Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,175 members, 7,970,660 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 01:14 PM

What Does "Selling Point" Mean To You - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Does "Selling Point" Mean To You (605 Views)

What Does Marriage Mean To You? / What Does "Selling Point" Mean To You / What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does "Selling Point" Mean To You by Docii001(m): 11:45am On Jul 31, 2013
Everybody at least has that one thing that stands you out from the rest of the pack. I drove through Allen some nights ago with some friends and since I am mostly in Ile-ife, I was able to see one of the havens for prostitutes in that area for the first time. I am not the kind of guy who would pick up a prostitute,no disrespect to those who do(I believe you have your reasons,whatever it is) but am very curious about a lot of things. So while we were there a man pulled up in this very nice bentley,and called the biggest girl there.....he did not negotiate at all because she just got her bag and hopped into the passenger's seat. I was disappointed because,I felt in that car you should be cruising with the finest of girls and not even be seen in a place like that not to talk of picking up a girl that to me was not it at all.
This morning I thought and the phrase "selling point" came to mind. Her selling point to that particular guy must have been the fact she was Big. That raised some questions about selling point in my head....is it all about physical attribute and appearance? Why then are there varying opinions?
Selling point should be a generally accepted quality,something that gets you acceptance without arguments or debates but it is shrouded in vanity.
A lot of people do a lot of things to make themselves marketable commodities forgetting that human beings are complex and very different in their thinking and reasoning. There are too many angles to address this from; what is cool today is uncool tomorrow,some like thick some like thin,some are scared of truth,and some live for the truth.
My mum for example becomes apprehensive when someone is very nice while my Dad just loves such people.
My candid advise is not to dwell on having a selling point but rather make yourself positively useful in whatever place you find yourself. Develop rare qualities which would make you missed when you are not there, and relevant in your family,relationship,society and place of work. Do not be the gossip girl or the booze boy,because you would soon outlive your relevance once real business comes up.
At the end of the day,its important not to expect anything in return,see it as a service to yourself because one thing I always and will always preach is humans are very selfish and do not care what you feel. Everything is time and season,and one day someone would care enough to see this qualities you have worked hard on and not just your "selling point" which has an expire date.
Re: What Does "Selling Point" Mean To You by simdam500(m): 12:07pm On Jul 31, 2013
first to comment grin and i hope they get to listen to it and not just listen *did i just say listen* *erm i mean read dis* and stick to it

Re: What Does "Selling Point" Mean To You by Docii001(m): 1:18pm On Jul 31, 2013
simdam500: first to comment grin and i hope they get to listen to it and not just listen *did i just say listen* *erm i mean read dis* and stick to it

Lol.....I am speaking through my words.
So you are still right, taking it from a poetic angle....
Re: What Does "Selling Point" Mean To You by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 31, 2013
Nice post!

But the way you use proti tutes as an example, you are definitely a suspect.
Re: What Does "Selling Point" Mean To You by Docii001(m): 1:36pm On Jul 31, 2013
Chillisauce: Nice post!

But the way you use proti tutes as an example, you are definitely a suspect.

Lol...I'm innocent o
If you go though most of my posts,you will see I use any and everything as case studies. I'm just very observant and like to use real life examples. Thanks for the !

(1) (Reply)

Wow! We Still Have People That Keep To Their Words / Time Machine: Would Your Mother Choose To Give Birth To You? / Would You Marry An SS Genotype Lady Or Guy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.