Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,031 members, 7,970,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 10:33 PM

There Is A Grand Design To Plunge Northern Nigeria Into Deeper Crises - Sultan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is A Grand Design To Plunge Northern Nigeria Into Deeper Crises - Sultan (1973 Views)

CBN Recruitment Scam, A Grand Betrayal Of Change Mantra - Caleb Ayansina / Aso Villa Chapel Bids Jonathan And Wife Farewell In A Grand Style / APC Will Plunge Nigeria Into Civil, Religious War –fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is A Grand Design To Plunge Northern Nigeria Into Deeper Crises - Sultan by jjcbuthot: 1:29am On Aug 02, 2013
Think about. Your belonging was stolen and you naively rely on the person that stole it to help you find the stolen item - you will never find it.
Re: There Is A Grand Design To Plunge Northern Nigeria Into Deeper Crises - Sultan by Godmann(m): 9:35am On Aug 02, 2013
Duru1:

You have indicted the basis of your argument through the first paragraph. How does being a part of Nigeria prevent harassment of Igbo in Ghana and Cameroon? It is very unfortunate you claimed to be Igbo yet showed damnable ignorance on the geographical delineation of Igbo land. In fact, you are one of those Igbo peeps that compromise the very existence of Igbo people. I honestly do not think Igbo land wants a son or daughter such as you.

When Nigeria disintegrates, please I urge you not to show face in Igbo land because, according to you, it is landlocked. I guess you need to know that one of viable economies in Africa is at home in a landlocked country.

It is unfortunate you dabbled into the so-called economic zones. I should not remind you that countries in the so-called economic zones developed independently and agreed to trade with each another as different entities. If you want to create economic or trade zones of former Nigerian countries or Nigerian Union, I say fine but you should desist from injecting empty argument that can undermine the nationalistic spirit of people looking for true unity that is fueled by identical culture and tradition.

Let me tell you, Nigeria is created to have people who fortunately found themselves in corridor of power to embezzle as much as they could without empathy. Nigeria is a joke and does not entice any sense of patriotism. I had rather have Republic of Igbo land that is struggling economically with bunch of patriotic individuals than Nigeria full of honey with despicable bas.tards.

I did not see a single line of reason telling me how Igbos will be better of economically as a country than as part of a bigger Nigerian Market. Tell me, do you have any idea of Economy? Do you know what a country really mean and the decision a country can make to create a better economy for its citizens?

Do you expect all of us to be guided by un-intelligent emotional outburst?

In specifics, how do Biafra survive without access to the sea if The Niger Delta's choose to sabotage us? Are we going to Fight them in a war? Or route our import from Yoruba land or Cameroun? Can we feed ourselves without the foodstuffs from the North? Can we accommodate all our Traders knowing fully well that Nigeria cannot break up in peace, which means the North and West and South south will send our people home?

How easy will it be to build a common economic block with Arewa, oduduwa and Niger Delta when we break up giving the enemity that breaking up will create?

These are practical issues to be analysed; not idoitic un-intelligent outburst.

prove to me that you know what you are saying. Show me that you have some facts guys.

If you are truly Igbo as you claim to be, you should be knowledgebale; We are known to be knowledgeable man!!!
Re: There Is A Grand Design To Plunge Northern Nigeria Into Deeper Crises - Sultan by Godmann(m): 9:36am On Aug 02, 2013
mikeywise: If u think breaking up will solve the problems of Nigeria, then am afraid to tell u wake up from your sleep.
Even if we eventually break up, can Abia and Imo live in peace, can Benue and plateau live in peace, can Rivers and Bayelsa live in peace? The list is endless even within states, we have seen ethnic clashes here and there. These among others are the reasons y breaking up won't solve anything.
By the way, I am full blooded igbo man.

Thanks Bros.
Re: There Is A Grand Design To Plunge Northern Nigeria Into Deeper Crises - Sultan by Godmann(m): 9:40am On Aug 02, 2013
Prof Corruption: Too late, too little, too sad. The North is in ruins already.

It is not just the North that is in ruin guy; Nigeria is.

Just like during the War; North, Westand South South celebrated the demise of the Okoroman. Today we can see the War: It spelled teh end of a working Nigeria.

The Boko haram of today that seemed to target the North is targeting not only the destruction of Nigeria; but the final silencing of the hope of the Blackman. Nigeria is teh only country that can galvanise the Blackman.

Take away Nigeria and Africa will never stand. That is the target of Boko Haram
Re: There Is A Grand Design To Plunge Northern Nigeria Into Deeper Crises - Sultan by Otono2(m): 11:30am On Aug 02, 2013
Iyfe Namikaze:
Is it the presidency that fight terrorrism or the military?
Abeg tell them oo
Re: There Is A Grand Design To Plunge Northern Nigeria Into Deeper Crises - Sultan by Otono2(m): 11:33am On Aug 02, 2013
usba:
The military takes instructions from the president.
Bokoharam also takes instructions 4rm the sultan and koran.. So he should talk 2 his boys
Re: There Is A Grand Design To Plunge Northern Nigeria Into Deeper Crises - Sultan by mandarin: 2:24pm On Aug 02, 2013
I still cannot seethe possibility of Nigeria disintegration except it has been in God's calender and of course no one can change that.
Considering the objective fears of Godman and I think it was intelligently structured.You do not fight a war before planning,you plan first before you fight. Many of the cries for new countries from the present Nigeria being championed by some sections are mere emotional expressions of optimism that presume the possibility of myriads of problems suffocating Nigeria as of today to be better handled with promises of better living. I quite agree and sympathise but that wont be all. The objective reservations held by Godman is a requisite to critical assessment of any false hopes of eldorado that any group may think will suddenly fall upon them. challenges must be examined with the view of assessing whether the new country will be a guarantee of wealth as being championed by e-warlords and political visioners.
The Igbo will have lots of challenges just like every other emerging new nations and the hope of assessing the sea southward through Porthacourt is a false hope that will represent a bloody oppression of their neighbours down south.
However, the enterprising spirit of the Igbo will spur their creativity but I consider the country will surely have some serious problems a few I will mention:
1. Land : The land area will be small for the huge population of the nation but there are many small countries with huge population so they can move skyward like Japan.
2. Political : The region obviously lack cohesiveness especially when it comes to leadership and this will come to play a lot in the political terrain of the country. Expects a whole lots of greedy politicians to arise. This is however a global problem
3.Economic: For those who believe manufacturing will grow, I say yes but there wont be such huge market for Igbo traders( a sector where the race dominates) as obtained in Nigeria today.Expect a massive job loses and increment in criminal activities.But this is also a serious problem in today's Nigeria
4. Loss of Delta & Ikwerre: These people may not necessarily share the new identity and so cleave to another countries which may deprive the united Igbo republic the sense of spread and broadness
I however share the opinion that the Igbo country will make it and emerge as a power in Africa but will still need its neighbours to overcome a whole lots of its own challenges. It will be a catholic/atheist dominated country and may be it wont be a Biafra but an Ndigbo Republic.
My submission is however that an autonomous Ndigbo within a confederation true federal Nigeria will be better giving Igbos advantage on both fronts.
Kwenu!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Corruption In Federal University, Oye-ekiti (fuoye)..a Cry Out!!! / National Carrier To Be Unveiled By Month End – Minister / Presidency Orders Ekiti Courts Shut Until After Fayose’s Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.