives a flying fcuuk whatever device you use, or how much you bought it

from all indications your explanation about junk files is plausible, but patently ridiculous if true.

what is even more likely is that the Flash memory chip is actually faulty and has reduced space more like the fake china flash drives and memory cards we buy.

i will inform the fellow who asked for my help to try whatever "clean master" app. He is at liberty to root.
why he is required to do so when the device reports 1gb space with over 600 mb free is illogical.

Thank you for your time

And u have nt insulted him?
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 12:19pm On Oct 03, 2013
D.Mungai:

Nice one
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 12:19pm On Oct 03, 2013
staaan:
What app would I use to elongate battery usage? U ve not added me yet 08032404804

Install [url=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/9i0lbk0q4g1tklq/Du%20Battery%20Saver%20Pro%20v3.1.0.rar?token_hash=AAH4xN66PuRs7cWdS2Cnozn1309c4jZJt5uQZDXWLdcXwg&dl=1]DU BA3 SAVER PRO [/url] TO ELONGATE UR BA3 AND OPTIMISE UR PHONE...
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 12:21pm On Oct 03, 2013
hustla:

kindly clarify

Search for multiscreen multitasking app if u cant wait for me to upload.... smiley
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 12:24pm On Oct 03, 2013
okpoonline2000:
Pls where can I find Cwm recovery?

Download [url=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/r31t33zre28wa5f/cmw%20recovery%20for%20tecno%20phantom%20A.img?token_hash=AAGvsxuOIEn1MV9tQnBKiLdpF5rP3oSwIcjse-fS1kwmMQ&dl=1]DOWNLOAD CMW RECOVERY FOR PHANTOM A(NOT A+ OOH) HERE[/url]

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by StHolyMan: 12:38pm On Oct 03, 2013
marcjoe: [b]HOW TO BACKUP OUR ROM

you must accept the fact that something might go wrong along the way. with that in mind i usually recommend this step immediately after rooting. if you wont flash cwm, then i will advice against rooting also.

1. Go to playstore on your phone and download "mobileuncle tools" (you must be rooted for this app to work).

2. once it is installed, download the cwm from this
LINK(link updated)

3. now put the RECOVERY.IMG file inside your memory card directly (not in a folder oooh) and open the mobileuncle tools and choose the Recovery Update option.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1307428_IMG_201309153641_jpg3c7d4b1b93d5c1c36964009762fbf678

It would be the first one you see on the list.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1307429_IMG_2013091527692_jpg51c36684437749ab1f86eab35c391435
4. select it and say yes to all it asks..(it wont take advantage of you, I promise).

5. It should reboot into recovery. which is a dark screen with blue text. (in the future, use the power button + volume up button to enter recovery mode)

Now lets back up your phone.

1. you will need at least 2-3GB free space to back up (depending on ur installed app) as well as at least 50% bat3. Use the volume buttons to scroll up and down and the power button/camera button to make selections.

2. once you are in recovery mode, scroll down to backup and restore and select it. next choose the backup option which is usually the first option. Sit back and relax cuz it takes a while. Once that is done, scroll down to go back and den select the reboot phone option to turn your phone back on..[/b]

AFTER BACKING UP U CAN FIND D BACKUP IN A FOLDER IN UR SDCARD CALLED ''CLOCKWORKMOD'' USING ANY FILE MANAGER THEN MAKE SURE U ZIP D FOLDER AND KEEP IT EVERYWHERE, AS FOR ME I KEPT MINE INSIDE A P.C, 4 MEMORY CARD....SO I CANT LOSE ANYTHING.... cool

I just successfully backed up my device #stressfree following the above guideline. Thanks a million! Next in line will be to run a custom ROM. #grinning# cheesy

Should I delete the clockworkmod folder so as to free up space on my SDcard, have just abt 3.77GB left? I have already saved it on my PC.
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by staaan(m): 12:51pm On Oct 03, 2013
marcjoe:

Install [url=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/9i0lbk0q4g1tklq/Du%20Battery%20Saver%20Pro%20v3.1.0.rar?token_hash=AAH4xN66PuRs7cWdS2Cnozn1309c4jZJt5uQZDXWLdcXwg&dl=1]DU BA3 SAVER PRO [/url] TO ELONGATE UR BA3 AND OPTIMISE UR PHONE...
Download but wat I saw was xplore instead. There was also no installation prompt like the others. I will keep telling u to add me until u do. Add 08032404804
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 03, 2013
4llerbuntu:

Thank you for your time

I am not worth it, yet you found time to post all that?

I am wondering who is misguided between the both of us

you with your in ability to comprehend or my attempt to correct your 'myopic views' which I have seen a lot of.

Hurray he happens to be the first droid user in Nigeria 'Mr I have used a few devices' grin grin grin

Your english teacher obviously failed in his/her duties if he couldn't teach you the difference between humor and sarcasm. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I also gave you a screen shot of my device, did it add up or not?

People and their need to be known for what they know nothing about beats my imagination.

People with self esteem issues, would always be the first to fight for superiority.

Maybe you are suffering from superiority complex innit? Dokitor.... grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by blacqueen(f): 3:57pm On Oct 03, 2013
who lives in surulere that can help me with all this ROM this and that...God bless you as you do so......[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 4:10pm On Oct 03, 2013
blacqueen: who lives in surulere that can help me with all this ROM this and that...God bless you as you do so......[color=#990000][/color]

Do u use phantom a+
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 4:11pm On Oct 03, 2013
staaan:
Download but wat I saw was xplore instead. There was also no installation prompt like the others. I will keep telling u to add me until u do. Add 08032404804

What do u mean bro?, just download again...
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 4:11pm On Oct 03, 2013
St. HolyMan:

I just successfully backed up my device #stressfree following the above guideline. Thanks a million! Next in line will be to run a custom ROM. #grinning# cheesy

Should I delete the clockworkmod folder so as to free up space on my SDcard, have just abt 3.77GB left? I have already saved it on my PC.

Sure....but make sure u keep ur backup safe...
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by okpoonline2000: 4:40pm On Oct 03, 2013
marcjoe:

Download [url=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/r31t33zre28wa5f/cmw%20recovery%20for%20tecno%20phantom%20A.img?token_hash=AAGvsxuOIEn1MV9tQnBKiLdpF5rP3oSwIcjse-fS1kwmMQ&dl=1]DOWNLOAD CMW RECOVERY FOR PHANTOM A(NOT A+ OOH) HERE[/url]
Thanks for your prompt response. I've downloaded the recovery, used mobileuncle tool to update the CWM recovery but still not enable to flash zip from sdcard in order to install the custom ROM in my Phantom A?
Pls what's should I do?
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Coolstan: 5:20pm On Oct 03, 2013
marcjoe:

I heard ifont works well..
like a charm
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Coolstan: 5:28pm On Oct 03, 2013
blacqueen: who lives in surulere that can help me with all this ROM this and that...God bless you as you do so......[color=#990000][/color]
bless you too. I stay in surulere
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by samistry(m): 5:32pm On Oct 03, 2013
Pls can we see a screenshot of dis xtreme rom
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Coolstan: 5:43pm On Oct 03, 2013
samistry: Pls can we see a screenshot of dis xtreme rom
there's no need for Screenshots it's still the same ui. Most of the changes were under the hood. You'll have to see the benchmarks or use it to notice
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by jubrealguy(m): 5:53pm On Oct 03, 2013
D.Mungai:

lets go step by step...
1. By using ES file explorer move the com.ea.game.fifa14_row in Android/obb to another folder of your choice, its vital for you not to lose the data u downloaded.
2. Uninstall the game now.
3. Install Fifa 1.2.8 Apk http://www1.datafilehost.com/d/a32f8848
4. Move back the com.ea.game.fifa14_row to Android/obb from where u had saved it earlier. Edit the folder in it to main.128.com.ea.xxxxxx(change only 129 to 128).. make sure it is main.128.com.ea.game.fifa14_row
5. Download this http://www.4shared.com/account/home.jsp#dir=vuqsmZoN or http://www.4shared.com/folder/vuqsmZoN/_online.html extract it put it in Android/data overwrite what u have there.
6. Put data n wifi on.
7. launch the game
8. tap checking existing purchase, now u should have unlocked game.
guy, it is re- downloading it all over again after decompressing d zipped file................. thanks bro..... Igive up

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (216) (Reply)

Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. / 2go Version 3.7.0 With BBM And Whatsapp Features On Java OS. / How Do I Download 2go To My Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.