Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,867 members, 7,949,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 04:33 PM

Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos (60567 Views)

Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki / Fashola Replies GEJ. "Spend 5 Days In Chibok And You'll Know What Bondage Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by plaindealer: 12:27am On Aug 02, 2013
ilugunboy:

Hhehehehehehehehehehe.....so you think in your wildest imagination Ibos can attempt to commit suicide in Lagos.....?

You have not less than 3 states to cross before you reach a comfort and safe zone...before that you have a large swathe of very unfriendly people...

Like Fashola said....use your common sense....not your emotion....don't go into avoidable calamity one more time...

They learn the hard way and this is the story of their life..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by collynzo2(m): 12:28am On Aug 02, 2013
NO LONG TIN: Well, I can only blame the person that made Lagos the (former) capital of Nigeria.

If not of the Oil money way dem use deveop Lagos, wetin I go dey find 4 there. Why Ogun, Oyo etc NO deport Igbos?? Who wan go there sef??

If Onitsha was the former capial, imgine how e go b, because even nw them they try. Yoruba ppl 4 full there tooo

Fashola shld remember that it was our Oil dem 'steal' use develop Lagos if not na water 4 full the place

I've always said that Abuja and Lagos IS not a Yoruba or Hausa state because they were/are former and curent Capital of Nigeria.

Most of the tins we see here are federal roads.... All bridges in Lagos are federal roads to start with

To know how successful Lagos 4 b without our oil money(state capital) look @ Oyo, Osun etc

Add Kwara to your list.
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 12:29am On Aug 02, 2013
ilugunboy:

Hhehehehehehehehehehe.....so you think in your wildest imagination Ibos can attempt to commit suicide in Lagos.....?

You have not less than 3 states to cross before you reach a comfort and safe zone...before that you have a large swathe of very unfriendly people...

Like Fashola said....use your common sense....not your emotion....don't go into avoidable calamity one more time...

We can overrun Lagos when the time comes. Let the time come and we shall see!
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 12:30am On Aug 02, 2013
proO1: Unfortunately, the governor's senseless response - laced with indifferent emptiness and veiled threats - confirms the worst fears of conscientious Nigerians: Nigeria's days as one country are numbered. The Americans predicted that this contraption of a country would fall apart by 2015. The signs are ominous, and it increasingly seems like a prophesy that will come to pass.

Note that none of Yoruba voices of reason - including the so-called enlightened Yoruba lawyers, civil society 'activists' and the intelligentsia that like to make noise in the media about political issues, constitutionalism, and democratic challenges is talking about the LEGALITY AND CONSTITUTIONALITY of this terrible action. There seems to be not merely a conspiracy of silence, but even more disturbing, a conspiracy of lies.

I have followed this issue with keen interest, and I have noticed that every activist, lawyer and social commentator unequivocally condemns the LASG's acrion - except those of Yoruba extraction, who greasily talk about how it is necessary to contain 'nuisance' in Lagos and whatnot, meaning that Igbo people are the chief nuisance in Lagos, or worse, that it is OK to contain 'nuisance' by flouting the constitution and perpetrating blatant illegalities.

Yoruba commentators all seem complicit in this divisive scheme - conveniently ignoring the CLEAR legal and constitutional essence of the argument, and choosing to latch on to baseless and subjective justifications. This is a highly unfortunate development that tells us how impossible it is to maintain Nigeria's unity, since people are so willing to sacrifice truth on the altar of tribal prejudices and hatred.

Nonsensical words woven into unreadable passage. You need to do just one thing: sue Lagos state government and prove this policy is unconstitutional. It's not unconstitutional because you think it is, it is when the courts say so.
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 12:30am On Aug 02, 2013
plaindealer:

They learn the hard way and this is the story of their life..

Bros, let this gbege start first. We are waiting.
EUROBOMBER:

We can overrun Lagos when the time comes. Let the time come and we shall see!

I pray the time comes earlier than you think...

A niqqa will Just blow off the Niger bridge again.....
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 12:31am On Aug 02, 2013
ilugunboy:

I pray the time comes more tan you think...

AMEN!!!!!!! I WILL DROP ON MY KNEES AND FAST TO FAST-FORWARD IT!!!!!!!
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 12:33am On Aug 02, 2013
EUROBOMBER:

AMEN!!!!!!! I WILL DROP ON MY KNEES AND FAST TO FAST-FORWARD IT!!!!!!!

Amen! Amen!! Amen!!!
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 12:34am On Aug 02, 2013
It saves a lot of headache if the truth is told as it is. Igbos who were deported were constituting themselves a nuisance in the state.

Anambra elections has nothing to do with it, Fash.
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by kunlesehan(m): 12:34am On Aug 02, 2013
we can only rant and chant ...
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 12:35am On Aug 02, 2013
Fasola is doing well. Haters should go to court or keep their mouth shut. I'm out.
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by kloe121(f): 12:35am On Aug 02, 2013
Na so!! Doesn't fashola know d@ almost 60% of d state's revenue are 4rm d igbos. Hunger strike go soon start 4 lasgidi
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by collynzo2(m): 12:38am On Aug 02, 2013
Prof Corruption:

It's good. We want more of it. Make sure you develop all western states and all northern states but leave the East for erosion to swallow. When you are done, not just clap for yourselves but also declare yourselves as the most intelligent humans ever graced the earth.

Fooools.
Take away Lagos the former capital of Nigeria, no south west state can be compared to anywhere in the east. Many of you just sit in your armchair and type rubbish. Have you ever travelled?
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by collynzo2(m): 12:42am On Aug 02, 2013
slimmy05: you're just an uninformed skunk and who told you history has it that Lagos is a yoruba land. Who are the first settlers in Lagos? And "Eko", "idumota" a yoruba name? Let me school you a little cos am the principal of your school of thought, but you're derailing so fast, lagos was presided over by the Oba of Benin and benin were the first settlers in Lagos. And who the hell told you Fashola is a lagosian and Tinubu? Those guys aint Lagosians, they can't even trace their roots. Bunch of bastardsss who migrated from neighbouring states claiming lagosians.
Just like the ones we have on Nairaland......every yoruba man is now a Lagosian hahaha. Are they ashamed of their states, why is no one on nairaland from Kwara, Ekiti, Osun etc.?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 12:42am On Aug 02, 2013
I have delivered my message loud and clear. If yorubas are truly wise as they claim, they would be trying to build close ties with the Igbos now while there is still time. Some things are too sensitive for me to say here. Let him with ears here the message from the Bomber. The Igbos you push away today will be the ones to cover your backs when the dark clouds release rain.

There will be no peace for the man who does not want peace.

A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE!!!

Mission accomplished.

OUT!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 12:44am On Aug 02, 2013
Prof Corruption: Fasola is doing well. Haters should go to court or keep their mouth shut. I'm out.
what do you expect from a prof of corruption. Have you taken your drugs?
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by whitecat007: 12:44am On Aug 02, 2013
YORUBA! YORUBA! YORUBA! HOW DID WE GET TO THIS POINT? IBOS ARE NOT ONLY FIGHTING FOR THERE RIGHTS HERE, BUT ARE TAKING OUR OWN RIGHTS AWAY FROM US AND DOING EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO SILENCE US AT THE SAME TIME.

SOMETHING MUST BE DONE AND DONE FAST TO CUT IBOS TO SIZE, SABOTAGE ANYTHING IBOS CAMPAIGN MUST BE LAUNCHED NOW, IT'S NOT WICKEDNESS, IT'S SURVIVAL. IBOS HAVE NOT ONLY OVERSTAYED THEIR WELCOME AND THUMBING THEIR NOSES AT US, BUT CALLING US OUT BATTLE READY.

IBOS ARE FIGHTING THEIR "WAR OF MINDS" AND WE MUST RESPOND ACCORDINGLY
[b][/b].

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by FILEBE(m): 12:45am On Aug 02, 2013
slimmy05: you're just an uninformed skunk and who told you history has it that Lagos is a yoruba land. Who are the first settlers in Lagos? And "Eko", "idumota" a yoruba name? Let me school you a little cos am the principal of your school of thought, but you're derailing so fast, lagos was presided over by the Oba of Benin and benin were the first settlers in Lagos. And who the hell told you Fashola is a lagosian and Tinubu? Those guys aint Lagosians, they can't even trace their roots. Bunch of bastardsss who migrated from neighbouring states claiming lagosians.
oh Principal. You forgot to tell us the history of the Benins. Who were their forefathers? And excuse me sir! The Benins dont claim being Ibos.

Abeg Jare this whole noise u guys are making is disturbing my "handrum" . lol! Quit taking aspirin for someone else's headache. You guys are just trying to make a tornado out of a tea cup! A case out of nothing. Why dont we join hands together and try to suggest way forward for our Beloveth country, Nigeria? This country is ours...na we get am! We,as the people,when together as one is far far powerful than the Government!
GOD bless the Igbos,
GOD bless the Hausas,
GOD bless the Yorubas
GOD bless all of us
GOD bless Nigeria!
#team one Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 12:46am On Aug 02, 2013
FASHOLA, THANK U FOR TEACHING THAT MAN THAT "THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME".
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 12:47am On Aug 02, 2013
collynzo2: Take away Lagos the former capital of Nigeria, no south west state can be compared to anywhere in the east. Many of you just sit in your armchair and type rubbish. Have you ever travelled?

When you typed "compare", what exactly were you driving at? The GDP of the remaining five western states are higher than that of the East. Or you want to compare the migration rate to other regions for economic prosperity? Who migrates to the East? What's in the East that's attracting the rest of Nigerians?

Continue boasting of having the largest market in Africa. I dey laugh! When Nigeria unravels, you folks ll look for tears there ll be none.
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by ak4God(m): 12:48am On Aug 02, 2013
But when the Yorubas were deported from Akwa Ibom back Lagos,nothing wrong.When Fashola deported the Notherners,it was good action,but now that he deported sosme miscreant from the SE.Its against the law.Abeg if una like shout from today till eternity,Eko Oni Baje.Yorubas dont discriminate,we are all equal,NOTHIN LIKE OSU ammong us.
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by tpia5: 12:50am On Aug 02, 2013
Una still dey make noise here?

Ee pe nbe.

What exactly is the joy in someone from your community being destitute?

Is it something to be proud of?
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 12:50am On Aug 02, 2013
collynzo2: Just like the ones we have on Nairaland......every yoruba man is now a Lagosian hahaha. Are they ashamed of their states, why is no one on nairaland from Kwara, Ekiti, Osun etc.?
grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by ecnuel: 12:51am On Aug 02, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Then why were Yorubas also deported in 2011?

Whether Yoruba or Igbo, his antics are bad. He quite knew he was wrong and chose to dump them at midnight!
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by collynzo2(m): 12:54am On Aug 02, 2013
Prof Corruption:

When you typed "compare", what exactly were you driving at? The GDP of the remaining five western states are higher than that of the East. Or you want to compare the migration rate to other regions for economic prosperity? Who migrates to the East? What's in the East that's attracting the rest of Nigerians?

Continue boasting of having the largest market in Africa. I dey laugh! When Nigeria unravels, you folks ll look for tears there ll be none.
I asked if you guys travel at all, you have answered me by asking 'who migrates to the east'? I don't know where you got your GDP figures from, but I repeat no state in the west outside Lagos (a former capital) can be compared to anywhere in the east. I'll like to know the number of Igbos in Ekiti state as compared to the number of yorubas in Enugu state. Sit in your armchair and vomit thrash, it's very clear you haven't travelled outside Lagos and your village in Osun state.
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by FILEBE(m): 12:54am On Aug 02, 2013
"The begining of war is what we know... Nobody knows the end " - Sage Filebe
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by IGBOSON1: 12:55am On Aug 02, 2013
ilugunboy:

Yes 'host state'....he is obviously and pointedly saying it to your face that you are strangers here in Lagos...

^^^Thanks for clearing that up! It's a bit difficult understanding the inner workings of an ethnic supremacist cum bigot, so a little help from a like-minded twerp like you is highly welcome.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by deeptesting(m): 12:55am On Aug 02, 2013
Truly speaking we all have a lot at stake as the Governor has said,though he knew this as a fact but failed to take it into consideration when making his decision. The polity is already heated up,hence,the more reason Fashola and his advisers should have followed the right procedure in sending the Igbos back to their village,imposing Babaloja or what on the Igbo traders,imposing a minor over her grandparents as the Iyoloja of Market association etc. Mr. Governor admitting your mistake does not necessarily mean you are given up,it means growing up...Please grow up. #Team one Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 12:56am On Aug 02, 2013
Bump!!

This thread made front page! shocked
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 12:58am On Aug 02, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Sir, can you please elucidate what the Yoruba's need to do because these people don't rate us nor our culture/tradition?

And why do we keep shouting "sophistication," when life is about defending yourself and your possessions with everything you've got?
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 12:59am On Aug 02, 2013
deeptesting: Truly speaking we all have a lot at stake as the Governor has said,though he knew this as a fact but failed to take it into consideration when making his decision. The polity is already heated up,hence,the more reason Fashola and his advisers should have followed the right procedure in sending the Igbos back to their village,imposing Babaloja or what on the Igbo traders,imposing a minor over her grandparents as the Iyoloja of Market association etc. Mr. Governor admitting your mistake does not necessarily mean you are given up,it means growing up...Please grow up.

Go the East and appoint as many Babalojas as you deem fit. But you don't come to West and tell us how to express our culture and tradition. If you find that too difficult to bear, sue the state or go back to your village.
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 1:03am On Aug 02, 2013
There is something very WRONG with the Igbo tribe...they don't know who they are supposed to be yet 98% of them feel they are BETTER than the other tribes in Nigeria...THEIR BOLD ARROGANCE IS THEIR PROBLEM!!!
Until they take a Good Look at themselves in the mirror...they will not find their place... undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA / PDP Youth Leader Killed In Osun Rerun, Another Beaten Up By Thugs- Deji Adeyanju / Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.