Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,873 members, 7,889,914 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 01:34 AM

What Happens, If U Are Rejected After An Interview? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Happens, If U Are Rejected After An Interview? (2475 Views)

Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected / Questions A Job Seeker Shouldn't Ask In An Interview. / What Not To Say In An Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens, If U Are Rejected After An Interview? by tonn(m): 12:26pm On May 27, 2006
Hello guys, This is very important for me and my lovd ones.
I had a very bad experience after my interview with Virgin Nigeria,I was told to go back home after spending the whole day with them, by that, they meant I wasnt good enof. I felt like that was the end for me cos i Had so much hope there. I was able to pull thru, tnx to my mum who night and day was by my side. What advice do u ve for so many out there who go thru these experiences every day?
Re: What Happens, If U Are Rejected After An Interview? by tonn(m): 12:29pm On May 27, 2006
Hello guys, This is very important for me and my lovd ones.
I had a very bad experience after my interview with Virgin Nigeria,I was told to go back home after spending the whole day with them, by that, they meant I wasnt good enof. I felt like that was the end for me cos i Had so much hope there. I was able to pull thru, tnx to my mum who night and day was by my side. What advice do u ve for so many out there who go thru these experiences every day?
Re: What Happens, If U Are Rejected After An Interview? by bluenubian(f): 2:19pm On May 27, 2006
keep ur head up and dont give up, everything happens for a reason, keep looking, u find a better job
Re: What Happens, If U Are Rejected After An Interview? by breez(m): 3:11pm On May 27, 2006
its really important to keep your expectations "at par" whenever you go in for an interview. always remember that no matter how good you are, there are always possibilities of better people hoping for the same job as you. this is not to say however that you'd be perimistic. just be cool, calm and maintian tht quite confidence in your own abilities. Really, there is alway a lot to learn and gain from an interview, appart from securing the job.

persoanlly i have learnt to 'maintain". i didn't succeed in some of my interviews, but the experience helped my to be at my best when "the big one came". guess what, , i got the job!

Don't feel to bad, there are others on the way. make sure your experience with virgin leaves a better you, poised for another chance, somewhere else, another day. all the best! smiley
Re: What Happens, If U Are Rejected After An Interview? by edygirl(f): 3:20pm On May 27, 2006
Hi Tonn,
            It was so unfortunate you got rejected but do not let it get on you.That's life. It might not be the best for you or may be you weren't prepared enough. Remember, that interview you went for, many other people might have gone for the same.Don't give up. Just keep trying.You might not get the job on the first interview so just keep trying you can try them again or try other places too. Next time you go for an interview, first of all try doing a mock interview( get your friends, instructor or your mama,tell'em about the kind of job interview you're going for and let 'em ask u questions. Again, consider your attire and grooming (business suit) ,go with your resume or even work samples.Be there on time -like 5-10 min b/4 and remember the interview begins the time you arrive ,be courteous and friendly to everyone because the interviewer might ask the receptionist how you acted.During the interview, do not answer questions with single words responses, tell the truth and answer the questions in the most positive way you can. Remember you are selling yourself .You want to let he/she buy you.Be confident and modest and never you ,again, never you appear desperate.Be poised and alert.Don't criticize anybody esp your past employer 'because they might think you would criticize them too.Use good speech and grammar and use an appropriate eye contact and before I forget, learn about the company before you go 'because you might be asked of what you know about the company. I have to go sleep now .I just came back from work and I'm tired .Good luck and God bless ya. Next I might tell you some of the questions that are normally asked during an interview.
Re: What Happens, If U Are Rejected After An Interview? by tonn(m): 1:22pm On Jun 03, 2006
Tnx edygirl,
I really appreciate your heartfelt concern. Tnx a million. I love you. Take care.
Re: What Happens, If U Are Rejected After An Interview? by edygirl(f): 5:49pm On Jun 03, 2006
Love you too babe. Just keep trying and remember don't appear desperate. bye kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: What Happens, If U Are Rejected After An Interview? by tonn(m): 3:51am On Jun 09, 2006
Tnx Edygirl. Bye. kiss
Re: What Happens, If U Are Rejected After An Interview? by Gabry(f): 7:29am On Nov 01, 2008
@Topic, I dont get rejected. NEVER!
Re: What Happens, If U Are Rejected After An Interview? by server34(m): 2:52pm On Nov 19, 2008
gabrywyl:

@Topic, I don't get rejected. NEVER!

I'm happy for you.

@ Poster, keep ur head up. better opportunities still await you. Meanwhile, to ease things up since that is not the end of the world, u can do like me and send this letter below to whoever rejected you.

Dear ___,

Thank you for your letter rejecting my application for employment with your firm.

I have received rejections from an unusually large number of well qualified organizations. With such a varied and promising spectrum of rejections from which to select, it is impossible for me to consider them all. After careful deliberation, then, and because a number of firms have found me more unsuitable, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your rejection.

Despite your company’s outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet with my requirements at this time. As a result, I will be starting employment with your firm on the first of the month.  Circumstances change and one can never know when new demands for rejection arise. Accordingly, I will keep your letter on file in case my requirements for rejection change.

Please do not regard this letter as a criticism of your qualifications in attempting to refuse me employment. I wish you the best of luck in rejecting future candidates.

Yours Sincerely,
Server 34.

(1) (Reply)

How to Become Self-confident In 3 "Easy" Steps / Qualification For Chevron Job / A Staff Of Ecart Services (jumia Nigeria) Died At Work Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.