Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,364 members, 7,947,596 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 01:56 AM

Please, Stop This Insanity.. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Please, Stop This Insanity.. (432 Views)

Please, Stop Forcing 'star Wars' On Me / Ladies,please Stop This / Seun, Please Stop Ishilove From Closing This Thread To Hide Her Offense! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please, Stop This Insanity.. by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 03, 2013
I woud like to bring to light, the unrest our seemingly harmless diverging opinions are brewing up, in light of the recent 'samaritan relocation' or 'unlawful evacuation' of the allegedly incaercerated Ibos, from varying locations in Lagos State to Onitsha in Anambra State. I'm an Ibo male myself, and I have to say I'm a tad biased and tend to believe it's wrong, as that many a people can't just collude to spew false allegations on how they came to be where they were found.
But more disturbing is the fact that this is in fact, creating a path in the biblical Red Sea, the Ibos on one path, the Yorubas on the other. We were united when battling against the Boko Haram scourge, seemingly Ibos and Yorubas against the Hausas/Fulanis and their likes. Now, there seem to be a new reason for the former allies to find fault with one another. It's no lie that envy may have been existing, albeit quietly before, but the fact that it is scaling can not be ignored or allowed to go unnoticed. The heated arguments on the streets/work places, and even the overtly passionate comments on some issues here on Nairaland goes a long way to show the HATE underneath. THIS MUST STOP..
While we wish for a more united Nigeria and wait for this to blow over and away, I would love to give some suggestions that would help us play our own part in making aright, the wrongs of our fathers and ourselves.
1. Charity begins at home. Instead of channelling our energies into unproductive scenarios, let's play the middleman, trying as much as possible to assume no opinion or aim other than to panacea such situations. Two wrongs can't make a right, at the end, it's just a pathetic rat race.
2. Mods, I don't want to believe you enjoy these bickerings and I don't want to believe you're lazy to take them up. But please, when you see these flammable informations on display, or you notice them having explosive tendencies, do accurate justice to such threads. Same applies to people holding discussions in real life.
3. Finally, we shouldn't allow ourselves to be used as pawns in actualizing someone else's dreams. We can't read mind, but we must know at one point or the other, one must look out for his or her own good, using means available to him. Think of it that whomever is the architect of such unrest has ulterior motives particular to him/her or their likes. Think thus, and justify your position before moving to assume a line of action.. Thank You.
Dare I say, 'One Nigeria'??

(1) (Reply)

F.g, Please Demand These From ASUU / Free Bus Ride For Lagosians On Eid-el-fitri / If You Can Turn Back The Hands Oftime, What Would You Change Aboutyour Past?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.