Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,329 members, 7,971,182 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 02:48 AM

Can You Employ A Deaf Man As Your Driver - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can You Employ A Deaf Man As Your Driver (710 Views)

Privatisation: NITEL, MTEL To Employ 10,000 Nigerians – NATCOM / FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige / Can You Employ A Stranger Over Your Relative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Employ A Deaf Man As Your Driver by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 30, 2013
Can you employ such person to drive you?
And are they allow to drive in Nigeria?
Re: Can You Employ A Deaf Man As Your Driver by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 30, 2013
Answer the question first.
Re: Can You Employ A Deaf Man As Your Driver by oxygen25: 7:26pm On Jul 30, 2013
Hehehehe, this one na front page material o.
Re: Can You Employ A Deaf Man As Your Driver by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 30, 2013
Yes I can. Since he is not blind nd knw d nigeria no problem u just write where u want to go to nd dats all. A driver dat has experience nd is deaf is employable
Re: Can You Employ A Deaf Man As Your Driver by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 30, 2013
Ms_Steph: Yes I can. Since he is not blind nd knw d nigeria no problem u just write where u want to go to nd dats all. A driver dat has experience nd is deaf is employable
For Nigeria? I hope you know there is no extra life?
Re: Can You Employ A Deaf Man As Your Driver by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 30, 2013
oluface: For Nigeria? I hope you know there is no extra life?
he is not blind but deaf. Dats y I said "experienced" dat y dis country won't develop in sum countries blind pple r working. A disability doesn't mean its d end of d world. As 4 me I can employ a deaf person
Re: Can You Employ A Deaf Man As Your Driver by Emmyk(m): 8:14pm On Jul 30, 2013
I cannot, how will he hear cars honking,? Side mirrors dont do the job alone.

Imagine, a sharp corner, that you need to honk to know if another car in coming.... #Youonlydieonce...

This one aint mouth-reading. cheesy
Re: Can You Employ A Deaf Man As Your Driver by FirstPrinciple(m): 8:34pm On Jul 30, 2013
Ms_Steph: Yes I can. Since he is not blind nd knw d nigeria no problem u just write where u want to go to nd dats all. A driver dat has experience nd is deaf is employable
my sis i clearly understand d fact that you are trying to be optimistic and patriotic here and i equaly share that view , however in reality you realy dont want to give it a try ... am not ruling out the possibility u of finding a deaf person who is well experienced in such profession but be ready to accommodate the excesses involved. especially if the person is a Nigerian (i dont think we have a special training school for them in dis country.).
Re: Can You Employ A Deaf Man As Your Driver by donem: 8:55pm On Jul 30, 2013
@ Op can you employ a blind girl as your house help?
Re: Can You Employ A Deaf Man As Your Driver by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 30, 2013
donem: @ Op can you employ a blind girl as your house help?
Oju loba ara. Once you are blind you are 80% disable... But when u are deaf... There are chances of success.
Re: Can You Employ A Deaf Man As Your Driver by Caracta(f): 10:46pm On Jul 30, 2013
Emmyk: I cannot, how will he hear cars honking,? Side mirrors dont do the job alone.

Imagine, a sharp corner, that you need to honk to know if another car in coming.... #Youonlydieonce...

This one aint mouth-reading. cheesy

You get sense jare. Nigerians can be very sentimental at the expense of their own lives.

A deaf man drove me once...i met myself in a ditch. He couldn't hear impatient drivers honking. I was even shouting at him to use his mirrors but he couldn't hear me. He was communicating with me in sign language and i was shouting in my own language too. See confusion. Na so we hear "gbam" for back.
Re: Can You Employ A Deaf Man As Your Driver by Obinoscopy(m): 10:51pm On Jul 30, 2013
Caracta:

You get sense jare. Nigerians can be very sentimental at the expense of their own lives.

A deaf man drove me once...i met myself in a ditch. He couldn't hear impatient drivers honking. I was even shouting at him to use his mirrors but he couldn't hear me. He was communicating with me in sign language and i was shouting in my own language too. See confusion. Na so we hear "gbam" for back.
Eiya, pele. U learnt the hard way grin
Re: Can You Employ A Deaf Man As Your Driver by Caracta(f): 11:18pm On Jul 30, 2013
Obinoscopy: Eiya, pele. U learnt the hard way grin

I tell you grin
Re: Can You Employ A Deaf Man As Your Driver by Acidosis(m): 4:26am On Jul 31, 2013
I dey craze?

I'd rather hire a d. umb.
Re: Can You Employ A Deaf Man As Your Driver by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 31, 2013
Make deaf man drive me for lagos traffic? Never
I can only employ a deaf man to collect tolls,revenue and sell tickets for an event...
During Orji Uzo Kalu's era, when Enyimba were still making waves in the CAF CL, na deaf man dey sell ticket for Aba township stadium & money dey so complete grin grin
Deaf man no dey hear come, except go

(1) (Reply)

FSM Wanted / Business Development Officer Needed / Urgent Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.