Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,424 members, 7,908,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 11:23 PM

Bloody Rose - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bloody Rose (690 Views)

The Ash Rose / Black Rose / Analyse This: . . . Bloody Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bloody Rose by Nobody: 12:49am On Jul 31, 2013
Part One.

Where should I have drawn the line on my sacrifice for love? I can't stop hating myself for being so stupid!

Terry was my highschool crush. I was crazy about him and always wished he could glance my way at least ones in a while.

But it seemed as if I was a part of the class painting. He never took notice of me.

I loved him first but my tight friend Lizzy got him first. She had a hot curve that turned the heads of male teachers and students alike.

She was beautiful but not as beautiful as I was. But beauty or not, who would gaze twice at a beautiful but flat babe?

I mean, I was flat back and front. Not even a mean bump to suggest that I was a girl. I was a beautiful boy in skirts and shirts.

I resented Lizzy but learnt to accept my lot.

The first day Terry spoken to me was like heaven. The guys in my class and our seniors were having a football match. The girls were out cheering them while I sat alone in the class.

At that stage of my life, I was socially awkward and took refuge in my solitude. I was enjoying the silence and emptiness when Terry walked in.

He perched on my table and smiled. My heart flew out of the window with the cool breeze that had sauntered inside. Till now, I still wonder how I was able to breathe then.

He asked if why I wasn't outside and I told him how silly I thought football was. To punctuate my words, I crossed my arms and gave him a frown that sent him scurryling back outside.

I blew up every other chance I got to make a real conversation with him.

Five years later, I got admission into the University of Lagos. I had outgrown my awkwardness and was a full woman.

I was lying on my bed and gazing at the wall when I got a text message signed by Terry. He called me after the text message and introduced himself.

I couldn't believe what he told me. Terry said that he had a crush on me but was confused on how to approach me because I would always scowl and answer with monosyllables.

He was surprised to hear that I was shy and had a crush on him.
Re: Bloody Rose by buyles(f): 2:01pm On Aug 15, 2013
Is dat all
Re: Bloody Rose by AMYpurple(f): 2:31pm On Aug 15, 2013
buyles: Is dat all
I hope not
Re: Bloody Rose by IZUKWU(m): 6:45pm On Aug 15, 2013
AMYpurple:
I hope not
me too.
Re: Bloody Rose by Divepen1(m): 11:43am On Mar 27, 2015
Contunu
Re: Bloody Rose by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 27, 2015
UPDATE NA
Re: Bloody Rose by brennyB: 8:23pm On Mar 27, 2015
Please oo..update,WAITING

(1) (Reply)

The Desire Of Every Reasonable Man / .. / Please Nairalanders Help Me Stop This People From Stealing My Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.