Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,638 members, 7,921,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 01:05 AM

WANDE COAL Breaks Up With Don Jazzy's Mavin Records - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / WANDE COAL Breaks Up With Don Jazzy's Mavin Records (2593 Views)

Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records / Photos From Don Jazzy's Mavin Dinner Night / Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records Releases New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

WANDE COAL Breaks Up With Don Jazzy's Mavin Records by fedrick901(m): 5:13pm On Jul 30, 2013
[img]http://www..com/talk/photo.jpg?action=dlattach&topic=163361.0&attach=60645&image.jpg[/img]

Wande Coal after years of staying loyal to his bosses, Dbanj and Don Jazzy has allegedly finally parted ways with Mavin Records owned by Don Jazzy to form his own label known as Black Diamond Entertainment.
During the post Mohit era which saw Dbanj and Don Jazzy parting ways to form their own record label, Wande Coal pitched his tent with the super producer, Don Jazzy and released a number of hits under the Mavin blueprint.

With the likes of Wizkid and Iyanya running their own label and making it bigtime, Wande Coal finally summoned the courage to untie himself from the apron strings of Mavin to become his own boss.

His new single ‘Kilaju’ produced by Maleek Berry, which dropped yesterday was released under his Black Diamond imprint.

A member of his new team who pleaded anonymity confirmed the split saying WC’s twitter bio says it all, while attempt to reach Don Jazzy was not possible as at the time of filing this report.

READ MORE AT9AIJAHOUSE ENTERTAINMENT
Re: WANDE COAL Breaks Up With Don Jazzy's Mavin Records by pfijacobs(m): 5:23pm On Jul 30, 2013
first to comment. come sign me o....
Re: WANDE COAL Breaks Up With Don Jazzy's Mavin Records by Smhart1(f): 5:32pm On Jul 30, 2013
Goodluck

1 Like

Re: WANDE COAL Breaks Up With Don Jazzy's Mavin Records by fedrick901(m): 5:33pm On Jul 30, 2013
pfijacobs: first to comment. come sign me o....
if i hear
Re: WANDE COAL Breaks Up With Don Jazzy's Mavin Records by onyi4edu(f): 5:44pm On Jul 30, 2013
Güd ƒø® him
Re: WANDE COAL Breaks Up With Don Jazzy's Mavin Records by fedrick901(m): 6:21pm On Jul 30, 2013
onyi4edu: Güd ƒø® him
sure
Re: WANDE COAL Breaks Up With Don Jazzy's Mavin Records by MafiaMan: 6:44pm On Jul 30, 2013
I thought they said Don Jazzy is the best producer in the whole world? Little wonders he resorted to selling Loya Milk.
Re: WANDE COAL Breaks Up With Don Jazzy's Mavin Records by tellwisdom: 6:55pm On Jul 30, 2013
Mafia Man: I thought they said Don Jazzy is the best producer in the whole world? Little wonders he resorted to selling Loya Milk.

What do you know?? sad

1 Like

Re: WANDE COAL Breaks Up With Don Jazzy's Mavin Records by Forzap: 7:32pm On Jul 30, 2013
*Sad face* I guess it's time for don jazzy 2 search for young & talented artiste cos d remaning mavin crew wud likely follow suit wen dem hammer small,donjazzy wake up man!#teamjazzy

2 Likes

Re: WANDE COAL Breaks Up With Don Jazzy's Mavin Records by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:44pm On Jul 30, 2013
WC needs to sit back for a couple of months and re-strategize, look at the landscape,see what is popular and has potentials for hitting money real quick, he should lose that pudgy fat look and work out .. rebrand himself.

WC at some point was far more popular than Dbanj and Don-Jazzy put together, somehow he got into the background, allowed Dbanj to get to the top, then all the others followed, Whiz, Iyanya, Prince, MI etc.. he has to really go back to the drawing board.. get some advise from 2face.. he knows what staying power is all about

2 Likes

Re: WANDE COAL Breaks Up With Don Jazzy's Mavin Records by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 30, 2013
MAVIN was a total mistake frm the start...brave move by wande.who knws,this might just be that breakthrough moment we've al bin waiting 4.WC IS A TALENT..Hope he's got strategies..
Re: WANDE COAL Breaks Up With Don Jazzy's Mavin Records by dridowu: 8:20pm On Jul 30, 2013
Ogun omode kole sere fun ogun ogun odun ( twenty children cannot be together for the next twenty years)
Re: WANDE COAL Breaks Up With Don Jazzy's Mavin Records by nickz(m): 8:26pm On Jul 30, 2013
Goodluck bro,please dont start singing wack music grin well sha I trust ya
Re: WANDE COAL Breaks Up With Don Jazzy's Mavin Records by Rooneyboy(m): 8:52pm On Jul 30, 2013
Wande Ojoshipe as I've always known him back then in high skool is only digging his grave in the music industry.

#beginning of his downfall.
Re: WANDE COAL Breaks Up With Don Jazzy's Mavin Records by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 30, 2013
Honestly, I think that's the best thing for Wande Coal. If he can retain production arrangements with Don Jazzy, great. But considering how big Wande is and how long he has been around, I am disappointed that he has only one album to his name officially.

I think Don Jazzy (as a record label executive) is slowing him down,. Wande should be as big as Wizkid is at the moment. Why the delays in releasing albums since 2009? Na. He is far too talented for that.
Re: WANDE COAL Breaks Up With Don Jazzy's Mavin Records by 3ace(m): 9:27pm On Jul 30, 2013
Finally! I knew this boy will eventually leave. It was just a matter of time. Anyway, I wish him all the best.
Re: WANDE COAL Breaks Up With Don Jazzy's Mavin Records by flobby57(m): 9:32pm On Jul 30, 2013
Is anyone surprised about that? The dude is the encyclopaedia of songs in that group others like dr sid and prince are empty heads in muzik no problem Don jazzy will start his gospel ministry full fledged now end of discussion

1 Like

Re: WANDE COAL Breaks Up With Don Jazzy's Mavin Records by fr3do(m): 12:05am On Jul 31, 2013
Mushin2mohits,love that album
@op
Wande formed black diamond ent. Doesn't mean he is parting ways with mavin,wizkid formed star boy records,he is still with eme,after all in the kick intro I saw black diamond ent.
Re: WANDE COAL Breaks Up With Don Jazzy's Mavin Records by airmark(m): 2:00am On Jul 31, 2013
^^^^ Check his twitter page, it's obvious he has disconnected from mavins.Tiwa Savage may be the next to go probably after her marriage. I wish Don jazzy should just allow other mavins members to go and team up with Dbanj. Their combination is heavenly-ordained.
Re: WANDE COAL Breaks Up With Don Jazzy's Mavin Records by tjfulloption(m): 8:06am On Jul 31, 2013
Yoruba people will call it *FEEREEDOMU* (freedom) yes, it time for the *mo ku mo gbe, mo daran* star to go solo, he has shown high level of loyality, honesty and intergrity to his boss. I do move in support of this.
wishing you more success in life and prosperity. Congratulation and GOODLUCK to you but not (jonathan o)
Re: WANDE COAL Breaks Up With Don Jazzy's Mavin Records by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 31, 2013
Rooneyboy: Wande Ojoshipe as I've always known him back then in high skool is only digging his grave in the music industry.

#beginning of his downfall.
wonderful speech!so y not use a loudspeaker to let d world knw u knew him back in high school...
Re: WANDE COAL Breaks Up With Don Jazzy's Mavin Records by MissyB3(f): 9:57am On Jul 31, 2013

(1)

North West Is A True Kardashian - Kim Kardashian / Tonto Dikeh Shares Stunning Photo With K-switch / Nollywood Actress, Ayo Adesanya Yet To Lose Hope Of Getting Married At 45

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.