Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,840 members, 7,945,695 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 12:38 AM

Materialism Or Spirituality - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Materialism Or Spirituality (542 Views)

Pastors, Materialism And Spirituality. / Value Re-orientaion: Panacea To Materialism / The Gospel Of Materialism – Nigerian Pentecostalism And Hypocrisy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Materialism Or Spirituality by Afroconnect: 6:58pm On Aug 03, 2013
Am a christian,I believe in the existence of God.
I keep thinking about this issue of materialistic tendencies of the men on the pulpit in Nigeria.
Jesus clearly stated in the bible that "I am not of this world" Jesus was always helping people,making their lives better not amassing wealth to buy expensive toys and private jets.One can either love God or Mormon,but these days it seems our "Nigerian-Christianity" system is succeeding in merging the two beautifully.I think it is wrong for a Pastor to use Church's offering and tithes to buy private jets,while they are unemployed youths in the church.that money can create jobs for thousands of youths,this I think God will love more.
Money is good,I work hard to get money too,but I think its criminal and wickedness to utilise the money accrued from the poor masses who sometimes barely afford meals to use to buy private jets.
A private Jet is almost a billion naira,and it always comes with after service/costs.
People are suffering,going to bed hungry and the pastor spend millions monthly on fuel and upkeep because he wants to drive a G-Class and must stay in Lekki phase1.
Nigerians wake up,an holy man does not chase wealth.
Our God is rich because God owns all,a Pastor using the collective resources of the church to fund his expensive living is a cheat-that money is for Widows,Orphan children,the poor and for maintainance of the Body of christ.
By their fruits ye know them.
Jesus never chased wealth,was not greedy-christians are meant to be Christ-like.

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Ajanaku ( Tope Alabi god father) Dies? / She Shot Her Husband, Another Lady And Herself ((reminder)) / what denomination of atheism do you belong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.